First Prev
of 4
Next Last
agree

Marion, NC

#1 May 8, 2012
I for one am glad the vote went the way it did!
ItsWhatTheySay

Charlotte, NC

#2 May 8, 2012
agree wrote:
I am officially a second class citizen. Congratulations.
chick

Marion, NC

#3 May 8, 2012
ItsWhatTheySay wrote:
<quoted text>I am officially a second class citizen. Congratulations.
way to go nc
chick

Marion, NC

#4 May 8, 2012
Smh at all this, sad little state we're in
yep

Marion, NC

#5 May 8, 2012
agree wrote:
I'm sure McDowell County was the last to come around for women voting and integration, too..... OR maybe they never did. This is what happens with over religiosity and lack of education. Sad.
geez louise

Marion, NC

#6 May 8, 2012
Sad.....
Das

Marion, NC

#7 May 8, 2012
Yeah itís always sad when democracy happens and people are allowed to choose their stateís laws and destiny.

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#8 May 8, 2012
Das wrote:
Yeah itís always sad when democracy happens and people are allowed to choose their stateís laws and destiny.
when democracy happens that puts a government foot up peoples asses.
nice pun.
We Call em RumpPumpers

Bakersville, NC

#9 May 8, 2012
Here is a little secret for you I don't think the democrats just wanted to put there foot in you're ars.
move

Marion, NC

#10 May 9, 2012
If you aren't happy with McDowell County or North Carolina then get the he!! Out! There are other states that let gays get married so go live in one of them! Don't be on here complaining be packing up all your junk and move!!!

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#11 May 9, 2012
move wrote:
If you aren't happy with McDowell County or North Carolina then get the he!! Out! There are other states that let gays get married so go live in one of them! Don't be on here complaining be packing up all your junk and move!!!
thing is, i love NC. i just hate it how our elected officials are passing perverse religious legislation behind the constitutions back. this is no different than telling you that you can only read the Qur'an because the state only recognizes the Qur'an
Logic

Passaic, NJ

#12 May 9, 2012
To be honest, if everyone that could move out would move out, this state would fail because of its backwoods ideals and poor economy because there is no one here to spend money. As for homosexuals, there are alot in this state. That means that of they leave, our economy will be hit ( that's bad) and I won't stay here to watch it. Gay marriage was already banned in the constitution of NC, but now they don't have any rights. I love NC, I just hate trisomy 21, inbred, cousin loving idiots that live here.
just asking

Marion, NC

#13 May 9, 2012
yep wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure McDowell County was the last to come around for women voting and integration, too..... OR maybe they never did. This is what happens with over religiosity and lack of education. Sad.
It's not sad, if you are a man and want a dick in your azz go for it. You just can't marry him. If you want to live with every man or woman that comes along till you don't like them anymore fine do that you don't get benefits from it. It passed get over it. Now go live like you want. Have fun doing it.
lawlaw

Mars Hill, NC

#14 May 9, 2012
Glad youall approve. Now the government will not have to help children of people who have been living in commonlaw marriage for years. It will help promote poverty but keep our politians benefits secured.Prepare for amendment two coming soon to your state. Taking more rights away from classes of people(gays,bi-racials,felons, illegals,preachers that stay out of politics, to give more control to the government.
I think

Marion, NC

#15 May 9, 2012
lawlaw wrote:
Glad youall approve. Now the government will not have to help children of people who have been living in commonlaw marriage for years. It will help promote poverty but keep our politians benefits secured.Prepare for amendment two coming soon to your state. Taking more rights away from classes of people(gays,bi-racials,felons, illegals,preachers that stay out of politics, to give more control to the government.
there are a lot of people that won't get married because they can't live off the government! The common law marriages u are talking about! They probably get welfare and food stamps so they don't get married because they would have to claim both incomes as one house but if they say they aren't married they only have one income and sit back and let us (the working people) pay for them to do nothing! I hope it does take away from some of them and they have to go to work for a change!
question

Weaverville, NC

#16 May 9, 2012
lawlaw wrote:
When did NC approve common law marriages? There is no such thing in the state of NC. Look it up! Also, felons don't have rights because they gave their rights away when they committed the felony.

It sounds like you and some others don't really know what you are talking about. Before you go off spouting stuff do some research.
Prove It

Weaverville, NC

#17 May 9, 2012
Someone please show me where a right that you had yesterday has been taken away. At my job I never have been able to get benefits for someone I am not married to but can for my children. I don't expect to be able to either. The government will still help all lazy people who depend upon them especially their children whether they are married or not. North Carolina seemed to be doing much better before all the gays put up a sign saying move to Asheville and help us screw up the whole state. Maybe if we weren't spending all this time and money trying to give rights to those that have no rights because of something that's not right we could focus on something important.
LoveNit

Weaverville, NC

#18 May 9, 2012
So glad NC stood up for whats right! NC you rock I love this place!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#19 May 9, 2012
Best bet for gays is to sadly move the out of North Carolina. The state is never going to be open minded. They are never going to give benefits to gays. To many self righteous judgmental pricks that live here!! I mean i believe in god, but i also believe in love, and if you love someone that should be celebrated.
Outta Here

Marion, NC

#20 May 9, 2012
Prove It wrote:
Someone please show me where a right that you had yesterday has been taken away. At my job I never have been able to get benefits for someone I am not married to but can for my children. I don't expect to be able to either. The government will still help all lazy people who depend upon them especially their children whether they are married or not. North Carolina seemed to be doing much better before all the gays put up a sign saying move to Asheville and help us screw up the whole state. Maybe if we weren't spending all this time and money trying to give rights to those that have no rights because of something that's not right we could focus on something important.
I lIke it! Well put!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve raines 10 min Bax 8
Kevin Ledferd 25 min fur coat rose 3
Noise ordinance 1 hr Csprin 16
your mind is made up 1 hr eatadic 4
Churches do more harm than good. 2 hr Mark Diesel 7
the steakhouse (Aug '11) 10 hr dudes 60
dycos cleaning service for Baxter 13 hr Concernedworker 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages