Maxine

United States

#1 Nov 23, 2011
Glad to hear about this group wanting to improve things in Old Fort. The McDowell County commissioners totally IGNORE our town, though we pay as much tax as the people in Marion. One example is the terrible convenience center on Bat Cave Road -- muddy and with potholes big enough for your truck to disappear inside. There are lots of old people who live here and they are tettering around with their canes in the mud. The county should have to pave this or find another, larger site.

I think the commissioners should have to hold six meetings a year in Old Fort; should take responsibility for improving the services the county is responsible for; and that Old Fort should start demanding more attention from the county.
Big red

Burnsville, NC

#2 Nov 23, 2011
Maxine wrote:
Glad to hear about this group wanting to improve things in Old Fort. The McDowell County commissioners totally IGNORE our town, though we pay as much tax as the people in Marion. One example is the terrible convenience center on Bat Cave Road -- muddy and with potholes big enough for your truck to disappear inside. There are lots of old people who live here and they are tettering around with their canes in the mud. The county should have to pave this or find another, larger site.
I think the commissioners should have to hold six meetings a year in Old Fort; should take responsibility for improving the services the county is responsible for; and that Old Fort should start demanding more attention from the county.
Now that is one dumb idea! That cannot be done!

“The orginal”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 1, 2011
It's not up to COUNTY commissioners to fix CITY problems. I'm sure if you and your friends are willing to pay more taxes the city would have no problem filling in the potholes, but as broke as that city and the residents are, you might as well hunker down and wait.
bornhere

Greenville, SC

#4 Dec 1, 2011
Just to clear this all up, the county dosen't own the site. It is rented from the Gilliam family. The county want spent money on anything they can lose next year. I'd rather deal with a little mud as to drive further to the PG site. Also, Greg Bryan will come pick your trash up for you for a small fee. Give him a call, that way your vehicles will be clean and you want be on here stirring.
Truth

Burnsville, NC

#5 Dec 1, 2011
Let it dry up and blow away.
Maxine

United States

#6 Dec 1, 2011
You're right, the town of Old Fort is responsible for town streets, etc., but the convenience center is county's responsibility. If they lease it, they should buy some land and make one. Typical Marion prejudice about Old Fort, I see. As if Marion is not the armpit of the world...
Dugh

Asheville, NC

#7 Dec 1, 2011
Well, Well, Well. All this complaining because YOU voted the same people in as County Commissioners. Deal with what YOU voted in. Until YOU vote for someone else to fill their shoes, YOU are the fault.
counter

Burnsville, NC

#8 Dec 2, 2011
McDowell folks can't help it. As long as the appointment line stays in effect voting is needless. Bev Purdue is working on it,I hope. It would greatly help Mcdowell if this process was stopped immediately.Call your governors office ask it to be stopped. Save McDowell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
He called ME utterly amoral 2 hr President Spanky 1
Not many people know 2 hr President Spanky 1
Its ALMOST over 2 hr President Spanky 1
Im NOT going 2 hr Alex 2
Trump Voters Screwed Themselves & The Rest of Us (Mar '17) 2 hr Alex 2,159
He only works at NIGHT! 5 hr President Spanky 1
Were Hiring! 6 hr President Spanky 1

Marion Jobs

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages