Sunrise Rehab. & Care

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Ginny

United States

#1 Aug 5, 2010
Does anyone know why so many younger people are dying at the Sunrise nursing facility? I know this has got to be the worst facility in the county.
Bob

United States

#2 Aug 5, 2010
It is everywhere.It is not because they are there.
Pat Robertson

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Aug 5, 2010
It is because the young people made a pact with Satan. Now God is taking his wrath out on those indigent, helpless bastards.
lily

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 5, 2010
That was the most asinine answer I have ever heard, You must be one of those 'Holy Rollers'. So, I can assume you had to go look the word 'Indigent' up because you did not know it's true meaning...lol But, you are entitled to your opinion and I will give you that. Now back to the actual comment...
lily

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 5, 2010
I have noticed in the obits in the newspaper that Sunrise has the most death's in comparison to say "the other nursing facilities" (no names mentioned). However, for the most part it is the elderley that I see in the obits from that facility.
JMO

Nebo, NC

#6 Aug 6, 2010
Where is Sunrise and what kind of home is it?- What help do they offer?
Pat Robertson

United States

#7 Aug 6, 2010
You are morally indigent, lily. If you believe there are not indigent people there, you are sadly mistaken.

I pray to God Almighty that your soul is pure and saved, lest you be cast into hell.
Ginny

United States

#8 Aug 6, 2010
Sunrise is a nursing facility located in Nebo, NC on Deer Park Rd. It is a nasty place where proper medical asepsis (infection control) is not practiced. Nursing facilities house and care for people of all ages. Many of the residents who have cognitive impairments and/or are combative often go without appropriate fluids and food because the staff just doesn't want to fool with them. This makes one wonder how their fluid/dietary intake is documented. "Input/output" is monitored by the state. This facility also does not comply with restraint laws. A Dr's order is required for a restraint. Restraints can be bed rails, safety belts, vests, etc that are designed to prevent falls. Some residents there are restrained without a Dr's order and many are not in said restraints that have orders for them. Many of the residents who are "feeders" (cannot feed self) are often not given enough attention during feeding times or not fed at all. When residents are placed in bed for the night, they rarely are encouraged to use the toilet. Also, when placed in bed, the staff often fails to place the resident's beds in the lowest position and a call switch within reach (another unlawful act). Shift documentation by the staff is often a guess rather than an exact entry in the adl logs. The staff is also very rude and hateful to the residents which defies what nursing classes stress about treating the residents with dignity and respect at all times. Appropriate privacy practices are also not followed there when providing the residents with personal care. Bottom line is, if I had a choice between being a resident there and dying, I would opt for death.
dems4dud

United States

#9 Aug 8, 2010
It is as fiflthy as a chickenchokers car
Jerry Dixon

Moore, SC

#10 Aug 8, 2010
Sunrise has the best and most high quality weed solded by the nurses.
Jerry Dixon

Asheville, NC

#11 Aug 9, 2010
I hearded that the nurses give good head there.
lol

Mundelein, IL

#12 Aug 9, 2010
Jerry Dixon wrote:
I hearded that the nurses give good head there.
which ones
Ginny

United States

#13 Aug 9, 2010
Read up on the OBRA Act & then go into this facility & observe the non-ambulatory residents. You will think pot smoking & other activities are going on with the staff for sure.
lily

Memphis, TN

#14 Aug 9, 2010
My "soul" is in good hands Pat Roberson, I assure you. Your sanity is what you should be concerned about. By the way I do not believe there is a "Hell". If there is, it sure as hell (pun intended) here on earth..lmfao
Now go away you iritate me!!!
United States

#15 Aug 10, 2010
Dear Ginny,
I work at Sunrise and it is not anything like what you say. We encourage our residents to eat, toilet them, we keep up with our ADLs and Input/Output, and Sunrise is a restraint free facility. Yes we do get combative residents in; however, if anything we give them more of our time to provide proper care for them. I do not know where you got your information from about Sunrise but it is false.
Ginny

United States

#16 Aug 10, 2010
Do you work all shifts Karma? Are you on every hall 24/7? Shut up.
Ginny

United States

#17 Aug 10, 2010
One more thing Karma, the assistant director of nursing stated that the facility is " going" to be a restraint-free facility & unless that has come into effect in the past month, it isn't "restraint free" YET! It sure wasn't two months ago. You don't know what you are talking about. You probably work in housekeeping. Go get back on your broom moron.
United States

#18 Aug 10, 2010
No I don't work every shift but I have seen more of that place than you. You are probably just some ex employee running your mouth. YOU have no idea what you are talking about. Yes not every employee does things the way they are suppose to, but for the most part everyone does. I am not housekeeping I am nursing. What kind of license do you have?
Ginny

United States

#19 Aug 10, 2010
I'm a pharmacist. Would you like for me to recommend something for your brain?
United States

#20 Aug 10, 2010
Wow you are extremely immature... I am not fighting with you. If that is your opinion and that is what you want to believe fine; however, I am just telling you you do not have your facts right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black rioters burn Church blame Whites. 2 hr Robert J Carpenter 16
Ferguson Apes stink up Wal-Mart. 2 hr Robert J Carpenter 4
Ferguson Rugheads go Apesh*t. 8 hr Robert J Carpenter 22
Jennifer Young 16 hr Wondering 1
cherish gilliland (Feb '13) 16 hr shelly mullins 9
the goings family 22 hr see yaaaa 1
Ted Nugent hates N!@@ers!!!!!! 23 hr Mark Fisher 4
Marion Dating
Find my Match

Marion People Search