Welcome Center for Queens Gap / Seven Falls Opens: Special Autu...

Full story: PRWeb

The rustically inviting, 4,000 square-foot building will provide a casual, yet informative, introduction to both of the Tradition, LLC master-planned communities, courtesy of Whitney Moody, the Welcome Center Manager.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
KPC

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

hahahahahahahah....You are obviously a SHILL for the "property". From 2005 - 2008 I lived right on Chalk Creek, which comes out of the mountain that the Yankees wanted to call "Queen's Gap". It was obvious from the beginning that something was VERY wrong. Every time it rained-- even a little-- the creek turned to red m ud, something we had not seen before. Many residents downstream from the "Queen" contacted the EPA.
DOOMED FROM THE BEGINNING, out of nothing but greed!!!!!!!!!!
Vann Helms wrote:
I live five miles west of Queen's Gap. Let me tell you, we could do alot worse! The community center and guard house are finished, and are craftsman marvels of construction. The Jack Nicklaus golf course is platted out, and this will be one of the most beautiful settings to live in the mountains. The original developers did things right. They even built a nature center and hiking trials just west of the boundaries in the old "Queen Gap" area just north of Glaxhorn Mountain. They chose a spot in the middle of the famous "Isothermal Belt", where summers are much cooler and winters are milder. Last year when everyone got a foot of snow all over the mountains in March, we got less than 3 inches. I'm very environment conscious, and if I had money to buy something today, I would definitely take advantage of this market and invest at Queen's Gap. Who would expect such a perfect place in the foothills under 1,500 feet?
Vann Helms

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

First of all, I've never met or talked with anyone associated with the Queen's Gap development. My comments were based on my personal observations of the area, and the structures built at the entrance gate. Like most people, I was not aware of the dangers of slope failure in this, and most other areas of the Mountains. Luckily, my home is on a 7% grade, with nothing above it. The Appalacians are the oldest mountain range in the world, and, at one time were higher than the Himalayas. Over billions of years, erosion and earthquakes have created the mountains we see today, but that activity goes on, relentlessly. Did it keep people from building beautiful homes throughout these spectacular hills? No way. Do hurricanes stop people from building homes along the ocean, or wildfires prevent construction in the California hills and valleys? Of course not.

Queens Gap was not the only community singled out because of landslide risks. Every development in the mountains is facing the same dilemma. Insurance does not cover shifting soil. Special, expensive, policies must be found for such threats. Mountain side land will continue to move toward the oceans. Does that mean that we stop building in the mountains? Of course not. It means that developers will be required to do whatever possible to protect vulnerable homesites and roads. It means that architects will need to create new designs that will minimize the risk of slide damage. There's always a trade-off when buying or building a home anywhere. The allure of mountain views and clean air will continue to draw people to the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our job will be to make sure that everything possible will be done to make that reality as painless as possible for the mountains and for the residents.
Just The facts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

KPC wrote:
hahahahahahahah....You are obviously a SHILL for the "property". From 2005 - 2008 I lived right on Chalk Creek, which comes out of the mountain that the Yankees wanted to call "Queen's Gap". It was obvious from the beginning that something was VERY wrong. Every time it rained-- even a little-- the creek turned to red m ud, something we had not seen before. Many residents downstream from the "Queen" contacted the EPA.
DOOMED FROM THE BEGINNING, out of nothing but greed!!!!!!!!!!<quoted text>
I agree- My family has live in the cove and thermal city for YEARS. Chalk Creek and the other streams coming off the Pinnacle ridges were just fine, until a few years ago. Bright creek, on the McDowell side, had some native trout, as did a few other streams on the mountain. I was disappointed when the the developments began, as it was the end of my hunting and fishing days there. I was in a club the last few years that now is nothing more than rutted out, washing roads in both "communities".
Too bad my great grandfather had to sell his 650 acres there years ago to support his family...
jay swift

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

The fact that developers have been abusing the environment forever doesn't justify ongoing damage. An area can be appreciated and enjoyed for its beauty without having to spoil it.

To the remaining few Queen's Gap property owners - figure out how to give the property to the state and try to undo some of the damage that's been done
jay swift

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Some news out of Hendersonville about litigation of land buyers suing the SC bank and owner for inappropriate use of funds for the Seven Falls property.

Any news of who now 'owns' Queens gap?
jay swift

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

So who now 'owns' Queens Gap with Vinson's Seven Falls in so much deep debt?
Local Rutherford

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

I have been over in Queens Gap lately. The road to many of the properties sold adjacent to chalk creek is now a jeep trail. Rains have washed it out and before Vinson quit work he was putting all his money into the roads to the lots he had not sold. Typical greedy developer who could care less for anyone but himself and his checkbook. There are a bunch of lawsuits against him and the previous developer for fraud and failure to pay contractors. Someone walked away with a nice chunk of cash and left alot of people holding pretty much nothing. It will take years before the bond money trickles out if ever to build roads, etc. Just look at how the bond issue is working over at Greyrock.

Since: Aug 09

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

fishy .><(((>

mousey <:3)~

<:3)~
Vann Helms

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Recently I was over at Queen's Gap, hitting golf balls off the driving platform. The recent storms took down four big trees at the entrance gate house, and in the forest around the large main building. Thieves have stolen the copper gutters and down spouts off of the entrance gate house, and most "Arts and Crafts" light fixtures have been stolen from the large building. I haven't ben able to find out what is happening with the bankrupt facility. A sign announcing "Auctions" has been placed near the hiking parking area. Nature seems to be reclaiming the area. Two weeks ago I attended the BMW Celebrity Pro-AM at Bright's Creek, a private golfing community south of Lake Lure in Polk County. The place is spectacular, with dramatic homes, an equestrian center, and the most incredible golf course I've seen in the mountains. Timing is everything, and had Bright's Creek been announced just three years later, it would have sustained the same fate at Queen's Gap, and so many other developments in the western mountains.
Tom Swift

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Has anyone heard anything about Seven Falls and or Queens Gaps status?
Tom swift

Hudson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

So, the army corps of engineers states that much of the queen's gap development is unstable ground! Will the state buy the land for conservation?
Swift Tom

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

This sucks.
Know

Bethania, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

The Asheville Citizen Times has been running a series on the failure of Seven Falls.
Google up Seven Falls Vinson Asheville Citizen and you'll find them.
Vann Helms

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

The Queens Gap property has been totally neglected. Someone stole the classic clock and cast pole at the entance. Even the aluminum flag poles have been stripped. The few roads that were built have eroded into deep gullies. Someone removed the downed trees and mowed the grass in the entrance area during the summer, but that was months ago. The last time I was there, I saw many turkeys and deer. There were lots of wildflowers all summer. Nature has a way of coming back.

Since: Apr 10

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Queens Gap,Wild Ridges,The view at Woodland Hills,aren't they all dormant right now?
Whiskers

Shelby, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

I can tell you for sure that Queens Gap is dormant. We own land that butts up against it (refused to sell to them) and there has been zero activity for quite some time.

We hike the area and the interior roads are all but gone, with 6 feet deep fissures running up and down them on one particular road. Nature is definitely taking over and I couldn't feel better about it!
Brighter than most

Candler, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

I have to say, Vann Helms is not the brightest
Brighter than most

Candler, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Vann Helms wrote:
Recently I was over at Queen's Gap, hitting golf balls off the driving platform. The recent storms took down four big trees at the entrance gate house, and in the forest around the large main building. Thieves have stolen the copper gutters and down spouts off of the entrance gate house, and most "Arts and Crafts" light fixtures have been stolen from the large building. I haven't ben able to find out what is happening with the bankrupt facility. A sign announcing "Auctions" has been placed near the hiking parking area. Nature seems to be reclaiming the area. Two weeks ago I attended the BMW Celebrity Pro-AM at Bright's Creek, a private golfing community south of Lake Lure in Polk County. The place is spectacular, with dramatic homes, an equestrian center, and the most incredible golf course I've seen in the mountains. Timing is everything, and had Bright's Creek been announced just three years later, it would have sustained the same fate at Queen's Gap, and so many other developments in the western mountains.
I have to say, you are not the brightest person in the world.
A Brain Dimly Lit

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Thank you for those encouraging words. As they say, it takes one to know one.
Owner

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

I bought a lot there and I know there is nothing going on now. Does anyone know when they will be back up and running?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Marion Forum right now

Search the Marion Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who knows these thieves are Jake Baker 2 hr jwow 18
looking for a couple to have fun with 2 hr Ru sure 8
wreck 3 hr Stalker please 48
Kindness Board!! 3 hr Theoddballchick 3
Who are the whres of the highschool? 3 hr Theoddballchick 14
alex ledford 3 hr Theoddballchick 2
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 hr Red Square 55,634
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marion Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••