First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marina

Asheville, NC

#1 May 19, 2013
How is it this year?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#2 May 19, 2013
Under completely new management.. really nice actually no more trashy trash
waterdog

Greenville, SC

#3 May 20, 2013
Pickless wrote:
Under completely new management.. really nice actually no more trashy trash
Obviously this comment is from the current management. Only been open for a week so too early to pass judgement, we shall see. My opinion is that the s#*t is about to hit the fan.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4 May 20, 2013
uhm actually their grand opening was last week but they've been open for three months. I go there with my mom every other weekend. Get your facts straight you idiot. I haven't been 'management' of anything in this county so far.
waterdog

Greenville, SC

#5 May 20, 2013
Pickless wrote:
uhm actually their grand opening was last week but they've been open for three months. I go there with my mom every other weekend. Get your facts straight you idiot. I haven't been 'management' of anything in this county so far.
Opened in Febuary??? Don't think so,(and that's a fact). I do want to wish the new bunch all the best, but you might need it if this "pickless" bozo is a "model" customer. It's a great place.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#6 May 20, 2013
they did open in febuary, weekends only. That's a fact.
Check their facebook if you have doubts. I have a couple friends that work there, they've been employed and serving me every other weekend since febuary. I guess I just hallucinated it though, right? At least my hallucations proved good service, even better food and some awesome acoustic music.
Punk

Sumter, SC

#7 May 21, 2013
Marina wrote:
How is it this year?
who cares.? Not to sound mean but let's face it, the marina is a ok idea but it'll be a fail with this new management just like the last ones. Now that We have liquor in Marion it's hard to drive all the way to the back side of the lake for what I can walk to in town

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#8 May 21, 2013
true, but its mostly a resturaunt now. my pal says they make their money from the folks out on the lake. Its seasonal so.... like most things out there. Kinda far to drive in the winter though.
Hottie

Greer, SC

#9 May 23, 2013
I read that they are having Throwdown Jones this weekend. I'll be there!
wnep

Duncan, SC

#11 Jun 5, 2013
good food and environment but service sucks it takes way to long to get your food and refills even when they are not packed
geno

Greer, SC

#12 Jun 6, 2013
Their better than last year. I think they're food is awesume but they need to get some better graft beer!
The Wretched

Burnsville, NC

#13 Jun 7, 2013
What kind of food does The Marina serve?
This guy

Lakeland, FL

#14 Jun 7, 2013
Food is ok. Not worth a lot of talk. I was at the throw down jones deal a couple weeks back and got a bj from a waitress in the parking lot. That was pretty cool
IAM

Greenville, SC

#15 Jun 7, 2013
Last year was so much better. Better food, better service, better bands etc., this year doesn't even compare so far. Time will tell, but with the people that are in charge I do not see positive things in the near future. I've heard that Joe Hall wanted it for his own and now that he has it, he is in a panic. They just don't know what is going on there yet. I do wish them the best. Great place to hang out.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#16 Jun 7, 2013
well last year it was nothing but frozen, nasty food, TERRIBLE service, trashy redneck brawls every night. It's classier, so of course marion isn't interested in it. Figures.
Awful

Marion, NC

#17 Jun 7, 2013
IAM wrote:
Last year was so much better. Better food, better service, better bands etc., this year doesn't even compare so far. Time will tell, but with the people that are in charge I do not see positive things in the near future. I've heard that Joe Hall wanted it for his own and now that he has it, he is in a panic. They just don't know what is going on there yet. I do wish them the best. Great place to hang out.
This place really has potential. Problem is, it is eat up with Dumbass! Has been from day 1. Too many 'owners' who do nothing but bitch and fight. That is a disaster waiting to happen!
hokutoman

Barnardsville, NC

#18 Jun 7, 2013
pick are you 1 of those people that are so ashamed of being from the south that you constantly talk crap about your fellow southerners?
rumor tumor

Greenville, SC

#19 Jun 7, 2013
Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
This place really has potential. Problem is, it is eat up with Dumbass! Has been from day 1. Too many 'owners' who do nothing but bitch and fight. That is a disaster waiting to happen!
Well maybe you haven't heard but the owners have divided things and are moving on with their lives. The entire place has already improved. Contrary to popular belief, the potential disaster you hoped for is over. You will need to look somewhere else for your drama and source for rumors. Very nice facility.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#20 Jun 7, 2013
Hokutoman, no, I'm not from the south, and I am not ashamed to be around people from the south. I do not believe that being from the south makes you ignorant or a redneck, not at all. There just as trashy, nasty, foolish people as could be up north, just as there are down here. I'm saying that i've seen the trend in Marion, and most businesses like the pizza joint THRIVE.. fights every night, people just being plain stupid, while anyone who wants a calmer atmosphere makes no money whatsoever. Are YOU one of those people from the south who thinks that just because they were born here, means they have to act like an idiot? Where you were born doesnt mean you have to fit into some stereotype. And Awful, you are SO right. Owners just bitch with each other constantly, its a constant power struggle from what I've heard. I hope they get their mess together. If what Rumor tumor says is true, maybe it'll all work out. Some people may be great thinkers.. just not together.
Awful

Marion, NC

#21 Jun 7, 2013
rumor tumor wrote:
<quoted text>Well maybe you haven't heard but the owners have divided things and are moving on with their lives. The entire place has already improved. Contrary to popular belief, the potential disaster you hoped for is over. You will need to look somewhere else for your drama and source for rumors. Very nice facility.
Nah- Unless a certain Coke Head is gone, there will be problems. And,yes, I know what I am talking about because I have pulled him out of toilets at other bars in town myself. I have had to tell him to wipe the white coke boogers off his nose before the wrong people saw it. Try to cover it up. The people who REALLY know will never change their opinions...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Voters Screwed Themselves & The Rest of Us 26 min Chicagoan by Birth 79
Baxters 54 min Muddog 8
Bobby Honeycutt (Jul '10) 1 hr Outta town 151
Sam N Emily Morris 5 hr Realistic 7
April Smith 8 hr Affiliated 6
Is god real im lost 12 hr Atheist 76
Jamie Russell Amber amator 20 hr Yourmama 5

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages