Best way to get a job in marion (at fast food places, hook and anchor, etc)

Posted in the Marion Forum

Determined

Mars Hill, NC

#1 Feb 8, 2014
Applied but don't get calls back, call them back, they say they'll look up my application and never call. What's the best way to get a job at fast food places around here, or maybe at some locally owned restaurants?
sad

United States

#2 Feb 8, 2014
Just keep showing up and asking to speak to the managers. Good luck
Determined

Marion, NC

#4 Feb 9, 2014
Thank you, should I actually go into the places and ask to speak to a manager? And what time is the best time to do this?

Since: Sep 10

Marion, NC

#5 Feb 9, 2014
Determined wrote:
Thank you, should I actually go into the places and ask to speak to a manager? And what time is the best time to do this?
Yes show up and ask to speak to the manager, you don't want to just give them a phone call. Usually managers work 1st shift 7am-3pm or something like that. If they are looking for help they tend to work later to do interviews etc. Good luck!
tatoo

Marion, NC

#6 Feb 9, 2014
go at peak times likea 12 noon
Determined

Marion, NC

#7 Feb 9, 2014
Last Screenname Left wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes show up and ask to speak to the manager, you don't want to just give them a phone call. Usually managers work 1st shift 7am-3pm or something like that. If they are looking for help they tend to work later to do interviews etc. Good luck!
Thank you! I'll be sure to try that out.
Manager

United States

#8 Feb 9, 2014
I agree go speak with the manager, go alone. Don't take friends with you. It shows them you are independent and can speak for yourself. Once you put in an application, don't call to check on it. Keep going back to the business and asking to speak to the manager. It shows them that you really want a job and also shows your ready to work. Also DO NOT show up at 12 noon. Most of the time 12 is a bad time because that is when the lunch rush is. If it is busy the manager isn't going to be able to take the time to really talk to you. Go between about 3 and 4 in the evening. It's slow then and you can have a good conversation with the manager. Hope this helps! You got it straight from a restraunt manager!
Determined

Marion, NC

#9 Feb 11, 2014
Manager wrote:
I agree go speak with the manager, go alone. Don't take friends with you. It shows them you are independent and can speak for yourself. Once you put in an application, don't call to check on it. Keep going back to the business and asking to speak to the manager. It shows them that you really want a job and also shows your ready to work. Also DO NOT show up at 12 noon. Most of the time 12 is a bad time because that is when the lunch rush is. If it is busy the manager isn't going to be able to take the time to really talk to you. Go between about 3 and 4 in the evening. It's slow then and you can have a good conversation with the manager. Hope this helps! You got it straight from a restraunt manager!
Thanks, great info! What exactly should I say to the manager?
tina

Toronto, Canada

#11 Feb 19, 2014
keep trying, do not give up
another manager

Burnsville, NC

#12 Feb 20, 2014
be as flexible with hours and the scheduling as you possibly can be; because maybe there is something on your app (like the hours you can work) that is holding them back from hiring you
Go To All The ----

Marion, NC

#13 Feb 20, 2014
Junk Yards They Are Always Hiring New Empolyes To Suck The Old Farts Out Of The Used Car Seats Before They Sell Them ;-)
fart sucker

Tampa, FL

#15 Feb 23, 2014
Will I actually have to get off my butt and go to the junk yard?
Big John

Marion, NC

#16 Mar 6, 2014
People, I don't think you have really discovered McDowell County and what the real deal is? I know first hand that if an employee has a friend or family member that needs a job most likely the friend/family member will get the job before you will.....I'm not saying all companies in this area is like this but we have more than our fair share.....I think the person that's most eligible for the job should get it. Although it is a shame people apply for a job that never was open. I wish everyone best of luck with your job hunting, just wanted to make everyone aware....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haggins (sex offender) in McDowell newspaper today (Aug '13) 3 hr Anonymous 18
places for rent? 5 hr Landlord 3
New management@ Woodlawn motel 7 hr yep 2
America's Blood Suckers!!!!! 10 hr Cliven 74
Morganton Pressure vessel good place to work???? (Jan '14) 11 hr Freddie 11
Poll What elem. school wld u prefer ur child 2 attend? (Jul '08) 11 hr dog bounty hunter 19
Sarah Lael 20 hr Amber BF 13
More from around the web

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]