First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sugar Hill Express

Morganton, NC

#1 Jul 22, 2010
Nice job, Shirley Killough.

State auditors have cited a Marion nonprofit for misusing $61,000 in grant funds, lying to get its grant and holding onto laptop computers that it should return.

State Auditor Beth Wood's office turned over to law enforcement officials its findings against Reggie Killough's Christ Team, a nonprofit that ran God's Country Free Clinics in Marion.
wonders

Greer, SC

#2 Jul 23, 2010
God's Country Thrift Store is one of the places McDowell County uses for Community Service. They get all that free help to use in their business. I wonder if the county will continue to let them have all this free help.
trashtalk

United States

#3 Jul 23, 2010
Sugar Hill Express wrote:
State auditors have cited a Marion nonprofit for misusing $61,000 in grant funds, lying to get its grant and holding onto laptop computers that it should return.
State Auditor Beth Wood's office turned over to law enforcement officials its findings against Reggie Killough's Christ Team, a nonprofit that ran God's Country Free Clinics in Marion.
Just so you know these are not people of Christ.These are religious
people.
wonders

Greer, SC

#4 Jul 24, 2010
I did not say they were people of CHRIST. I said McDowell County uses God's Country Thrift Store for people in Mcdowell County to do their community service.
Leave us alone

Morganton, NC

#5 Jul 24, 2010
Well, who is Shirley Killough?

Who is Reggie Killough?

Republican, I mean, Curiuos minds want to know.
Larry Dixon

Lincolnton, NC

#6 Jul 24, 2010
accepting donations
wonders

Greer, SC

#7 Jul 24, 2010
Leave us alone wrote:
Who is Reggie Killough?
They own God's Country Thrift Store in the Lady Marion Plaza. They have "Christ Team" an Evangalistic crusade type deal in Florida.

“I am Cooper.”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#8 Jul 24, 2010
If anyone is interested in the full and detailed report... here ya go ;)

http://www.ncauditor.net/EPSWeb/Reports/Inves...
St_JMB

Morganton, NC

#9 Jul 24, 2010
This could get interesting. First: the State agency that issued the grant can pursue repayment of the misspent funds. Second: the Internal Revenue Service can revoke the non profit status retroactively to the date of the first misuse of funds.............. and then pursue the individual members of the Board of Directors for the back taxes, penalties and interest.
God

Daytona Beach, FL

#10 Jun 22, 2014
wonders wrote:
I did not say they were people of CHRIST. I said McDowell County uses God's Country Thrift Store for people in Mcdowell County to do their community service.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Gods child

Daytona Beach, FL

#11 Jun 22, 2014
They take advantage of good Christian people, my husband worked for them for about six months, about two months ago they fired him because he refuse to continued to work with out getting pay! Bob White who was working for them in Daytona Beach store! They own him $1500 and $2400 to the lady who manage their store, wondering how they can get away with this? Thisbe people work so hard and they get ripped off from Hippocrates like these people, Something need to be done! You need to investigate this!
Sally

United States

#12 Jun 23, 2014
Sounds like free help is really free after all. Kinda like slave labor?? People of god my butt.
Otis

Barnardsville, NC

#13 Jun 28, 2014
They were getting free help from McDowell county as well. They ere sending people doing community service from the courts up there to do their bidding.
Gods child

Daytona Beach, FL

#14 Jul 21, 2014
trashtalk wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know these are not people of Christ.These are religious
people.
I think you are right about that, I say this because friend of mine who work with them at the Christ Team Super Thrift, all I a can say that this people uses Gods glory, they still in Gods name, they have two employee in Daytona Beach store that they let them go and did not pay them, one employees they owes over $1500 and the store manager over $4000! They told them we'll pay you when we have the money! There is going to be an action law suit against them! If they don't pay their employees!

Any recommendation ?
Their victim

Port Orange, FL

#16 Jan 15, 2016
Leave us alone wrote:
Who is Reggie Killough?

Reggie & Shirley Killough Christ Team and God's Country

Mark 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
Gods Child

Port Orange, FL

#17 Jan 15, 2016
Gods child wrote:
They take advantage of good Christian people, my husband worked for them for about six months, about two months ago they fired him because he refuse to continued to work with out getting pay! Bob White who was working for them in Daytona Beach store! They own him $1500 and $3400 to the lady who manage their store, wondering how they can get away with this? This people work so hard and they get ripped off from Hippocrates like these people, Something need to be done! You need to investigate this!

Up date, the store manager contacted my husband, she told him that she took them to court, she win the case and they still haven't paid her !
Christ Team X-Manager

Port Orange, FL

#18 Jan 15, 2016
wonders wrote:
Everything I read in this forum about Shirley and Reggie Killough is true. You guys own me three months of my wages that been almost two years and still you guys haven't paid me, I cant let you guys keep doing this in Gods name. The truth must come out!
Zybejta Marashi

Port Orange, FL

#20 Tuesday Jul 26
Sugar Hill Express wrote:

I wish I did background check on them before I decided to volunteer for this people,!!!!

After volunteering for years I was offered a job at Christ Team. at 1st as a cashier few months later I was promoted to a store manager at Christ Team Super Thrift at Daytona Beach, FL. I found out the manager before me was laid off and was not paid, I witness many employees complaining about they were not getting paid, but I did not wanted to believe them until it happen to me. They did the samething to me, they laid my off work after they refused to pay my wages. I took them to court the judge grant me the case and they still today they refuse to pay my wages, while I'm struggling to make it day by day to pay my bills, and they claim "they help people in need" I'm person in need and I can't get them to pay my wages and not ask them to help me, I don't think so this people help anyone beside their self. I don't understand how this people can rest at the end of the day knowing they are doing wrong to all this people and top of that they are using God's name. f there is a HELL they will go there.

Former Store Manager
Zybejta Marashi

Port Orange, FL

#21 Tuesday Jul 26
St_JMB wrote:
This could get interesting. First: the State agency that issued the grant can pursue repayment of the misspent funds. Second: the Internal Revenue Service can revoke the non profit status retroactively to the date of the first misuse of funds.......... and then pursue the individual members of the Board of Directors for the back taxes, penalties and interest.
I used to work for this people, I used to manage one of their stores in Daytona Beach Florida. All I can say they are nothing but bunch of crooks, hypocrites and racists> The worst boss I ever worked for at the end they refused o pay me. I end up taking them to court because refused to pay my wages, the judge grant me the case and they still refuse to pay my wages. I would love to know what can I do to make them pay me, I follow all the steps by the book , I paid to place line against them but they claimed they don't own any properties. I would love to have them on the HALL OF SHAME, I wish I can see them in a local TV News so all their supporters know the real them !

Former store manager
Zybejta Marashi

Port Orange, FL

#22 Tuesday Jul 26
St_JMB wrote:
This could get interesting. First: the State agency that issued the grant can pursue repayment of the misspent funds. Second: the Internal Revenue Service can revoke the non profit status retroactively to the date of the first misuse of funds.......... and then pursue the individual members of the Board of Directors for the back taxes, penalties and interest.
would you please help me? What can I do to make this people pay my wages they own me? I did took them to court, the judge grant me the case, I put line against them and they still refuse to pay me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legend Deon Pressley 13 min Just Saying 9
McDowell Youth Football (Oct '09) 1 hr mark walker 147
Chowtime pizza 3 hr curiousity 1
Janet Lewis 4 hr Truth 4
kasey Wilson (Apr '14) 5 hr Stoppp 4
Does anyone know if Russell Neighbors is still ... 5 hr robin bood 7
Gay guys in Marion? (Feb '13) Tue T ball 49

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance