Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43054 Oct 10, 2013
There is something seriously wrong with your numbers. JUST interest on the debt this year for Treasury Notes and Bonds, Savings Bonds, State and local Government Series and special purpose securities was $ 415,688,781,248.40. Lets divide that by 12 months per year and the MONTHLY interest payments would be
$34,640,731,770.70 PER MONTH not 18 billion. I do not know if republikans are lying or are just too stupid to do the numbers themselves. In either case, its just plain wrong, like everything else they do.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>This is where you are wrong, just like the Ruler. The Fed takes in $225 Billion a month in tax revenue and our financial obligations total $18 Billion a month,(which includes the interest on the monies borrowed). WE WILL NOT DEFAULT!
This leaves $207 Billion a month to run the govt AND to fund Obamacare. It's not enough to do either, much less both! The Ruler needs the debt ceiling to be raised in order to continue funding Obamacare, it hasn't been paid for yet! This is why he's so adamant about not compromising!
On the other hand, the Republicans are compromising. How? First they wanted to repeal Obamacare. After realizing that wouldn't make it through the Senate, they opted to defund Obamacare with the first debt ceiling debate in March. After trusting the Ruler and his cronies in March, only to be stabbed in the back, now they've chosen to delay Obamacare for one year. The Ruler still refuses to negotiate, although he's agreed to give big business a one year delay!
The Ruler is a liar and cannot be trusted! Boehner knows this, the Republican Party knows this, and a majority of Americans know this! That's why his approval rating is at 37%, an all time low, although you don't hear the state run media reporting this fact!
Had his dumbass actually proposed a budget,(which is required by The Constitution), the Republicans wouldn't have had any leverage in this fight!
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43055 Oct 10, 2013
Republikans are now refusing to pay the death benefits to the dependents of our soldiers killed in foreign wars. I suppose they plan to use that money for more tax breaks for the rich. This is just too repulsive for words
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Engage in all the incendiary rhetoric you want.The Republican house wasn't elected to rubberstamp the democrat senate.Got that?
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43056 Oct 10, 2013
Uhoh. I just read in this morning's paper that a 14 year old in Louisiana posting threats involving firearms was arrested for terrorism. Better take a blue 10 and chill.
waco1909 wrote:
It's tit-for-tat, piss on my dog, I'll blow your cat away with my twelve gauge....(this is a suitable opening for Allen to remind everyone that I'm crazy). Just a little political humor....
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43057 Oct 10, 2013
Strange that you would say that. I am not a party person but ideologically my views are more in tune with republicans in that I oppose abortion, oppose more gun control , oppose gay marriage,. The reason I cannot join with republicans is that I am not stupid enough to consistently vote against my own interest in favor of more tax breaks for the rich. Also, anarchy is not my favorite form of government. I have worked hard and have done ok, but I am far from rich. But I have everything I need and probably more than I deserve, so I reluctantly send in my high taxes but with the understanding that it is a bargain for the privilege of living in this great nation.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Beckerhead, but you could not beat yourself up. Join the Republicans you will feel better and you will have all that extra money.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43058 Oct 10, 2013
Looks like there remains some sanity in the republican party to off set the republikans. They are showing signs of salvaging what is left of the party before the tp republikans kill it completely.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43059 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
Republikans are now refusing to pay the death benefits to the dependents of our soldiers killed in foreign wars. I suppose they plan to use that money for more tax breaks for the rich. This is just too repulsive for words
<quoted text>
Actually, the Republican House approved a bill yesterday, it's Harry Reid that hasn't done anything with it! Furthermore, money was appropriated for the military during the govt slowdown by the Republicans, the Commucrats chose not to fund these benefits with the money in an attempt to pull at the heart strings of Americans! Simply pathetic!
You should seriously quit watching MSNBC!
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43060 Oct 10, 2013
If that vote was the case yesterday , maybe Harry Reid will get a vote today to pay the death benefits and tomorrow they can be paid. Its just unbelievable that fat, sassy ,secure republikans would even direct something like that toward our service persons to start with. How low down can politics get?
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the Republican House approved a bill yesterday, it's Harry Reid that hasn't done anything with it! Furthermore, money was appropriated for the military during the govt slowdown by the Republicans, the Commucrats chose not to fund these benefits with the money in an attempt to pull at the heart strings of Americans! Simply pathetic!
You should seriously quit watching MSNBC!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43061 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
Republikans are now refusing to pay the death benefits to the dependents of our soldiers killed in foreign wars. I suppose they plan to use that money for more tax breaks for the rich. This is just too repulsive for words
<quoted text>
Get your story straight. Obama has had the power all along to stop this from happening.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/oct/09/de...

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#43063 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
Uhoh. I just read in this morning's paper that a 14 year old in Louisiana posting threats involving firearms was arrested for terrorism. Better take a blue 10 and chill.
<quoted text>
The plain fact is, the"Political Correctness Police", as ordered by dems, is after almost anyone these days.Yes, I threatened a non-existent cat. It's on now!

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#43064 Oct 10, 2013
To say that republicans are against Obamacare on ideological grounds, but that dems don't support Obamacare on ideological grounds, is ridiculous.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43065 Oct 10, 2013
Yes, but only if he pays them out of his own pocket. What you cannot seem to understand is that Obama CANNOT SPEND MONEY THAT CONGRESS HAS NOT APPROPRIATED. When the pubs shut down the government, they were warned that this would happen. They didn't care and did it anyway. Sick, sicko republikans.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your story straight. Obama has had the power all along to stop this from happening.
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/oct/09/de...
Anonymous Fat Guy

Statesville, NC

#43066 Oct 10, 2013
GimmeMyCheck wrote:
I think ms marshall will do best to make sure the money continues to flow downhill into the hands of the needy, like me, so i can continue to live without bothering to find a job. our debt isn't that bad yet so lets spend, spend, spend. we don't want someone that will stop us from bleeding our children dry, so vote for the democrats. i know we all want to vote for burr, since he gets overseas funding, but i think the democrats do an admirable job of getting their fair share from the chinese. and why would i vote for someone that would be against using tax money to subsidize abortions? why would i vote for someone concerned with the national debt? why would i vote for someone that's against socialized medicine? why would i vote for someone who believes in the prudent use of our natural resources? I'm not, I'm voting straight democrat.( considering the party, maybe i should say i'm voting a gay democrat ticket)now if i can just get my lazy, fat butt up off the couch to actually go vote ...
Yeah! What he said!
Taxpayer

Rougemont, NC

#43067 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
Republikans are now refusing to pay the death benefits to the dependents of our soldiers killed in foreign wars. I suppose they plan to use that money for more tax breaks for the rich. This is just too repulsive for words
<quoted text>
The money is gone obama and the Dems wasted it on freeloader.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43069 Oct 10, 2013
The FACT that CONGRESS awards ALL monies from the government is a concept that you just cannot take hold of. I hope you are happy living in that anti education beckerhead fantacy land of BS. You make a great addition to the republican party. You probably chant "more tax breaks for the rich" in your sleep.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The money is gone obama and the Dems wasted it on freeloader.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#43070 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>There is something seriously wrong with your numbers. JUST interest on the debt this year for Treasury Notes and Bonds, Savings Bonds, State and local Government Series and special purpose securities was $ 415,688,781,248.40. Lets divide that by 12 months per year and the MONTHLY interest payments would be
$34,640,731,770.70 PER MONTH not 18 billion. I do not know if republikans are lying or are just too stupid to do the numbers themselves. In either case, its just plain wrong, like everything else they do.
According to the CBO (congressional budget office) the interest payments alone consumed $220 billion annually in 2012.(On a separate note they also say by 2020 the interest payment will be $1 trillion annually)

But to the point at hand,$220 billion divided by 12 months is $18.333 billion per month.

That means that the annual interest spending is $455 billion less than the DOD spending,$330 billion less than Medicare and $30 billion less than Medicaid.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43071 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
Yes, but only if he pays them out of his own pocket. What you cannot seem to understand is that Obama CANNOT SPEND MONEY THAT CONGRESS HAS NOT APPROPRIATED. When the pubs shut down the government, they were warned that this would happen. They didn't care and did it anyway. Sick, sicko republikans.
<quoted text>
Wrong. As recently as yesterday after much tap dancing around the question asked at a WH news briefing, Jay Carney, Obama's mouth piece, did say WH attorneys had the authority authorize payments to cover these benefits until the shutdown has been resolved.

I would send you the link, but my computer keeps freezing up. I'll send it when my computer stops it's partial shutdown.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#43072 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>The FACT that CONGRESS awards ALL monies from the government is a concept that you just cannot take hold of. I hope you are happy living in that anti education beckerhead fantacy land of BS. You make a great addition to the republican party. You probably chant "more tax breaks for the rich" in your sleep.
The house sent bills to Harry Reid to vote on that would fund EVERYTHING but Obamacare. The piece of shit would not even bring it to the Senate floor. Even the mayor of DC stormed into a senate meeting calling Harry Reid out. He was told by H Reid "I'm on your side, don't mess this up".

Republicans did not shutdown anything. Only 17% of the government was furloughed. That's not a shutdown, that's a vacation since they ALL will receive retro pay once the "slim down" is over.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43073 Oct 10, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
The house sent bills to Harry Reid to vote on that would fund EVERYTHING but Obamacare. The piece of shit would not even bring it to the Senate floor. Even the mayor of DC stormed into a senate meeting calling Harry Reid out. He was told by H Reid "I'm on your side, don't mess this up".
Republicans did not shutdown anything. Only 17% of the government was furloughed. That's not a shutdown, that's a vacation since they ALL will receive retro pay once the "slim down" is over.
Obama got an earful from this lady. I hate she didn't get her hooks in Reid like she did Obama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43074 Oct 10, 2013
As I pointed out, someone you depend on for information is leaving out large amounts of interest.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the CBO (congressional budget office) the interest payments alone consumed $220 billion annually in 2012.(On a separate note they also say by 2020 the interest payment will be $1 trillion annually)
But to the point at hand,$220 billion divided by 12 months is $18.333 billion per month.
That means that the annual interest spending is $455 billion less than the DOD spending,$330 billion less than Medicare and $30 billion less than Medicaid.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#43075 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>As I pointed out, someone you depend on for information is leaving out large amounts of interest.
That info is from the Congressional Budget Office.

So your admitting that Obamas administration is "cooking the books"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
most wanted 2 hr jenny 2
What does it cost to feed a Catherine's model? 2 hr Important 1
Trump web page on Crooked Hillary 3 hr Stumptown Preacher 5
Worst thieves around? 7 hr SoniA 37
Help Billy find a job 12 hr jenny 2
Moondoggys 12 hr Big Johnson 4
Deleted post 17 hr Tigger 1

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages