Mike Thompson for Sheriff

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
livermushhead

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Nov 11, 2009
I think Mike would make a good canditate but he associates himself with some iffy folks " the rich, he is a former commissioner, highway patrolman too much baggage" go with Rick Smith, Honest, Hard Working, Educated, and no damn hidden agendas! and not connected in no way to the county manager!!!!!! A great guy for the job! Vote Rick Smith Sheriff!!!!!!! the people that will be against Rick have hidden agendas just wait and see who they are then they will expose themselves when the election starts!
livermushhead

United States

#2 Nov 11, 2009
I say let's all vote for me, livermushead!
livermushhead

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Nov 11, 2009
NO NO lets vote for Gary Jensen after all he did invest 1 million dollars into downtown Marion! Didnt he??? OH he LIED!?!
chickenliver

United States

#4 Nov 11, 2009
livermushhead wrote:
I think Mike would make a good canditate but he associates himself with some iffy folks " the rich, he is a former commissioner, highway patrolman too much baggage" go with Rick Smith, Honest, Hard Working, Educated, and no damn hidden agendas! and not connected in no way to the county manager!!!!!! A great guy for the job! Vote Rick Smith Sheriff!!!!!!! the people that will be against Rick have hidden agendas just wait and see who they are then they will expose themselves when the election starts!
i agree!!! hes got my vote! we need change, i just hope he dont get trapped in the web like alot of good guys do. rick is more like workin' class folk unlike... well... you know!!! hope he wins and does well!!!
Cop watcher

United States

#5 Nov 12, 2009
I have known Mike for years and he seems like a good stand-up man, however when he gets with his "friends" he is a different person. Mike will pack the pockets of those that help him and not think of the common folks. He has kissed his way up the patrol, into commisioner and up to Tom Johnson. He has looked the other way for certain people and persecuted some that didn't deserve it. He will be another "fox in the henhouse"!
I remember

United States

#6 Nov 13, 2009
Mike Thompson loves the power! For those of you who don't remember his term of County Commissioner, look up the facts. He never did anything but stir up trouble, everything was for himself, and the public voted him out. Ask yourself, why does he want this job of Sheriff? Only one reason. Power, power!
scotty willis

United States

#7 Nov 13, 2009
i am going to vote for mike he said he would make me a deputy.
if you ask me

United States

#8 Nov 13, 2009
Oh, Lord! Must we be bomblasted with MIKE THOMPSON another round?
Do any of you remember the arrogant, egotistical, badge heavy patrolman Mike Thompson was for all his years in McDowell County? Do you remember the constantly controversial and generally disruptive, "my way or the high way" County Commissioner for one short term? I fully agree with "i remember" on the Power, Power comment. He loves it. Look at his record:
Highway Patrolman,
he can Lord it over everyone, he's got the gun, remember? Power there? You bet!
County Commissioner:
He can make rules & policies for the rest of us to follow, whether we like it or not! Power there? Yep!
Truant Officer McDowell Schools: He can really get tough with kids and parents over their absences & guess what, they can't do a thing about it. Another Power trip!!
Now he wants to be our Sheriff. Lord help us all.
He'd have all his old buddies in uniform and those of us who've never crossed him would be safe/The rest of us would be in trouble from Day 1!
I know lots of his friends. I certainly don't trust them to serve & protect me.
Think about this hard before you vote folks. Mike Thompson would put us right back in the J Hubert Haynes & Harry Trinks "Good Ole Boy" era. That, we definitely don't need.
Cop watcher

United States

#9 Nov 13, 2009
if you ask me, you are exactly right. Marion would only regress there would be no progress with Mike. Mike Thompson only has sense enough to do what his leaders tell him. He was a follower on the Highway Patrol ( never even made sargent I believe) only followed the ones who put him in as commissioner, and was just a follower at Tom Johnson's. And only has his position with the schools now because of his "friends". Mike is and will always be just a "puppet".
I remember

United States

#10 Nov 13, 2009
if you ask me wrote:
Do any of you remember the arrogant, egotistical, badge heavy patrolman Mike Thompson was for all his years in McDowell County? Do you remember the constantly controversial and generally disruptive, "my way or the high way" County Commissioner for one short term? I fully agree with "i remember" on the Power, Power comment. He loves it. Look at his record:
Highway Patrolman,
County Commissioner:
He can make rules & policies for the rest of us to follow, whether we like it or not! Power there? Yep!
Truant Officer McDowell Schools: He can really get tough with kids and parents over their absences & guess what, they can't do a thing about it. Another Power trip!!
He'd have all his old buddies in uniform and those of us who've never crossed him would be safe/The rest of us would be in trouble from Day 1!
Think about this hard before you vote folks. Mike Thompson would put us right back in the J Hubert Haynes & Harry Trinks "Good Ole Boy" era. That, we definitely don't need.
You are exactly right,'if you ask me'. This county can't afford or stand for his heavy-handness as in his past. All he can do is "strut and threaten".
McDowell native 49

United States

#11 Nov 13, 2009
if you ask me wrote:
Highway Patrolman,
County Commissioner:
I'm asking you how do we need???
livermush head

Morganton, NC

#13 Nov 13, 2009
if you ask me wrote:
Highway Patrolman,
County Commissioner:
Nobody asked you

sinner

besides, i'm voting for danny castle sheriff
Green Machine

United States

#14 Nov 14, 2009
McDowell native 49 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm asking you how do we need???
I think Sheriff Green has done the best job.
livermush head

Candler, NC

#15 Nov 14, 2009
Danny Castle? Does he still have the Danny Castle's halfway house for girls who go all the way? sinner
City Employee

Lyman, SC

#16 Nov 15, 2009
Prime example of Mike Thompsonism,

he was president of local Fraternal of Police lodge and they couldn't even get him to show up at the monthly meetings after he was voted in....

turned out he just wanted that title to add to his resume' and once he got it did nothing, and wouldn't even show up to meetings....

thats pretty sorry.....
colormeblue

Prairie Du Chien, WI

#17 Nov 16, 2009
Green Machine wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Sheriff Green has done the best job.
Maybe you think holding community meetings makes you a good sheriff but I don't. Look at the daily police blotter in the McDowell News. Our county has a crime rate that is skyrocketing. Our mother's house was broken into and vandalized a while back and the sheriff's department acting like we were bothering them when we reported it and asked questions. They have never followed up with us since. Greene couldn't get elected for nothing in Avery county and he had to be appointed to his position in McDowell after Turner lied to his supporters in the last election,telling them he had no plans to retire if he was re-elected. I hope the Democrat will nominate a good solid candidate and send Dudley Greene back to the hills where he belongs.
City slicker

AOL

#18 Nov 16, 2009
Mike would make a good "muppet" maybe but that would be all.
Sheriff snoop

United States

#19 Nov 16, 2009
Mike Thompson left such a bad taste in the mouth's of McDowell County when he was a County Commissioner, that truly he ought to think of just hanging it up! There's just no job out there for "strutting and posturing". The title of "Caesar" is just not available anymore!
mcdowell taxpayer

Lyman, SC

#20 Nov 16, 2009
livermushhead wrote:
NO NO lets vote for Gary Jensen after all he did invest 1 million dollars into downtown Marion! Didnt he??? OH he LIED!?!
seriously the economy went south worse than ever just after he made that announcement; if the economy and particularly Marion could support it I think he would honor his promise... after all he and Bill Kehler did exactly what they said with Ivan's.

that's why NOTHING is coming to McDowell right now.... everything is closing down...

and I never see or hear that MEDA (McDowell Economic Developement Association) is doing anything to try and court or attract new businesses or make it easy on them to relocate here... instead the city and county make it hard on outsiders to come in and we lose out to a lot of things that would be positive....

instead they give incentives to someone like Rocco DiSanto who promises a facility would be built in the industrial park and of course it did not come yet he owns the land and got all the incentives and tax breaks for producing "NOTHING".... oh and his hired sales rep. in the area is Andrew (Andy) Webb our faithful servant as County Commissioner... can you say conflict of interest? and even though he recently tried to screw over the City of Marion on a proposal 10-20 times the going rate for Wireless Internet downtown and the city got wise and kicked him to the curb, he miraculously got the contract for the schools subcontracting out their fiber optic connections in McDowell County, and the contract to re-wire the high school and junior highs with computer wiring and wireless at like $2 Million dollars yet he has yet to employee anyone full-time in McDowell County but does manage to pay his sales rep Andy Webb who is running for the NC Senate now????? I scratch your back "with money" and you scratch mine...

“Distrust Elected Officials ”

Since: Apr 08

Rutherfordton

#21 Nov 16, 2009
So is he now running as a Democrat, Republican, Libritarian, Bull Moose or what? If I remember correctly, he has run for county office as both a Republican and a Democrat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legend Deon Pressley 6 min Ghostofghost 10
Bj Sanders 32..any information 4 hr Nasty 4
Janet Lewis 5 hr Jizer 5
kasey Wilson (Apr '14) 5 hr Jizer 5
Chowtime pizza 10 hr Ritzo Ratso 2
McDowell Youth Football (Oct '09) 20 hr mark walker 147
Does anyone know if Russell Neighbors is still ... Wed robin bood 7

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance