Full Time Principal/Part Time Bartend...

Full Time Principal/Part Time Bartender????

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Lucy

Marion, NC

#1 Jan 24, 2013
My son attends PG school. And it was just brought to my attention from another parent that PGs Principal Susan Westall is a part time bartender at After 5!!!!! I understand times are hard and people need 2 jobs to get by, but I do not like this at all!! Am I over reacting or does anyone see where I am coming from? This lady is to look out for our children Monday thru Friday then come that night and weekend, she probably puts on a new face, a new personality, a new wardrobe and is NOT the person you would want being the head of an Elementary School! Any other PG Parents here agree with me? Or does anyone know who I should contact with my feelings on this matter?.. there are just some reprecussions of this being her second job. The world is crazy, and who knows how it could affect her coming into that school on a Monday morning... I am thinking a woman with no children could live quite well off the salary of a school principal.. so my guess is this is not a second job! More like a second lifestyle! And I know there is no problem with a principal having a social life outside of work, having a drink outside of work, but for this to be a SECOND JOB!? Is being a Principal of an elemebtary school, with those sweet childrena faces, not rewarding enough?!!!

People can bash me and tell me to take my son to another school... But my family and other children have all attended PG Elementary, love the area, love the school, and love the teachers! But I do not love this information that was brought to my attention today.
Lucy

Marion, NC

#2 Jan 24, 2013
and before the grammar police start attacking me, yes! I made some grammar mistakes in the above comment just because of my frustration with the matter at hand.
Silly

Ellenboro, NC

#3 Jan 24, 2013
Lucy wrote:
My son attends PG school. And it was just brought to my attention from another parent that PGs Principal Susan Westall is a part time bartender at After 5!!!!! I understand times are hard and people need 2 jobs to get by, but I do not like this at all!! Am I over reacting or does anyone see where I am coming from? This lady is to look out for our children Monday thru Friday then come that night and weekend, she probably puts on a new face, a new personality, a new wardrobe and is NOT the person you would want being the head of an Elementary School! Any other PG Parents here agree with me? Or does anyone know who I should contact with my feelings on this matter?.. there are just some reprecussions of this being her second job. The world is crazy, and who knows how it could affect her coming into that school on a Monday morning... I am thinking a woman with no children could live quite well off the salary of a school principal.. so my guess is this is not a second job! More like a second lifestyle! And I know there is no problem with a principal having a social life outside of work, having a drink outside of work, but for this to be a SECOND JOB!? Is being a Principal of an elemebtary school, with those sweet childrena faces, not rewarding enough?!!!

People can bash me and tell me to take my son to another school... But my family and other children have all attended PG Elementary, love the area, love the school, and love the teachers! But I do not love this information that was brought to my attention today.
You are being silly. What she does after hours is none of anyone's concern. She isn't breaking any laws. She isn't coming to work drunk. Nothing is affecting your child or his education. No children are being endangered by her. Stop trying to stir something else up.
Lucy

Marion, NC

#4 Jan 24, 2013
Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being silly. What she does after hours is none of anyone's concern. She isn't breaking any laws. She isn't coming to work drunk. Nothing is affecting your child or his education. No children are being endangered by her. Stop trying to stir something else up.
Appreciate your response.
sherry

Marion, NC

#5 Jan 24, 2013
I am right there with ya Lucy. I believe they need to do a brand new background check based on some of my findings
Samuel Adams

Marion, NC

#6 Jan 24, 2013
Who cares nothing wrong with bar tending. Now if she was a stripper that'd be different. Some people aren't qualified to be parents but we can't stop them for Pete's sake she mixes drinks! Little bit holier than thou don't you think?
Samuel Adams

Marion, NC

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Also I call bs I think you are trying to stir the pot to cause problems. Why not talk to her about your concerns.....oh wait that'd be the grown up thing to do.
Figure

Morganton, NC

#8 Jan 24, 2013
Samuel Adams wrote:
Who cares nothing wrong with bar tending. Now if she was a stripper that'd be different. Some people aren't qualified to be parents but we can't stop them for Pete's sake she mixes drinks! Little bit holier than thou don't you think?
Depends on how her body looks if she should be a stripper or not. Is she pretty?
PGPreacher

Burnsville, NC

#9 Jan 24, 2013
Lucy wrote:
You have apparently went to one of them teaparty churches that love to make choices for others. Give that preacher up and find one that loves everyone and does not judge. Love one another. Takecare of yourself and don't allow the devil to drive your thoughts.
xbxb

Asheville, NC

#10 Jan 24, 2013
She is awesome she was my principle in 7th grade at west. She was really cool. Who cares if she mixes drinks. Really. I still look up to her and she is a great role model. Just stfu. She is cool. So haters gunna hate. But it's not cute or funny. Y'all parents just need to back off. And quit with all the bs. Really...
Awesome

Mars Hill, NC

#11 Jan 24, 2013
Lucy wrote:
I cannot believe that you would write something like this! She is a wonderful lady who cares deeply for children and what she does on the weekend should be no concern of yours at all! She has a right to do what ever she wants in her time off! You should mind your own business! I have never been to a bar in Marion before but I that I might just stop by! I really enjoy talking with her! Having her on their staff will certainly boost their business!
Po-dunk

Weaverville, NC

#12 Jan 24, 2013
Don't judge people. What does slinging drinks have to do with a persons ability to effectively run an educational institution? Daggum, half the holy men in this county get down on white lightnin' and still preach a hell of a sermon come Sunday. Get off your high horse and quit throwing rocks.
chip

Marion, NC

#13 Jan 24, 2013
She is a very pretty lady but her profession as an educator should be more important to her. But this had to be approved through the school board so I guess they think it is fine to mix drinks!!!!! Ole mike lewis taught her well!!!!
Someone Who Knows

Marion, NC

#14 Jan 25, 2013
She dresses more conservative at After 5 on Saturday than she does Mon-Fri at PG Elementary.
Tracker

Spruce Pine, NC

#15 Jan 25, 2013
I am shocked she is allowed to work in this position. Larger systems with liberal policies would not allow it such as Wake County. The issue is parents, students as well as some teachers will call her decision making ability into question, thus her ability to be an effective principal will be compromised. Her focus is now off children, school and decisions. The focus is on her working in a bar. It is not the job, it is her choices. I donot care if she works in a bar.
truth

Marion, NC

#16 Jan 25, 2013
Lucy, the fact that you put youR feelings on a message board means this will probably spiral out of control. This is the kind of gossip we need to get away from. Maybe she wants to be a bartender on the weekends. Spend all week dealing with parents, children, the state and everything else she has to, and she just might want something else to occupy her time. Either way, there needs to be boundaries. But putting this on a message board that is known to cause problems doesn't seem to be the right way to go about it.
citizen

Marion, NC

#17 Jan 25, 2013
Lucy wrote:
With that reasoning, I'd say that all the parents who choose to drink, should have their parental rights stripped.
HMMM

Charlotte, NC

#18 Jan 25, 2013
Tracker wrote:
I am shocked she is allowed to work in this position. Larger systems with liberal policies would not allow it such as Wake County. The issue is parents, students as well as some teachers will call her decision making ability into question, thus her ability to be an effective principal will be compromised. Her focus is now off children, school and decisions. The focus is on her working in a bar. It is not the job, it is her choices. I donot care if she works in a bar.
Oh good grief. She is tending bar, not beating children. It is not outside of policy and is her business. In the world today it is nice to see someone willing to work two jobs instead of asking for handouts. I would guess that most people commenting here don't even work one.
To: HMMM

Ellenboro, NC

#19 Jan 25, 2013
HMMM wrote:
<quoted text>Oh good grief. She is tending bar, not beating children. It is not outside of policy and is her business. In the world today it is nice to see someone willing to work two jobs instead of asking for handouts. I would guess that most people commenting here don't even work one.
I agree with everything you just said except the last sentence! It seems like most people commenting are for her and appear to have sense. What makes you assume we don't work? That comment was uncalled for!
HMMM

Charlotte, NC

#20 Jan 25, 2013
[QUOTE who="To: HMMM"]<quoted text>
I agree with everything you just said except the last sentence! It seems like most people commenting are for her and appear to have sense. What makes you assume we don't work? That comment was uncalled for![/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I probably should have stopped before that statement. However, it was based on my reading of other posts on other topics. Please agree with me that the vast majority are from undereducated simpletons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amanda boone 54 min Amanda Boone 12
Gays do more harm than good 1 hr Jon 10
Sarah Lael 2 hr TJSuCksButt 22
really with Gregg Davis 3 hr Hoover 11
black loving hookers 5 hr darkie 6
Kasey grinstaff 6 hr Mmhm 7
chasity johnson 7 hr katie laws 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages