NoTea4Dogs

Barnardsville, NC

#1 Aug 13, 2014
Why would our commissioners not even discuss tethering dogs in McDowell. Is "NO" the real answer for the counties benefit. Tethering laws have been enacted all over the country and even in N.Carolina. As a chain limits freedom, negative replies from our commissioners limits discussions and doing what is the right thing for the people. Calls to the sheriffs office concerning barking dogs are almost always calls of dogs being tethered day in and day out, some for months. Keeping voters on a short leash will not work forever. Hopefully voters will remember the no. no's on our McDowell commissioner board and say no to them, soon.
Cocos

Little Switzerland, NC

#2 Aug 13, 2014
Well, it's like this. Most of their wives keep them on a short chain so they think dogs should be treated the same way. Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason.
Long Tether

Asheville, NC

#3 Aug 15, 2014
It should certainly be addressed instead of being swept under the rug, and I personally think it will be discussed sooner rather than later if the heat is kept on. However, we do have more pressing issues, though those are not thoroughly addressed either. These county commissioners, like most politicians, are in it for a check, perks and power trips.

The tethering issue isn't necessarily political, but since your screen name is most likely invoking the Tea Party name, I will opine. The short chained dogs tend to belong to the lowest common denominator and wet dream for politicians - the white trash and black trash.

The good ole boys, the coon and bear hunters and such, tend to wear an R on their political jersey and take care of their dogs just as they would a child. Taking them to the vet regularly, feeding them very well, etc. The upper crust and upper crust wannabes that wear a D on their political jersey will have no tether, but a small grassy area with wires in the ground and collars on the dogs that will literally shock the sh*t out of the poor things. The lower middle class of us, tend to our dogs well, keep them I side often and give them access to doggy doors where possible and very often a nice fenced in area with a nice doghouse if they want to stay outside.

After the county commissioners tackle the fiscal problems, the cooked book employment rate that only a diehard, believe anything a politician says (particularly Democrats) type person, getting more decent paying, benefit having, full time jobs, etc. Not courting companies like they did with Lowes and Wal Mart, each with multi-hundred thousand dollar sales tax breaks...yes, we lost an initial $400,000+ in sales tax revenue with Lowes and who knows how much with Wal Mart. When I asked Dean Buff and others that approved the Lowe's deal, all I got was the standard politician with a sh!t eating grin, question diverting answer.

Still, if they are tethered, should have AT LEAST the minimums that were asked for. IMHO, they should be given even more room and longer, better tethers. It will have its say, hopefully. If enacted, it needs massive support from some type of grant from a pet organization for those in the county that are poor.

I wish you guys tremendous luck in getting your tethering issues passed! I cannot help financially, but will write letters to the Commissioners.\m/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Janet Lewis (Jun '16) 10 hr Hold up 29
Amanda Stevens 12 hr Grow up 9
Old and forgotten 18 hr Another Rant 3
Kerrigan Floyd Thu Interested 1
Stupid Thu Poppooo 7
5lane haiku Thu scruffy 4
Erin McElveen Wed Snickers 5

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance