wreck on nickscreek today
JustSoYouKnow

United States

#67 Nov 30, 2012
ens do stupid stuff daily. Adults do stupid stuff daily. Just because your stupidity wasn't driving drunk doesn't make them any less or anymore than your mistakes. You cant put a legal age on drinking because it doesn't matter what age you are its the maturity level. Most of the time people have to learn from there mistakes and sadly sometimes there are severe consequences, not even the repeating offender that deserves to have their name bashed they need help and the state should offer them help. You all should be praying or telling the state to up their standards. Teens go off and do things for a reason, and its time to listen. Parents should not just be friends with their children, they need to step up and be a parent.
Casey

Charlotte, NC

#68 Nov 30, 2012
There are some really cold hearted ass holes on this site! Ya we get it they could of taken an innocent persons life but guess wat they didn't! These kids are laying in hospital beds an yal don't have any respect an wanna talk shit. An God does make miracles happen maybe this was his way to open young peoples eyes to not to drink an drive. It sucks it had to come down to this but its a hard lesson learned. I love u guys!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#69 Nov 30, 2012
JustSoYouKnow wrote:
ens do stupid stuff daily. Adults do stupid stuff daily. Just because your stupidity wasn't driving drunk doesn't make them any less or anymore than your mistakes. You cant put a legal age on drinking because it doesn't matter what age you are its the maturity level. Most of the time people have to learn from there mistakes and sadly sometimes there are severe consequences, not even the repeating offender that deserves to have their name bashed they need help and the state should offer them help. You all should be praying or telling the state to up their standards. Teens go off and do things for a reason, and its time to listen. Parents should not just be friends with their children, they need to step up and be a parent.
Are you retarded? So as an adult if I make a mistake by turning down the wrong street, that's the same as a drunk teen and his friends piling into a car and getting into a wreck? Drinking alcohol is a maturity thing huh? Was the one driving drunk mature enough? I'm willing to bet not!!
SleepInTheBedYou Make

Greenwood, SC

#70 Nov 30, 2012
These boys are all the same been doing this ignorant stuff sense junior high they have skated by for this long an finally they dont get away with it their not babies their adults don't feel sorry for them pity them they should have been on school or at work not bein reported in for drunk driving at 9AM its pita ful one is just as guilty as the next seems in my opinion and many others righteous justice has been served no pity for people who drink and drive nothing good can come of it #FACT

Location hidden

#71 Nov 30, 2012
Casey wrote:
There are some really cold hearted ass holes on this site! Ya we get it they could of taken an innocent persons life but guess wat they didn't! These kids are laying in hospital beds an yal don't have any respect an wanna talk shit. An God does make miracles happen maybe this was his way to open young peoples eyes to not to drink an drive. It sucks it had to come down to this but its a hard lesson learned. I love u guys!!
Kids are paralyzed so yes innocent lives WERE taken! Yes God performed a miracle by letting this happen to teach people a lesson. This WASN'T a miracle, it's called free will!
SleepInTheBedYou Make

Greenwood, SC

#72 Nov 30, 2012
Agreed ^

Since: Nov 12

Clover, SC

#73 Nov 30, 2012
I hope the best for all of the involved but I am mainly concerned about Brandon whom I was the closest to. He's such a great person inside and out and I hope God takes care of him. I love ya Brandon, you're in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I'm always here for you no matter what!
Lame

Portland, TX

#74 Nov 30, 2012
I grew up with alot of these boys, played ball, went to school... And did things that could have resulted in something bad... Like this. It just happened to happen this time. I'm praying for all of them, but what I can't understand, if law enforcement was getting reports of the vehicle driving recklessly all day, why couldn't they stop the vehicle? You mean to tell me that out of 6 hours in the day, not one officer of a department saw the vehicle? Law enforcement should of been on their toes. They always seem to be when I'm out of line...
Sierra

Charlotte, NC

#75 Nov 30, 2012
Are you people serious? How does anyone on here have the right to judge any of these people. I went to school with all of them except Amber and none of them were the type of kids everyone is making them out to be. Yes they made a mistake but Taylor isn't any more to blame then the rest of them are. They all decided to get in the car with him they knew he was drinking and they got the alcohol from one of there parents. My dads company is the one that got the car. The ATF came got the bottle and cell phones out of the car last night. I've seen the car in person i know exactly how bad it is. Taylor has been there to look at it and for everyone to try and put all the blame on him is ridiculous. Everyone of those boys have been friends for years he didn't mean for this to happen he didn't want to hurt his best friends it was an accident and yes it could have been avoided because drinking and driving is a terrible thing to do. I bet some of you on here talking so badly about taylor, aaron. Tyler, brandon, jeffrey and amber have drove drunk or been in a vehicle with someone drinking only you didn't get caught or wreck. The point is your negative comments are unnecessary you yourself need to grow up the kids and there families are the ones have to deal with this not you.
love to know

Asheville, NC

#76 Nov 30, 2012
if this was reported in for drunk driving at 9AM it dont say much for the marion cops its not like marion is a BIG town
Lame

Portland, TX

#77 Nov 30, 2012
That's exactly what I'm saying. This kinda thing goes on all the time with kids here.... So many get away without punishment, unfortunately these kids didn't. Their are 3 departments that patrol, Marion police in the city, sheriffs patrol city and county, and we have troopers patrolling both also. I don't understand why the car was not stopped before the wreck occurred. You can't tell me an officer didn't see that car all day.

