Sunrise Rehab. & Care
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Just ME

Marion, NC

#105 Aug 14, 2013
I have had a family members in Sunrise so I know what I am talking about..They do not take care of the patients they have. And I will looking into turning them him to the board. When I got my family member out they had a total of 9 bedsores. So no dont go there

“It's cookie'o'clock”

Since: Jul 13

#106 Aug 14, 2013
I hear alot about autumn care..mostly positive things. Same for Sunrise. There are always going to be disgruntled ex employees, and disgruntled family members who feel guilty when their family member dies.. its often hard to come to terms with having to put someone in a facility, it weighs on the pride and makes people feel bad. Especially when that person inevitably dies, they seek to blame someone, feeling guilty for that person's death. What they don't realize is it isn't anyone's fault when people die like that, most of them are very old or very unhealthy, and death is a very natural thing. I think alot of this is alot of finger pointing and blame-gaming. I know that as a medical facility, they are regularly inspected and must abide by top medical standards. Had most of what you guys say really happened, they would have been shut down. I think if you are uncomfortable with your choice in a home for your loved one, just stop in and ask to look around. They will not say no, and you can make a judgement for yourself if the place is clean and if the residents look well taken care of. If and when your loved one dies, don't feel guilty. Sometimes doing the best thing for someone is accepting that they require help that you cannot provide. I have many friends who work as nurses and CNAs, who are very loving and empathetic people. When a resident dies, they take it quite hard also, remember they are the ones looking after your family every day. I'd like to think that people who are cruel, uncompassionate and unprofessional do not become nurses, for one, and are relieved of their positions once the nurse directors review their attitude. Just keep in mind that your loved one is there for a reason, and its not because they're completely healthy and able. It's because they're dying, and things like bedsores happen to people who are dying, regardless of how hard the staff works to keep them clean and comfortable. Its a part of death. Not everything can be avoided, regardless of how you feel. You are not medical professionals, do not slander and hold grudges against a place because you have personal issues with your own guilt.

United States

#107 Aug 20, 2013
Ginny wrote:
Do you work all shifts Karma? Are you on every hall 24/7? Shut up.
You don't know she karma works there u don't dumbass..

Mars Hill, NC

#108 Aug 29, 2013
Ginny wrote:
Does anyone know why so many younger people are dying at the Sunrise nursing facility? I know this has got to be the worst facility in the county.
because they pay less than minimum dollars
they have taken over McDowell hospitals come here die here before they were bought up by Asheville hospital

Hickory, NC

#109 Dec 4, 2013
can anyone tell me when sunrise rehab in nebo was built and who was the contractor?
no dog no

Crouse, NC

#111 Jun 3, 2014
paul wrote:
can anyone tell me when sunrise rehab in nebo was built and who was the contractor?

I think it was in the 70s late
no dog no

Newton, NC

#112 Mar 6, 2015
I wish and pray that sunrise can be better. A lot of nasty stuff has been said , a lot untrue and some true. I have worked with many good nurses and encounter bad ones to. good nurses aides and some bad ones. I have met family from hell who do not even care for the loves ones they put there.. But actually pretend they do. If you can make a difference in anybody life volunteer to make a older persons life better. We will all be old one day and it will be here before you know it. Sunrise is going through a lot and I have been around there quite a long time. I will say though I believe are quality of staff is good . Good floor nurses and good aides and I can say that many good floor people are there now. If you believe that you can make a difference apply and see what it consist of. It is a hard job but the attitude you have will make a difference.

Mountain View, CA

#113 Mar 10, 2015
CNAs are severely underpaid for what they have to deal with.

Marion, NC

#115 Mar 11, 2015
They are talking of closing the rehab section down. They have been shuffling residents the last few days.

Shelbyville, TN

#116 Mar 11, 2015
There are sex offenders and a man that has committed murder living at Sunrise . There are child molesters there as well living with the elderly

Marion, NC

#117 Mar 12, 2015
OK...all this talk about Sunrise Rehab & Care.... The care of patients.... The staff...talking about the patients... Well most of the idiots talking are former staff.....yes ..the work is hard....the building is old ...and the management is very unorganized... I've worked there...and had family as patients is very hard work... But probably the most rewarding job I've ever had....I've seen a lot ...heard a lot... And worked several nursing jobs....I can honestly say..I've never witnessed or heard of anyone being abused @ McDowell Nursing \Sunrise Rehab & Care.... If anything..... Just a hint...rumor ...accusation..and someone is fired.... Usually it is unnecessary...if you have family or loved one there...and think they're being abused or neglected... And all you do is put something on "Marion Topix".... Well you should be proud of yourself.... POS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
she like a doorknob 21 min Youknow 11
After a breakup the loyal one stays single 23 min Just saying 2
thank God I'm not black 3 hr notblack 1
For You, Special Lady 10 hr Special Lady 2
Yep...Trash tries to rob 3 Walmarts 13 hr Rita 94
Bobby Honeycutt (Jul '10) 18 hr Tommyboy 132
Herpes outbreak in Marion!!! Mon Max 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages