getting engaged in high 11th grade???

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wth

Spartanburg, SC

#1 Jun 17, 2012
who would want to get engaged when your in 11th grade and you've only been dating 3 months? stupidest thing i've ever heard.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 18, 2012
wth wrote:
who would want to get engaged when your in 11th grade and you've only been dating 3 months? stupidest thing i've ever heard.
An even better question is where are the "parents"?
just me

Marion, NC

#3 Jun 18, 2012
Last Screenname Left wrote:
<quoted text>An even better question is where are the "parents"?
The parents don't and can't know everything about there kids. I mean if he ask her to marry him and she don't ware a ring how will anyone know. Happens all the time.

Location hidden

#4 Jun 18, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text>The parents don't and can't know everything about there kids. I mean if he ask her to marry him and she don't ware a ring how will anyone know. Happens all the time.
Yes I'm sure it does happen all the time in this town! Get married start popping out kids ASAP and live at a local trailer park! Gotta love it!
wth

Spartanburg, SC

#5 Jun 18, 2012
its stupid. why would you wanna rush things. some parents actually approve, thats the sad thing.

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#6 Jun 18, 2012
I am engaged to my hs sweetheart. Though we waited for three years till we got engaged, and even then(another year after the fact) we are waiting till after college to get married.
Wait till these kids move in together. you think being apart is the greatest trial, well, you got a big surprise lol.
thank god for video games, job, skateboarding, and school hahaha.
luv

Burnsville, NC

#7 Jun 18, 2012
I think a lot of these kids are just looking for love wherever they possibly can. I've seen it time and time again especially with young girls without father figures in their lives. Sad but true!

Location hidden

#8 Jun 18, 2012
luv wrote:
I think a lot of these kids are just looking for love wherever they possibly can. I've seen it time and time again especially with young girls without father figures in their lives. Sad but true!
Well said luv!
Yeah

Little Switzerland, NC

#9 Jun 19, 2012
Im 19 & got married today! We live together & moving to Kentucky in a week. On our own He is in the army & im in college! We are very happy togerher! We dont lan on kids for awhile. So i think its okayy if you are in love Finish school & everything! We make it on our own just fine! No help from noone
Yeah

Little Switzerland, NC

#10 Jun 19, 2012
&& have a HOUSE not trailer. If your young & been together 3 months then yeah thats crazy.

“I am Cooper.”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#11 Jun 19, 2012
Yeah wrote:
Im 19 & got married today! We live together & moving to Kentucky in a week. On our own He is in the army & im in college! We are very happy togerher! We dont lan on kids for awhile. So i think its okayy if you are in love Finish school & everything! We make it on our own just fine! No help from noone
I'd say the government is helping you move, as he sounds like a serviceman.

MSI

“Less in-touch every bloody day”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#12 Jun 19, 2012
Young adults*if they can even be called that* are being bombarded with images of young love lasting forever...... So they think that as soon as someone makes their heart beat the slightest bit faster, it is love-eternal, and -bam!- what do you know? Often times the parents are not involved in their childs' lives enough to put their feet down and teach them any better.
There are also those who never received love from their parents, and thus will do whatever it takes to 'feel love.'
justink

United States

#13 Jun 19, 2012
I think everyone needs to cool down. It's not like they're married yet. Engagement doesn't mean "let's get married tomorrow!!". When you get engaged it means you're thinking about marriage. Some people wait like 2 or 3 years until they're married. And if it isn't your life then why should you rant about it on Topix? Ridiculous. Oh well if they don't know what its like to live together, that's why there's a little thing called DIVORCE. It's also nobodies place to talk about how "the parents obviously don't know" I know many parents who are happy with the person who is with their kids. It isn't bad parenting, I mean they're almost done with school, they have a whole other year to get a house and figure out if marriage is right for them. There's people who've been married for 50+ years with their high school sweethearts. Get over yourself people, and quit talkin dirt about someone else's choices in life... Absolutely uncalled for.

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#14 Jun 19, 2012
justink wrote:
I think everyone needs to cool down. It's not like they're married yet. Engagement doesn't mean "let's get married tomorrow!!". When you get engaged it means you're thinking about marriage. Some people wait like 2 or 3 years until they're married. And if it isn't your life then why should you rant about it on Topix? Ridiculous. Oh well if they don't know what its like to live together, that's why there's a little thing called DIVORCE. It's also nobodies place to talk about how "the parents obviously don't know" I know many parents who are happy with the person who is with their kids. It isn't bad parenting, I mean they're almost done with school, they have a whole other year to get a house and figure out if marriage is right for them. There's people who've been married for 50+ years with their high school sweethearts. Get over yourself people, and quit talkin dirt about someone else's choices in life... Absolutely uncalled for.
obviously your still a kid.
Divorce is a nasty, ugly thing...maybe you should study it.
Being engaged is not thinking about it. when you get engaged you ask someone "will you marry me"
maybe kids should stop taking it so lightly and actually think.
um

Marion, NC

#15 Jun 20, 2012
Yeah wrote:
Key word is "today" give it time.
um

Marion, NC

#16 Jun 20, 2012
justink wrote:
When two high school kids get married the tax payers in 95% of the time take care of them so it is my issue cause it's my money all you kids are getting cause you look at it as if it don't work out some one will take care of it I'll just walk away and try someone else.
wth

Spartanburg, SC

#17 Jun 20, 2012
justink wrote:
its people who think like you that make the divorce rate so high. stupid.
Anonymous

Nebo, NC

#18 Jun 20, 2012
shut up. you aint the one getting married why care?????? it aint your life. im happily engaged to my sweetheart and plan on getting married next year. its our choice not yours. so get a life and if you wanna talk shit do it to the persons face, grow some damn balls. ignorant people in this town.
wth

Spartanburg, SC

#19 Jun 20, 2012
HoneyBun94 wrote:
shut up. you aint the one getting married why care?????? it aint your life. im happily engaged to my sweetheart and plan on getting married next year. its our choice not yours. so get a life and if you wanna talk shit do it to the persons face, grow some damn balls. ignorant people in this town.
if this towns so ignorant, then why are you still here?? cause your still a kid im guessing? maybe you should take your own advice and tell it to the persons face.
Anonymous

Nebo, NC

#20 Jun 20, 2012
im still here because i have family i dont want to leave. so until you know my story stop running your mouth. and actually im not a kid. i am an adlut. and this site isnt anything but shit talking

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meth Heads 2 hr Bowlroller 21
Danielle Stevenson 3 hr Bowlroller 3
Hunk Stephen Epley 9 hr BlazinBlunts 6
Tasha Patton (Aug '13) 18 hr Shelly Mullins 7
Jillian roberts Sun What the 9 hells 3
baxter supervisors Sun drip 6
Kids Sun What the 9 hells 10

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance