Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Boo

Marrakech, Morocco

#42373 Sep 12, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like something up your alley, sweet pea.
We all know you're gay and that's OK for you, but when were you first sexually aroused toward black boys and TSF?

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#42374 Sep 12, 2013
TSF wrote:
As long as I retain the capability of completely destroying all enemies as well as myself , my friends and the rest of civilization, why would I need to bluff? On the other hand, regardless of someone's power, they better not make me afraid because I will make a preemptive strike to alleviate that fear. If it doesn't work out my way, at least I would have company in heaven or whatever.
<quoted text>
Advances in anti-missile capabilities give the lie to your theory. USA has around six thousand nukes.Russia has twelve thousand.The Russians have found that missiles that intercept other missiles are getting cheaper to make, and lasers are cheaper yet.No technology remains inviolate forever.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#42375 Sep 12, 2013
Putin has broken off his foot in Obama's ass again , this time in a New York Times op ed piece.Sucks to be Obama.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#42376 Sep 12, 2013
AFL-CIO sends letter to dems, says Obamacare is destroying healthcare in America.Another brick in the wall....

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#42377 Sep 12, 2013
The resurgence of the right in America continues with the recall of anti-gun democrat senators in Colorado, despite bring hugely OUTSPENT by the left wing maven Bloomberg.....the beat goes on.....
100 Missions

Lexington, NC

#42378 Sep 12, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> in this game, arsenal reduction sends a signal,a dangerous signal.You disagree? The appearance of weakness is enough for a lion to stalk a gazelle.Even if that gazelle can still run a bit......
I know some disagree and don't like the concept, but peace through superior firepower works. That is what kept the world safe during the Cold War. We kept manned interceptors on alert. We had our entire bomber force on constant alert. 9/11 was a success for the terrorist in part because of our having no fighters sitting for scramble. With the old Cold War over some think we can just sit back and relax. I believe in having a strong enough defense to stand off any nation that wishes us ill. Now I know this sounds conflicting with my reluctance to go to war in a hurry. I don't think money better spent on our own country should be wasted in brush wars in the mid east or anywhere else. But we should be strong enough to stand off any direct threat. Build defensive forces, build the economy, put people back to work. Those are the main things to accomplish to make this nation safe and strong.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#42379 Sep 12, 2013
100 Missions wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some disagree and don't like the concept, but peace through superior firepower works. That is what kept the world safe during the Cold War. We kept manned interceptors on alert. We had our entire bomber force on constant alert. 9/11 was a success for the terrorist in part because of our having no fighters sitting for scramble. With the old Cold War over some think we can just sit back and relax. I believe in having a strong enough defense to stand off any nation that wishes us ill. Now I know this sounds conflicting with my reluctance to go to war in a hurry. I don't think money better spent on our own country should be wasted in brush wars in the mid east or anywhere else. But we should be strong enough to stand off any direct threat. Build defensive forces, build the economy, put people back to work. Those are the main things to accomplish to make this nation safe and strong.
Putin is a trained KGB killer.Wonder what he respects? Putin's lack of respect for our president is dangerous for us all. The Russians find Obama's desire to disarm unilaterally amusing....of course.
TSF

Benson, NC

#42380 Sep 12, 2013
Agree EXCEPT: Fighters were airborne on 9.11.01 and in a holding pattern off Long Island, armed , ready, and waiting for orders which never came. HW Bush was having breakfast with a Bin Laden family member, Dubya was doing a pr photo op at a Florida school and Cheany was hiding. But lets pretend that didn't happen and that our present president is worse than that. How much worse than that could anyone get?
100 Missions wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some disagree and don't like the concept, but peace through superior firepower works. That is what kept the world safe during the Cold War. We kept manned interceptors on alert. We had our entire bomber force on constant alert. 9/11 was a success for the terrorist in part because of our having no fighters sitting for scramble. With the old Cold War over some think we can just sit back and relax. I believe in having a strong enough defense to stand off any nation that wishes us ill. Now I know this sounds conflicting with my reluctance to go to war in a hurry. I don't think money better spent on our own country should be wasted in brush wars in the mid east or anywhere else. But we should be strong enough to stand off any direct threat. Build defensive forces, build the economy, put people back to work. Those are the main things to accomplish to make this nation safe and strong.
100 Missions

Lexington, NC

#42381 Sep 12, 2013
TSF wrote:
Agree EXCEPT: Fighters were airborne on 9.11.01 and in a holding pattern off Long Island, armed , ready, and waiting for orders which never came. HW Bush was having breakfast with a Bin Laden family member, Dubya was doing a pr photo op at a Florida school and Cheany was hiding. But lets pretend that didn't happen and that our present president is worse than that. How much worse than that could anyone get?
<quoted text>
Not totally correct.I know that day very well. The fighters that arrived off New York were delayed in getting airborne. They then had typical FAA red tape issues on going through the Mach to speed up their response. The first aircraft in the air were F-15A aircraft from Otis ANG Base in Mass. Later North Dakota Air National Guard F-16 aircraft that were TDY at Langley scrambled. The whole response was caught pants down. The F-16 Wings at Atlantic City and Andrews could have responded faster, but both Wings were in a stand down from alert duty that day.The North Dakota Air Guard aircraft once airborne took up a CAP orbit over D.C. and then responded to the Pa. point to attempt an intercept on the plane that crashed.The D.C. Air Guard then took over the CAP over Washington. Before the day was over additional F-16's from Shaw AFB, SC and F-15's from Langley were in CAP over DC, New York and Atlanta. The California Air Guard was in CAP over L.A. and San Fran. The point is the response was too late, because of our alert stand down that had been evolving since the mid 1990's.
100 Missions

Lexington, NC

#42382 Sep 12, 2013
BTW....none...and I mean none of the initial aircraft that responded were armed. The F-15's from Otis were not armed nor were the F-16's from Langley or Andrews. It wasn't until much later when the 16's from Shaw and 15's from Langley got airborne that any aircraft were armed. This is fact.
TSF

Benson, NC

#42383 Sep 12, 2013
American 11 departed Boston 7:59am, was reported hijacked8:41am, hit the North Tower at 8:46:40

United 175 departed Boston 8:14am, was reported hijacked 8:52am, hit South Tower at 9:03 am

American 77 departed Washington 8:20am, reported hijacked 8:54, hit the pentagon at 9:37:46

Unite 93 departed Newark 8:42am, was hijacked 9:28 am , went in at 10:02

NORAD was called at 9:03 am, 9:13am they ordered the OTIS Fighters OUT OF THE HOLDING PATTERN TO NY . They arrived at NY 9:25 am

Langley fighters were ordered to battle stations at 9:09am, 9:23 Langley scrambled and were airborne at 9:30 am and vectored to BALTIMORE

So Langly fighters took 21 minutes from battle stations to take off and left unarmed? OTIS fighters were unarmed? Why do we need unarmed fighters? Why not just take off in a J-3 cub and ride around? Wouldn't have mattered anyway. Fire oders didn't transmit until 10:14 am. The whole thing was over. Cheany and Dubya were safe. Next day, Bin Laden family jet was the only civil aircraft flying--- to get the Bin Ladens out of the USA. Who allowed that to happen?
Taxpayer

Camden, NC

#42384 Sep 12, 2013
TSF wrote:
There is little difference between communist minded liberals and Kommunist minded republikans. The commie republikans want welfare for the rich. The dems want welfare for the poor. Either way, same result -- I pay. I am actually glad the republikans fell for the ruse and refuse to make a military strike. They hate Obama more than they love war. This way, our bankruptcy can be at least delayed without the borrowing of billions more dollars to help terrorist fight terrorist. That is unless Obama goes power mad like Dubya (the "war president" ) did and orders the military to strike anyway.
<quoted text>
Even though your communist US thinks they are in charge of humanity the reality is they are not. In your imaginary world the toothless media supports your spit ball shooting president. They actually think their words are supreme and final. Kerry and McCain keep dancing in a parade trying to influence a congress which is neither conservative nor moral but nevertheless war weary. The once drug addict now United Socialist leader cannot fight against Vladimir Putin who brought Russia from poverty in the 90's to a more stable economy today. Obama's buffoonery selling the war against Syria has hit a wall thanks to President Putin's firm stance and leadership. You people are nothing more then half a&& Communist want-to be's.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#42385 Sep 12, 2013
Everybody says"the American People want this","the American People want that", its beginning to seem, more and more, as though the only thing the American People want is drugs, internet , sex and free everything.
TSF

Benson, NC

#42386 Sep 12, 2013
Those of you who continually support welfare to the rich are full fledged communist. Putin didn't stop the Syria strike, the republican congress did. When republikans were already threatening to stop paying the military personnel with government shut down.. if it isnt' important enough to even pay our troops, it is doubtful that they would be motivated in a strike. It is and has been clear republikans will not support a strike simply because Obama does support it.. Putin is just taking the credit, to make himself look like a peace maker. Obama put off the vote because he already knew the outcome. I am thankful for the strike being avoided, regardless of the reasons. It will save a lot of money and lives.
It is kind of embarrassing to have Putin's foot up the asses of congress and the president. This kind of illustrates a concept that Ben Franklin expressed: "We will hang together or we will most assuredly hang separately." Looks like it is starting to happen, figuratively anyway..
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though your communist US thinks they are in charge of humanity the reality is they are not. In your imaginary world the toothless media supports your spit ball shooting president. They actually think their words are supreme and final. Kerry and McCain keep dancing in a parade trying to influence a congress which is neither conservative nor moral but nevertheless war weary. The once drug addict now United Socialist leader cannot fight against Vladimir Putin who brought Russia from poverty in the 90's to a more stable economy today. Obama's buffoonery selling the war against Syria has hit a wall thanks to President Putin's firm stance and leadership. You people are nothing more then half a&& Communist want-to be's.
100 Missions

Lexington, NC

#42387 Sep 12, 2013
TSF wrote:
American 11 departed Boston 7:59am, was reported hijacked8:41am, hit the North Tower at 8:46:40
United 175 departed Boston 8:14am, was reported hijacked 8:52am, hit South Tower at 9:03 am
American 77 departed Washington 8:20am, reported hijacked 8:54, hit the pentagon at 9:37:46
Unite 93 departed Newark 8:42am, was hijacked 9:28 am , went in at 10:02
NORAD was called at 9:03 am, 9:13am they ordered the OTIS Fighters OUT OF THE HOLDING PATTERN TO NY . They arrived at NY 9:25 am
Langley fighters were ordered to battle stations at 9:09am, 9:23 Langley scrambled and were airborne at 9:30 am and vectored to BALTIMORE
So Langly fighters took 21 minutes from battle stations to take off and left unarmed? OTIS fighters were unarmed? Why do we need unarmed fighters? Why not just take off in a J-3 cub and ride around? Wouldn't have mattered anyway. Fire oders didn't transmit until 10:14 am. The whole thing was over. Cheany and Dubya were safe. Next day, Bin Laden family jet was the only civil aircraft flying--- to get the Bin Ladens out of the USA. Who allowed that to happen?
Yep.The first fighters in the air and part of the second launch was unarmed. The first 2 Pilots from the 113th Fighter Wing of the D.C. Air Guard formed a plan to ram any aircraft if they had to do so. They were unarmed because as I said we had scaled down our Defense Alert drastically since 1995. Our air defense had been designed to intercept manned bombers and this was no longer seen as a threat. I was at Shaw AFB at the time. The 20th Fighter Wing got elements airborne over the next few hours as did almost all fighter units throughout the Air Force, Reserve and Air Guard. Naval Air even got in the action with F-14s from Oceana doing coastal patrol. Over the next several weeks Noble Eagle grew. We were over almost all major cities, powerplants and sea ports. Over time it scaled down due to threat reduction and costs. However, Noble Eagle is still in effect pretty much. When the threat level goes up so do the fighters. Also CAP operations are flown over sporting events and other venues that may have a large crowd. Just to add the first and only civilian aircraft allowed to fly for a few days was the Civil Air Patrol. They flew recon missions over New York and D.C. For those that don't know the Civil Air Patrol is the civilian auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force.
100 Missions

Lexington, NC

#42388 Sep 12, 2013
I checked on the DC Air Guard pilots that formed a plan to ram flight 93 if they had to. They had been scrambled from Andrews as I said unarmed. The two pilots were Colonel Marc Sasseville and 1/Lt. Heather Penny. I think Colonel Sasseville may be retired now I am not sure. But the last I heard Penny is now a Major maybe a Lt. Colonel and flies a C-21 with the D.C. Air Guard.
100 Missions

Lexington, NC

#42389 Sep 13, 2013
Just learned this am that Sasseville is not retired yet. He is a Brigader General and now Commands the 113th Wing, D.C. Air Guard.
State of Denial

Charlotte, NC

#42390 Sep 13, 2013
TSF wrote:
Those of you who continually support welfare to the rich are full fledged communist. Putin didn't stop the Syria strike, the republican congress did. When republikans were already threatening to stop paying the military personnel with government shut down.. if it isnt' important enough to even pay our troops, it is doubtful that they would be motivated in a strike. It is and has been clear republikans will not support a strike simply because Obama does support it.. Putin is just taking the credit, to make himself look like a peace maker. Obama put off the vote because he already knew the outcome. I am thankful for the strike being avoided, regardless of the reasons. It will save a lot of money and lives.
It is kind of embarrassing to have Putin's foot up the asses of congress and the president. This kind of illustrates a concept that Ben Franklin expressed: "We will hang together or we will most assuredly hang separately." Looks like it is starting to happen, figuratively anyway..
<quoted text>
It's a new conspiracy theory everyday with you.

How about thinking outside the box, but not crazy outside the box. You grouch if republicans don't support the president and you complain if they do. Stop the fence straddling.

Maybe the bozo in the white house and those in congress finally see the writing on the wall. This country is war weary. No conspiracy there. Obama isn't getting support from the democrats either. You must be the lone independent supporting the president and your reasoning is because the republicans didn't support him, thus it's just to make him look bad. He's managed to make a jackass out of himself without the help of either party.

His reasoning is as skewed as yours. He has cut back on military spending, bringing home troops (with no jobs might I add), and he wants to engage in another war? WTH?

You tell me if, does he make any sense? He can't even muster up allies from other countries because they know it's too costly and the end result will be as we're finding out with the other middle eastern countries, it won't matter. They always have and always will fight each other.

If you don't like war as you claim, what difference does it make which party won't support a needless war?

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#42391 Sep 13, 2013
Obama tells his cabinet, don't worry about intentional issues, concentrate on domestic issues.For instance, health care.AFL-CIO has abandoned its support of the insane Obamacare plan.More and more people are finding that the cost of the health care premiums will be ruinous.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#42392 Sep 13, 2013
Also in the news, Californians have decided that the best way to save their shattered economy is to...raise the minimum wage to ten dollars an hour?? Rick Perry says,"Thanks" idiots! As more panicked California companies, already awash in regulations and overtaxed to boot, see Texas as the answer to their prayers...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
oxygen is racist (Jan '16) 3 hr Ook McEekington 2
bear hunting with dogs (Jan '09) 10 hr Deborah H 35
News WNC sees unease over corporal punishment (Apr '08) 12 hr Kathy Cook 204
Billy Crowe Thu picture perfect 11
Legend Deon Pressley Thu Ghostofghost 10
Bj Sanders 32..any information Thu Nasty 4
Janet Lewis Thu Jizer 5

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages