City Employee

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

Came in to work early off the clock to look at this some more and here is what I found regarding some breaking news I heard last week, that involved Andy Webb (Republican Commissioner), Dr. Rocco DiSanto (Private Businessman / Dentist), MEDA reps. Chuck Abernathy (McDowell County Manager and McDowell Economic Development Exec. Director), A. Butch Justice (School Board / McDowell Democratic Party Chairman), and Garland Norton (Old Fort Mayor)
Dr. Rocco DiSanto, aka , Rocco F. DiSanto, Rocco DiSanto, etc.
After contacting the NC Secretary of State I found the following additional facts to be true on DiSanto.
These are the names used according to the secretary of state for business activities in which Rocco DiSanto is the registered agent on file or the primary party on file; others business names and entities may exist where his wife or other primary party is listed rather the Mr. DiSanto himself:
DirectUS
DGR Networks
North Carolina Dental Assistant Training Schools
Domestic T. Source Corporation
Broadplex. LLC
OSP Utility Services
Assured Anyalytics
Resource One, Inc.
Sportivo, Inc.
PSPGO, LLC
Broadplex Communications, Inc.
According to Elaine Marshall's office in Raleigh a couple of these names are administratively dissolved for failure of DiSanto to properly file the necessary documents to the NC Secretary of States office in a timely manner.
In my haste in an earlier post I listed Broadplex as the company name who obtained the property from MEDA, Inc. but in fact the name he used for that project was DGR Networks, LLC.
MEDA, Inc.(Garland Norton and A. Butch Justice -Signatures for MEDA) granted DGR Networks, LLC a general warranty deed for the property in the industrial park on the 12th day of October 2007 along with other tax incentives and clearing of the land for DiSanto to start building immediately.
It also appears while DGR Networks got the land from MEDA in the industrial park with the deed in 2007 stating they would be building immediately and hiring employees there but that has not happened.
City Employee

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

Continued....

But wait, that doesn't mean DiSanto is not doing any business in McDowell, recently, Andrew K. Webb (McDowell Commissioner - Chairman) was hired in a consulting or sales capacity and has been the spokesperson for Rocco DiSanto lining up meetings in private over the past couple of years and at times very secretive meetings as Rocco "didn't like crowds or want to speak publicly" according to those around him. DiSanto preferred only two or three people at a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting. DiSanto always came across vague and secretive at all times when with Andy and let Andy do the talking. More recently appears that the McDowell County Schools project (where Andy Webb's wife is an Administrator and Andy sits on the Shoolboard as the Commissioner's rep) and possibly one involving McDowell Tech as well was granted to the company OSP Utility Services to sub out the fiber runs, then those connections would be made and billed out by DGR Networks, who in turn would lease bandwidth from Broadplex.
In others words, DiSanto is the recipient in each part of the equation but on paper it would appear that you have 3 to 5 different companies working together on the project.
The fact is they are all one and the same. Anyone care to get me a photo from each of those offices Corporate Headquarters ????? Good luck even finding a building with those names on the doors...
He attempted to bid on the City of Marion Wireless project and rumor here has it that his quote was over 10 times that of the others which came in. He was quoting nearly the full amount of a grant the City was rumored to be receiving at the time the bids went out. It appears that the City caught on and refused to do any further business with DiSanto.
So why did our McDowell County Commissioners; what the hell are they doing getting into financial agreements where MEDA signed over a deed to someone without doing some background work. I am so outraged now that I have talked to the NC Secretary of States Office at how our Commissioners have wasted our money without some research and it wasn't that hard. I have found all I need to know with the internet, a few phone calls, and some common sense. Please if you are reading this, copy and paste the name Dr. Rocco DiSanto into http://www.google.com and check out some of the court documents on this man. This is an outrage as a taxpaying citizen and a formal investigation into this matter and the money and real estate trial should be launched by the Attorney Generals Office in my opinion on all involved.
No wonder cities and Counties are going broke. They bring it on themselves.
City Employee

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

Part 1.....

Came in to work early off the clock to look at this some more and here is what I found regarding some breaking news I heard last week, that involved Andy Webb (Republican Commissioner), Dr. Rocco DiSanto (Private Businessman / Dentist), MEDA reps. Chuck Abernathy (McDowell County Manager and McDowell Economic Development Exec. Director), A. Butch Justice (School Board / McDowell Democratic Party Chairman), and Garland Norton (Old Fort Mayor)
Dr. Rocco DiSanto, aka , Rocco F. DiSanto, Rocco DiSanto, etc.
After contacting the NC Secretary of State I found the following additional facts to be true on DiSanto.
These are the names used according to the secretary of state for business activities in which Rocco DiSanto is the registered agent on file or the primary party on file; others business names and entities may exist where his wife or other primary party is listed rather the Mr. DiSanto himself:
DirectUS
DGR Networks
North Carolina Dental Assistant Training Schools
Domestic T. Source Corporation
Broadplex. LLC
OSP Utility Services
Assured Anyalytics
Resource One, Inc.
Sportivo, Inc.
PSPGO, LLC
Broadplex Communications, Inc.
According to Elaine Marshall's office in Raleigh a couple of these names are administratively dissolved for failure of DiSanto to properly file the necessary documents to the NC Secretary of States office in a timely manner.
In my haste in an earlier post I listed Broadplex as the company name who obtained the property from MEDA, Inc. but in fact the name he used for that project was DGR Networks, LLC.
MEDA, Inc.(Garland Norton and A. Butch Justice -Signatures for MEDA) granted DGR Networks, LLC a general warranty deed for the property in the industrial park on the 12th day of October 2007 along with other tax incentives and clearing of the land for DiSanto to start building immediately.
It also appears while DGR Networks got the land from MEDA in the industrial park with the deed in 2007 stating they would be building immediately and hiring employees there but that has not happened.
cobra302

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

going to try and verify some of this now.... if this is true where are the news crews and why isn't news papers all over this?

this is way bigger than Tommy Calhoun
mcdowell taxpayer

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

I am right there with you cobra302, i am going to research now myself the best i can
mcdowell taxpayer

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

ok I just got off the phone with sec of states office and they walked me through their website a little to search and just like "City" said that part it true on disanto and the names of all companies, and at least two have been dissolved...

does anyone know if you can call register of deeds and ask them to tell you if someone had deed transferred to them?
CitizenTimesAsh

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

Has anyone forwarded this info to the Asheville Citizen-Times ? or Charlotte Observer ?

This sounds up their alley not the McDowell News alley....
bracketttown road

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

if this is true they should all have to stand on the front of the courthouse lawn and have a public meeting to all explain how why and where the damn money is and who got most of it...

andy webb senator my ass

this how they treat our tax money

i say some of the commissioners need to start coming out into the community for meetings like the new sheriff is doin and see what we think about some things
go freedom patriots

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

r u kidding me? what is this disanto trying to hide with all those business names ?

2+2 = 4 and i say something is up here, this is too thorough to not have some validity to it

did the school system in McDowell know that he (disanto) was playing all the roles in this fiasco ?
Boomslang

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

A new social network has been created on the Ning
network, it is a social network named MMPAC. It is by invitation only. contact me at

boomslang@snakebite.com for an invite
ifyouaskme

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

I've apparently missed something here. Who is Disanto and what money has he been given and what does it have to do with our schools? Somebody enlighten me please.
City watch dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

Sounds like ole Andy might need to be checked out! Is he helping take money out of our pockets, with his status as commissioner rep and his wife on the board sounds like a fox in the henhouse maybe. Let's put Andy back on the candy wagon!
cobra302

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

ifyouaskme, it appears that this disanto guy is a dr or dentist from morganton.

he was the one that talked the city / county into all these tax credits, and special land deal for a business to startup in the mcdowell industrial park in 2007 or so, said he would build immediately and hire employees, so the county agreed gave him deal on land and cleared it for him;

disanto got deed in 2007, lot cleared etc. he has yet to build anything or hire real employees..

yet he is the one on record that got the bid from the school system for running fiber optic between all the schools. looks like he hired andy webb to help him and or do sales or something

he is using all these diff company names, and it just doesn't all add up see more in the first two post but all this work thats been going on with fiber to schools is through this disanto guy, and andy webb is working for him
City Employee

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

sorry folks I just realized when I had to break it up that some of the post got duplicated.

I say DiSanto needs to come to a public (Town Hall Style) meeting and answer some questions, or at least have him as a guest on the County Channel to speak at a commissioners meeting and explain himself and Commissioner Webb's connection.

“Progress for Marion / McDowell”

Since: Nov 09

East Marion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

Does anyone know for sure if the MEDA meetings are open to the public or are they closed meetings?

I guess first I should ask if they even meet regularly at all?
Bingo the Dog

Piedmont, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

cobra302 wrote:
ifyouaskme, it appears that this disanto guy is a dr or dentist from morganton.
he was the one that talked the city / county into all these tax credits, and special land deal for a business to startup in the mcdowell industrial park in 2007 or so, said he would build immediately and hire employees, so the county agreed gave him deal on land and cleared it for him;
disanto got deed in 2007, lot cleared etc. he has yet to build anything or hire real employees..
yet he is the one on record that got the bid from the school system for running fiber optic between all the schools. looks like he hired andy webb to help him and or do sales or something
he is using all these diff company names, and it just doesn't all add up see more in the first two post but all this work thats been going on with fiber to schools is through this disanto guy, and andy webb is working for him
DiSanto is a vet.

East Marion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Bingo the Dog wrote:
<quoted text>DiSanto is a vet.
The DiSanto we are talking about it not a vet. There may be a DiSanto vet but this one is a Dentist. I think he is only licensed and does not actively have an office or practice anywhere.

East Marion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Per "Boomslang"

Dr. Rocco F. DiSanto License #: 5076 (Licensed Dentist)
City : MORGANTON License Issued : 1/3/1983
State : NC Expiration : 3/31/2010
Board Action : N Status : Good Standing
Anesthesia: N Sedation: N
Cal57

Prairie Du Chien, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

It looks to me from what has been posted and what I can verify that this is all true and it sure don't appear do be on the up and up. We need someone to shed a little more light on this that don't live here and face the wrath of what appears to be a corrupt bunch here in Mcdowell County.
Give UP

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

You mac-dowell-by-gosh county hicks will not touch DiSanto or his associates. His front porch is very clean compared to Chuck's. The i's are dotted & t's crossed on all his "paper" deals with some local yocals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Marion Forum right now

Search the Marion Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 2 hr Delinger 56,130
Alcohol Test Bohner 3 hr Nasty 6
Auto Detail Shop 3 hr German poppy 5
Anyone seen Ben Capps 3 hr Ken 25
help from local gearheads 3 hr German poppy 7
meth $lut$ 4 hr Travis 4
Amanda Edwards (Jan '13) 4 hr German poppy 37
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marion Jobs

•••