gowan still coaching

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just saying

Marion, NC

#1 Jan 4, 2011
So i found out a week ago that Carson has one more year to put together a wining team.Why would whom ever give him this opportunity be allowed to make such decissions.I almost guarantee you that there want be enough athletes for a varsity team.Just a thought but why not make one of the assistant coaches head coach atleast the guys respect them as coaches.
laws80

Ellenboro, NC

#2 Jan 5, 2011
true true.. but the players also have to be able to step up and rise to the challenge that they might need to step in, give advice, and maybe play their position better or help the other's in a spot that they need it. There a team, win as a team lose as a team. The coaches are suppose to teach them that, you have to work for something you want. If they want to win a ball game then they gotta work for it, not get down and blame the coach. Not saying that I blame the team but its just something we all gotta learn. Maybe you will, maybe you wont. Maybe the team doesnt listen. Maybe the coach doesnt listen. There is always two (maybe more) side to a story. The only truth you know is the truth about your self.
the devil is a bad ass

Cumming, GA

#3 Jan 6, 2011
carson gowan is a total dumb ass just go up to this fat ass and ask him " carson what is the sq root of 4" that dumb ass will say "you say its time to eat" dumb ass you hire dumb asses you get dumb ass results
the truth is

Marion, NC

#4 Jan 11, 2011
I dont care how smart or dumb he is the truth is he is the worst coach for the job.Why give him another year to run off more players or piss of more of us till we quit. I guess you can tell by my last comment that i do play for him and yes I hate his coaching and his terrible attitude Im tired of being cussed out and yelled at by someone that cannot help this team.I think its sad that they will not replace this jerk we have to call coach.
HATE THIS

Marion, NC

#5 Jan 21, 2011
I must say if this is the truth we sure will have a loseing season and bunch of kids not playing.If you ask around why kids dont play football you only hear one word GOWAN!What is it going to take for talbert and brackett to open there eyes Gowan sucks as a person and a coach.FIRE GOWAN
badmotorfinger

United States

#6 Jan 23, 2011
the kids should have known how to play before they even got to GOWAN
agree

Marion, NC

#7 Jan 23, 2011
badmotorfinger wrote:
the kids should have known how to play before they even got to GOWAN
I agree! Don't blame Gowan if the players have no talent. If McDowell wants a winning team, the boys need better coaching and training from an early age. Gowan needs something to work with when these kids get to the high school.

Since: Jun 10

Marion, NC

#8 Jan 23, 2011
i am not saying that the HS coach is good or bad but i coach youth football and i will agree, learning the game starts in the early yrs., its such a shame watching some of these coaches teach these kids the wrong formations and bogus plays that is only trickery and will only leave them lost when they get older because they lack the skills that should have been taught to them in the beginning
waterskinut

Marion, NC

#9 Jan 23, 2011
time for gowan to go. there are too many players with talent not even playing in high school because of the current coaching situation. also any coach should be able to at least luck into a win or two if they are teaching and coaching good fundamentals. as stated by others ken ford manages to convince quality athletes to play in high school and he makes the best out of them to produce a great team on the field. he surely would not take it but i would like to see mcdowell do whatever it took to get him back here as head coach.
COME ON

Marion, NC

#10 Jan 24, 2011
This has nothing to do with his coaching the kids hate him wake up people its easier to play for someone you actually like.........
Badmotorfinger

United States

#11 Jan 26, 2011
Not many kids likes aggresive excercises.
dont overlook

Marion, NC

#12 Jan 27, 2011
Again it has nothing to do with workouts or loseing every game. The truth is he cusses you out everyday tells you how much you suck then before a game wants to pray with you what a joke. I dont know about you but I dont want my kid around him thats why he quit had nothing to do with working hard simply put once again GOWAN!!!!!!!!!!
yourajoke

United States

#13 Jan 27, 2011
dont overlook wrote:
Again it has nothing to do with workouts or loseing every game. The truth is he cusses you out everyday tells you how much you suck then before a game wants to pray with you what a joke. I dont know about you but I dont want my kid around him thats why he quit had nothing to do with working hard simply put once again GOWAN!!!!!!!!!!
This really tells me you know nothing about Gowan. I have been around enough practices to tell you he does not treat the kids as your say he does.
Just me

United States

#14 Jan 27, 2011
dont overlook wrote:
Behavior such as this seems to be typical of McDowell County "Christians". They think you can act however you want to in front of whoever is around and then still claim to be a "Christian". They will stand before God and answer for it. People don't seem to take that title very seriously, and that is a real shame.

Gowan, if you're reading this, think about it. Don't stop praying with them, but show them what Christian behavior looks like. Wash those four letter words out of your mouth before you leave the house in the mornings. A little prayer and Bible study goes a long way. You could make a huge impact for Christ on a lot of kids.
really

Marion, NC

#15 Jan 27, 2011
you have to be positive minded to be a positive influence on someone.
sportsfan71

United States

#16 Jan 27, 2011
In the garden Peter cursed the centurion, before cutting his ear off with his blade. Jesus never chastised Peter for cursing the man, he simply put the mans ear back on. Many may find ones language offensive and maybe inappropriate at times, but I challenge anyone to show me one verse of scripture that says you shouldn't say bad words or a list of words that are deemed bad. As for football, none of you bashers of Gowan could do any better. All we ever hear from any of you is.... He yells at our kids, He's always negative, He says bad words, what we never hear from anyone is....What mistakes he is making on the field of play? I'm sure he is making some coaching mistakes, but who don't? It's not like he's been blowing 20 point leads.
ask and ye shall receive

Marion, NC

#17 Jan 27, 2011
sportsfan71 wrote:
In the garden Peter cursed the centurion, before cutting his ear off with his blade. Jesus never chastised Peter for cursing the man, he simply put the mans ear back on. Many may find ones language offensive and maybe inappropriate at times, but I challenge anyone to show me one verse of scripture that says you shouldn't say bad words or a list of words that are deemed bad. As for football, none of you bashers of Gowan could do any better. All we ever hear from any of you is.... He yells at our kids, He's always negative, He says bad words, what we never hear from anyone is....What mistakes he is making on the field of play? I'm sure he is making some coaching mistakes, but who don't? It's not like he's been blowing 20 point leads.
The bible I read tells me not to curse. As for a list of words, in the new testament you will often only find a principal based on the spirit of what we are called to do--not a codified "letter" of the law like you'd find in the old testament. We are not longer judged by the law, but under grace. Read Romans 6 for an explanation of this.

James 3

9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in Godís likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.
sportsfan71

Madison, NC

#18 Jan 27, 2011
Don't believe the verse is using the term cursing, in the context of, let's say for instance, a coach saying "dammit" because you screw up a play you've practiced a hundred times. What you're trying to say, if you use the verse your way, is that someone who says, what you might find an offensive word, could not possibly do anything good or saved by the Grace of God. What we fail to realize sometimes, whether we are saved or totally lost is that as long as we are in the flesh, we all still sin.
So Wrong

United States

#19 Jan 27, 2011
I've had two boys that played for Gowan and are still proud to say they did even now as adults. Yes he may yell and curse at the boys but you know what it's football. If they can't handle it then maybe they should find a ping pong team to join.
Everybody was all about him getting the job so we could get back to good old fashioned smash mouth football.. but there are too many parents that won't let that happen, the game is made to be played with every ounce of of blood and sweat that you can give it.. if your son is not leaving his heart on the field after every game he's not playing it right.
I can tell you that yeah Gowan scared the junk out of my boys but when they did it the way he coached it and it was right it was all worth it.
So tell you what boys put your big boy pants on and play the game the way it's supposed to be played.. if your afraid to get hurt stay home..
Gowan isn't the problem
seriously

Marion, NC

#20 Jan 28, 2011
So we are saying just cause its football there will be cussing and that its ok for the coach to cuss.A coach should be looked up to how can the boys look up to someone they despise and no matter how you feel the boys hate him.Aaron Dula or sportsfan 71 is one of a handfull of parents that will defend Gowan I guess he just wants his boys playing time he defends when its nothing to defend so good job butt sucker.If you truly think Gowan is not the problem ask around walk up to any big boy at school that dont play football and ask why dont you play you will hear the same thing ive heard time and time again Gowan.And for those of you that think its ok for your child to be cussed out shame on you cowards i would hate to be your kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ServePro? 16 min Need help 1
Carpenter and Cliven Get Married 47 min Cliven 18
Ferguson is tired of complaining Stinky Chimps. 51 min Cliven 16
What Year Do/Did You Like Best... 1 hr Clinchfield OG 1
ghost riders disgrace to marion 4 hr Save the grace 14
Pictures of Negroes ACTUALLY WORKING! 5 hr Robert J Carpenter 1
Pizza Joint (Feb '14) 6 hr natas 17
Marion Dating
Find my Match

Marion People Search