Orange's new superintendent has contr...

Orange's new superintendent has controversial past

There are 7 comments on the HeraldSun.com story from Sep 13, 2013, titled Orange's new superintendent has controversial past. In it, HeraldSun.com reports that:

The newly named superintendent of the Orange County Schools, Gerri Martin, was at the center of a storm involving the separation of church and state as superintendent of the McDowell County Schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HeraldSun.com.

“Well yeah...”

Since: Sep 09

Right next to ya

#1 Sep 13, 2013
I'm sure that last paragraph will make McDowell seem like backwoods hicks. I'm not saying that is the case just that to the reader not from the area it will get a smirk or two.
Indrid Cold

Smithfield, NC

#2 Sep 14, 2013
McDowell is nothing but a bunch of backwoods hicks. Best wishes to her on her move. Who can blame her for wanting to move out of Mac-Dowell? Everything in Marion is screwed up. They can't keep a police chief or any other public official for more than a year or two.
Crystal

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2013
That wonderful little girl should have been allowed to read her poem. Plain and simple.
YouBelieveThisCr ap

Mocksville, NC

#4 Sep 16, 2013
Crystal wrote:
That wonderful little girl should have been allowed to read her poem. Plain and simple.
Jesus Cheezus. That little girl NEVER wrote that poem. Straight from her mothers mouth at the school board meeting:
To clarify how the poem came about, the mother of the little girl, Renata Crawley, with the support of her husband, Greg Crawley, spoke to the board and those at the meeting about their feelings concerning the incident.
During the public comment portion of Monday’s meeting, Crawley explained that her daughter was assigned to write about her grandfathers -- who both served in the armed forces -- for the school’s Veterans Day program.
She stated that after her daughter was assigned to write the poem, the youngster became frustrated. To help ease some of that tension, Renata, along with the rest of the family, helped the young girl construct the poem.
“My daughter struggled writing about her grandfathers when writing this poem,” stated Renata.“She is 6 years old and does not know much about war or the armed forces.”
Crawley said the family worked together on the poem, with her 6-year-old daughter assisting with rhyming words to make the poem “her style.”
William PurvisKVK1

Barnardsville, NC

#5 Sep 16, 2013
Indrid Cold wrote:
McDowell is nothing but a bunch of backwoods hicks. Best wishes to her on her move. Who can blame her for wanting to move out of Mac-Dowell? Everything in Marion is screwed up. They can't keep a police chief or any other public official for more than a year or two.
Explain how they keep the current commissioners.
lol

Greer, SC

#6 Sep 20, 2013
Dr can't be gone soon enough. She has been a liability since she arrived and we will be lucky to get her out without being sued for some of her leadership failings.
jeff

Greer, SC

#8 Apr 7, 2014
Indrid Cold wrote:
The most arrogant,"leadership-void " school administrator in NC left McDowell County in 2013. Best wishes to the people in Orange. By the way, the poem by the 2nd grader was not the big problem. The problem arose in most all of her decisions and treatment of people. The person who I am replying to has a history of the same arrogance and overbearing attitude as the "administrator" he ( she) defends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Stevens 32 min Mr jones 6
Janet Lewis (Jun '16) 48 min Hold up 27
Trump Voters Screwed Themselves & The Rest of Us 1 hr Lynn Greene 119
Amy slone 1 hr Spacey1 2
Looking 4 hr LaGrange Budro 2
Jeff ollis**** druggie 6 hr Spacey1 5
Metal inds 7 hr Amy33 2

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance