In contentious meeting, McDowell Coun...

In contentious meeting, McDowell County Commissioners take control of ...

There are 19 comments on the Customer Interaction Solutions story from Sep 10, 2013, titled In contentious meeting, McDowell County Commissioners take control of .... In it, Customer Interaction Solutions reports that:

Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Sept. 11--After an angry and contentious public hearing, the McDowell County Commissioners voted 3-1 Monday to put the Department of Social Services under their direct control and abolish the DSS Board of Directors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Customer Interaction Solutions.

civicchick

Greer, SC

#1 Sep 10, 2013
It's about time Hardin was put in his place and good riddance to him and the political wives retirement group aka the former dss board of deflectors. Dss has acted high and mighty as if they didn't have to be held accountable for any of their actions for far too long. Finally our commissioners woke up and grew a set of balls and stopped letting a non mcdowell resident act like god over dss. He cares more about his ego and animals than any human in mcdowell
wow

Concord, NC

#2 Sep 11, 2013
tell me about it, all dss wants is for everyone to kiss their ass.
Classy

Mars Hill, NC

#3 Sep 11, 2013
I agree with the "political wives" retirement group. Those ladies were way to uppity. As far as the employees at DSS there needs to be a huge overhaul, and re hire. Keep only the good ones, and get rid of the ones that don't do their jobs. That is the biggest sex ring I have ever seen, and it is just GROSS!!!! Most of the women sleeping with the male workers, and sharing all around.
huh

Raleigh, NC

#4 Sep 11, 2013
Sounds great where do I apply?
William Purvis KVK1

Mars Hill, NC

#5 Sep 11, 2013
civicchick wrote:
It's about time Hardin was put in his place and good riddance to him and the political wives retirement group aka the former dss board of deflectors. Dss has acted high and mighty as if they didn't have to be held accountable for any of their actions for far too long. Finally our commissioners woke up and grew a set of balls and stopped letting a non mcdowell resident act like god over dss. He cares more about his ego and animals than any human in mcdowell
It is great to see our commissioners closing something down. Maybe they can take over MACA,the city police,firedept.,teaparty churches, dogpound,and the city council. Oh yea and repubdonut shops.
rn2

Woodland, CA

#6 Sep 11, 2013
Classy wrote:
I agree with the "political wives" retirement group. Those ladies were way to uppity. As far as the employees at DSS there needs to be a huge overhaul, and re hire. Keep only the good ones, and get rid of the ones that don't do their jobs. That is the biggest sex ring I have ever seen, and it is just GROSS!!!! Most of the women sleeping with the male workers, and sharing all around.
very good idea. Also fire those that are never at work or always have dr appts on work time
rn2

Woodland, CA

#7 Sep 11, 2013
rn2 wrote:
<quoted text>very good idea. Also fire those that are never at work or always have dr appts on work time
And good bye mr i drive a CONVERTIBLE. He acted like it was ferrari.

Since: Dec 11

United States

#8 Sep 12, 2013
The county commissioners should save money by dropping the county funding for MACA. The only purpose MACA is concerned with is supporting Foothills Community Theatre. Beyond Foothills MACA is just 3 silly little girls playing silly games.... pretending to be an Arts Council. They do the absolute minimum to present the appearance of an Arts Council.
William Purvis KVK1 wrote:
<quoted text>It is great to see our commissioners closing something down. Maybe they can take over MACA,the city police,firedept.,teaparty churches, dogpound,and the city council. Oh yea and repubdonut shops.
jussayin

Stanfield, NC

#9 Sep 12, 2013
rn2 wrote:
And good bye mr i drive a CONVERTIBLE. He acted like it was ferrari.
Too funny. Don't forget the shades, lol.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#10 Sep 12, 2013
Maybe the county was downsizing DSS because of their light workload. I propose that more citizen in McDowell go to DSS and sign up for benefits.
civicchick

Greer, SC

#11 Sep 13, 2013
No One Ever wrote:
Maybe the county was downsizing DSS because of their light workload. I propose that more citizen in McDowell go to DSS and sign up for benefits.
Clean house and maybe Lisa can get off to a good start.
DSS

Mars Hill, NC

#12 Sep 13, 2013
Yes, clean the entire house and have everyone re-apply for their jobs. Re hire the good ones and hire different people. Some of the people there care, but for the majority that place is a joke. The workers don't care. They just want a paycheck.

The only way any new leadership will have a fighting chance is to get rid of the majority!
Just the facts

Raleigh, NC

#13 Sep 13, 2013
DSS wrote:
Yes, clean the entire house and have everyone re-apply for their jobs. Re hire the good ones and hire different people. Some of the people there care, but for the majority that place is a joke. The workers don't care. They just want a paycheck.
The only way any new leadership will have a fighting chance is to get rid of the majority!
An interesting study would be to see how many of the current McDowell DSS employees are recipients of government assistant.
Bet their paperwork doesn’t get misplaced and their benefits are received in a timely manner!
butchie

Burnsville, NC

#14 Sep 13, 2013
The real problem is our so-called leaders,commissioners pretending to care for McDowells best interest. Christian repubs have ruined this county in the name of God.
jussayin

Greer, SC

#15 Sep 13, 2013
Just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>An interesting study would be to see how many of the current McDowell DSS employees are recipients of government assistant.
Bet their paperwork doesnÂ’t get misplaced and their benefits are received in a timely manner!
That should be a conflict of interest and no active employee of DSS should be a recipient of benefits. Too much room for corruption. Sounds like a full audit of DSS is in order to see just what all Hardin was allowing.
Joe Friday

Morganton, NC

#16 Sep 13, 2013
jussayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That should be a conflict of interest and no active employee of DSS should be a recipient of benefits. Too much room for corruption. Sounds like a full audit of DSS is in order to see just what all Hardin was allowing.
No worries there. Chuck would never allow it.
slamboom

Greer, SC

#17 Sep 15, 2013
Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>No worries there. Chuck would never allow it.
Good.
Huh

Marion, NC

#18 Sep 16, 2013
jussayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Conflict of interest? It is state benefits we are talking about. Say you have a single woman who is pregnant and she works as a receptionist or even intake worker, she could very well qualify for Pregnancy Medicaid and such. That is not a conflict of interest-these are state programs. The majority of employees there do not make a lot of money and some qualify and utilize state benefits I am sure.
There are employees there who investigate fraud. Also, DSS is routinely audited.
lol

Greer, SC

#19 Sep 20, 2013
Phillip was here trying to get some files and leave some other stuff he took with him ? Very strange. He should have not left with any dss stuff in the first place. He still has his inside trolls telling him what's going on right now and what questions are being asked so be warned. More will need to be let go to clean up the place for sure. There have been other suspicious visitors in and out this week as well. Fishy fishy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holly gouge 13 min No name 7
Savannah Silver 1 hr lit 3
Faith Hensley (Mar '13) 1 hr Meme 35
Matt simpson 1 hr I know 5
Needing some personal attention 2 hr Fredrick 2
Married white woman...attracted to different ra... 2 hr Thats right 36
Trump Voters Screwed Themselves & The Rest of Us 6 hr Hize 277

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance