Francis Marion

Marion, NC

#43 Nov 5, 2013
Willey wrote:
The Swamp Fox is full of gays! Every time I have been there I see gay guys kissing!
Don't have to worry about that any longer. Seems that Throwdown Jones went to pick up their equipment today and the owner of the building was changing locks... Told TDJ they would have 2 hours tomorrow to get their things. Guess it doesn't pay to pick a fight with the town, huh?
Joblo

United States

#44 Nov 6, 2013
The food is definantly suffering. Still my favorite place I just don't eat there anymore. Basic fried food. Needs attention
Fix it Felix

Asheville, NC

#45 Nov 6, 2013
Francis Marion wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't have to worry about that any longer. Seems that Throwdown Jones went to pick up their equipment today and the owner of the building was changing locks... Told TDJ they would have 2 hours tomorrow to get their things. Guess it doesn't pay to pick a fight with the town, huh?
Really? Is this really true or is this a pathetic attempt at publicity? Seems like bs.
Francis Marion

Marion, NC

#46 Nov 6, 2013
Fix it Felix wrote:
<quoted text> Really? Is this really true or is this a pathetic attempt at publicity? Seems like bs.
Nope. It has folded.
sassy

Burnsville, NC

#47 Nov 6, 2013
support local economy...try bar 20 in old fort...now that's fun!!!
Fix it Felix

Asheville, NC

#48 Nov 6, 2013
Francis Marion wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It has folded.
What exactly does folded mean? Why is there still shows being advertised then?
Francis Marion

Marion, NC

#49 Nov 7, 2013
Fix it Felix wrote:
<quoted text> What exactly does folded mean? Why is there still shows being advertised then?
Gone. Try to get in. Mark can't even get in. Property owner changed the locks.
Fix it Felix

Asheville, NC

#50 Nov 7, 2013
Francis Marion wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try. He owns the building. So how can someone change the locks if you own the building ? If I'm wrong then correct me. Who owns the building? I'm pretty sure Mark does.
Fix it Felix

Asheville, NC

#51 Nov 7, 2013
Francis Marion wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus you guys are supposed to be friends. Why are you enjoying this so much? ;)
Fix it Felix

Asheville, NC

#52 Nov 7, 2013
[QUOTE Guess it doesn't pay to pick a fight with the town, huh?[/QUOTE] Lets not point the finger at the town. It's nobodies fault but your own.
Francis Marion

Marion, NC

#53 Nov 7, 2013
Fix it Felix wrote:
<quoted text> Nice try. He owns the building. So how can someone change the locks if you own the building ? If I'm wrong then correct me. Who owns the building? I'm pretty sure Mark does.
Tom.
Fix it Felix

Asheville, NC

#54 Nov 7, 2013
Francis Marion wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom.
What? You mean all that work on the inside was done on a building they didn't own?? That's really dumb. No wonder it ended up failing.
Joblo

Greenville, SC

#55 Nov 7, 2013
Fix it Felix wrote:
<quoted text> What? You mean all that work on the inside was done on a building they didn't own?? That's really dumb. No wonder it ended up failing.
dude you're really dumb. People lease and renovate buildings all the time they don't own. Where have you been?
Fix it Felix

Asheville, NC

#56 Nov 7, 2013
Joblo wrote:
<quoted text>dude you're really dumb. People lease and renovate buildings all the time they don't own. Where have you been?
No ,they don't that wouldn't make any sense. That would be like leasing a car and getting all kinds of extras put on it ( sound system, lift kit/nice wheels,tint the windows etc) when you have to turn it back in because you don't own it. So your business failed after dropping all the money into a place you didn't own. At least if you owned the place you might be able to make some of your money back by selling it or leasing it. Poor judgement "dude." Think what you like it's not going to change your situation.
Joblo

United States

#57 Nov 7, 2013
Fix it Felix wrote:
<quoted text> No ,they don't that wouldn't make any sense. That would be like leasing a car and getting all kinds of extras put on it ( sound system, lift kit/nice wheels,tint the windows etc) when you have to turn it back in because you don't own it. So your business failed after dropping all the money into a place you didn't own. At least if you owned the place you might be able to make some of your money back by selling it or leasing it. Poor judgement "dude." Think what you like it's not going to change your situation.
so it would be fair to say that you believe all those people who opened a business at the new shopping center own the buildings they're in?
Fix it Felix

Asheville, NC

#58 Nov 7, 2013
Joblo wrote:
<quoted text>so it would be fair to say that you believe all those people who opened a business at the new shopping center own the buildings they're in?
That's all you came up with? It's not the same thing and you know it. Those small spaces are pretty simple and all the work that was done at the Swamp/Fight Factory etc was totally different and more elaborate. I don't know why you are playing dumb like you can't honestly say there was a lot of time and money put into that place. Way more than a small shop in a shopping center. I was suprised all the work was done on a leased building. Why this rubs you the wrong way is beyond me. If you are embarrassed it's not my fault but next I'd make sure I bought the building at least you'd have a chance to make some of your money back. It's common sense. I'm sure the guy that actually owns the building will have no problem leasing it to someone else. If that's true that it's closed I'm still on the fence about believing its closing because the fundraiser for the Titans hasn't been canceled and there are still events posted. So until you can prove otherwise you should be quiet.
Francis Marion

Marion, NC

#59 Nov 7, 2013
Fix it Felix wrote:
<quoted text> That's all you came up with? It's not the same thing and you know it. Those small spaces are pretty simple and all the work that was done at the Swamp/Fight Factory etc was totally different and more elaborate. I don't know why you are playing dumb like you can't honestly say there was a lot of time and money put into that place. Way more than a small shop in a shopping center. I was suprised all the work was done on a leased building. Why this rubs you the wrong way is beyond me. If you are embarrassed it's not my fault but next I'd make sure I bought the building at least you'd have a chance to make some of your money back. It's common sense. I'm sure the guy that actually owns the building will have no problem leasing it to someone else. If that's true that it's closed I'm still on the fence about believing its closing because the fundraiser for the Titans hasn't been canceled and there are still events posted. So until you can prove otherwise you should be quiet.
Believe what you may. It is done. Tom Cline owned and still owns the building. If you go there this weekend I'll buy a round for the whole bar! Guess when you do not pay the rent, you end up outside, watching the building owner change the locks, crying..
Leon Lickit

United States

#60 Nov 7, 2013
Number 1.Oh I can promise it is closing. New buyers ( for the business/ equipment etc.)are looking at it for now and there will be a few more shows to come to fulfill prior obligations made by Mark . So if the business reopens after these shows it will be under new ownership and mgmt. Number 2: Tom and Ralph who own NAPA have always owned the building and still do. Mark doesn't own shit, not even the toilet paper in the bathroom stalls! Number 3: People who lease buildings make all kinds of renovations and remodeling all the time without any ownership in the building their business resides in.
Fix it Felix

Asheville, NC

#61 Nov 7, 2013
Leon Lickit wrote:
Number 1.Oh I can promise it is closing. New buyers ( for the business/ equipment etc.)are looking at it for now and there will be a few more shows to come to fulfill prior obligations made by Mark . So if the business reopens after these shows it will be under new ownership and mgmt. Number 2: Tom and Ralph who own NAPA have always owned the building and still do. Mark doesn't own shit, not even the toilet paper in the bathroom stalls! Number 3: People who lease buildings make all kinds of renovations and remodeling all the time without any ownership in the building their business resides in.
Ok if what you say is true(which I'm still skeptical) why would they still do shows to fulfill obligations? The way you are making it sound is that it's a done deal. Plus Mark doesn't own it Scott Price does Mark was just managing it. So know what? I mean nothing you say adds up. Plus the whole yeah I'm going to put a whole lot of money into a building I'm never going to own that I'm just leasing makes NO sense. I'm not arguing with the fact that people do it. What I'm saying is that people that do make those kind of financial decisions aren't very bright.
eightball

Asheville, NC

#62 Nov 7, 2013
Fix it Felix wrote:
<quoted text>Ok if what you say is true(which I'm still skeptical) why would they still do shows to fulfill obligations? The way you are making it sound is that it's a done deal. Plus Mark doesn't own it Scott Price does Mark was just managing it. So know what? I mean nothing you say adds up. Plus the whole yeah I'm going to put a whole lot of money into a building I'm never going to own that I'm just leasing makes NO sense. I'm not arguing with the fact that people do it. What I'm saying is that people that do make those kind of financial decisions aren't very bright.
Most people in large cities rent or lease and absolutely do renovate to their own liking and what's right for their business. The building owner doesn't care of it stills looks like a Winn Dixie, but the (bar) business owner isn't going to slap some chairs in the middle of the old bread aisle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David DJ Cash (Mar '15) 1 hr Mom 6
Krystal Murphy 1 hr Mike 6
Baxters 19 hr Lmao 28
Justice for Chris English Thank god R.I.P 20 hr Tammy H 7
Meth Heads Sat Just Saying 55
cleanup underway Sat frank 2
Where is cherish gilliand? (Nov '13) Sat the hood 101

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance