Shut Down Marion Police Department

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
prohibition ended

Darlington, SC

#1 Sep 9, 2009
Close the Marion police department, hire four new officers for the Sherrifs office and save a hell of a lot of money. This is what towns and counties have done throughout the country. Why have multiple law enforcement agencies in one county? I will tell you why, these ASSHATS are all about continued high taxes and goverment jobs for idiots who cant make it in the private sector. Consolidation works, start asking your county leaders to look at it!!!!
seekthetruth

United States

#2 Sep 9, 2009
Great idea! Think of the savings :$$$, one building, one leadership team, consolidated maintenance, better coordination, etc.

And I'll go one step further than that. Have the officers assigned to the city actually get out of their cars and off their fat tails and walk a beat, talking with people (including - OMG - teenagers), checking doors at night - you know, stuff police officers used to do while they were maintaining good community relations.

Instead, we've been harassing skateboarders, writing ridiculous traffic tickets, measuring the distance people park from the curb while blocking a lane of traffic with our truck (downtown yesterday) and trying to maintain a motorcylce and its designated cop.

Get out of the box Marion and let's use our brains instead of continuing on the same old unsuccessful patch!
G-Dawg

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Sep 9, 2009
So I'm guessing you two fine, outstanding citizens would volunteer your time and effort to go through BLET and stand a post? Are you willing to put your lives on the line to make the community safe?

If you're not willing, do us all a favor and sue your brains for non-support.
Old Fart

Greer, SC

#4 Sep 9, 2009
Now THAT's funny.
Taz

United States

#5 Sep 9, 2009
prohibition ended wrote:
Close the Marion police department, hire four new officers for the Sherrifs office and save a hell of a lot of money. This is what towns and counties have done throughout the country. Why have multiple law enforcement agencies in one county? I will tell you why, these ASSHATS are all about continued high taxes and goverment jobs for idiots who cant make it in the private sector. Consolidation works, start asking your county leaders to look at it!!!!
Why just stop there?- Heck, let the state take over the county!- Oh, don't stop there! Let the feds take over the state! Hey, just declare martial law and let the military be the law enforcement under Obama rule all over the whole country! Look at the money saved! Make every state pay the federal government for protection! Would get the government out of debt!-- Dim wit. thank about what you are suggesting.
seekthetruth

United States

#6 Sep 10, 2009
G-Dawg wrote:
So I'm guessing you two fine, outstanding citizens would volunteer your time and effort to go through BLET and stand a post? Are you willing to put your lives on the line to make the community safe?
Wow, what a surprise - another ignorant McDowell County citizen. Heaven forbid someone propose a new idea to save money or make things more effective. That would mean change and we all know how McDowell County feels about that. But, if you think I feel safe because of the Marion Police Department, you've been hanging out in your meth lab too long, bubba.
just me

United States

#7 Sep 10, 2009
seekthetruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a surprise - another ignorant McDowell County citizen. Heaven forbid someone propose a new idea to save money or make things more effective. That would mean change and we all know how McDowell County feels about that. But, if you think I feel safe because of the Marion Police Department, you've been hanging out in your meth lab too long, bubba.
Every time you insult someone just because they have a different opinion, you show your own ignorance and immaturity.
seekthetruth

United States

#8 Sep 10, 2009
Apparently you didn't read the initial response either.
prohibition ended

Bradford, PA

#9 Sep 10, 2009
WOW, the level of ingorance in this town is astounding.
We better not have any ideas -- some are in fear of having to actually do something for a living.

And one question for you ASSHATS!! What does the city of Marion actually do?
Schools?
Museums?
Quality parks?

I will tell what they do-- They tax you and me so they can have city Jobs and continue the waste that has gone on for years.
downtown outbound

United States

#10 Sep 10, 2009
G-Dawg wrote:
Yet another reactionary comment missing the point. At least one town in NC and several throughout the nation have dissolved themselves and let the county take over services due to budget issues. It is probably impractical in Marion but Morganton combined firefighters and city police as public service officers.

What do budget ideas have to do with "putting your life on the line" and BLET? Streamlineing protection of the public doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with criticism of law enforcement. Not every statement involving law enforcement has to end with a hurah. Perhaps you should engage your brain before you let your fingers wonder.
seekthetruth

United States

#11 Sep 10, 2009
Wow, an intelligent and insightful posting. Thanks.
Idontbelonghere

Greenville, SC

#12 Sep 11, 2009
WTF is an ASSHAT...what is the reference?
cvl

United States

#13 Sep 11, 2009
Maybe a Gay condom.
Idontbelonghere wrote:
City slicker

United States

#14 Sep 11, 2009
The city needs to do something, those folks running it now aren't doing much but trying to take credit for things they have no control over. The mayor stated that the city was going to voluntarily reduce output on the sewer plant to help meet EPA standards ( which they haven't complied with in years) Well the reduction comes from plant closings, nothing then city has actually done itself. If the city wants to help stop the output of sewage then the city officials should resign and take the police and fire departments with them. That would reduce a lot of waste.
Embarrassed By It All

Morganton, NC

#15 Sep 11, 2009
Take it from someone who used to write those tickets in Marion, You deserve them.!!! Never have I ever lived in a place that is so backwards that people actually think that their opinion matters in the scheme of things. Marion NC is my hometown and will soon be a ghost town thanks to the way it is ran by a select few and I am not talking about the managers and Mayor. I do believe that you should be given a state mandated IQ test if your personal wealth exceeds 50,000 yearly. that seems to be the dollar mark where people get cocky for no reason. Making decisions based on personal gain in Marion is the status quo. it was funny during my time there. Only those that thought they were "somebody" would have the nerve to ask me to "fix" a ticket. The honest people there would never dream of it.
prohibition ended

United States

#16 Sep 11, 2009
Idontbelonghere wrote:
An ASSHAT is someone who puts his or her head so far up his or her ASS -- The Ass becomes a hat!!!
G-Dawg

Lincolnton, NC

#18 Sep 13, 2009
downtown outbound wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another reactionary comment missing the point. At least one town in NC and several throughout the nation have dissolved themselves and let the county take over services due to budget issues. It is probably impractical in Marion but Morganton combined firefighters and city police as public service officers.

What do budget ideas have to do with "putting your life on the line" and BLET? Streamlineing protection of the public doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with criticism of law enforcement. Not every statement involving law enforcement has to end with a hurah. Perhaps you should engage your brain before you let your fingers wonder.
Im missing the point? What exactly do you do? I am a law enforcement officer and do exactly what a law enforcement officer does...Serves & Protects. While you have some sort of grudge against the men & women of the uniform, I actually thank them for the job they do since you're pathetic ass, won't.

My brain works normally when I dont complain nor grumble about anyone that puts themselves at risk against any hazard, has to work at all times of the year, miss meals, miss family time, miss holidays & birthdays with family, etc.. just to protect someone.

I'll give you the nod that it would be a good idea to merge Marion PD & Old Fort PD into the McDowell County Sheriff's Office to provide a consolidated patrol effort and to save money. But if we cant merge, Im glad Chief Elliott, Chief Lytle, & their officers are there to keep these towns safe. A small police department is much better than NO police department.
REALLY

United States

#19 Sep 14, 2009
prohibition ended wrote:
WOW, the level of ingorance in this town is astounding.
We better not have any ideas -- some are in fear of having to actually do something for a living.
And one question for you ASSHATS!! What does the city of Marion actually do?
Schools?
Museums?
Quality parks?
I will tell what they do-- They tax you and me so they can have city Jobs and continue the waste that has gone on for years.
schools? If you notice sitting @ the parking at the bottom of West @ the ball field there is a SHERIFFS car that sits there all the time.... Not police lol
Yep

United States

#20 Sep 14, 2009
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>
schools? If you notice sitting @ the parking at the bottom of West @ the ball field there is a SHERIFFS car that sits there all the time.... Not police lol
there are Sheriff's deputies at most schools in the morning.
wonder why

United States

#21 Sep 14, 2009
never see marion pd when you need them maybe we should look behind loves truck stop or winn dixie thats where you can always find a female officer and her co worker everytime they are on duty together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
places for rent? 20 min Marion Landlord 6
megan carrol (Aug '12) 4 hr know who you are ... 6
best places to cruise.. 10 hr Portia 5
Jewelry connection 10 hr Portia 7
Baxter 10 hr Portia 4
Gay guys in McDowell (Sep '12) 10 hr Portia 81
Sabrina Cable 11 hr wonder-who 3
More from around the web

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE