What went down with management at Swa...

What went down with management at Swamp Fox Tavern?

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
great

Greer, SC

#2 Sep 8, 2013
I hope that they stop the cage fights. This is barberic! Someone is going to get killed.
WHAT

United States

#3 Sep 8, 2013
is this true? I love that no good place .
Truth is

Morganton, NC

#6 Sep 9, 2013
CupOfShutUp wrote:
I hear laughing rumours of 'Don' ramsey pulling a "don" on them. I hope they're safe.
Was made an offer he couldn't refuse. Okay? Now go on back an enjoy the party.
Bobby Ultralight iceman

Asheville, NC

#8 Sep 9, 2013
Truth is wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree sounds like a cut n run kinda thing plus moving seems really shady.Kid isn't in college and your world looks like its crumbling good time to disappear.lol.King Don doesn't have to do a thing he's a good man and a great person Karmas is a bitch always gets her mark.
Bobby Ultralight iceman

Asheville, NC

#9 Sep 9, 2013
Oh yeah they don't play in Greensboro better be cool there .Seriously Greensboro people run real businesses with real money not Monopoloy money.
lol

Morristown, TN

#10 Sep 9, 2013
Bobby Ultralight iceman wrote:
<quoted text>Agree sounds like a cut n run kinda thing plus moving seems really shady.Kid isn't in college and your world looks like its crumbling good time to disappear.lol.King Don doesn't have to do a thing he's a good man and a great person Karmas is a bitch always gets her mark.
Man, seems like you know them well. What else do you know? I do know for a fact his son is in school though, so you are wrong about that.
Doug

Asheville, NC

#11 Sep 9, 2013
They have always had homes in other cities.
They have recently sold their businesses including a health care company, and a group home. I know for a fact they still own The Swamp Fox but Mark and Charlotte are only managing it. I don't blame them for getting out of this "Goodbye" town! If I could move I would too! Whats here? Nothing besides dollar stores, a poor economy, and people who like to run their mouth.
As far as Monopoly Money, thats funny.
You think they sold a healthcare business, and a group home for pennies?
Tom Hagen

Raleigh, NC

#12 Sep 9, 2013
Truth is wrote:
<quoted text>
Should've never messed with 'The DON' though. For he knows, more so than most, that revenge is a dish which tastes best when served cold. Think about it. You never invited him to the fox for a cup of coffee, even though he lived just up on the hill. But let's be frank here: you never wanted his friendship. What did he do to make you play that music so loud? If you had gone to him in friendship, then your family wouldn’t be suffering this very day.
Waitress

Denver, NC

#13 Sep 9, 2013
Tom Hagen wrote:
<quoted text>
Should've never messed with 'The DON' though. For he knows, more so than most, that revenge is a dish which tastes best when served cold. Think about it. You never invited him to the fox for a cup of coffee, even though he lived just up on the hill. But let's be frank here: you never wanted his friendship. What did he do to make you play that music so loud? If you had gone to him in friendship, then your family wouldn’t be suffering this very day.
What the hell are you talking about? Don Ramsey hasn't said anything to anyone at the Swamp Fox in months. What you are writing about is old news pal. Get a life! By the way, the Swamp Fox doesn't serve coffee!

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#14 Sep 9, 2013
Waitress, we're just poking fun at Don for his name. Absolutely nobody would ever believe that old man had anything to do with them leaving.. lol. And ACTUALLY!!! As a place that serves alcohol, ALE law states that coffee has to be served at all times while serving alcohol. now, we all know thats a bad idea because a hyper drunk is even worse.. but I've worked in a couple bars, and I know for 100% fact that if you're serving booze and no coffee is available, you might want to shut your trap.
Amie

Mooresville, NC

#15 Sep 9, 2013
Waitress wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about? Don Ramsey hasn't said anything to anyone at the Swamp Fox in months. What you are writing about is old news pal. Get a life! By the way, the Swamp Fox doesn't serve coffee!
Actually Don was invited to the Swamp Fox along with other county officials and they came to sit down and talk several months ago. True!
Tom Hagen

Raleigh, NC

#16 Sep 9, 2013
Amie wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Don was invited to the Swamp Fox along with other county officials and they came to sit down and talk several months ago. True!
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
Waitress

Mooresville, NC

#17 Sep 9, 2013
CupOfShutUp wrote:
Waitress, we're just poking fun at Don for his name. Absolutely nobody would ever believe that old man had anything to do with them leaving.. lol. And ACTUALLY!!! As a place that serves alcohol, ALE law states that coffee has to be served at all times while serving alcohol. now, we all know thats a bad idea because a hyper drunk is even worse.. but I've worked in a couple bars, and I know for 100% fact that if you're serving booze and no coffee is available, you might want to shut your trap.
Wrong! A certain percentage of food must be sold depending on your percentage of liquor and alcohol sales. Not coffee you dumb A!

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#19 Sep 9, 2013
Thats true, of course a certain percentage of food has to be sold. it also requires coffee, both caffeinated and decaf to be available during hours of liquor purchases. Would you like a link siting the law?
Whiskers

Charlotte, NC

#21 Sep 10, 2013
Long Hair Dont Care wrote:
Yes they are gone Captain Save-a-Hoe and his wife Titts Price are gone for good.Do a dance no more false storeies will we have to endure or him talk about how much he's brough this twon back from the brink of catastrophe.He's on to the next (sarcasm)town to save.No more expensive leased cars (you don't own) to drive around to seem like you have more than you do.I do have to give you props my brotha keeping a side hoe in an apartment getting her breast implants and laying it to her while wifey is away is true playa status.Welcome to the gentlemens club.Just remember keep her out of your wallet!Do some upgrades on your side chich Jessika Price Powell not too cute.Aim for the 25 year old range with no kids and no inhibitios.Plus a mix between Kate Upton and Ali Larter.
Imma need you to quit the internet. This may be the most piss poor attempt at talking smack on a message board I've ever been witness to. There is no possible way you finished high school, and I doubt you would even be in possession of a GED. You sir, have painted yourself as an ignorant fool.You have heard of spell check haven't you? You don't even have to do anything, it underlines in red the multitude of errors you make. When your reply came up, half of my office cringed (the other half laughed out loud). IT was a terrible effort and I am worse off for having read it.
Camel Toe Does Not Care

Morganton, NC

#22 Sep 10, 2013
Whiskers wrote:
<quoted text>
When your reply came up, half of my office cringed (the other half laughed out loud). IT was a terrible effort and I am worse off for having read it.
And you read it because?
Curious

United States

#23 Sep 10, 2013
Long Hair Dont Care wrote:
Yes they are gone Captain Save-a-Hoe and his wife Titts Price are gone for good.Do a dance no more false storeies will we have to endure or him talk about how much he's brough this twon back from the brink of catastrophe.He's on to the next (sarcasm)town to save.No more expensive leased cars (you don't own) to drive around to seem like you have more than you do.I do have to give you props my brotha keeping a side hoe in an apartment getting her breast implants and laying it to her while wifey is away is true playa status.Welcome to the gentlemens club.Just remember keep her out of your wallet!Do some upgrades on your side chich Jessika Price Powell not too cute.Aim for the 25 year old range with no kids and no inhibitios.Plus a mix between Kate Upton and Ali Larter.
Wow! That is some pretty serious stuff you claim to know. I hope your 100 percent certain of these things because it could cause a family problems for things that you may be gossiping about. You seem to know a lot though, do you have good sources.
Whiskers

Durham, NC

#24 Sep 10, 2013
I like to check in on my slowly dying former hometown from time to time. When a town can't even support a two screen cinema I'd say it's about time to call it a day and shut the entire town down.
Funny

United States

#26 Sep 10, 2013
Whiskers wrote:
I like to check in on my slowly dying former hometown from time to time. When a town can't even support a two screen cinema I'd say it's about time to call it a day and shut the entire town down.
i think it's so funny to assume Marion is shutting down and is soooo poor. Truth is there are poor people in this town (like any other town). Also there are very wealthy millionaires. Several millionaires tk be exact....and for the record yes most of the poor people either don't work or refuse to work....and there's more places to eat, shopping, and businesses now then there ever have been in Marion.
LOL

United States

#27 Sep 10, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>i think it's so funny to assume Marion is shutting down and is soooo poor. Truth is there are poor people in this town (like any other town). Also there are very wealthy millionaires. Several millionaires tk be exact....and for the record yes most of the poor people either don't work or refuse to work....and there's more places to eat, shopping, and businesses now then there ever have been in Marion.
I actually kind of agree. Marion is a small population community that will grow at a slow pace. As long as they stay steady with growth and keep an open mind Marion will be a better place to live. The problem is its likely a decade from being there. This town spends time discrediting anyone that tries to bring new ideas to Marion than supporting them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Low Country Restaurant (Oct '10) 3 hr Curious 131
Mcdowell Co. Ghost Riders...... (Feb '15) Tue Duh 14
Nikki B Tue C Bartlett 6
Where is cherish gilliand? (Nov '13) Tue frank 63
Short Russian at Dereks Muffler Hot Rod Hobby Shop Tue Canine sniper 16
Ethan Allen Workers Cheating? Name Them (Sep '12) Mon Upurs31992 58
Chris church Dec 4 Calls em as i see... 2

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance