shooting this morning anybody know wh...
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Truth

Asheville, NC

#123 Mar 18, 2014
Really!! WOW!! Last comment from me! First of all, a felon is not allowed to carry a firearm!! 2nd if you knew Jeffery at all, you would know he is not a violent person, furthermore he has never been charged nor convicted of any crime such as domestic violence or assault with a deadly weapon! last but not least, an over kill would have been unloading a gun!! I don't know what the gun held but anywhere from from 6 to 28 bullets no doubt. So 3 is not an over kill for a man that refuses to stop coming at his 2 year old daughter. So with that said, I hope no one ever approaches you high and drunk with a gun pointing at your small innocent child.
Daniel

Marion, NC

#124 Mar 18, 2014
Undercover Peace keeper wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but you got ya facts wrong Kenneth NEVER done time for beating someone with a baseball bat ...HE BROUGHT A B-BALL BAT TO A FIGHT BUT KEN DID NOT HAVE TO USE IT HE HAS WON MANY TOUGH MAN CONTESTS KENNETH COULD EASILY KILL A MAN W/ HIS HANDS HE DIDN'T NEED A WEAPON & DREW RUSSEL BEAT KEN W/ A GOLF CLUB BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WOULD GET HIS ASS WHOOPED AND DREW WILL TELL YOU THAT. KENNETH NEVER BEAT ANYONE WITH A BAT HE HAD IT W/ HIM BUT NEVER USED IT SO GET YOUR "REALITY IN CHECK" KENNETH DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE ALL BECAUSE JEFFERY WAS A SCARED LIL BITCH END OF STORY. THAT IS OKAY THOUGH CAUSE JEFFERY WILL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE. HIS CHILD STILL HAS HER DAD.....FOR NOW.
This loser is calling someone out for being scared but yet is hiding behind a fake name on a computer. Lol look who the coward is now kid.
Huh

Asheville, NC

#125 Mar 18, 2014
Serious overkill? Must be some good dope you're on. What the hell do you think a police officer would have done? The LEAST an officer would have done would be to double tap. A cop that knew someone that had a history of being a crank head, most likely was on crank and was acting erratically - then charging towards them would have unloaded a full magazine of ammunition on the perp.
Kerosene Drinker

Bakersville, NC

#126 Mar 20, 2014
You are clueless wrote:
<quoted text> Well......let's see...I sure as hell wouldn't be dragging my kid out that late to meet somebody who may or may not be a loose cannon. It doesn't take a genius to be smart and use common sense which isn't common enough and do this exchange in the daytime....say I don't know...at the Sherriffs Office ? Then I'd had out with people that rob houses of people that actually work for a living. All people involved are lowlifes. That's my point. Glad I can clear it up for you. One isn't better than the other they all were lacking in good judgement. Could have avoided altogether. Dumbass.
"I'm So Clueless" glad you're not on the bench as a judge. Your single mindedness on both party's background and with the actual shooting is clearly bias. What would it take for you to review both individuals?

I do support your "self defense" opinion.

Granted none of us were witnesses that night. Theories here are being bounced around and emotions are high with this shooting. Justified, it would seem so since the Law Enforcement ruled and decided. So deal with it.

As for the Dumbazz comment to me, I see you have a total lack of other opinions hence the attack. That shows me and other readers your true nature. An obtuse, one sided thinker. You would be be a much happy person if you expanded your views.
You are clueless

Asheville, NC

#127 Mar 27, 2014
Well Jeff is indicted by the Grand Jury. Britany Lewis and Teigan Hollifield were listed as others involved in the incident. Looks like self defense will be out the window. Seems to me it was a set up. Skipping the probable cause hearing and going straight to the grand jury. Your buddy is f**ked and these trash bag females that already have criminal records are going to be screwed too. Told ya.
truth

Knoxville, TN

#128 Mar 27, 2014
You are clueless! The probable cause was not waived nor skipped! The took it when he ran to the grand jury! He is up for reelection! He don't want to be held accountable for this self defense trial! Because people like yourself, that are clueless and don't know what happened, won't cast your vote for him in the upcoming November election.
As for the McDowell news, they still only print half truths and half information! They have yet to male it public that Jeffery's two year old daughter was in the truck!!
last but not least, the grand jury only hears half or a small portion of the case and is not aware of any of the defense! Self defense I might add! So with this said, you are clueless!! Again
You are clueless

Asheville, NC

#129 Mar 27, 2014
truth wrote:
You are clueless! The probable cause was not waived nor skipped! The took it when he ran to the grand jury! He is up for reelection! He don't want to be held accountable for this self defense trial! Because people like yourself, that are clueless and don't know what happened, won't cast your vote for him in the upcoming November election.
As for the McDowell news, they still only print half truths and half information! They have yet to male it public that Jeffery's two year old daughter was in the truck!!
last but not least, the grand jury only hears half or a small portion of the case and is not aware of any of the defense! Self defense I might add! So with this said, you are clueless!! Again
You and your conspiracy theories. Too funny. It's all a conspiracy right the newspaper is in on it and the DA. Wrong. Say whatever helps you sleep better. We will see when the trial comes. You can scream conspiracy all you want but we will see. Obviously if they are saying the females were involved then they are thinking something else.
ucanthandlethetr uth

Richmond, VA

#130 Mar 27, 2014
When did it become The McDowell News fault for the death of Kenneth Presnell and the indictment on Jeffrey Elkins? Last I heard he shot the man, he was charged, and the paper quoted from official documents. From the article, neither Presnell nor Elkins look like a saint. I don't care what the situation was or how it went down, it was poor judgment from immature people who don't deserve to be parents because they are worried about a stupid ipod and not being at home with their kids. Surround yourself with trouble, and you will get trouble. The truth will set you free.
Just the facts

Tryon, NC

#131 Mar 27, 2014
Go to the McDowell news and read the 911 transcripts. A neighbor called and said that he heard yelling " he's got a gun" which backs up Elkins story. Also the 911 call made by the girl that was with pressnell hurts her credibility because she stated twice that he didn't have a gun which was false . You have two people telling the same story with a neighbor that heard him yelling that he has a gun against a girl that lied to the 911 operator twice . No jury will convict him
Excellent post

Asheville, NC

#132 Mar 27, 2014
ucanthandlethetruth wrote:
When did it become The McDowell News fault for the death of Kenneth Presnell and the indictment on Jeffrey Elkins? Last I heard he shot the man, he was charged, and the paper quoted from official documents. From the article, neither Presnell nor Elkins look like a saint. I don't care what the situation was or how it went down, it was poor judgment from immature people who don't deserve to be parents because they are worried about a stupid ipod and not being at home with their kids. Surround yourself with trouble, and you will get trouble. The truth will set you free.
Best comment I've read yet! Well said!
Truth

Asheville, NC

#133 Mar 27, 2014
I never said it was the mcdowell news fault Kenneth is dead. I simply said the mcdowell news prints half truths and very little information. It is Kenneth's fault he is dead. First of all, it is no secret the life he chose to live and make his wife and children live through. Drugs and violence don't mix. Also take into account his criminal record! Again the life he chose to live. He chose to show up at that store to return personal belongings to that girl and he chose to pull a gun and threaten to kill Jeffery and his 2 year old daughter. I think if Elkins had been trying to hide or brutally murder someone, why the hell would he have called 911 himself, and waited at the scene instead of trying to run?? If some crazed druggie came running toward you yelling he was going to kill you with a gun, what would you do?? Defend yourself or let him kill you?? Not to mention kill your daughter?? Just to clarify, it's none of your business, my business, or anyone else's business why the little girl was there. The fact remains, she was and her life was in danger and he knew they were going to die. As for Brittany, all I have to say about her is, get cleaned up, get off the meth and for goodness sake keep her lying mouth shut!! She can't keep a story straight to save her ass.
With all that said, SELF DEFENSE!!! He stood his ground and saved his life and his little girls life. Period!!!!
Understandthis

Asheville, NC

#134 Mar 28, 2014
Everyone involved should be glad it's not being tried out in the media. And ok great all those "facts" are beneficial to Elkins case. He will get his chance to be heard in court. Don't expect a newspaper to defend him. I'm just sorry that two trashy crackheads are the only witnesses. Also I'm sorry he is being represented by Neighbors,he is one of the most hated people in McDowell County. The only two people that really know what went down are Kenneth presnell and Jeffrey Elkins.
sis

Asheville, NC

#135 Apr 23, 2016
Really wrote:
If u are going to gossip get it right. It's Kenneth Presnell. He had no gun he was shot cause that Jeff guy was a coward and would rather go to prison for shooting someone than fightin and getting his ass kicked. Kenneth was a father he left behind three beautiful daughters. It was over a stupid girl who apparently needs her ass kick
yes he had a gun
sis

Asheville, NC

#136 Apr 23, 2016
You are clueless wrote:
Well Jeff is indicted by the Grand Jury. Britany Lewis and Teigan Hollifield were listed as others involved in the incident. Looks like self defense will be out the window. Seems to me it was a set up. Skipping the probable cause hearing and going straight to the grand jury. Your buddy is f**ked and these trash bag females that already have criminal records are going to be screwed too. Told ya.
you were wrong it WAS self defense
Dirty harry

Marion, NC

#137 Apr 23, 2016
Sounds to me like it was self defense, and that piece of drunken trash should have just stayed home. Jeff defended his life and his daughters life. I feel bad for those who will miss Presnell, like his creepy brother, but all in all the law has spoken. Now get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Voters Screwed Themselves & The Rest of Us 3 min butch 435
Transfiguration Tattoo Studio (May '13) 12 hr Balsac 82
Colby Ricketts 13 hr Sister 9
Need some old photos restored 13 hr Photos 4
Anyone know 14 hr Makes no sense 10
april mathis 15 hr haha 17
Review: Derek's Muffler And Auto Repair (Mar '12) 18 hr Decadent 30

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance