closing the meth clinic down

closing the meth clinic down

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fed up

Asheville, NC

#1 Mar 18, 2014
i don't know about everyone else but , i think its time to shut down the "meth clinic" , i met a 25 yr old boy and his 60 yr old mother, who moved here from ohio, because we had a meth clinic, he said they don't want to quit they came because they can get it leagally, i'm sorry but the clinic is just drug pushers, i've never heard of anyone getting clean from it, that boy and his mother has been going for years and still get the same amount, i thought they were suspose to ween them from it. i've also heard the workers need to be drug tested.meth addicts are coming here from everywhere. we need to make a stand. no other state has this. we need to close it down. don't know what i can do but i'm going to try. its time to take down the sign that say marion, nc welcomes meth addict
I agree

Candler, NC

#2 Mar 18, 2014
I agree. I am all about helping anyone but if they go and keep going after years and years they are just wanting to get high and by the time they quit they'll all be so bad that they will die from withdrawal. Its very sad. These methadone people are walking zombies!!! & the clinic keeps feeding them!
blue eyes

Asheville, NC

#3 Mar 18, 2014
Um, no. Its not just for drug pushers. Im not saying it doesn't get abused by any means, but there are people who have went and got help from the METHADONE clinic and straightened their lives up completely. They just need to be a bit more strict on how long people can stay on the methadone and they should not let people take doses home with them. Because a lot of people end up selling them. All the dumbasses give the place a bad rep as well as the ones who don't abuse the help.
ARE YOU RETARDED

Burnsville, NC

#4 Mar 19, 2014
Do you even know that it is METHADONE, Not meth ? Um Methadone is legal in all 50 states & it is very much legal in Ohio, they did not JUST move here for the great Methadone supply there are clinics all over the country & the Methadone clinic has all kinds of people & some of them do go there to get better and recover, & yes there are some who do it just to get high for free but WITHOUT the methadone clinic this town would be NOTHING BUT people going around robbing, stealing, and killing just to get the pain meds they feel like they need & trust me opioid withdraws are the worst kind if you do not believe me turn on your TV or read a book or ask a doctor. Honestly you sound like an ignorant judgmental person TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS "This town would be 90% worse without the methadone clinic" & there are clinics in Hickory Asheville & 1,000's of counties in just NC there are not any in Burke county Avery Mitchell & Yancey places like that but they do not have alot of the things we do. Are you a recovering addict ? if not & you have not been there then you do not know what you are talking about & you should really stick to things you do know about...like being a judgmental asshole :) Oh & BTW no matter how many anonymous posts you make saying they should shut down the Methadone Clinic, it will never happen because that place makes about $10,000 a day, Trust me it aint going anywhere IN FACT THEY ARE ABOUT TO MOVE TO A BIGGER BETTER BUILDING THE OLD MCDOWELL FAMILY MEDICINE OFFICE BECAUSE THEY NEED MORE SPACE!!!! ;)
Wiliams Momma

Burnsville, NC

#5 Mar 19, 2014
My William has been going there for years and he is almost well. The methadone has effected his thinking.
Lee

United States

#6 Mar 19, 2014
ARE YOU RETARDED wrote:
Do you even know that it is METHADONE, Not meth ? Um Methadone is legal in all 50 states & it is very much legal in Ohio, they did not JUST move here for the great Methadone supply there are clinics all over the country & the Methadone clinic has all kinds of people & some of them do go there to get better and recover, & yes there are some who do it just to get high for free but WITHOUT the methadone clinic this town would be NOTHING BUT people going around robbing, stealing, and killing just to get the pain meds they feel like they need & trust me opioid withdraws are the worst kind if you do not believe me turn on your TV or read a book or ask a doctor. Honestly you sound like an ignorant judgmental person TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS "This town would be 90% worse without the methadone clinic" & there are clinics in Hickory Asheville & 1,000's of counties in just NC there are not any in Burke county Avery Mitchell & Yancey places like that but they do not have alot of the things we do. Are you a recovering addict ? if not & you have not been there then you do not know what you are talking about & you should really stick to things you do know about...like being a judgmental asshole :) Oh & BTW no matter how many anonymous posts you make saying they should shut down the Methadone Clinic, it will never happen because that place makes about $10,000 a day, Trust me it aint going anywhere IN FACT THEY ARE ABOUT TO MOVE TO A BIGGER BETTER BUILDING THE OLD MCDOWELL FAMILY MEDICINE OFFICE BECAUSE THEY NEED MORE SPACE!!!! ;)
Very well said!! What an idiot..did they actually think you could get meth legally? Bahahaha.
And I support anything that helps people. Sure there are people who don't take treatment seriously but overall its there to help people. I'm a recovering addict and I also can't stand to hear people complain when they know nothing about the situation
fed up

Asheville, NC

#7 Mar 19, 2014
ARE YOU RETARDED wrote:
Do you even know that it is METHADONE, Not meth ? Um Methadone is legal in all 50 states & it is very much legal in Ohio, they did not JUST move here for the great Methadone supply there are clinics all over the country & the Methadone clinic has all kinds of people & some of them do go there to get better and recover, & yes there are some who do it just to get high for free but WITHOUT the methadone clinic this town would be NOTHING BUT people going around robbing, stealing, and killing just to get the pain meds they feel like they need & trust me opioid withdraws are the worst kind if you do not believe me turn on your TV or read a book or ask a doctor. Honestly you sound like an ignorant judgmental person TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS "This town would be 90% worse without the methadone clinic" & there are clinics in Hickory Asheville & 1,000's of counties in just NC there are not any in Burke county Avery Mitchell & Yancey places like that but they do not have alot of the things we do. Are you a recovering addict ? if not & you have not been there then you do not know what you are talking about & you should really stick to things you do know about...like being a judgmental asshole :) Oh & BTW no matter how many anonymous posts you make saying they should shut down the Methadone Clinic, it will never happen because that place makes about $10,000 a day, Trust me it aint going anywhere IN FACT THEY ARE ABOUT TO MOVE TO A BIGGER BETTER BUILDING THE OLD MCDOWELL FAMILY MEDICINE OFFICE BECAUSE THEY NEED MORE SPACE!!!! ;)
apparently you are one of the user and no need to call names, just because the truth hurts, and i don't add my own bad post
ARE YOU RETARDED

Burnsville, NC

#8 Mar 19, 2014
So what if I was? & FOR YOUR IGNORANT INFORMATION, I am not a "USER" I am one of the small percent of people who do not abuse the clinic, I almost died during childbirth as well as had to have a anesthesiologist dig in my spine for 3 hours because I had such advacned Thoracic Scoliosis and after he done so for 3 hours he still did not even get my epidural to work which I very much needed because My child was pressing on my siotic nerve & had been for the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy as well as my tail bone was broke from a car accident, I then had to be rushed to the O.R. For an emergency surgery to remove 6 blot clots because I was bleeding to death soon after having my son & they did not have enough time to get me to the O.R. & in surgery SO.....They had to remove them by hand & press on my stomach as hard as possible as well roughly put their hands inside of me after just pushing out a over 8 pound baby & I am a 115 pound girl so needless to say this broke my pelvis & cause severe pain & damage & at this point I had never taken pain meds except for a oral surgery years before. That day during my procedure after my son was born the doc had tp push 100 MLG of fetanol through my IV so I did not go into cardiac arrest from my BP from the extreme pain .....I & my son are lucky to be here but My spine , neck, brain stem, pelvis, and tail bone were not so lucky that day, I am in serious pain every day of my life, I was prescribed pain medication that very day Oxy to be exact (not that you deserve to know any of this because you are so judgmental) and I only took it as I needed it & at 1st I never took it because I have seen how bad addictive they are BUT I needed them & after being in pain to the point that I could not care for my son I started taking them as the doctor told me too, then I needed more because I grew a potency for them. But the pain got worse I went to doctor after doctor, in Asheville, Winston Salem Charlotte, But NO ONE knew just what to do to help me more pain meds were prescribed and surgeries were scheduled and then I started getting to the point where I would run out of pain meds & I would get sick & all though they were just a phone call away because my docs knew I NEEDED THEM .....I did not like feeling like they controlled me, NEVER NOT ONCE did the pill addiction get out of hand I always took wonderful care of my child I always done what I was supposed too, & I am also a LPN which is just one semester away from being a REGISTERED NURSE, I am a good person I am not some piece of crap drug addict. After running out of meds on a Sunday and being in pain to the point where I could not even get out of bed ...& my doctor's office was closed and was out of town (I had her cell # & she would have called me in some meds but she was on Vacay) I was driven to buy pills off of someone illeagly .....am I the only good person who has done this? HECK NO! Do I feel bad for it..? A little, But I did not have much of a choice it was either do this or not be able to take care of my child. 2 days later I went to see my doctor & good friend (Because like I said I am a Nurse) & I told her I am not going down the road I seen my mother go down because my Mother as well has serious medical issues & NEEDS pain medication as many people do & she too became addicted to them as also many people do but she did not get help she decided to just suffer for 10 years and caused me & my brother & father to suffer as well. I was not doing this to my son so I told my doctor then & there, I can not do this no more!!!! She gave me prescription for methadone but could only do so for 3 months so I then had to start attending the Methadone Clinic who is not allowed to take people unless they have been Opioid addicts for at least 3 years I was accepted anyays after less than 9 months
ARE YOU RETARDED

Burnsville, NC

#9 Mar 19, 2014
The clinic has tighted up on their policies as well & you can no longer go up on doses or get take homes or even get any kind of a dose unless you pass all drug tests. You obviously have never been an addict so HOW DARE YOU JUDGE!!!! GOD FROWNS UPON PEOPLE LIKE YOU MY DEAR!!! I am a Nurse I am a good person I will soon be an EMT/Paramedic & it is just TOO DARN BAD that a ex-Methadone addict may just be the person who saves your life or the life of someone you know...someday. It just goes to show what you know. Not everyone who takes methadone is a drug addict or bad person.....Some people are prescribed it by their regular doctor like I was there are many elderly people prescribed it as well as active military & police men & women because it is a pain medication with the least side effects & leaves them able to do their job. & If we just SHUT down places like the McLoed clinic & leave addicts with no help ....what do you think will happen....what do you suggest we do to help them? To keep the ones who are crazy 7 bad people from robbing you in wal-mart parking lot & stabbing you to death for your purse or your prescription bag ???? That is like someone saying....WELL THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO ABUSE THE GOVERMENT BENIFITS LIKE MEDICAID & FOOD STAMPS & WORK FIRST SO LETS JUST SHUT DOWN THE SOCIAL SERVICES SO THE BAD ONES CAN'T GET HELP & WHO CARES ABOUT THE MOTHERS & FATHERS WHO DEPEND ON IT TO STAY ALIVE & GET THROUGH LIFE UNTIL THEY REACH A HARD TIME. You make me sick & I will be praying for you & I really hope that you never need to be prescribbed pain meds because it just may you one day who finds your self addicted to them, OR you may just get your wish & they MAY (ya that is not going to happen but..) just get your "WISH" & they may shut down the clinic & you may be the next person we see on the local news who had their home broke into because the methadone clinic was closed down & a crazed addict was fennin & broke down your front door & had a gun & robbed you at gun point stole everything you had worth anything & then looked through your medications & when you didn't have what he wanted he may just get mad & decide to shoot you & your family just because he is not thinking straight because he did not have the help he needed & well there you go you got what you wanted. Seems like to me you did not put very much thought into this one.....But then again you are clueless you think the clinic gives out free "METH" HAHAHA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#10 Mar 19, 2014
fed up wrote:
i don't know about everyone else but , i think its time to shut down the "meth clinic" , i met a 25 yr old boy and his 60 yr old mother, who moved here from ohio, because we had a meth clinic, he said they don't want to quit they came because they can get it leagally, i'm sorry but the clinic is just drug pushers, i've never heard of anyone getting clean from it, that boy and his mother has been going for years and still get the same amount, i thought they were suspose to ween them from it. i've also heard the workers need to be drug tested.meth addicts are coming here from everywhere. we need to make a stand. no other state has this. we need to close it down. don't know what i can do but i'm going to try. its time to take down the sign that say marion, nc welcomes meth addict
Yes you are right lets shut down the clinic tomorrow morning. Think crime is bad here now? It's NOTHING compared to what it would be if that clinic was closed. And yes I know that people abuse assistance of any kind and that is never going to change. As long as someone who needed meds and didn't get them didn't mess with you or your family it's ok right? But what if they did? Then how would you feel?
Really

United States

#11 Mar 19, 2014
"Are You Retarded" must be kind of slow herself! How are you one semester away from being a R.N. with the grammar and spelling skills exhibited in that "paragraph", for lack if a better term.
A patient in intractable pain should never run out of meds after the initial titration period, unless their meds are being abused, sold, stolen or lost - diverted is the term authorities like to use.
Short acting opioids that are potent enough for breakthrough pain in a long term patient will generally be a schedule/class II and can not be called in except for emergency situations and that is typically for never more than a two day supply - then it has to be followed up within 48 hours with a written rx. Schedule III meds can be called in, but the typical III meds are not used as a treatment modality in a life-long chronic pain situation - with the general exception of Dolophine.
While I sympathize and empathize with those with true intractable type pain cases, there is no excuse for "running out" of meds once your initial titration period and a steady therapeutic blood plasma level has been reached.
If you are using that many non-time release/instant release opioids or oure opiates, you have an unsympathetic (read wrong!) doctor or you are abusing the medication.
There are definitive synergistic and potentiating medications that you surely need to discuss with your physician, not your street side pharmaceutical rep, such as some of the heavy hitting non-opioids like Lyrica, Cymbalta, NSAIDS (meloxicam, diclofenac), et al.
YOU REALLY ARE RETARDED

Burnsville, NC

#12 Mar 20, 2014
Really wrote:
"Are You Retarded" must be kind of slow herself! How are you one semester away from being a R.N. with the grammar and spelling skills exhibited in that "paragraph", for lack if a better term.
A patient in intractable pain should never run out of meds after the initial titration period, unless their meds are being abused, sold, stolen or lost - diverted is the term authorities like to use.
Short acting opioids that are potent enough for breakthrough pain in a long term patient will generally be a schedule/class II and can not be called in except for emergency situations and that is typically for never more than a two day supply - then it has to be followed up within 48 hours with a written rx. Schedule III meds can be called in, but the typical III meds are not used as a treatment modality in a life-long chronic pain situation - with the general exception of Dolophine.
While I sympathize and empathize with those with true intractable type pain cases, there is no excuse for "running out" of meds once your initial titration period and a steady therapeutic blood plasma level has been reached.
If you are using that many non-time release/instant release opioids or oure opiates, you have an unsympathetic (read wrong!) doctor or you are abusing the medication.
There are definitive synergistic and potentiating medications that you surely need to discuss with your physician, not your street side pharmaceutical rep, such as some of the heavy hitting non-opioids like Lyrica, Cymbalta, NSAIDS (meloxicam, diclofenac), et al.
Um.....No it is called devolving a potency to the meds you are on and since you know so much why do you not know that people who are on pain meds for long time periods must be changed to different milligrams & and variations of prescription pain methods....? & Since you know so much why aren't you a RN or a M.D.? & when I say I am one semester away from an RN don't ya think MAYBE I AM IN SCHOOL FINISHING IT....??? You are stupider than you sound, & yes you are right my grammar was terrible but then again most people do not have perfect grammar when they are riding passenger seat texting a paragraph on a cell phone during a road trip, I feel sorry for people like you who have nothing better to do than to spend that much time of their life typing a paragraph about something that has nothing to do with them!!! I was on a cell phoe & had that paragraph done in 4 mins & if I had not I would have said screw it because I HAVE A LIFE!!!! & BTW to the person who started this forum saying we should shut the clinic down..... METHADONE is: a synthetic analgesic drug that is similar to morphine in its effects but longer acting, used as a substitute drug in the treatment of morphine and heroin addiction. METH is:Methamphetamine is taken orally, smoked, snorted, or dissolved in water or alcohol and injected. Smoking or injecting the drug delivers it very quickly to the brain, where it produces an immediate, intense euphoria. Because the pleasure also fades quickly, users often take repeated doses, in a “binge and crash” pattern. HERE ARE THE FACTS SO YOU CAN HAVE THEM STRAIGHT. The 1st one is safe, does not cause people to act crazy in fact it makes them lazy & gets them on a normal pattern of life as opposed to living the life of an addict ! Meth will never allow someone to act normal that is something to worry about, did you really think a 25 yr old & his 60 yr old G-ma moved here from Ohio because we are the only place for 100's of miles that gave out FREE METH??? ROTFL!!!! BLESS IT!

“Well yeah...”

Since: Sep 09

Right next to ya

#13 Mar 20, 2014
YOU REALLY ARE RETARDED wrote:
<quoted text>Um.....No it is called devolving a potency to the meds you are on and since you know so much why do you not know that people who are on pain meds for long time periods must be changed to different milligrams & and variations of prescription pain methods....? & Since you know so much why aren't you a RN or a M.D.? & when I say I am one semester away from an RN don't ya think MAYBE I AM IN SCHOOL FINISHING IT....??? You are stupider than you sound, & yes you are right my grammar was terrible but then again most people do not have perfect grammar when they are riding passenger seat texting a paragraph on a cell phone during a road trip, I feel sorry for people like you who have nothing better to do than to spend that much time of their life typing a paragraph about something that has nothing to do with them!!! I was on a cell phoe & had that paragraph done in 4 mins & if I had not I would have said screw it because I HAVE A LIFE!!!! & BTW to the person who started this forum saying we should shut the clinic down..... METHADONE is: a synthetic analgesic drug that is similar to morphine in its effects but longer acting, used as a substitute drug in the treatment of morphine and heroin addiction. METH is:Methamphetamine is taken orally, smoked, snorted, or dissolved in water or alcohol and injected. Smoking or injecting the drug delivers it very quickly to the brain, where it produces an immediate, intense euphoria. Because the pleasure also fades quickly, users often take repeated doses, in a “binge and crash” pattern. HERE ARE THE FACTS SO YOU CAN HAVE THEM STRAIGHT. The 1st one is safe, does not cause people to act crazy in fact it makes them lazy & gets them on a normal pattern of life as opposed to living the life of an addict ! Meth will never allow someone to act normal that is something to worry about, did you really think a 25 yr old & his 60 yr old G-ma moved here from Ohio because we are the only place for 100's of miles that gave out FREE METH??? ROTFL!!!! BLESS IT!
Devolving a potency? You better go back and look at that chapter again ..
Really

Asheville, NC

#14 Mar 20, 2014
Lol, your sentence, spelling, grammar and paragraph structure did not improve in your response.

Seriously, you are about to finish your R.N. program? Right, lmmfao. I can imagine your charts now. Another nurse, physician or assistant needs to read them, but will have to hire an elementary teacher to translate your torturous abuse of the language. We all make mistakes, especially on touchscreen smart phones, but it is easy to surmise or extrapolate the basic lack of comprehension with the shear volume of mistakes. You should probably dust up on your lying skills.

I am quite certain I know pharmaceuticals as well as you and most likely much better. My credentials are of no concern in this discourse as I have not alluded to any career path or set of professional skills, much less allude to almost being a registered nurse as you have. If becoming a registered nurse can happen by someone with your level of intellect, the need for education for these positions is obviated.

Methadone is an opioid. It is in the same class as as morphine only because it is a schedule II narcotic analgesic. Morphine is FAR from being an opioid. As a matter of fact, it is the archetypal opiate!

Habituation indeed happens, but after a relatively short period (though it may seem like a long period to the patient) of reaching a certain threshold, a long term intractable chronic pain patient very rarely needs dose adjustments within short periods (less than 12 to 18 months). Terminally sick patients, especially cancer patients, are quite the different story as analgesics are sometimes used in an almost euthanasia manner.

I know these things because I have educated myself, received formal education on the subject, am a cancer survivor as well as being a chronic pain patient for nearly 20 years. I have never ran out of medicines, called doctors begging to have a RX called in or rambled on as incoherently as you have in your paragraphs - not even after waking up with 350 stitches and staples from an incision large enough to put a football in. Sometimes you have to put your big boy/big girl underwear on and tough it out. Get back to us when you aren't in a haze or justifying to yourself your abuse.

I will sit back and watch this thread and you implode.
grow up

Barnardsville, NC

#15 Mar 20, 2014
WHY DID YOU EVEN BOTHER WASTING SO MUCH OF YOUR TIME COMMENTING ON A FORUM THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU? THE METHADONE CLINIC IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY & NO MATTER HOW SMART YOU THINK YOU ARE SO GET A LIFE & STOP WORRYING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE HELPING OTHERS. If it is not helping you then stop reading these posts!!!! YOU ARE VERY IMMATURE TO SOUND SO SMART! & BTW spell check could tell anyone how to spell anything right if they take the time to use it, maybe she did not want to take the time for it & WHO ARE YOU TO GET ON HERE & JUDGE A GIRL WHO JUST GOT ON HERE & TOLD HER STORY OF RECOVERY & IS JUST SAYING I AM THE FEW WHO DO NOT ABUSE THIS HELP...... WHY ARENT YOU A DOCTOR OR A NURSE YOURSELF? I know you are not because if you were you would be sleeping every min of your free time or taking care of your life but you obviously do not have one. PLEASE F*CK OFF!:)
sonya

Cowpens, SC

#16 Mar 20, 2014
i to have problems with pain from female problems an the doctors office said they was not taking patience now i hurt bad all.the time but cant get help from doctors or the hospittal they keep making me come back for more appointmints and more appointmints tell me to take advil but i need help please where do go please help
Really

Cowpens, SC

#17 Mar 20, 2014
grow up wrote:
WHY DID YOU EVEN BOTHER WASTING SO MUCH OF YOUR TIME COMMENTING ON A FORUM THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU? THE METHADONE CLINIC IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY & NO MATTER HOW SMART YOU THINK YOU ARE SO GET A LIFE & STOP WORRYING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE HELPING OTHERS. If it is not helping you then stop reading these posts!!!! YOU ARE VERY IMMATURE TO SOUND SO SMART! & BTW spell check could tell anyone how to spell anything right if they take the time to use it, maybe she did not want to take the time for it & WHO ARE YOU TO GET ON HERE & JUDGE A GIRL WHO JUST GOT ON HERE & TOLD HER STORY OF RECOVERY & IS JUST SAYING I AM THE FEW WHO DO NOT ABUSE THIS HELP...... WHY ARENT YOU A DOCTOR OR A NURSE YOURSELF? I know you are not because if you were you would be sleeping every min of your free time or taking care of your life but you obviously do not have one. PLEASE F*CK OFF!:)
I see your CAPS LOCK key is stuck. It can generally be found towards the lower left and lower right if any QWERTY keyboard made in the last 30 years. If you are typing in caps to yell, it only serves to highlight your ignorance. Typically it is used to highlight a word or short phrase to provide emphasis.

I am not a physician or a nurse. However I am taking 18 credit hours of classes this semester (with a 4.0 GPA), raising a child and working a full schedule.

I am sure the previous poster has had and probably still has pain, however, the best way to lose the confidence ofbyour healthcare providers is running out of meds early and calling for emergency scripts. They are both serious red flags and will prove to incumber their future with pain management clinics. They are both serious red flags of abuse and diversion.

The methadone clinic is a godsend for some people and in the end saves the public copious amounts of money and space in prisons. I am socially liberal and believe that consentual non-violent "crimes" should not lead yo incarceration. That being said, for every person that abuses and diverts analgesic meds makes it very, very difficult for someone with legitimate needs from getting what they need and also promotes the DEA, FDA and other agencies to tighten down the vise on the niche.

Fwiw, if the previous poster is a candidate for pain management due to intractable pain, methadone is actually a decent extended release analgesic. The reason a large percentage of chronic pain patients do not take methadone is due to the fact that it is not as euphoric as instant release meds - especially when mixed with any one of several anxiolytics.

I have as much as a right to post on this public forum, especially when pill abusers that make it difficult for people with legitimate needs to get the care they need without having to deal with all the obstacles and being treated like a criminal because of said pill abusers.

That being said, fuck off yourself, cockring.
grow up

Barnardsville, NC

#18 Mar 21, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your CAPS LOCK key is stuck. It can generally be found towards the lower left and lower right if any QWERTY keyboard made in the last 30 years. If you are typing in caps to yell, it only serves to highlight your ignorance. Typically it is used to highlight a word or short phrase to provide emphasis.
I am not a physician or a nurse. However I am taking 18 credit hours of classes this semester (with a 4.0 GPA), raising a child and working a full schedule.
I am sure the previous poster has had and probably still has pain, however, the best way to lose the confidence ofbyour healthcare providers is running out of meds early and calling for emergency scripts. They are both serious red flags and will prove to incumber their future with pain management clinics. They are both serious red flags of abuse and diversion.
The methadone clinic is a godsend for some people and in the end saves the public copious amounts of money and space in prisons. I am socially liberal and believe that consentual non-violent "crimes" should not lead yo incarceration. That being said, for every person that abuses and diverts analgesic meds makes it very, very difficult for someone with legitimate needs from getting what they need and also promotes the DEA, FDA and other agencies to tighten down the vise on the niche.
Fwiw, if the previous poster is a candidate for pain management due to intractable pain, methadone is actually a decent extended release analgesic. The reason a large percentage of chronic pain patients do not take methadone is due to the fact that it is not as euphoric as instant release meds - especially when mixed with any one of several anxiolytics.
I have as much as a right to post on this public forum, especially when pill abusers that make it difficult for people with legitimate needs to get the care they need without having to deal with all the obstacles and being treated like a criminal because of said pill abusers.
That being said, fuck off yourself, cockring.
Seriously I can not even get past the first two sentences of ANYTHING you have posted because you are SO boring & EVERYTHING you have said has nothing to do with the M. Clinic, Drug addiction & help for drug addicts OR a GOOD reason as to WHY it should be closed down them why don't you stop wasting your time typing these long paragraphs that even the person you have bitchingly posted them towards has not even read them LMAO!!! Seroiusly! All I was saying is that if the 1st lady who made this forum has no other reason as to why our Methadone Clinic should be closed down, other than because she THOUGHT they gave out FREE METH,(BTW the clinic is NOT FREE to anyone, they do not accept insurance & it cost $77 a week which is cheaper than a pill or heroin addiction) or because she is sick of it & because she THOUGHT it was the only clinic anywhere 100's of miles from here....then she needs to just find a different lost cause to waste her time on, & Honestly you do too! You really worry me someone with grammar & someone able to use words as big as you do, & also someone who THINKS they are better than a young mother who admits to her mistakes, got help, worked her butt off for collage degrees, and all you can say top her is rude statements about her spelling & you can quote text books all you want about what you think you know about pain meds & addiction but those books do not tell you what it is REALLY like to be a prescription pain pill addict & I KNOW that you are not an addict or a recovering addict so unless you know what it is like why don't you go do something better with your time like I dunno.....GET A LIFE. I an not a RN because I chose to attend a paramedic & 1st respond program & I am currently undergoing training to be a flight nurse if I choose to further myself I will then attend a one year program to have my degree in that. By the time I have officially chose my long-term career I will have saved more lives....
grow up

Barnardsville, NC

#19 Mar 21, 2014
Then you have read about in your little apps & books that you read & get off on to teach you how to sound like a intelligent smart ass on TOPIX & Earlier you stated that you are not a professional in medicane or paramedicals so just what are you......? I wanna be? A medical school or Paramedicals drop out? Or did you not even get accepted in the 1st place? Yes my grammar & my choice of words on a website where people hide behind fake names and say things they would never even imagine saying to each others face, may not be medical school material but whether you want to believe it or not I was accepted into 2 medical universities, but I chose my young child and family. I do not want to invest all of my time into a job that will the ntake even more time away from my family AFTER I am done with school, & if there every was such a job it would be in the medical profession. So if you are not a professional & do not work in meicane then how do you know anything about the subject....?(You do not know as much as you seem to think) & Since you are so text book savvy try these they are great they are my most current reads.... GOOD LUCK ;) I am sure you have the time to knock them out....You seem to have a lot of free time I am sure a jerk like you has no family wife/husband or kids.....If so....I do apologize, not sure to whom I apologize to more in that situation, you or them......:/(: TaTa for now! & BTW I refuse to waste anymore time on you ...fell free to reply in anyway you chose but as soon as you do I am sending a request to have this forum deleted ^& condidering EVERY FORUM on this site is grounds for slander.....it will be gone withing 2 hours after my request is sent....SORRY TO THE CONCERNED DUMB ASS WHO STARTED THIS FORUM AT LEAST YOU KNOW NOW THAT MARION DOES NOT GIVE OUT FREE METH!!!! I do believe some investigating needs to be done as too whether or not they are giving out free STUPID PILLS out though it seems as if you have had more than your fair share of the free samples of those :)
grow up

Barnardsville, NC

#20 Mar 21, 2014
These are the Reads I was talking about I ran out of space on the paragraph on my phone....:

Sabiston's Atlas of General Surgery
NMS Surgery
Surgical Recall (good for residents)
Mont Reid Surgical Handbook (good to keep in your coat pocket)
Cope's Diagnosis of the Acute Abdomen

Just think of how smart you will feel & Sound after reading these ;)[especially on social networking sites]

Enjoy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNC sees unease over corporal punishment (Apr '08) 2 hr Perv Hid In Lift 207
Tubing? Kayaking? 15 hr house arrest 6
Legend Deon Pressley 22 hr r0b1nh00d 12
Does anyone know if Russell Neighbors is still ... 22 hr r0b1nh00d 11
Greg Parker.... 23 hr Only in Marion 2
Night life? Fun events? 23 hr Restless 1
Counterfeit Bust 23 hr No sympathy 1

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages