raped & pregnant - THANK GOD
dear open minded

Marion, NC

#188 Nov 19, 2012
Open Minded wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the death penalty have anything to do with abortion? Haha, the death penalty is a punishment for GROWN men and woman who have murder others! And were talking about an unborn child being sucked through a tube. I never said I was pro for the death penalty.. but its quite ignorant of you to compare a crime that a grown person commits (who has had a chance to live life but MURDERED somebody and was killed), rather than an unborn baby (who hasn't had any chance to live and grow, but was killed because the mother is irresponsible?), no... You've made no point in your comment.
This entire thread was based on the fact the a stupid white male politician said that if a woman became pregnant due to an act of violence on her (this would be rape and incest) that God would have planned that pregnancy. After all this discussion, where do you get off saying that a women chooses to abort because she is irresponsible? What a sexist and disgusting thing to say.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#189 Nov 19, 2012
literal wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been clear as a bell - you ultimately support a woman's right to choose --just like the majority of Americans.
I support the rights of inocent babies to live.
clear as a bell

Marion, NC

#190 Nov 20, 2012
OlFortpreacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I support the rights of inocent babies to live.
You support whatever. If you had 13 year old daughter get pregnant, if your wife had a fetus with trisomy 18, if your sister got raped and pregnant - they would be the innocent baby whose rights you would support. You ain't been there- so stay out of anyone else's business. You're such a self righteous moron.

Location hidden

#191 Nov 20, 2012
clear as a bell wrote:
<quoted text>
You support whatever. If you had 13 year old daughter get pregnant, if your wife had a fetus with trisomy 18, if your sister got raped and pregnant - they would be the innocent baby whose rights you would support. You ain't been there- so stay out of anyone else's business. You're such a self righteous moron.
You don't know where I've been. 20 years ago when I was a senior in high school I was the father of an autistic son. It would have been easy to have an abortion, but it wouldn't be right.
clear as a bell

Marion, NC

#192 Nov 21, 2012
OlFortpreacher wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know where I've been. 20 years ago when I was a senior in high school I was the father of an autistic son. It would have been easy to have an abortion, but it wouldn't be right.
It might have been easy to have an abortion back then. There were a heck of a lot more abortion providers and it was paid for by medicaid - all you needed was a doctor's note.
That was the right choice for you as was your choice not to use a condom. This was the right choice for you. It would not be the right choice for everyone. You just can't stop judging the world based on your personal views.

Location hidden

#193 Nov 22, 2012
clear as a bell wrote:
<quoted text>
It might have been easy to have an abortion back then. There were a heck of a lot more abortion providers and it was paid for by medicaid - all you needed was a doctor's note.
That was the right choice for you as was your choice not to use a condom. This was the right choice for you. It would not be the right choice for everyone. You just can't stop judging the world based on your personal views.
First of all , here's a news flash for ya: Condoms fail. And when they do a real life baby is formed in the womb of the mother. You may understand this statement to be judgmental but its not. In fact it is nothing more than a statement of truth. It's an uncomfortable truth to those who want to dispose of these babies.
Why?

Lincolnton, NC

#194 Nov 22, 2012
OlFortpreacher wrote:
<quoted text>First of all , here's a news flash for ya: Condoms fail. And when they do a real life baby is formed in the womb of the mother. You may understand this statement to be judgmental but its not. In fact it is nothing more than a statement of truth. It's an uncomfortable truth to those who want to dispose of these babies.
. Why don't you just give it up Old Fort Preacher? We have heard your opinions. We have heard your story... Toot toot... I will toot your horn for you. Now let it rest, everyone has the right to their own opinion and rights. Stop trying to pull the whole world to your side of the fence. That is not going to happen. Every situation has a different reaction. This thread is old. Let it go. I am sure you are blue in the face by now.
clear as a bell

Marion, NC

#195 Nov 22, 2012
OlFortpreacher wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all , here's a news flash for ya: Condoms fail. And when they do a real life baby is formed in the womb of the mother. You may understand this statement to be judgmental but its not. In fact it is nothing more than a statement of truth. It's an uncomfortable truth to those who want to dispose of these babies.
Yeah, we all know your sad story of fornication and resultant autistic child. Hey, thanks for sharing again and again.

Abstinence is 100% effective - you SHOULD HAVE chosen that method - you know, waiting until you're married, or at least waiting for a better method of not impregnating your girlfriend.

I AM being judgmental and happy to do it for selfish self-righteous jerks like you.

Location hidden

#196 Nov 23, 2012
OlFortpreacher wrote:
<quoted text>
CDC quotes a 2% failure rate for condoms when used correctly. Condoms don't fail so much as people fail to use them correctly.
who cares

Marion, NC

#197 Nov 23, 2012
doctor who is in wrote:
<quoted text>
CDC quotes a 2% failure rate for condoms when used correctly. Condoms don't fail so much as people fail to use them correctly.
dont think rapist uses condoms - duh

Location hidden

#198 Nov 23, 2012
clear as a bell wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we all know your sad story of fornication and resultant autistic child. Hey, thanks for sharing again and again.
Abstinence is 100% effective - you SHOULD HAVE chosen that method - you know, waiting until you're married, or at least waiting for a better method of not impregnating your girlfriend.
I AM being judgmental and happy to do it for selfish self-righteous jerks like you.
I don't understand the selfish or self-righteous comment. I admit to my moral failures, I've had many. That's far from self-righteous. I only told my story because I was accused of not having an understanding of situations in regard to unwanted pregnancy. I was just saying I've been there, and I wasn't selfish. It would have been selfish to abort my son and live my life as if it never happened. I hope you feel good about yourself for your rant at my and my sons expense. I will continue to debate these issues respectfully. If that bothers you don't read my posts. I apologize if you are some how offended because I disagree with you, but my opinions and points of view are just as valid as yours.
hey buddy

Marion, NC

#199 Nov 24, 2012
OlFortpreacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand the selfish or self-righteous comment. I admit to my moral failures, I've had many. That's far from self-righteous. I only told my story because I was accused of not having an understanding of situations in regard to unwanted pregnancy. I was just saying I've been there, and I wasn't selfish. It would have been selfish to abort my son and live my life as if it never happened. I hope you feel good about yourself for your rant at my and my sons expense. I will continue to debate these issues respectfully. If that bothers you don't read my posts. I apologize if you are some how offended because I disagree with you, but my opinions and points of view are just as valid as yours.
no offense taken bud. you should stop tooting your little horn bout how you feel you did the moral and right thing to get a girl pregnant and forever change her life. Yur the one putting yur child out there - a stupid and selfish thing to do - just to justify yourself and make yourself look like some kind of great sacrificing hero. You must feel terrible guilt to have to keep unhauling that baggage on a forum where you have made yurself public. Wht you did is irrelevant to the conversation -- but hey you keep bringing it up. Then yur mad when you get a response. I aint done nothing like that and never even needed to consider abortion YET I will leave those options to those who need to make them for whatever reason.
Great Job

Lincolnton, NC

#200 Nov 24, 2012
OlFortpreacher wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand the selfish or self-righteous comment. I admit to my moral failures, I've had many. That's far from self-righteous. I only told my story because I was accused of not having an understanding of situations in regard to unwanted pregnancy. I was just saying I've been there, and I wasn't selfish. It would have been selfish to abort my son and live my life as if it never happened. I hope you feel good about yourself for your rant at my and my sons expense. I will continue to debate these issues respectfully. If that bothers you don't read my posts. I apologize if you are some how offended because I disagree with you, but my opinions and points of view are just as valid as yours.
So now you are admitting to your son and the world that your son was unwanted? Great Job! I wonder how it would make him feel if you walked up to his face and said: Hey Son, you weren't wanted? Basically you just did.

Location hidden

#201 Nov 25, 2012
Great Job wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are admitting to your son and the world that your son was unwanted? Great Job! I wonder how it would make him feel if you walked up to his face and said: Hey Son, you weren't wanted? Basically you just did.
It doesn't take a genius to know that an 18 year old kid would choose to have a kid. Even my autistic son understands that. I'm not tooting my horn. I was just responding to a post that suggested I had no idea what it's like to be in that position. But all this is just a ploy to detract attention from the fact that the babies that are disposed of are actually people.

Since: Jan 09

#202 Jan 28, 2013
It's really weird the Republicans haven't learned a thing from losing the election. Get this ..... since the election still another Republican leader has said we cannot become pregnant from rape.

Plus there is this new one .....

A New Mexico Republican bill would criminalize abortions after rape ..... get this one ..... as 'Tampering With Evidence'.

It would legally require rape victims to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a rape trial.

The bill would add this as a new section to the law covering tampering with evidence .....

"Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime."

Notice also there is 'no' exclusion for children impregnated by rape or incest, or for pregnancies which could for health reasons endanger the life of the rape victim.
agree

Marion, NC

#205 Jan 29, 2013
__Jenny__ wrote:
It's really weird the Republicans haven't learned a thing from losing the election. Get this ..... since the election still another Republican leader has said we cannot become pregnant from rape.
Plus there is this new one .....
A New Mexico Republican bill would criminalize abortions after rape ..... get this one ..... as 'Tampering With Evidence'.
It would legally require rape victims to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a rape trial.
The bill would add this as a new section to the law covering tampering with evidence .....
"Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime."
Notice also there is 'no' exclusion for children impregnated by rape or incest, or for pregnancies which could for health reasons endanger the life of the rape victim.
Are the religious right republicans going to ever admit that to agree to support the children of women who have unwanted pregnancies would be the Christian thing to do.
dubious

Marion, NC

#206 Jan 29, 2013
OlFortpreacher wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't take a genius to know that an 18 year old kid would choose to have a kid. Even my autistic son understands that. I'm not tooting my horn. I was just responding to a post that suggested I had no idea what it's like to be in that position. But all this is just a ploy to detract attention from the fact that the babies that are disposed of are actually people.
I don't get what your son's being autistic has to do with you and the baby mama deciding to continue the pregnancy. Did you have a note from God saying this child would have a defect? Doubt that.

You are clearly using the autistic thing as some immature and weird ploy to make you look like a better person.

LULZ

Morganton, NC

#207 Jan 29, 2013
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the religious right republicans going to ever admit that to agree to support the children of women who have unwanted pregnancies would be the Christian thing to do.
Nope! That would be the NOBLE thing to do. They aren't going to do THAT! Now if there are more tax cuts or breaks for the RICH, HELL YEAH! I was a republican until 2004. I had voted for Democrats for many years however in certain elections. Mainly on the National level. Now I'm voting democratic more on the State Level. Hell, I guess I've evolved into a full liberal. Because of the CRAZY Republican party. Vaginal Probes? Seriously? And they wonder why they lost.
shocked

Charlotte, NC

#208 Jan 29, 2013
... Uh more like the devil intended. I don't feel like god would intend incest. I feel like he can only do so much for us but he does not control the wrong doings many people choose to do.
ladybug

Marion, NC

#209 Jan 31, 2013
are you saying you support a woman's right to choose?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who keys the cars on E. Court Street 28 min nosey 1
jeff ward 1 hr sherry 5
Black on White Hate crime out of control (Sep '14) 3 hr Dave 33
lonnie smith (Mar '12) 7 hr The real lonnie84 7
The change of food at Barb bq hut 8 hr Long time customer 1
Sarah Lael 21 hr I care99 20
she like a doorknob 22 hr sandy 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages