Allen

Boiling Springs, SC

#102 Mar 6, 2014
From Someone in Kenneths own family said that they had no idea Jeffery was going to be there and that there was a set up to get Teigan. There was another car and other people there to make sure the plan went right. When Jeffery showed up things changed and thats when it went down hill for Kenneth. Sum it up. His plan backfired
Lee

Spruce Pine, NC

#103 Mar 6, 2014
regardless of what anybody says Kenneth was a good person.. Drugs did get ahold of him and he was trying to straighten his life out and was doing so good.. Let him rest in peace and I can't believe anyone would say such things as they are glad that he is dead and that his kids are better off.. I believe in karma ..and you also don't talk about someone who has died..leave it to the police. A tragedy happened.
I hope he haunts the shit out of all y'all who are saying such things.
have a good day

Marion, NC

#104 Mar 6, 2014
Allen wrote:
From Someone in Kenneths own family said that they had no idea Jeffery was going to be there and that there was a set up to get Teigan. There was another car and other people there to make sure the plan went right. When Jeffery showed up things changed and thats when it went down hill for Kenneth. Sum it up. His plan backfired
So he was going to shoot his ex gf?? Or have a girl best her up or what? I'm confused now!! More than what I was.. I don't think anyone will ever know what really happen unless you was there in that parking lot! I heard Kenneth got off dope but got back on it thanks to Meagan Cline and Brittany lewis and "Wolfy" and I'm sure others but I don't know their names! Regardless on what happen it's a very sad situation.. I heard that Jeffery shot Kenneth in the shoulder then shot him in the stomach and Brittney Lewis ran up to Kenneth and he was telling her to tell his kids he loved them. And Jeffry shot Kenneth again in the stomach? Why shoot a man when he is already down? Don't make since to me.
really

Marion, NC

#105 Mar 6, 2014
have a good day wrote:
<quoted text>
So he was going to shoot his ex gf?? Or have a girl best her up or what? I'm confused now!! More than what I was.. I don't think anyone will ever know what really happen unless you was there in that parking lot! I heard Kenneth got off dope but got back on it thanks to Meagan Cline and Brittany lewis and "Wolfy" and I'm sure others but I don't know their names! Regardless on what happen it's a very sad situation.. I heard that Jeffery shot Kenneth in the shoulder then shot him in the stomach and Brittney Lewis ran up to Kenneth and he was telling her to tell his kids he loved them. And Jeffry shot Kenneth again in the stomach? Why shoot a man when he is already down? Don't make since to me.
It would be pure rumor regarding the shots fired and where they hit. A forensics examination will clear that up very easily and determine the angle the shots were fired, how close, and whether they were direct or at a downward angle. However, if an armed man is threatening you, you have no duty to shoot to wound. If you are fearful of your life and the lives of others, like a small child, you have the right to shoot to stop. A wounded, methed up armed man is just as dangerous with a gun as an unwounded one, if not more. It isn't like someone emptied a clip on him and shot him 15-20 times like most people would when panicked/afraid. 3 shots are reasonable..
trueblue

Marion, NC

#106 Mar 9, 2014
According to a source close to this case Presnell was armed when he was shot so this is clearly a case of the NC 'stand your ground" law and Elkins will be acquitted in court if it goes that far. The lesson to be learned here is don't show up with a gun if you are not prepared to use it.
trueblue

Marion, NC

#107 Mar 9, 2014
N.C. Gen. Stat. 14-51.3. "Use of force in defense of person; relief from criminal or civil liability."
(a) A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that the conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other's imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat in any place he or she has the lawful right to be if either of the following applies:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another.
(2) Under the circumstances permitted pursuant to G.S. 14-51.2.

(b) A person who uses force as permitted by this section is justified in using such force and is immune from civil or criminal liability for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer or bail bondsman who was lawfully acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer or bail bondsman identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer or bail bondsman in the lawful performance of his or her official duties.(2011-268, s. 1.)
Yep

Marion, NC

#108 Mar 17, 2014
have a good day wrote:
So why haven't the paper came out and said Kenneth had a gun? It kept saying it was in clear about him having a gun?? And rd he get shot st the gas station or carwash part?? && I was told Jeffery was out on bond.
I heard also that Jeffery shot Kenneth in the shoulder then in the stomach twice! That's not self defense.. Shooting someone twice in the same place is not self defense sorry folks:)
Britney Lewis is known as an habitual liar so who knows what really happened on her part! Now for everyone who can't read the posts on gun laws and posts clearly stating our rights for self defense. How about putting yourself in Jeffery's shoes, methed out crazed man coming at you, your 2 yr old and her mother with a loaded gun pointing at them getting ready to pull the trigger to kill 3 people. I would have done the same thing Jeffery done for self defense and to protect his 2 yr old and her mother. Yeah, it took 3 shots to stop this methed out man. Jeffery could have unloaded the clip on him but didn't!
Undercover Peace keeper

Burnsville, NC

#109 Mar 17, 2014
reality check wrote:
presnell had already done jail time for beating a guy with a baseball bat. he pulled a gun and threatened to kill the guy with his child present. sorry for the guys family but you have to assume that he meant what he said and defend yourself
Sorry but you got ya facts wrong Kenneth NEVER done time for beating someone with a baseball bat ...HE BROUGHT A B-BALL BAT TO A FIGHT BUT KEN DID NOT HAVE TO USE IT HE HAS WON MANY TOUGH MAN CONTESTS KENNETH COULD EASILY KILL A MAN W/ HIS HANDS HE DIDN'T NEED A WEAPON & DREW RUSSEL BEAT KEN W/ A GOLF CLUB BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WOULD GET HIS ASS WHOOPED AND DREW WILL TELL YOU THAT. KENNETH NEVER BEAT ANYONE WITH A BAT HE HAD IT W/ HIM BUT NEVER USED IT SO GET YOUR "REALITY IN CHECK" KENNETH DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE ALL BECAUSE JEFFERY WAS A SCARED LIL BITCH END OF STORY. THAT IS OKAY THOUGH CAUSE JEFFERY WILL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE. HIS CHILD STILL HAS HER DAD.....FOR NOW.
Allen

Marion, NC

#110 Mar 17, 2014
This must be that genius brother of Ken who has already made threats on Jefferies life. Didnt you try to get a gun off of Jeffs family and then threaten him? Lol pure genius right there.
Yep

Concord, NC

#111 Mar 17, 2014
Undercover Peace keeper wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but you got ya facts wrong Kenneth NEVER done time for beating someone with a baseball bat ...HE BROUGHT A B-BALL BAT TO A FIGHT BUT KEN DID NOT HAVE TO USE IT HE HAS WON MANY TOUGH MAN CONTESTS KENNETH COULD EASILY KILL A MAN W/ HIS HANDS HE DIDN'T NEED A WEAPON & DREW RUSSEL BEAT KEN W/ A GOLF CLUB BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WOULD GET HIS ASS WHOOPED AND DREW WILL TELL YOU THAT. KENNETH NEVER BEAT ANYONE WITH A BAT HE HAD IT W/ HIM BUT NEVER USED IT SO GET YOUR "REALITY IN CHECK" KENNETH DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE ALL BECAUSE JEFFERY WAS A SCARED LIL BITCH END OF STORY. THAT IS OKAY THOUGH CAUSE JEFFERY WILL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE. HIS CHILD STILL HAS HER DAD.....FOR NOW.
How about getting the facts right and the truth to Kenneth's death before u go and threaten Someones life ok? That's an aweful thing to say about a man who saved three life's don't ya think? Scared lil bitch, really? Why u hidin behind a fake name trying to call a man that when everyone knows Kenneth was methed out, had a loaded gun pointed at a man and his family? What the hell is wrong with people these days like you undercover peace keeper? Wrong name to be threatening an innocent mans life who used SELF DEFENSE to protect his life, his 2 yr olds life and her mother. Jeffery didn't even know Kenneth. Truth is, drugs killed kenneth, nothing more.
Kerosene Drinker

Burnsville, NC

#112 Mar 17, 2014
"Yeah you are clueless", now that the real facts are in how do you backup your rants?

If this "Kenneth" or any other person threaten your life in front of your family/friends, would you "stand your ground" or be placed 6' under?

Have you a spine or would you just bend over?

Believe what you will, but most everyone here very much disagrees with you.

Why? Hopefully you can answer that on you own in time.
You are clueless

Marion, NC

#113 Mar 18, 2014
Kerosene Drinker wrote:
"Yeah you are clueless", now that the real facts are in how do you backup your rants?
If this "Kenneth" or any other person threaten your life in front of your family/friends, would you "stand your ground" or be placed 6' under?
Have you a spine or would you just bend over?
Believe what you will, but most everyone here very much disagrees with you.
Why? Hopefully you can answer that on you own in time.
Well......let's see...I sure as hell wouldn't be dragging my kid out that late to meet somebody who may or may not be a loose cannon. It doesn't take a genius to be smart and use common sense which isn't common enough and do this exchange in the daytime....say I don't know...at the Sherriffs Office ? Then I'd had out with people that rob houses of people that actually work for a living. All people involved are lowlifes. That's my point. Glad I can clear it up for you. One isn't better than the other they all were lacking in good judgement. Could have avoided altogether. Dumbass.
You are clueless

Marion, NC

#114 Mar 18, 2014
Taking somebody's life should be last resort. So yeah you try and break in my house with my family here there's gonna be a problem. You can't pick a fight then shoot someone.
You are clueless

Marion, NC

#115 Mar 18, 2014
Oh FYI I don't know either of these people but the females name was in the news for breaking into houses. So these people are scum all of them. I don't hangout with meth heads or people who commit robbery. Sounds like some real intelligent people. We all answer for what we do ultimately. Kerosene Drinker.
Truth

Marion, NC

#116 Mar 18, 2014
Do any of you really know Jeffery?? I do! I know he would never harm a soul without being provoked! That being said, a gun would have to be pointed at his 2 year old daughter. NOT HIM!! So for the record, Kenneth showed up at the car wash with Brit, had the gun in his lap. He made the choice to exit his car, run toward Jeff's truck with the gun pointing at him yelling, he was going to kill him. There was no escape! A little 2 year old girl was standing in his seat. He had no choice but to protect her. I stress HER!! A innocent little girl hearing a drug crazed man running at them with a gun threatening HER life.
Since we are bringing up kids in the conservation, where were kens children?? Why was he not in some rehab facility getting off the meth, pills he was snorting, and the alcohol he was drinking prior to RIDING in the passenger seat of his vehicle to the store?? Because he was to high and/or drunk to drive!!
Last but not least, beat a man with a bat over 20.00?? Beat your wife for years? Overdose many times resulting in a 911 calls at the least, once a month?? Threaten to kill people on a daily bases??
Where was his wife and kids while he was out drugging, pointing guns, threatening lives with a known "easy meth head?"
You are stupid

Marion, NC

#117 Mar 18, 2014
Truth wrote:
Do any of you really know Jeffery?? I do! I know he would never harm a soul without being provoked! That being said, a gun would have to be pointed at his 2 year old daughter. NOT HIM!! So for the record, Kenneth showed up at the car wash with Brit, had the gun in his lap. He made the choice to exit his car, run toward Jeff's truck with the gun pointing at him yelling, he was going to kill him. There was no escape! A little 2 year old girl was standing in his seat. He had no choice but to protect her. I stress HER!! A innocent little girl hearing a drug crazed man running at them with a gun threatening HER life.
Since we are bringing up kids in the conservation, where were kens children?? Why was he not in some rehab facility getting off the meth, pills he was snorting, and the alcohol he was drinking prior to RIDING in the passenger seat of his vehicle to the store?? Because he was to high and/or drunk to drive!!
Last but not least, beat a man with a bat over 20.00?? Beat your wife for years? Overdose many times resulting in a 911 calls at the least, once a month?? Threaten to kill people on a daily bases??
Where was his wife and kids while he was out drugging, pointing guns, threatening lives with a known "easy meth head?"
You can make a really bad decision and royally screw your life up. The point is ALL of the women involved have been in trouble with law enforcement. They have had their names in the paper. So if Jeff is this wonderful person then why was he hanging out with thieves and meth heads? Why was his child out late around a known meth heads and thieves. Most of us read the newspaper and it doesn't make any sense. I would suggest stop trying to paint your buddy as mr. Wonderful. Serious lack of good common sense.
Truth

Marion, NC

#118 Mar 18, 2014
Continue to read the news paper! Half information and half truths! If you knew what, if anything, you would know why he was with one them. The little girls mother. Furthermore, he has never and will never know meg or Brit. Yes a really bad decision can ruin your life! Sometimes end your life and destroy families for ever!!
You are correct, all of the women and ken were involved with law enforcement!! Common sense and remember its in the mcdowell news!! Read everyone's criminal record!! That my buddy is common sense!!
You are clueless

Marion, NC

#119 Mar 18, 2014
Truth wrote:
Continue to read the news paper! Half information and half truths! If you knew what, if anything, you would know why he was with one them. The little girls mother. Furthermore, he has never and will never know meg or Brit. Yes a really bad decision can ruin your life! Sometimes end your life and destroy families for ever!!
You are correct, all of the women and ken were involved with law enforcement!! Common sense and remember its in the mcdowell news!! Read everyone's criminal record!! That my buddy is common sense!!
Your comment makes zero sense . Bottom line most good parents would never,ever have their children around people like this or out late in a precarious situation . So it's all lies? The news is all made up? So ummm..., yeah most of the people involved have been arrested and charged with crimes. Teigan Hollifield name was just in the news for breaking into houses. Not her fault ? Not true right ? Right. I'm sure the people involved were made to do meth/commit robberies? You should have just let this thread die because you aren't doing you friend any favors. You are right about one thing we do have some really dumb people in this county. Like all involved in this sad situation that have children. I'm sure they are wonderful parents though.
Truth

Marion, NC

#120 Mar 18, 2014
First of all, Jeffery has never done drugs! Never been arrested or charged with anything other than traffic violation! He'll we all have a speeding ticket. He would never put his daughter in a dangerous situation. In fact and I mean fact! That night he was forced by a drugged and drunken man to protect him and enforce his stand your ground law. Yes Teigan hollifield has been in the paper. But for robbing houses?? Once again, half truths and half information in the mcdowell news. As far as your comment about forcing people to use drugs!! In this town it's not force. It's ignorance!! It kills!!
As far as your comment about children being home early, you don't know the situation they were in. I hope with your judgemental attitude and selfish comment, you never get into a situation that you have no knowledge of and sure as hell don't expect to have your life or theirs threatened. That's what happened to Jeffery. So go read your mcdowell half info half truth paper and live your perfect life!!
Wow

Jonesville, SC

#122 Mar 18, 2014
I knew both kenneth an Jeffery and if you believe half that crap out of your mouth your an idiot. Jeffery knew what he was doing by going there. Kenneth has never shot anybody EVER never even used a weapon in a fight(he may of had one). Everybody is talking bad about kenneth having a gun well.. shocker here but apparently Jeffery was riding around with one too. Just because your scared of confrontation doesn't give you the right to kill anyone. If everyone here believes all this crap unfortantually there will be awhile more ppl believing this an more incidents like it. I just hope it's not one of your friends or family that approaches a scared man with a gun an they get shot 3 times as well( which is serious overkill of self defense )

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hwy 70 E wreck 1 hr worried mom 5
bag ho nebo 1 hr lilbigin 1
Murn...Grass and Grass 1 hr Clinchfield OG 1
Obama admits he eats Dog Meat. 4 hr Troll of the Inte... 7
Texas Pizza, Marion NC (Oct '11) 6 hr HA HA 213
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 hr Red Square 59,694
DailyDouchebag new site for dumb gay racists 7 hr Absconder of inte... 2
•••
•••
•••

Marion Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Marion News, Events & Info