Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#40613 Jun 23, 2013
TSF wrote:
I'll just pick one out. For instance the pay day lender bill which passed this week. Interest rates were raised to 30% and late fees added. Speaker of the house and others got money to push that, governor got money to sign it. Presto, it is law. It should be obvious HOW they are corrupt. Legislation for money. Government for sale. These people are traitors. They should be publically tarred , feathered and then stoned.
<quoted text>
No one has to borrow from a pay day lender. People who use them are very bad credit risks and the loans are unsecured. That's why the interest rates are so high.
six pack Joe

Candler, NC

#40614 Jun 24, 2013
I had me a loan from a payday loan company. Interest was way high but shoot I needed the cash bad. Ever time I almost had it paid off they'd call and ask me if I needed more money. Finally I got ahead and paid it off all at one time. But like nobody made me get the loan. Got it myself and paid that sucker off. My wife make good money but we don't do the account sharing thing. She has her money and I got mine. I work at the Aldi and since I'm the man I pay the main bills.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40615 Jun 24, 2013
You sound like a friend who used to say " Its a sin to allow suckers to keep their money." He would lend $100 until the next pay day for them to pay back $110. They were soon hooked and after 10 cycles of this, he was lending them their own money.
We understand the game. That's why the speaker of the house, key legislators and the governor got "contributions" to introduce the bill, put it on the floor, pass it and have the governor sign it.
The big crooks are not the pay day lenders. Its the governor, speaker and legislators who got paid to make this legal. Selling our democracy is the most serious crime I can imagine. Were it up to me, they would get a death penalty, with no appeal for being convicted out of prejudice against politicians.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>No one has to borrow from a pay day lender. People who use them are very bad credit risks and the loans are unsecured. That's why the interest rates are so high.
waco1909

Austin, TX

#40616 Jun 24, 2013
six pack Joe wrote:
I had me a loan from a payday loan company. Interest was way high but shoot I needed the cash bad. Ever time I almost had it paid off they'd call and ask me if I needed more money. Finally I got ahead and paid it off all at one time. But like nobody made me get the loan. Got it myself and paid that sucker off. My wife make good money but we don't do the account sharing thing. She has her money and I got mine. I work at the Aldi and since I'm the man I pay the main bills.
That's the white thing to do is pay off your debts,like all good l\liggers should do,homie.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40617 Jun 24, 2013
Paying off also helps to avoid a broken arm. Accidents can happen when you don't pay.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>That's the white thing to do is pay off your debts,like all good l\liggers should do,homie.
allen martel ho

Asheville, NC

#40618 Jun 24, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>That's the white thing to do is pay off your debts,like all good l\liggers should do,homie.
looky I'm at it again, pretending to be Waco!! Ain't I smart?!?! I'm the bomb!!
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40619 Jun 24, 2013
TSF wrote:
You sound like a friend who used to say " Its a sin to allow suckers to keep their money." He would lend $100 until the next pay day for them to pay back $110. They were soon hooked and after 10 cycles of this, he was lending them their own money.
We understand the game. That's why the speaker of the house, key legislators and the governor got "contributions" to introduce the bill, put it on the floor, pass it and have the governor sign it.
The big crooks are not the pay day lenders. Its the governor, speaker and legislators who got paid to make this legal. Selling our democracy is the most serious crime I can imagine. Were it up to me, they would get a death penalty, with no appeal for being convicted out of prejudice against politicians.
<quoted text>
What is your point? "Loan sharks" have been around a while, no one has to use them. You make claims that you can not possibly back up because you never do, so prove the contributions or go to the corner and be quiet.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40620 Jun 24, 2013
TSF wrote:
Paying off also helps to avoid a broken arm. Accidents can happen when you don't pay.
<quoted text>
Voice of experience?
Term Limits

Huntersville, NC

#40621 Jun 24, 2013
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Yes, and i DID vote, not as a Republican BTW. As for the "mindless", yet where are you? Oh yeah, HERE.
So, you are saying that you voted against Virginia Foxx or Patrick McHenry (whatever the case)in the last election in the interest of term limits for Representatives?
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40622 Jun 24, 2013
The point is the republican corruption in Raleigh
__________
Amended Report from Speaker Thom Tillis Reveals
Large Donations from Industry He Helped
A revised campaign disclosure report filed by House Speaker Thom Tillis earlier this month reveals that he received more than $20,000 last October from a special-interest group whose priority legislation he pushed through the House despite stiff opposition from consumer advocates and the United States military.
The campaign contributions came from 28 donors and two political action committees associated with the consumer finance industry that specializes in small loans for buying automobiles, household goods and personal emergencies. The fees and interest rates that loan companies charge customers are regulated by the NC General Assembly.
Blanton is the chief executive officer of Time Investment Corporation, which owns a chain of small loan offices based in Greenville. She was identified twice on the Tillis report as simple a “homemaker”– once for the $1,562.42 she donated for the fundraising event’s expenses and once for her contribution of $2,000. The event brought in more than $30,000 for the Tillis campaign, including $20,762 from the consumer loan industry donors. See a chart of the October fundraiser’s donors at:
http://www.democracy-nc.org/downloads/TillisF...
The industry has tried for years to increase the interest rates applicable to different loan levels. It finally succeeded in passing a bill with the increases through the House in 2011. According to news accounts, Tillis met privately with several wavering Republican legislators before a crucial vote and convinced them to ignore opposition from top officials at Fort Bragg and other bases who said the bill (H-810) would hurt military families.
The bill is now in the state Senate awaiting possible action in the short session. It adds new fees and raises the ceiling on interest rates on various loan amounts, in some cases doubling the interest charge. For background on the bill, see
http://www.democracy-nc.org/downloads/Consume...
In an earlier report, Democracy North Carolina documented how the industry shifted strategy in mid 2010 and began giving nearly all its campaign money to Republican legislative leaders and Republican candidates opposing Democratic incumbents. After June 1, 2010, industry-related donors gave $129,000 to Republican candidates, more than seven times the $17,400 contributed to Democrats. The industry total for the 2010 election ($172,320) was more than twice its giving in any previous election: http://www.democracy-nc.org/downloads/ConsFin...
He received a total of $35,012 for the two years, 2010-2011 from two PACs and more than 30 individuals affiliated with consumer loan financing.
On his amended report for the last half of 2011, Tillis still has “information requested” as the only description for the occupational affiliation of 40 of his individual donors. His original report used that answer for 99 donations.
“The mistakes in disclosure and pattern of muscling through legislation for a major money supplier are sadly similar to the pay-to-play tactics of the last House Speaker from Mecklenburg County,” said Bob Hall, executive director of Democracy North “Mr. Tillis and other Republicans promised they would end the pay-to-play culture in Raleigh and create a new era of transparency and accountability,” said Hall.“They need to get busy delivering on that promise. Unfortunately, it looks like they’ve fallen into a bad pattern of saying one thing and doing another.”
Contributions from Consumer Finance Industry Donors to Tillis, Stam and Berger
2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Total
Rep. Thom Tillis $ 0 $ 500 $ 0 $ 0 $13,250 $21,762 $35,512
Rep. Paul Stam $ 0 $ 0 $ 0 $ 0 $13,950 $ 7,000 $20,950
Sen. Phil Berger $2,950 $ 0 $1,600 $1,000 $17,250 $11,350 $34,150
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40623 Jun 24, 2013
Term Limits wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are saying that you voted against Virginia Foxx or Patrick McHenry (whatever the case)in the last election in the interest of term limits for Representatives?
Was that the topic, no, the topic was term limits for all politicians. One vote does not institute term limits. Who I voted for is none of your or anyone else's business. I really thought about answering your question, but it's my right not to explain how I vote for MY representatives. Go back to the original question and then have a conversation instead of being nosy of how people vote.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40624 Jun 24, 2013
Tis is just from the loan companies

Mecklenburg Democrat, which triggered an extensive state and federal investigation and Black’s eventual felony conviction on charges of bribery, public corruption and obstruction of justice.
“Mr. Tillis and other Republicans promised they would end the pay-to-play culture in Raleigh and create a new era of transparency and accountability,” said Hall.“They need to get busy delivering on that promise. Unfortunately, it looks like they’ve fallen into a bad pattern of saying one thing and doing another.”
Contributions from Consumer Finance Industry Donors to Tillis, Stam and Berger
2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Total
Rep. Thom Tillis $ 0 $ 500 $ 0 $ 0 $13,250 $21,762 $35,512
Rep. Paul Stam $ 0 $ 0 $ 0 $ 0 $13,950 $ 7,000 $20,950
Sen. Phil Berger $2,950 $ 0 $1,600 $1,000 $17,250 $11,350 $34,150
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40625 Jun 24, 2013
How do you spell corruption? r-e-p-u-b-l-I-k-a-n

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#40626 Jun 24, 2013
TSF wrote:
How do you spell corruption? r-e-p-u-b-l-I-k-a-n
You are such a bore!
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40628 Jun 24, 2013
TSF wrote:
The point is the republican corruption in Raleigh
__________
Amended Report from Speaker Thom Tillis Reveals
Large Donations from Industry He Helped
A revised campaign disclosure report filed by House Speaker Thom Tillis earlier this month reveals that he received more than $20,000 last October from a special-interest group whose priority legislation he pushed through the House despite stiff opposition from consumer advocates and the United States military.
The campaign contributions came from 28 donors and two political action committees associated with the consumer finance industry that specializes in small loans for buying automobiles, household goods and personal emergencies. The fees and interest rates that loan companies charge customers are regulated by the NC General Assembly.
Blanton is the chief executive officer of Time Investment Corporation, which owns a chain of small loan offices based in Greenville. She was identified twice on the Tillis report as simple a “homemaker”– once for the $1,562.42 she donated for the fundraising event’s expenses and once for her contribution of $2,000. The event brought in more than $30,000 for the Tillis campaign, including $20,762 from the consumer loan industry donors. See a chart of the October fundraiser’s donors at:
http://www.democracy-nc.org/downloads/TillisF...
The industry has tried for years to increase the interest rates applicable to different loan levels. It finally succeeded in passing a bill with the increases through the House in 2011. According to news accounts, Tillis met privately with several wavering Republican legislators before a crucial vote and convinced them to ignore opposition from top officials at Fort Bragg and other bases who said the bill (H-810) would hurt military families.
The bill is now in the state Senate awaiting possible action in the short session. It adds new fees and raises the ceiling on interest rates on various loan amounts, in some cases doubling the interest charge. For background on the bill, see
http://www.democracy-nc.org/downloads/Consume...
In an earlier report, Democracy North Carolina documented how the industry shifted strategy in mid 2010 and began giving nearly all its campaign money to Republican legislative leaders and Republican candidates opposing Democratic incumbents. After June 1, 2010, industry-related donors gave $129,000 to Republican candidates, more than seven times the $17,400 contributed to Democrats. The industry total for the 2010 election ($172,320) was more than twice its giving in any previous election: http://www.democracy-nc.org/downloads/ConsFin...
He received a total of $35,012 for the two years, 2010-2011 from two PACs and more than 30 individuals affiliated with consumer loan financing.
Now you can go and check out the last Gov. and her cronies from Morganton, never mind I'll do that for you as well. "Beverly Eaves "Bev" Perdue[4](born Beverly Marlene Moore; January 14, 1947)[5] is an American politician and member of the Democratic Party who served as the 73rd Governor of the U.S. state of North Carolina. She was the first female governor of North Carolina.
Perdue started her political career in the 1980s, serving in the North Carolina House of Representatives. She then served five terms in the North Carolina Senate before she was elected as the 32nd Lieutenant Governor of North Carolina. Perdue was elected to the office of Governor of North Carolina in 2008 against then-Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory by a 50-46 margin. Her 2008 gubernatorial campaign is under both State and Federal investigation, and was fined $30,000 in 2010.[6] When Hillary Clinton dropped out of the 2008 presidential race, The New York Times mentioned Perdue as a potential future presidential candidate.[7]" TERM LIMITS
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40629 Jun 24, 2013
Beverly Eaves "Bev" Perdue[4](born Beverly Marlene Moore; January 14, 1947)[5] is an American politician and member of the Democratic Party who served as the 73rd Governor of the U.S. state of North Carolina. She was the first female governor of North Carolina.

Perdue started her political career in the 1980s, serving in the North Carolina House of Representatives. She then served five terms in the North Carolina Senate before she was elected as the 32nd Lieutenant Governor of North Carolina. Perdue was elected to the office of Governor of North Carolina in 2008 against then-Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory by a 50-46 margin. Her 2008 gubernatorial campaign is under both State and Federal investigation, and was fined $30,000 in 2010.[6] When Hillary Clinton dropped out of the 2008 presidential race, The New York Times mentioned Perdue as a potential future presidential candidate.[7]
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40630 Jun 24, 2013
On October 22, 2010, Perdue revealed that her 2008 campaign was under State and Federal investigation. Federal authorities looked into 41 confirmed private flights Perdue took dating back to 2005, which her campaign did not report until 2009. The state Board of Elections in August fined Perdue's campaign $30,000 for the flights aboard campaign donors' planes but concluded that the Perdue Committee did not intentionally violate the law.[6] Perdue and representatives of her campaign have maintained that there was never any intent to conceal the flights, some of which might have violated state limits on contributions to candidates. Rather, they have said, the campaign had "a flawed system for recording flights," and the trips were not discovered until an audit of campaign records was conducted in 2009.[46]

After the election Peter Reichard, a Greensboro businessman who served as the Perdue campaign's finance director, was charged with obstruction of justice. Reichard has been a key player in the gubernatorial campaigns of Perdue and her predecessor, Mike Easley, both Democrats. Reichard served as Easley's finance director for his 2000 gubernatorial campaign.[47]
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40631 Jun 24, 2013
TSF wrote:
How do you spell corruption? r-e-p-u-b-l-I-k-a-n
a-n-d D-e-m-o-c-r-a-t. TERM LIMITS
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40633 Jun 24, 2013
We agree on term limits . It should be limited to one term. Make it more expensive to buy our politicians by replacing them each term.
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>a-n-d D-e-m-o-c-r-a-t. TERM LIMITS
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40635 Jun 25, 2013
Oh ,the outrage. Now we find that the IRS has been targeting liberal groups with their "BOLO" lists (be on the look out). Words like progressive, medical marijuana, occupy, health care legislation triggered investigations into the tax exempt applications. This is outrageous. What will the neoconazis complain about now?
Do you think they investigated governor McCorey's $50,000 dollar membership organizations with its $10,000 dollar diner "non-profit" budget retreat?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Blacks so Racist? (Oct '12) 1 hr GroidDroid 162
New coach 1 hr titan 16
miss you 2 hr My nightmare 63
Thirty something guy looking 3 hr Thirty Something 21
Mark Harkleroad 7 hr Stupid aint pretty 4
Faith Tabernacle Church (Aug '12) 8 hr Linda 66
david helms (Aug '10) Wed coventry 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages