Sunrise Rehab. & Care
Random

United States

#21 Aug 10, 2010
I like to feed old people there own shit, and Ginny helped me. =) (We both got fired 2 months ago)
honkeymgee

United States

#22 Aug 11, 2010
My great grandfather was in Sunrise for years, almost 10 infact. He started getting confused and irritated as he got older and he was never once "restrained". The doc was called and he gave the orders to give medication and the family was called. He even punched/kicked a couple times when it was very bad but he was never mistreated. No place is perfect but I have been inside sunrise many many times and it is always clean. Plus the state sends inspectors so it really cant be as bad as this person is saying or it would be shut down. Someone is just angry and was probably fired for not meeting Sunrise standards.
Caregiver

Denver, CO

#23 Aug 11, 2010
Ginny wrote:
Sunrise is a nursing facility located in Nebo, NC on Deer Park Rd. It is a nasty place where proper medical asepsis (infection control) is not practiced. Nursing facilities house and care for people of all ages. Many of the residents who have cognitive impairments and/or are combative often go without appropriate fluids and food because the staff just doesn't want to fool with them. This makes one wonder how their fluid/dietary intake is documented. "Input/output" is monitored by the state. This facility also does not comply with restraint laws. A Dr's order is required for a restraint. Restraints can be bed rails, safety belts, vests, etc that are designed to prevent falls. Some residents there are restrained without a Dr's order and many are not in said restraints that have orders for them. Many of the residents who are "feeders" (cannot feed self) are often not given enough attention during feeding times or not fed at all. When residents are placed in bed for the night, they rarely are encouraged to use the toilet. Also, when placed in bed, the staff often fails to place the resident's beds in the lowest position and a call switch within reach (another unlawful act). Shift documentation by the staff is often a guess rather than an exact entry in the adl logs. The staff is also very rude and hateful to the residents which defies what nursing classes stress about treating the residents with dignity and respect at all times. Appropriate privacy practices are also not followed there when providing the residents with personal care. Bottom line is, if I had a choice between being a resident there and dying, I would opt for death.
Ginny, you are right about one thing. Sunrise is a nursing facility in Nebo but you are so wrong in all the other lies you spoke of. Sunrise is a very caring and compassionate facility. I have had family in Sunrise and Autumn Care and I have to say that I was very well pleased with their care. Sunrise does comply with privacy practices and restraint policies and infection control. As with all facilities and businesses, when an employee leaves for whatever reason, they get upset and lash out at the facility. Hopefully everyone knows that is just an attempt to make that person look good and the facility look bad. Sometimes that person also goes against privacy laws and tells things that are personnal and against HIPPA laws. It takes alot of hard work and dedication to work in a nursing care facility. You are those people's lifeline. Not everyone is cut out to do that work. And please be very careful what you ask for when you say you would rather die than go there. The good Lord just might listen to you. I just hope you are ready to go when that time comes. A great big thank you to all the staff at Sunrise. You are the BEST!!!!!
Caregiver

Denver, CO

#24 Aug 11, 2010
Ginny, you are right about one thing. Sunrise is a nursing facility in Nebo but you are so wrong in all the other lies you spoke of. Sunrise is a very caring and compassionate facility. I have had family in Sunrise and Autumn Care and I have to say that I was very well pleased with their care. Sunrise does comply with privacy practices and restraint policies and infection control. As with all facilities and businesses, when an employee leaves for whatever reason, they get upset and lash out at the facility. Hopefully everyone knows that is just an attempt to make that person look good and the facility look bad. Sometimes that person also goes against privacy laws and tells things that are personnal and against HIPPA laws. It takes alot of hard work and dedication to work in a nursing care facility. You are those people's lifeline. Not everyone is cut out to do that work. And please be very careful what you ask for when you say you would rather die than go there. The good Lord just might listen to you. I just hope you are ready to go when that time comes. A great big thank you to all the staff at Sunrise. You are the BEST!!!!!
Robert

United States

#25 Aug 20, 2010
As an employee of Sunrise, I can see from your comments that either A) you have never been there, or B) you are a former employee who was fired for cause or quit because you couldn't handle the load. You make a long rant, but I see nothing in your comments that give any clue as to how you got your info. Family member there? Friends? Your idea of a local hangout? Too many people around badmouth what they do not know. It's just too bad there are more people out there that will read your comments and take it as gospel without finding out for themselves.
Sunrise Employee

Marion, NC

#26 Nov 10, 2010
I do not know where you are getting your information, but nothing you wrote is true about the care we provide at Sunrise. I have worked there for three years and I personally know that the care given is appropriate. Every nursing home has flaws. I am not saying we are perfect, but we are definately one of the BEST!!!
hithere

Old Fort, NC

#27 Nov 10, 2010
Caregiver wrote:
My grandmother was there some years ago and she was OVER medicated with her blood thinning medicine AND restrained in a wheelchair. We went to visit her and saw this first hand. Needless to say, she was moved very soon after that.
Queen

Morganton, NC

#28 Nov 10, 2010
Listen Ginny. U have got to be dumb. U need to stop running ur mouth
Hello

Marion, NC

#29 Nov 10, 2010
Ginny wrote:
I'm a pharmacist. Would you like for me to recommend something for your brain?
Hope I never have to deal with you. You seem like an idiot.
upset

Burnsville, NC

#30 Jun 23, 2011
Ginny wrote:
Sunrise is a nursing facility located in Nebo, NC on Deer Park Rd. It is a nasty place where proper medical asepsis (infection control) is not practiced. Nursing facilities house and care for people of all ages. Many of the residents who have cognitive impairments and/or are combative often go without appropriate fluids and food because the staff just doesn't want to fool with them. This makes one wonder how their fluid/dietary intake is documented. "Input/output" is monitored by the state. This facility also does not comply with restraint laws. A Dr's order is required for a restraint. Restraints can be bed rails, safety belts, vests, etc that are designed to prevent falls. Some residents there are restrained without a Dr's order and many are not in said restraints that have orders for them. Many of the residents who are "feeders" (cannot feed self) are often not given enough attention during feeding times or not fed at all. When residents are placed in bed for the night, they rarely are encouraged to use the toilet. Also, when placed in bed, the staff often fails to place the resident's beds in the lowest position and a call switch within reach (another unlawful act). Shift documentation by the staff is often a guess rather than an exact entry in the adl logs. The staff is also very rude and hateful to the residents which defies what nursing classes stress about treating the residents with dignity and respect at all times. Appropriate privacy practices are also not followed there when providing the residents with personal care. Bottom line is, if I had a choice between being a resident there and dying, I would opt for death.
My mom was there for a five day respet this week.A 5 day respit breaks down to 4 says because the day you check in and out counts.She came home with a bedsore.All I can figure out is somone left her in a dirty diaper till she got skin breakdown.This is just evil they get 4k per person per month with 2 per room and cant do better than that !
upset

Mars Hill, NC

#31 Jun 29, 2011
Karma wrote:
No I don't work every shift but I have seen more of that place than you. You are probably just some ex employee running your mouth. YOU have no idea what you are talking about. Yes not every employee does things the way they are suppose to, but for the most part everyone does. I am not housekeeping I am nursing. What kind of license do you have?
Dont need a license to know neglect when you see it.How are old people going to eat overcooked hard burgers?And how are 3 CNA's going to care for every patent in that place?Shame on the owners !!They will find that this is not FL and we care how our elderly are treated.
o_O Really

Burnsville, NC

#32 Jun 30, 2011
upset wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont need a license to know neglect when you see it.How are old people going to eat overcooked hard burgers?And how are 3 CNA's going to care for every patent in that place?Shame on the owners !!They will find that this is not FL and we care how our elderly are treated.
That would be the corporate office you need to complain to. Its not the people that work at Sunrise fault. If they had it their way I’m sure they would have more help. They can’t help it that the people that own the place are stingy penny pinchers! They do the best they can with what they are given.

Since: May 11

United States

#33 Jun 30, 2011
hithere wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandmother was there some years ago and she was OVER medicated with her blood thinning medicine AND restrained in a wheelchair. We went to visit her and saw this first hand. Needless to say, she was moved very soon after that.
How do you know she was over medicated with blood thinners?? What was her PT/INR?? It is illegal to restrain unless they're showing a harm to themself or others and then there are strict guidelines and charting that must be done every two hours by state law. What specific types of restraints were used in this case? Answer these questions and then I can form an appropriate opinion. Just saying she was over medicated and restrained tells absolutely nothing. If this is a true statement, you should have no problem answering my two simple questions accurately.

United States

#34 Jun 30, 2011
So many people on here kill me by blasting our local healthcare facilities with what is certain to be 99% total crap. I read and hear this stupidity all the time and the only opinion I can form is that there are many, many more licensed doctors out there than there are employed anywhere. I guess they just practice medicine as a hobby in their garage and they know more than the board certified doctors that are employed? Funny

United States

#35 Jun 30, 2011
o_O Really wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the corporate office you need to complain to. Its not the people that work at Sunrise fault. If they had it their way I’m sure they would have more help. They can’t help it that the people that own the place are stingy penny pinchers! They do the best they can with what they are given.
It doesn't matter what kind of care is provided for some residents. You're always going to have those small percentage of families that are never going to be happy in any healthcare setting. The fact of the matter is that many of these families stick mom/dad off in the nursing home so they don't have to deal with it. Then they want to dictate every last detail of how care is provided and complain about everything. None of our facilities are perfect nor will they ever be, but getting on here and making boastful, slanderous statements with no specific details to prove anything is just plain ignorant.
upset

Little Switzerland, NC

#36 Jun 30, 2011
Thing is if you work and for some reason cant take care of elderly family members please go check on them.Go at diffrent times.Whether you pay it or medicare they get paid plenty for the care they provide.The standerd care requirements set forth by state and medicar suld always be met.AGAIN >> PLEASE GO SEE YOUR PEOPLE IN NURSING HOMES!
upset

Little Switzerland, NC

#37 Jun 30, 2011
Ginny wrote:

Misslibbi

Burnsville, NC

#38 Jun 30, 2011
I worked at Sunrise for almost 5 years as a LPN. And yes, Misslibbi (greene) is my real name. As of the late 1980's ALL facilities are "restraint-free". And all facilities have to keep accurate documentation of each residents care,intake & output, etc. And NO! they don't guess. NO pharmacist would be hiding behind a goofy name. Is it a good facility? It was when I worked there so..until March 19,2010, YUP, it was. There is some content to the one person's question about "so many young people" dying. Many health care facilities are being besieged by patients who are younger. Why? Because they need 24 hour care. These days, the "young" people's caregivers are needing care, hence, the patient of the caregiver needs care. As for all of you concerned citizens who feel you are such staunch authorities of skilled nursing facilities, I would suggest to you that you put your heart where your mouth is and sign up as a volunteer.Then you will have time to spend in all skilled facilities and not sitting at home behind a computer screen judging others who have never judged you.
o_O Really

Burnsville, NC

#39 Jul 1, 2011
Dawgy wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what kind of care is provided for some residents. You're always going to have those small percentage of families that are never going to be happy in any healthcare setting. The fact of the matter is that many of these families stick mom/dad off in the nursing home so they don't have to deal with it. Then they want to dictate every last detail of how care is provided and complain about everything. None of our facilities are perfect nor will they ever be, but getting on here and making boastful, slanderous statements with no specific details to prove anything is just plain ignorant.
I know that no matter what you do with some of the residents the family will not be happy. I know all about that kind of situation, and I didn't make a boastful or slanderous statement about Sunrise. In fact I said “They do the best they can”...

United States

#40 Jul 1, 2011
Misslibbi wrote:
I worked at Sunrise for almost 5 years as a LPN. And yes, Misslibbi (greene) is my real name. As of the late 1980's ALL facilities are "restraint-free". And all facilities have to keep accurate documentation of each residents care,intake & output, etc. And NO! they don't guess. NO pharmacist would be hiding behind a goofy name. Is it a good facility? It was when I worked there so..until March 19,2010, YUP, it was. There is some content to the one person's question about "so many young people" dying. Many health care facilities are being besieged by patients who are younger. Why? Because they need 24 hour care. These days, the "young" people's caregivers are needing care, hence, the patient of the caregiver needs care. As for all of you concerned citizens who feel you are such staunch authorities of skilled nursing facilities, I would suggest to you that you put your heart where your mouth is and sign up as a volunteer.Then you will have time to spend in all skilled facilities and not sitting at home behind a computer screen judging others who have never judged you.
Well said! It is easy to make the boastful statements afore mentioned by people who have no clue as to what they're talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst thieves around? 2 hr Riding me tricycle 33
Moondoggys 5 hr waitress 2
Anywhere hiring 19 hr Serious 9
Blue Ridge Outdoors Wed MEE 3
Club Fitness (Oct '09) Tue get a life 134
Janet Lewis Jun 27 Curious 1
Last name Frady Jun 26 Got a laugh 11

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance