scrap metal laws are interferring wit...

scrap metal laws are interferring with our rights

Posted in the Marion Forum

Since: Sep 12

Asheville, NC

#1 Oct 5, 2012
I don't like any law that stops innocent folks from transporting goods on our highways that does'nt pose a health or other risk to others on the highway. Carrying copper or other such scrap has no risk to anyone. Our rights as tax paying citizens should not be underscored just because thieves are among us. Punishing the righteous for the criminals sake is too much. People need to see the importance of protecting our rights is more important than that. I do not sell copper but I do use the highways and I don't want others to take away any priviledge that we as americans and citizens have.I know folks who do sell copper and they are not thieves. Let the truth be known, just how much is this legislation gonna take from us?
Paper boy

Weaverville, NC

#2 Oct 5, 2012
I though democrats like new laws to protect them and there ever move.
get a life

Asheville, NC

#3 Oct 5, 2012
skullcracker wrote:
I don't like any law that stops innocent folks from transporting goods on our highways that does'nt pose a health or other risk to others on the highway. Carrying copper or other such scrap has no risk to anyone. Our rights as tax paying citizens should not be underscored just because thieves are among us. Punishing the righteous for the criminals sake is too much. People need to see the importance of protecting our rights is more important than that. I do not sell copper but I do use the highways and I don't want others to take away any priviledge that we as americans and citizens have.I know folks who do sell copper and they are not thieves. Let the truth be known, just how much is this legislation gonna take from us?
The people stealing are making the honest people suffer.
police cop

Nebo, NC

#4 Oct 5, 2012
the only people i ever see scrappin metal are meth head tweakers at ray rolands
ChumLee

Marion, NC

#5 Oct 6, 2012
skullcracker wrote:
Hey dumbass...the law didn't state that you couldn't transport copper, it only limited how much. If it weren't for low-life, too lazy to work deadbeats...this law wouldn't have been necessary. Just wait until you're a victim of one of these thieving bastards and your views of the law will change. This law didn't take anything from us...it might just save you from getting your heat pump or other metals stolen. Wake up!

Asheville, NC

#6 Oct 6, 2012
I agree that thieves are among us and I agree I will not like it when someone steals from me. It has happened already. I had a complete vehicle stolen by rollback from the side of the road. Do I enact a law that stops innocent people from having their vehicles towed when broken down? Can you see the difference? Its not the crooks that suffer. Crooks will always find a way to make it work. Its the nature of the beast.
geisha gurrl

Asheville, NC

#7 Oct 6, 2012
it goes against my rights sometimes i dont get to polish a nob for a rock so i have to sell scrao

Asheville, NC

#8 Oct 6, 2012
There are honest folks who sell much more than 25 lbs at a time to help make ends meet, and even if it is for profit only, they earn the right to carry as much as they want by paying road taxes and such. The government already has a set limit on weight based on road use, etc. Lets put the right laws in place.
Instead of forcing us to cope with wrongs that others do, lets penalize the right ones. Say ten years in prison for theft instead of a slap on the wrist...
ChumLee

Marion, NC

#10 Oct 7, 2012
skullcracker wrote:
I agree that thieves are among us and I agree I will not like it when someone steals from me. It has happened already. I had a complete vehicle stolen by rollback from the side of the road. Do I enact a law that stops innocent people from having their vehicles towed when broken down? Can you see the difference? Its not the crooks that suffer. Crooks will always find a way to make it work. Its the nature of the beast.
You comparing apples to oranges....not even close to being the same thing. Hell yes stop people from towing cars that they do not have legitimate reason for!
ChumLee

Marion, NC

#11 Oct 7, 2012
skullcracker wrote:
There are honest folks who sell much more than 25 lbs at a time to help make ends meet, and even if it is for profit only, they earn the right to carry as much as they want by paying road taxes and such. The government already has a set limit on weight based on road use, etc. Lets put the right laws in place.
Instead of forcing us to cope with wrongs that others do, lets penalize the right ones. Say ten years in prison for theft instead of a slap on the wrist...
Ok....then you give a fair solution instead of bitching???

Asheville, NC

#12 Oct 7, 2012
Whats not fair about giving law breakers good solid ten years for copper theft? How about this...
You steal copper we peel your ass off! Flay! Flay!Flay!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Walker 2 hr choir lady 4
Apple Moving to Marion 4 hr SocialNews 3
Pupoh 8 hr What 1
Trump Voters Screwed Themselves & The Rest of Us (Mar '17) 13 hr Right wing 843
Refinery 13 13 hr Another option 16
Beware Of These People 16 hr Legends and Losers 6
Bobby Cook? 23 hr Please 3

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance