|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

Nice job, Shirley Killough.

State auditors have cited a Marion nonprofit for misusing $61,000 in grant funds, lying to get its grant and holding onto laptop computers that it should return.

State Auditor Beth Wood's office turned over to law enforcement officials its findings against Reggie Killough's Christ Team, a nonprofit that ran God's Country Free Clinics in Marion.
wonders

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

God's Country Thrift Store is one of the places McDowell County uses for Community Service. They get all that free help to use in their business. I wonder if the county will continue to let them have all this free help.
trashtalk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Sugar Hill Express wrote:
Nice job, Shirley Killough.
State auditors have cited a Marion nonprofit for misusing $61,000 in grant funds, lying to get its grant and holding onto laptop computers that it should return.
State Auditor Beth Wood's office turned over to law enforcement officials its findings against Reggie Killough's Christ Team, a nonprofit that ran God's Country Free Clinics in Marion.
Just so you know these are not people of Christ.These are religious
people.
wonders

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

I did not say they were people of CHRIST. I said McDowell County uses God's Country Thrift Store for people in Mcdowell County to do their community service.
Leave us alone

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Well, who is Shirley Killough?

Who is Reggie Killough?

Republican, I mean, Curiuos minds want to know.
Larry Dixon

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

accepting donations
wonders

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Leave us alone wrote:
Well, who is Shirley Killough?
Who is Reggie Killough?
Republican, I mean, Curiuos minds want to know.
They own God's Country Thrift Store in the Lady Marion Plaza. They have "Christ Team" an Evangalistic crusade type deal in Florida.

“I am Cooper.”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Judged:

If anyone is interested in the full and detailed report... here ya go ;)

http://www.ncauditor.net/EPSWeb/Reports/Inves...
St_JMB

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

This could get interesting. First: the State agency that issued the grant can pursue repayment of the misspent funds. Second: the Internal Revenue Service can revoke the non profit status retroactively to the date of the first misuse of funds.............. and then pursue the individual members of the Board of Directors for the back taxes, penalties and interest.
God

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2014

wonders wrote:
I did not say they were people of CHRIST. I said McDowell County uses God's Country Thrift Store for people in Mcdowell County to do their community service.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Gods child

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2014

They take advantage of good Christian people, my husband worked for them for about six months, about two months ago they fired him because he refuse to continued to work with out getting pay! Bob White who was working for them in Daytona Beach store! They own him $1500 and $2400 to the lady who manage their store, wondering how they can get away with this? Thisbe people work so hard and they get ripped off from Hippocrates like these people, Something need to be done! You need to investigate this!
Sally

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2014

Sounds like free help is really free after all. Kinda like slave labor?? People of god my butt.
Otis

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jun 28

They were getting free help from McDowell county as well. They ere sending people doing community service from the courts up there to do their bidding.
Gods child

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 21

trashtalk wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know these are not people of Christ.These are religious
people.
I think you are right about that, I say this because friend of mine who work with them at the Christ Team Super Thrift, all I a can say that this people uses Gods glory, they still in Gods name, they have two employee in Daytona Beach store that they let them go and did not pay them, one employees they owes over $1500 and the store manager over $4000! They told them we'll pay you when we have the money! There is going to be an action law suit against them! If they don't pay their employees!

Any recommendation ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Marion Forum right now

Search the Marion Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon Clontz (May '13) 1 hr KitKat 29
looking for a couple to hangout with 2 hr Ken 2
Stone Mountain Cult in Old Fort (Jul '13) 2 hr Ken 9
meth girls 2 hr who cares 6
List of Undercover police Vehicles, lets help e... (Mar '12) 3 hr just saying 29
bilo stores are ripping you off 3 hr Last Screenname Left 2
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 hr Red Square 55,815
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marion Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••