Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Feb 8, 2014
Opinion pole

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 12, 2013
 
How does the community and Hospice staff feel about her performance as Executive Director of Hospice of McDowell County ? Is She helping it grow and develop or is she running it into the ground?
lol

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 5, 2014
 
Opinion pole wrote:
How does the community and Hospice staff feel about her performance as Executive Director of Hospice of McDowell County ? Is She helping it grow and develop or is she running it into the ground?
We tried to get then to come talk to us about our mom. My sister went by and by chance spoked to Ms. Cosgrove. A week later after knowing coming we called Rutherford. They came the next day. Still haven't heard from McDowell. Guess they don't need or care about patients. Just our experience. But I can say it probably was the best. Our mom and us couldn't be happier with Hospice of Rutherford they have been wonderful.
susie q

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 5, 2014
 
I have not heard one positive comment about Kit Cosgrove. Every time I hear her name its someone talking about how difficult she is to work with. Eventually when you hear it over and over then it starts being more credible. Look at turn over rate too. I also recently was visiting my aunt in an assisted living facility and hospice sent a nurse for someone else there and there is no way she was physically able to help that patient should anything happen. She was up in years and hunched over and could hardly walk herself. I thought if she were seeing a patient in a home and the patient started to fall there was no way this nurse could assist. A lot of things just don't add up for McDowell's Hospice over the past few years. Nothing against older folks working but they should be physically able to do so. Otherwise you are cheating your patients.
broad st gal

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 8, 2014
 
We are supporting hospice of rutherford now. We also have not heard any good comments regarding the current administration
ruth

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 14, 2014
 
You are all wrong. There is no agency better than hospice of mcdowell. They do more for patients than anyone else could. Kit has been a god send.
Rena

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 16, 2014
 
Talk to any of Hospice of McDowell's patients and they will tell you how wonderful they are! Our family decided on Hospice of McDowell to care for our mother and we cannot be more pleased. Everyone we have spoken with who have had dealings with Hospice of McDowell have only offered praise. That "hunched over nurse" as stated above is very caring, experienced, and knowledgeable as she has assisted in caring for our family member. She does more than catch someone if they are falling.
really

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 17, 2014
 
Rena wrote:
Talk to any of Hospice of McDowell's patients and they will tell you how wonderful they are! Our family decided on Hospice of McDowell to care for our mother and we cannot be more pleased. Everyone we have spoken with who have had dealings with Hospice of McDowell have only offered praise. That "hunched over nurse" as stated above is very caring, experienced, and knowledgeable as she has assisted in caring for our family member. She does more than catch someone if they are falling.
Lol. Only because they don't know how a good hospice runs. Like rutherford.
Question

Nebo, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Who is over the Hospice Thrift Store? That place is absolutely a joke. You can buy the stuff new for the prices they want. If you want to see how a real one is run go to the one in Forest City. All pocket books are the same price. All clothes are the same price. All jackets are the same price. I was shocked to see a jacket with $75.00 on it. All this stuff is suppose to be donated. It is not suppose to be like a consignment store. While I'm at it, The Salvation Army is just as bad. They operate like a consignment store to. Who the hell marks their purses in ink? All volunteers and management at these two places need to drive on down to the Hospice Thrift Store in Forest City and see why they are so successful and have so much business. Quit taking donated items and trying to make a fortune, it's all donated. Pocketbook...Hospice in Forest City $2.00. Pocketbook.....Hospice and Salvation Army in Marion......For what you can buy them new and marked in ink.....I am just a customer not affiliated with any of these places, but I promise you if you would spend the extra gas money to drive to Forest City you would still save money and never want to step foot back into the ones in Marion again.
sprinkles

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 18, 2014
 
Question wrote:
Who is over the Hospice Thrift Store? That place is absolutely a joke. You can buy the stuff new for the prices they want. If you want to see how a real one is run go to the one in Forest City. All pocket books are the same price. All clothes are the same price. All jackets are the same price. I was shocked to see a jacket with $75.00 on it. All this stuff is suppose to be donated. It is not suppose to be like a consignment store. While I'm at it, The Salvation Army is just as bad. They operate like a consignment store to. Who the hell marks their purses in ink? All volunteers and management at these two places need to drive on down to the Hospice Thrift Store in Forest City and see why they are so successful and have so much business. Quit taking donated items and trying to make a fortune, it's all donated. Pocketbook...Hospice in Forest City $2.00. Pocketbook.....Hospice and Salvation Army in Marion......For what you can buy them new and marked in ink.....I am just a customer not affiliated with any of these places, but I promise you if you would spend the extra gas money to drive to Forest City you would still save money and never want to step foot back into the ones in Marion again.
What is the location in Forest City? I need some baking pans.
Rena

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 18, 2014
 
Some people need to find some happy pills and od on them; do what you want, choose whichever hospice you would like. We have been well pleased with our service, could not ask for anything better. I am simply glad there is such a program in existence to help others. (There is a thrift store in Marion run by Hospice of Rutherford County as well). Have a nice day.
Question

Nebo, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 18, 2014
 
Rena wrote:
Some people need to find some happy pills and od on them; do what you want, choose whichever hospice you would like. We have been well pleased with our service, could not ask for anything better. I am simply glad there is such a program in existence to help others.(There is a thrift store in Marion run by Hospice of Rutherford County as well). Have a nice day.
If you think it is run like the one in Rutherford County you are totally wrong! The one in Rutherford County is in Forest City. Go check it out sometime. The Marion one could not come close to being compared to it. I bet you there's no $75.00 jackets/coats there! LOL
Helping people by jacking up the price on donated items! Are they doing consignments there to?
Happy pills....I'm happy to let people know there is a great affordable place to get used/donated items at a very affordable price! Now you have a nice day!
read the sign

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

The Hospice thrift store beside of Nara's is HOSPICE OF RUTHERFORD COUNTY....read the smaller print on the sign.
Stinks

Weaverville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 20, 2014
 
Question wrote:
Who is over the Hospice Thrift Store? That place is absolutely a joke. You can buy the stuff new for the prices they want. If you want to see how a real one is run go to the one in Forest City. All pocket books are the same price. All clothes are the same price. All jackets are the same price. I was shocked to see a jacket with $75.00 on it. All this stuff is suppose to be donated. It is not suppose to be like a consignment store. While I'm at it, The Salvation Army is just as bad. They operate like a consignment store to. Who the hell marks their purses in ink? All volunteers and management at these two places need to drive on down to the Hospice Thrift Store in Forest City and see why they are so successful and have so much business. Quit taking donated items and trying to make a fortune, it's all donated. Pocketbook...Hospice in Forest City $2.00. Pocketbook.....Hospice and Salvation Army in Marion......For what you can buy them new and marked in ink.....I am just a customer not affiliated with any of these places, but I promise you if you would spend the extra gas money to drive to Forest City you would still save money and never want to step foot back into the ones in Marion again.
I agree the thrift store on side street in town is unreal! The smell of cig smoke will choke you. They all smoke inside the store! This is unreal to me!! When u work for hospice which is people dying mostly from cancer! I WILL NEVER step in there again! Ridiculous
board?

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 8, 2014
 
So who is on the current Hospice Board of Directors?

How are they so blind to the problems with the current administration?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 min Waco 1909 58,120
who shot lional Ferguson 1 hr someone 21
Living with Bipolar Disorder 1 hr MyMindMutates 6
McDowell County (Mar '12) 3 hr Alex Cain 21
Marinol Rx? 3 hr In Pain 5
State should rethink closing sheltered workshops (Oct '07) 4 hr tim bennett 16
Main Street Pub closing? 4 hr divided 42

Search the Marion Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Marion Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Marion News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marion
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••