Location hidden

#78 Nov 30, 2012
Lame wrote:
That's exactly what I'm saying. This kinda thing goes on all the time with kids here.... So many get away without punishment, unfortunately these kids didn't. Their are 3 departments that patrol, Marion police in the city, sheriffs patrol city and county, and we have troopers patrolling both also. I don't understand why the car was not stopped before the wreck occurred. You can't tell me an officer didn't see that car all day.
You blame the Marion PD but not the one who supplied those kids with alcohol. Are you a disgruntled cop who hates their job? Got a gripe with the PD? Which is it?
Lame

Portland, TX

#79 Nov 30, 2012
Last Screenname Left wrote:
<quoted text>
You blame the Marion PD but not the one who supplied those kids with alcohol. Are you a disgruntled cop who hates their job? Got a gripe with the PD? Which is it?
Actually, I'm 19, these were my friends, I'm not a cop, but I do have a gripe with law enforcement in this case. And yes it is the supplier of alcohol fault also. It's so easy for kids to get alcohol these days, if parents don't buy it, someone will. Some stores will sell it to minors. I never said it wasn't the suppliers fault. So ease up.

“I am Cooper.”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#80 Nov 30, 2012
Lame wrote:
Just because an officer sees a car doesn't mean they are going to pull them? Did you ever think that even though these kids were drunk they were not exercising extreme stupidity in front of a cop?

They were on a back road fooling around it looks like, not a *lot* of coverage out there.
Dumbocrats

Barnardsville, NC

#81 Nov 30, 2012
Just another useless drain on the taxpaying citizens They will be on wealfare the rest of their lives. The Socialst Liberal parents who raised them are to blame. There idiots who voted for Obummer and allowed alcohol in our county caused this. Wake up, America. More pigs at the trough of the public teat.
haha

Charlotte, NC

#82 Nov 30, 2012
Dumbocrats wrote:
Just another useless drain on the taxpaying citizens They will be on wealfare the rest of their lives. The Socialst Liberal parents who raised them are to blame. There idiots who voted for Obummer and allowed alcohol in our county caused this. Wake up, America. More pigs at the trough of the public teat.
You are mentally retarded, these boys will out work any man on this site, a normal person would have never made it out of the car alive. These boys are tough as nails and i promise the womt be livin off welfare like you, and these boys would NEVER vote for that monkey in the WHITE house
Jerry Wilsom

Asheville, NC

#83 Nov 30, 2012
I thank a few people on this post need to learn a thang or six about casting stones at people... But since they got brave font behind a fake name I guess tells the tell.... Have some respect people... Its not that ur a rude gutless asshole making stoopid remarks under stoopid names.... Its that you are what you are and id hide to.... These kids will recover...... which iza lot more than you can say..... God Bless these kids....
Really

Little Switzerland, NC

#84 Dec 1, 2012
Dumbocrats wrote:
I hate to say it, but- I agree with you on this point. However, you said in another Topix post that you have an education, but you do not know how to use there, their and they're...
michelle andrews

United States

#85 Dec 1, 2012
This is all I have to say.. everyone on here are putting these 18 and 19 year old down. Yes they made a very bad decision but my point is how many of you so called adults go to the vortex swamp fox or any other bar n grill in Marion or for that matter to a friends house to hang out and drink a beer or a shot. The ones of u that have is at least 21 and y'all make the decision to get in your car and drive don't you. You don't get pulled over by the cops. It pisses me off to see grown up putting these KIDS down cause they did this or that. Yes whoever let them leave their house after giving them alcohol should be held accountable. But these kids needs prayers right now not bashings.
NotAll

Corydon, IN

#86 Dec 1, 2012
And not all of them were drinking! And I seen it as Jeffery showing he's still in good spirits when he updated his facebook status. These kids need prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Johnson's 1 hr nurse 2
Meth Heads 6 hr Sick of u plp 26
bobby patton (May '12) 7 hr Hahastumptown 7
Kids 7 hr Huey 13
Hunk Stephen Epley 7 hr Huey 7
Sex at westrock (Mar '16) 12 hr downtown 24
Danielle Stevenson 23 hr Bowlroller 3

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance