First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Joblo

United States

#63 Nov 7, 2013
Fix it Felix wrote:
<quoted text> Ok if what you say is true(which I'm still skeptical) why would they still do shows to fulfill obligations? The way you are making it sound is that it's a done deal. Plus Mark doesn't own it Scott Price does Mark was just managing it. So know what? I mean nothing you say adds up. Plus the whole yeah I'm going to put a whole lot of money into a building I'm never going to own that I'm just leasing makes NO sense. I'm not arguing with the fact that people do it. What I'm saying is that people that do make those kind of financial decisions aren't very bright.
ok first I apologize for for the way the first post was worded. But this is actually a good example as to why people don't buy buildings. Think about it like this. The bar and restaurant business has such a high failure rate. It's probably one of the toughest businesses to succeed in. So if you purchase a building like that and it don't work out you're stuck with the building. And it may or may not sell but you're still going to have to pay for it regardless. If you lease it and it don't work you walk away. You take your loss but you're out.
Fix it Felix

Asheville, NC

#64 Nov 7, 2013
Joblo wrote:
<quoted text>ok first I apologize for for the way the first post was worded. But this is actually a good example as to why people don't buy buildings. Think about it like this. The bar and restaurant business has such a high failure rate. It's probably one of the toughest businesses to succeed in. So if you purchase a building like that and it don't work out you're stuck with the building. And it may or may not sell but you're still going to have to pay for it regardless. If you lease it and it don't work you walk away. You take your loss but you're out.
Ok I get what you are saying. Never thought of it that way. As cliche as it sounds I guess you learn something everyday.
Leon Lickit

Patrick, SC

#65 Nov 7, 2013
Fix it Felix wrote:
<quoted text> Ok if what you say is true(which I'm still skeptical) why would they still do shows to fulfill obligations? The way you are making it sound is that it's a done deal. Plus Mark doesn't own it Scott Price does Mark was just managing it. So know what? I mean nothing you say adds up. Plus the whole yeah I'm going to put a whole lot of money into a building I'm never going to own that I'm just leasing makes NO sense. I'm not arguing with the fact that people do it. What I'm saying is that people that do make those kind of financial decisions aren't very bright.
There is money owed for rent that has yet to be paid to the building owner . If the scheduled events happen it will be to cover the rent due to the owner of the building that should have been paid on a monthly basis.
mooseknuckle

Candler, NC

#66 Nov 17, 2013
Wow......used to frequent After 5 for their great food selection, went recently after ownership changed and it was awful. Maybe having decent food was too much of a financial burden for the previous owners?? Sure would've been nice if the old menu had carried over, I'd advise using it as a watering hole solely until they "get" it.
investor

Asheville, NC

#67 Nov 17, 2013
Leon Lickit wrote:
<quoted text>
There is money owed for rent that has yet to be paid to the building owner . If the scheduled events happen it will be to cover the rent due to the owner of the building that should have been paid on a monthly basis.
Who owns the building?
jewel

Summerville, SC

#68 Nov 21, 2013
So....what the f*** does this have to do with After 5???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNC sees unease over corporal punishment (Apr '08) 15 hr Perv Hid In Lift 207
Tubing? Kayaking? Sun house arrest 6
Legend Deon Pressley Sun r0b1nh00d 12
Does anyone know if Russell Neighbors is still ... Sun r0b1nh00d 11
Greg Parker.... Sun Only in Marion 2
Night life? Fun events? Sun Restless 1
Counterfeit Bust Sun No sympathy 1

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages