Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#41168 Jul 21, 2013
State of Florida, I believe I have answered the question as to whether the Martin family should file a civil lawsuit 3 times now. would you be so kind as to make a mental note of that?
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#41169 Jul 21, 2013
Yes, I remember the Simpson trial. When he was acquitted, did the president undermine the validity of his trial? Did drunken bands of white persons break windows, steal electronics and beat the hell out of black people who were totally unconnected to OJ? No? I didn't think so. Our justice system is at times flawed, but it works better than drunken mob decisions. If a civil trial is filed, so be it. Let that process take place also. When they lose, welcome another opportunity to rampage and steal. Then wax and complain philosophically about why others do not trust you and think your "concern" is totally insincere..
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
The operative words in your post are "want to". Nobody wants to lynch George Zimmerman by hanging him in a tree. In the same legal system you defend, it is the right of people to bring additional charges if they wish. Is that hard to understand? Did you cry when the Goldman family brought civil charges against OJ Simpson for the murder of Nicole? I don't think so. What is the difference? Civil charges are brought up all the time. That is a right that all people have.
stats

Wake Forest, NC

#41170 Jul 21, 2013
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#41171 Jul 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
State of Florida, I believe I have answered the question as to whether the Martin family should file a civil lawsuit 3 times now. would you be so kind as to make a mental note of that?
You kept insisting that the Dept. of Justice had to do it. That is not true. Now we are clear on this. The Martin family will not have to worry about paying for a legal defense. They will be well funded, just as both parties were in the original trial. Zimmerman will be well funded as well if a Civil suit is filed.
Good Advise

Sweden

#41172 Jul 21, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
You kept insisting that the Dept. of Justice had to do it. That is not true. Now we are clear on this. The Martin family will not have to worry about paying for a legal defense. They will be well funded, just as both parties were in the original trial. Zimmerman will be well funded as well if a Civil suit is filed.
You're better off debating with a brick wall than with bipolar waco the whacko. He's the flip flop village idiot of topix. He'll steal and conjure up multiple moniker names, including yours. The fool is a mentally disturbed troubled troll. The best advise anyone can give you is to just ignore the internet imp.
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#41173 Jul 21, 2013
The penalty for losing in civil trials is only money. Zimmerman doesn't even have the money to pay his attorneys now. So what is the point? OJ lost and still hasn't paid because he doesn't have the money. Martin is already being "honored" by looting, stealing , smashing and assaulting innocent people. This dishonors Martin and deepens mistrust of black in general. Problem is that most of them are too stupid to understand that.
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>

“Vote”

Houston

#41174 Jul 21, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the Martins have to pay for a legal defense?

“Vote”

Houston

#41175 Jul 21, 2013
Good Advise wrote:
<quoted text>You're better off debating with a brick wall than with bipolar waco the whacko. He's the flip flop village idiot of topix. He'll steal and conjure up multiple moniker names, including yours. The fool is a mentally disturbed troubled troll. The best advise anyone can give you is to just ignore the internet imp.
I believe this post speaks for itself.Who signs in? Me.The other person"good advise", gosh I wonder who that is.
Dang

Greer, SC

#41176 Jul 21, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they will be well funded by the royalties from trade marking their son's name. Of course, it will all be in the name of justice.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#41177 Jul 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Why would the Martins have to pay for a legal defense?
To pay the lawyers working on their civil case. They don't do it for free, at least none that I know. The state does not handle civil cases.

“Vote”

Houston

#41178 Jul 21, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
To pay the lawyers working on their civil case. They don't do it for free, at least none that I know. The state does not handle civil cases.
From what I have been told by some attorneys a civil case against Zimmerman proving that he violated Martins rights would be almost impossible to succeed.I didn't ask if the losing team has to pay the legal fees of the winners.

“Vote”

Houston

#41179 Jul 21, 2013
Litigation is the lifeblood of America.I don't say this with pride, and I'm not referencing the Zimmerman/Martin debacle.
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#41180 Jul 21, 2013
Usually, when someone files a lawsuit, the complaint contains a request for legal fees. Then the defendant files a counter suit asking for damages caused by the suit and asking for legal fees. In this particular case, neither the complainant nor the defendant have that kind of money. Unless others are willing to give money to attorneys, it will go nowhere.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> From what I have been told by some attorneys a civil case against Zimmerman proving that he violated Martins rights would be almost impossible to succeed.I didn't ask if the losing team has to pay the legal fees of the winners.
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#41181 Jul 21, 2013
Because of the certain to come counterclaims from the defendant. If they do not defend them, they are defaulted, which means they lose and have to pay if they lose. Its a neat trick attorneys use to lock everyone into the case. The complainant almost always also becomes a defendant in reverse.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Why would the Martins have to pay for a legal defense?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#41182 Jul 21, 2013
I saw Trayvon's dad on TV asking for everyone to stop the protesting and the violence so they could bury their son in peace and move on with their lives. It didn't sound as if they were even pushing for a civil trial! Sounds to me it's the media and the ambulance chasing attorneys that are pushing the issue. 1) the media, especially MSNBC & CNN, needs the ratings and 2) the attorneys are looking for a paycheck! George was found innocent due to FL's stand your ground law, he admitted to killing him, but out of self defense. Proving a civil case based on racism will be nearly impossible due to the lack of evidence. OJ wasn't acquitted due to CA's stand your ground law and their was no self defense argument. The comparison of the cases is apples and oranges.
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#41183 Jul 22, 2013
NC teachers will get their arrow up the patootie this week compliments of the republikan state legislature ,when it votes to end teacher tenure. It really is just symbolic of republican contempt for teachers because there are already 25 reasons NC teachers can be fired, including incompetence, immorality , etc.. The only thing tenure requires is that individuals be given a reason for their dismissal. Now they can just say "your are fired" and give no reason. Hopefully all teachers will be able to remember this at the next election.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#41184 Jul 22, 2013
TSF wrote:
NC teachers will get their arrow up the patootie this week compliments of the republikan state legislature ,when it votes to end teacher tenure. It really is just symbolic of republican contempt for teachers because there are already 25 reasons NC teachers can be fired, including incompetence, immorality , etc.. The only thing tenure requires is that individuals be given a reason for their dismissal. Now they can just say "your are fired" and give no reason. Hopefully all teachers will be able to remember this at the next election.
The general public does not support teacher tenure because it's been used to allow incompetent teachers to continue to teach. Please explain why you think it's necessary.
waco1909

Greer, SC

#41185 Jul 22, 2013
Tenure promotes mediocrity.
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#41186 Jul 22, 2013
If cases of incompetent teachers exist, it isn't because of tenure protections. If you will check with present NC DOE written policy, you will see incompetence as one of the long list of reasons a teacher can be fired. So if an incompetent teacher is allowed to continue employment, it would be because of an incompetent or negligent administrator. On the other hand, firing teachers for arbitrary and capricious reasons has been a serious past problem. As with most regulations , a serious problem is the reason tenure was established in the first place. The only basic policy difference between tenured teachers and non tenured teachers is that you have to state the reason for the dismissal if the tenured teacher is fired. In the non tenured case, the individual doesn't even have the right to ask why they were dismissed. Usually, its just "Your contract has not been renewed. Goodbye ." Not liking their shoes, failing to inflate the grades for a school board member's child or failing to drop their drawers on request , any reason, doesn't matter, they cannot even ask.
If you cannot understand the reasons for establishment of tenure in the first place, further explanations to you would be futile.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>The general public does not support teacher tenure because it's been used to allow incompetent teachers to continue to teach. Please explain why you think it's necessary.
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#41187 Jul 22, 2013
So firing experienced, competent teachers so you can hire your niece or cousin doesn't promote incompetence? Firing the principal because your campaign manager's wife needs a job promotes excellence? Nepotism ( one of the main reasons tenure was established in the first place) has been a serious past problem and still exists but much more subtly since tenure was established. So when the republikans are voted out in the next election, the newly elected democrats fire all the republican teachers, principals and superintendents. I CAN SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT. Why do you think tenure was invented in the first place?
waco1909 wrote:
Tenure promotes mediocrity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The bad neighborhood 6 hr Tammy 6
Boycott Sonic Devil worshopers (Dec '12) 8 hr Juju 31
Chowtime pizza 8 hr BubuBubba Barnes 5
Christian Elliott 10 hr A-ville 1
Rebecca webb (Jun '15) 14 hr Rlw 5
Hampton Inn Marion NC 14 hr Inquisitive 5
Sex at westrock 15 hr tellthetruth 11

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance