First Prev
of 7
Next Last
SE Traveler

AOL

#1 Jan 7, 2010
What's happened down there, went by and seems they have sold out or changed hands. Those fine folks that were manageing the place were gone.

“Bite me!”

Since: Oct 09

Marion

#2 Jan 7, 2010
SE Traveler wrote:
What's happened down there, went by and seems they have sold out or changed hands. Those fine folks that were manageing the place were gone.
Don't go there often, but their website is still up and running.
billy joe bobby

Cumming, GA

#4 Jan 7, 2010
ask otis otis where did you hide the liquor "otis oits where did you hide the liquor"
Bear In The Woods

AOL

#5 Jan 7, 2010
He hid it up your ass, mushyboy. If you'd clean that thing out once in awhile, you'd find it.
Toxic Waste Alert!
rusty shackelford

United States

#7 Jan 8, 2010
Bear In The Woods wrote:
He hid it up your ass, mushyboy. If you'd clean that thing out once in awhile, you'd find it.
Toxic Waste Alert!
ha thats funny lay in to mush boy same ip different name .we know who you are see ya one the bronze.
History Teacher

Lincolnton, NC

#8 Jan 8, 2010
Parental Guidance wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go there often, but their website is still up and running.
That's a much better site than they had a couple of months ago. As far as the Marina goes, Pat and Dale are nice people but I was there right before they left and had to chase down Pat to order food and drinks because they had no wait staff. This was on a sunny Sunday afternoon. The food was good. I think they have the best hamburger in Marion. I believe they just need someone with a background in the restaurant biz to manage the place.
mcdowell taxpayer

Lyman, SC

#10 Jan 8, 2010
well, they struck out with that History Teacher. chip has no experience in a restaurant or running one.

it was simply a new toy for him; he is too impatient to keep at it for long, and his vendors will soon stop servicing him or desiring to hear his whining.

vendors liked dealing with Dale and Pat.
cobra302

Lyman, SC

#11 Jan 9, 2010
yep sux without dale and pat there.

lets wait and see how this whole partnership between chip johnson, van boyd, and joe hall works out.

chip has a way of pissing everyone off sooner or later
woot woot

Inman, SC

#12 Jan 9, 2010
personally i like them all...pat, dale, chip, van, joe...the whole lot. they're all business minded people, and i'm sure they'll keep on keepin on out there. it's not like they have tons of competition in methdowell anyways...
billy joe bobby

Cumming, GA

#13 Jan 9, 2010
are they gonna still serve livermush cakes? and will the livermush dude still have his otis band there thats all i care about heheheheheeheh sinners,,,,,,,,,,
Vinny

Lincolnton, NC

#14 Jan 9, 2010
woot woot wrote:
personally i like them all...pat, dale, chip, van, joe...the whole lot. they're all business minded people, and i'm sure they'll keep on keepin on out there. it's not like they have tons of competition in methdowell anyways...

That's spot on.
whiplash

Dade City, FL

#15 Jan 9, 2010
mcdowell taxpayer wrote:
well, they struck out with that History Teacher. chip has no experience in a restaurant or running one.
it was simply a new toy for him; he is too impatient to keep at it for long, and his vendors will soon stop servicing him or desiring to hear his whining.
vendors liked dealing with Dale and Pat.
Operating a restaurant isn't rocket science, if the Lunford's could do it...Chip won't have any problem. Get real!!! Vendors like whom ever it is that's writing the checks.
cobra302

Lyman, SC

#16 Jan 9, 2010
whiplash wrote:
<quoted text>Operating a restaurant isn't rocket science, if the Lunford's could do it...Chip won't have any problem. Get real!!! Vendors like whom ever it is that's writing the checks.
wow, really. thanks for the enlightenment there whip.

guess that explains why so many restaurants survive, i never knew it was easy and anyone could do it

also amazing seeing as how i know vendors that can be slow responders when they dont like who they are suppling; but guess u r right about it all
Black Bear Bud

Princeton Junction, NJ

#17 Jan 10, 2010
Yes things have changed, the management and wait staff do not have the personality that the others had. They do not seem to care about the customers, just the money. Was this place losing money under the old management or is it a quarrel between owners? The old management seemed to put more work into the place and from what I saw had a lot of hands on in building the place. Never saw many of the owners working there except the old managers.
mcdowell taxpayer

Lyman, SC

#18 Jan 10, 2010
I agree black bear bud; and cobra was right whiplash is not in the real world to indicate running a successful restaurant, bar, marine gas station, supply store, etc. is something easy to do. My understanding was a power struggle between owners over a non-related land deal that didn't include some of the partners and feelings got hurt. Chip was there to slide in and replace an owner and vote with others to root out the lunsfords management.

Chip's ego will clash with the staff and guests is my opinion; I am not impressed with changes and the best move would be to put the Lunsford's back as the management team there
inwiththenew

Hollywood, FL

#19 Jan 10, 2010
mcdowell taxpayer wrote:
I agree black bear bud; and cobra was right whiplash is not in the real world to indicate running a successful restaurant, bar, marine gas station, supply store, etc. is something easy to do. My understanding was a power struggle between owners over a non-related land deal that didn't include some of the partners and feelings got hurt. Chip was there to slide in and replace an owner and vote with others to root out the lunsfords management.
Chip's ego will clash with the staff and guests is my opinion; I am not impressed with changes and the best move would be to put the Lunsford's back as the management team there
No doubt that you are a "Lunsford lover". Joe, Van and Chip are very successful business owners and they are already making plans for huge improvements to make the entire facility a much better place. The "clashing" with the staff and customers has already taken place...when Pat and Veda were there.
North Cove Expat

AOL

#20 Jan 10, 2010
Whatever happened to Leisha Johnson? She seemed to be a nice person.
mcdowell taxpayer

Lyman, SC

#21 Jan 10, 2010
Actually I like them all personally. I just liked things at the Marina better with the Lunsford's managing.

I hope it is a much better place soon with lots of huge improvements.

Whats in the plan for the improvements?
U so Sure

United States

#22 Jan 10, 2010
If Johnson is so confident in his ability to make this venture a success why is he so threatend by previous employees.. I've heard that if you were a previous staff member and were "a friend" to the Lunsfords that you are not welcome there... it don't matter if you were good at your job and that people liked you.. I only knew the Lunsfords through the Marina but from what I saw they were hard workers and took care of customers.. if you had a complaint it was handled.. they didn't have big egos to feed..
I've followed some of the posting on Facebook from current employees and the rude attitude is enough for me to spend my money elsewhere..
I've heard more than one person complian about the lack of friendliness from current management.. so inwiththenew I guess that you would be part of that crowd?
It was a fun place while it lasted.
cobra302

Lyman, SC

#23 Jan 10, 2010
yea the only thing they could do worse right now is hire Freddie Killough as the general manager, but hey that would be great news for the city of marion if they did. lol

i am done there, won't be back until i hear of some major changes or those HUGE IMPROVEMENTS inwiththenew spoke of cause they sure are going the wrong way right now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danielle Stevenson 4 min Bowlroller 3
Hunk Stephen Epley 5 hr BlazinBlunts 6
Tasha Patton (Aug '13) 15 hr Shelly Mullins 7
Jillian roberts Sun What the 9 hells 3
baxter supervisors Sun drip 6
Kids Sun What the 9 hells 10
Gay and bi guys of marion Sun Tyler 8

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance