Driver in teen crash goes to prison

Driver in teen crash goes to prison

Posted in the Marion Forum

Marion

Asheville, NC

#1 Aug 4, 2013
http://www.mcdowellnews.com/news/crime/articl...

In connection with the November wreck, Taylor Lewis Townsend, 20, of Moffitt Hill, Old Fort, pleaded guilty to two counts of level one driving while impaired causing serious physical injury.
For the first count, he will serve 16 to 29-months in prison. He must pay court costs and a $500 fine.
For the second count, he will serve 16 to 29-monts in prison, consecutive to the first judgment. He must pay court costs and a fine of $500.
At 3:06 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 29, Townsend was driving a 2008 Honda Civic east on Nix Creek Road at a high rate of speed, when he ran off the right side of the pavement, came back onto the road, skidded off the left side and struck a road sign and a tree, according to Trooper R.W. Monosso of the N.C. Highway Patrol.
A witness at the scene of the crash said the car went airborne as it crossed the railroad tracks in front of GEM Constructors and before it slammed into the tree.
Townsend and his five passengers were taken to Memorial Mission Hospital in Asheville, four of them by helicopter.
Townsend was treated and released, but all of his passengers – 19-year-old Aaron Edwards, of Searcy Road in Marion; 19-year-old Brandon Stackable, of Haywood Drive in Marion; 18-year-old Jeffrey Morrow, of Quail Ridge Road in Marion; 16-year-old Amber Benge, of U.S. 221 in Marion; and 18-year-old Anthony Tyler Poole, of Lucky Street in Marion – were seriously injured.
Duh

Marion, NC

#2 Aug 4, 2013
I can see this kid getting prison time for causing injury to so many kids. What I do not see is how the Cross kid got a slap on the wrist for killing someone?? Who in the hell determines the value of people in this county? This DA office is a joke.
Mommie

Greer, SC

#3 Aug 4, 2013
Duh wrote:
I can see this kid getting prison time for causing injury to so many kids. What I do not see is how the Cross kid got a slap on the wrist for killing someone?? Who in the hell determines the value of people in this county? This DA office is a joke.
It's all about mommie and daddie and who they are! That cross boy still has his drivers license!
Kids will be Kids

Raleigh, NC

#4 Aug 5, 2013
Marion wrote:
In connection with the November wreck, Taylor Lewis Townsend, 20, of Moffitt Hill, Old Fort, pleaded guilty to two counts of level one driving while impaired causing serious physical injury.
For the first count, he will serve 16 to 29-months in prison. He must pay court costs and a $500 fine.
For the second count, he will serve 16 to 29-monts in prison, consecutive to the first judgment. He must pay court costs and a fine of $500.
But did anything happen to the person who supplied the alcohol?
Rita

Franklin, NC

#5 Aug 5, 2013
Of course not!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sick of the hate (Mar '12) 51 min Bam2001 3
haunted places in marion (Aug '12) 8 hr Marion 68
Last name Frady 8 hr BigT 10
Diamond theives or kudzu tattoo? (Sep '13) 8 hr kyliemarie9 27
Tice Randolph (Nov '12) 10 hr Destiny 24
DIAMOND dALTON 12 hr Kay 10
Tyler Wilson 19 hr F--kin joke 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages