"real" Christians - what exactly is t...

"real" Christians - what exactly is that?

Posted in the Marion Forum

wondering

Marion, NC

#1 Oct 28, 2013
I keep hearing stuff about "real" Christians. So I guess there are real vs fake Christians out there. How can you tell the difference?
Take responsibility

Asheville, NC

#2 Oct 28, 2013
wondering wrote:
I keep hearing stuff about "real" Christians. So I guess there are real vs fake Christians out there. How can you tell the difference?
You that bored?? Love and Hip Hop New York is fixing to come on. Watch that instead.
IMHO

Marion, NC

#3 Oct 28, 2013
they talking bout either republican christians or tea party christians - they each think they are the true ones adn they probably are IMHO
Take responsibility

Asheville, NC

#4 Oct 28, 2013
" What you do is so loud, that I cannot hear what you say." R.E.W
merry widow

Burnsville, NC

#5 Oct 28, 2013
True Christians are few and far between.You may not recognize one because they will not be cramming God down tour throat. They will not be spouting hate for the lazy poor,uneducated,dope heads,drunks,religion not their own,abortion,race, the list goes own.
If you are lucky enough to ever meet one you will meet a happy,non judgemental,giving,caring,non critical,non church going,has an occasional drink,might smoke a joint,swares,picks up a person walking in the rain,cold,or heat,they might reach out a helping hand to someone that doesn't smell
good.This list goes on too.

Please don't look for them in places like churches.That will be the last place you find one. Good luck on your search
4real

Dalton, GA

#6 Oct 28, 2013
merry widow wrote:
True Christians are few and far between.You may not recognize one because they will not be cramming God down tour throat. They will not be spouting hate for the lazy poor,uneducated,dope heads,drunks,religion not their own,abortion,race, the list goes own.
If you are lucky enough to ever meet one you will meet a happy,non judgemental,giving,caring,non critical,non church going,has an occasional drink,might smoke a joint,swares,picks up a person walking in the rain,cold,or heat,they might reach out a helping hand to someone that doesn't smell
good.This list goes on too.
Please don't look for them in places like churches.That will be the last place you find one. Good luck on your search
aren't you the same one who was giving advice to the girl ab how to kill her baby? Yea your bout as ignorant as they come. but so much better than the Christians you judge huh? Jesus said deny me infront of others then I will deny you infront of my father. I'll pray for you as well. Bless your ignorant shriveled up cold heart.
an example

Marion, NC

#7 Oct 29, 2013
4real wrote:
<quoted text> aren't you the same one who was giving advice to the girl ab how to kill her baby? Yea your bout as ignorant as they come. but so much better than the Christians you judge huh? Jesus said deny me infront of others then I will deny you infront of my father. I'll pray for you as well. Bless your ignorant shriveled up cold heart.
(This one ain't a real Christian)
TRUTH TIME

Asheville, NC

#8 Oct 29, 2013
Character is what you do when nobody is looking.I understand 4REAL if you claim to be Christian and you are getting abortions thats hypocrtical.If as soon as you leave church you are cussing someone telling them how worthless they are because your fellow church members can't see you then thats a fake christian.If you claim to be a Christian and you hate your family instead of admitting I screwed up wasn't a good influence or role model.You are a hypocrite.If you claim to be a Christian and money is your primary focus then I hate to tell you that you just don't get it.God doesn't forget and HE knows the difference.You don't have to go around shouting it from the rafters.It would be apparent by your actions alone.Like I said I've met very few Christians in my life.I will be the first to admit that I make mistakes.How about some truth?I'm jealous of my husbands ex-wife because her parents love her no matter what she's ever done.They will always be there for her and her child.I don't have that and wish I did.Not an easy thing to admit but its the TRUTH.My prents don't give a crap about me my sister was right when she said that to hurt me.That nobody in my family likes me.Most of them call me if they need something her included.So if people that are christians were more honest we'd be a whole lot more likeable and it would probably lead to more people becoming believers.
4real

Columbus, GA

#9 Oct 29, 2013
Wow yall some twisted individuals. I'm so glad I'm so interesting I've become the topic lol! Don't think I ever "claimed" to be a Christian although I am a Christian because I'm God's child and I have been saved and brought up in a Christian home. And Negative on any abortions I've had to pregnancies and I have two children. I was pointing out the lack of morals merry widow has considering she was giving advice in how to kill a baby on another topic. Anyone who judges someone because they are Christian is ignorant, that is all I said. I did not judge, call names, put down or take the Lords name in vein, I simply stated a fact. This person is ignorant which means without knowledge. I do not see any Christians putting down anyone else for what they believe or do not believe so why are Christians attacked so much??
4real

Columbus, GA

#10 Oct 29, 2013
an example wrote:
<quoted text>
(This one ain't a real Christian)
my God loves me just the same. Never claimed to be perfect but I promise I have better morals than you. I wouldn't kill my unborn child or judge other Christians on a website. I'm never in a bar on Sat then church on Sunday. I may let my temper get the best of me from time to time and as the country song goes I'm not as good as I wanna be but I'm a heck of alot better than I used to be.
TRUTH TIME

Asheville, NC

#11 Oct 29, 2013
4real wrote:
<quoted text> my God loves me just the same. Never claimed to be perfect but I promise I have better morals than you. I wouldn't kill my unborn child or judge other Christians on a website. I'm never in a bar on Sat then church on Sunday. I may let my temper get the best of me from time to time and as the country song goes I'm not as good as I wanna be but I'm a heck of alot better than I used to be.
I said I agree with you. I'm not judging you and I understand the point you were trying to make.
Bobby

Marion, NC

#12 Oct 29, 2013
You wont find any "real" Christians (Christ like) around here, only self righteous back-stabbing bigots.
4real

Macon, GA

#13 Oct 29, 2013
Bobby wrote:
You wont find any "real" Christians (Christ like) around here, only self righteous back-stabbing bigots.
thanks for proving my whole point of how Christians are attacked for no reason
santa claws

Greer, SC

#14 Oct 29, 2013
real Christmas = Walmart
James

Petoskey, MI

#15 Jul 19, 2014
A real Christian is one that follows the edicts of GOD and Christ as WRITTEN in the bible. We do not add in things that do not exist to justify our feelings, We follow Christs example and dictates on how to treat people and live.
We do not follow Pagan traditions like Christmas, Ishtar/Easter or the lie of Thanksgiving.
All the Holi-Days I listed are Pagan Roman celebrations, and NOT biblical. These came for the Vatican and not GOD.
We are to treat people with love and respect, no matter if we disagree with them. This does NOT mean we are to be victims as so many think, we are supposed to defend the lives of ourselves, family, and others whenever possible, this does not mean make war with people 20,000 miles way for the Vatican or any other entity. But we are supposed to honor or commitments to our friends and keep our word. If we can't keep our word then we should never utter it. Meaning don't make promises you know can't be kept, and think through what you say before you say it.
Since 99% of so called Christians do NOT read the bible they have or carry around we now have MYTHS/LIES perpetrated by those who claim the name of Christianity which is the taking of GODS name in vain, not a swear/cuss word as so many claim. To do something is vain is not cussing it is doing something for Nothing. To claim to be a follower of Christ, and live like a Pagan is in FACT taking his name in vain. Christ comes from the word Christos a greek word meaning essentially redeemer, Savior the Hebrew word Messiah.
CHRISTOS
USAGE: Theology
Meaning & History
Means "anointed", derived from Greek &#967;&#961;&#953; &#969; (chrio) "to anoint". This was a name applied to Jesus by early Greek-speaking Christians. It is a translation of the Hebrew word &#1502;&#1464;&#15 13;&#1473;&#1460;& #1497;&#1495;&#1463; (mashiyach), commonly spelled in English messiah, which also means "anointed".
Related Names
See All Relations
Show Family Tree
VARIANT: Christ
wondering wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened in Taunton Monday evening, and is... 54 min Questions 2
The bad neighborhood 12 hr Tammy 6
Boycott Sonic Devil worshopers (Dec '12) 14 hr Juju 31
Chowtime pizza 14 hr BubuBubba Barnes 5
Christian Elliott 16 hr A-ville 1
Rebecca webb (Jun '15) 20 hr Rlw 5
Hampton Inn Marion NC 20 hr Inquisitive 5

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance