marion tire and muffler

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amy

Asheville, NC

#1 Aug 12, 2014
i recently took my suv to marion tire to have a brake job done they did the work in a timley manner how ever they did some things i think everyone should be aware of .
they marked the parts up at least 80% that is ridicoulous and on some items it was over a100% needless to say i will never get crooked again i dont know how max and eugene sleep at night
Something for nothing

Black Mountain, NC

#2 Aug 12, 2014
Did you ask the price beforehand? Did they charge you more than they quoted? Did you check the price elsewhere before going to Marion Tire?
If not, you have no one to blame but yourself.

The people who run Marion Tire have to make enough money to pay their overhead and still make a profit. That means payroll for all their employees, tools, materials, phone bill, equipment like lifts, repair trucks, etc. There is an electric bill, advertising, insurance , workman's comp, unemployment , taxes. They have to pay up front for all the tires, rims and parts to have them in stock to service their customers. There is building lease or upkeep if they own them. The list goes on and on. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the have over $300,000 invested their two locations.

Tell you what. Next time, try doing it yourself or find some shade tree mechanic who will let you buy your own parts,charge you $40 to put them on and see if he stands behind his work when something goes wrong. Even better yet, start your own business and see what it's like.

It's called a free market economy for a reason.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 13, 2014
Amy wrote:
i recently took my suv to marion tire to have a brake job done they did the work in a timley manner how ever they did some things i think everyone should be aware of .
they marked the parts up at least 80% that is ridicoulous and on some items it was over a100% needless to say i will never get crooked again i dont know how max and eugene sleep at night
You aren't the first one this has happened to and I'm sure you won't be the last!!
Tess

United States

#4 Aug 14, 2014
Last Screenname Left wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't the first one this has happened to and I'm sure you won't be the last!!
They might not be perfect but I challenge you to find better in Marion. With the exception of bakers.
preacher

Lyman, SC

#5 Aug 14, 2014
Attitude
Tess

United States

#6 Aug 14, 2014
preacher wrote:
Attitude
Just saying.
Carey Bothwell Bishop

United States

#7 Aug 14, 2014
Love Marion Tire, they have taken care of us for years. :)

Location hidden

#8 Aug 17, 2014
Tess wrote:
<quoted text>
They might not be perfect but I challenge you to find better in Marion. With the exception of bakers.
Well i go out of town to a dealership but if I was going to use one in Marion it would be Bakers or nothing.
John Tipton

Nebo, NC

#9 Aug 31, 2014
I had some work done to my vehicle about ten years ago and Eugene's employee had broke a part on my vehicle, I asked Eugene about him being responsible for it and he stated "sometimes these things happen". I had to pay for the part. I haven't been back since and never planning on it. That's just bad business . I just recently heard that many of his employees are ex prisoners.
Joseph

Franklin, NC

#10 Aug 31, 2014
John Tipton wrote:
I had some work done to my vehicle about ten years ago and Eugene's employee had broke a part on my vehicle, I asked Eugene about him being responsible for it and he stated "sometimes these things happen". I had to pay for the part. I haven't been back since and never planning on it. That's just bad business . I just recently heard that many of his employees are ex prisoners.
the ex prisoners thing is true.
Sam

Marion, NC

#11 Sep 1, 2014
Joseph wrote:
<quoted text> the ex prisoners thing is true.
True and many are also addicts. He is a horrible landlord also. Bad business man!
Marion

Marion, NC

#12 Sep 1, 2014
Bakers or Buds are the only way to go in this town.

Location hidden

#13 Oct 12, 2014
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
True and many are also addicts. He is a horrible landlord also. Bad business man!
Slumlord is more like it!
nebo

United States

#14 Oct 12, 2014
Marion wrote:
Bakers or Buds are the only way to go in this town.
I had my vehicle worked on at buds and they done unauthorized repairs in it. Changed radiator hoses they said needed to be replaced. That's all fine and dandy but I did not have the money for an additional $127.00 for 3 hoses and extra labor. I had the car there to change a tuff thermostae. They do great work but that ruined it for me.
tight shirt chick

Old Fort, NC

#15 Oct 12, 2014
Eugenes a lover boy yeah!
smhatyou

Candler, NC

#17 Jan 16, 2015
Joseph wrote:
<quoted text> the ex prisoners thing is true.
not sure who y'all talking about or who you talk to but either way y'all full of shit lol no ex cons work there yes eugene is crooked but he does have a couple of honest mechanics
You never know

Sylva, NC

#18 Jan 16, 2015
Something for nothing wrote:
Did you ask the price beforehand? Did they charge you more than they quoted? Did you check the price elsewhere before going to Marion Tire?
If not, you have no one to blame but yourself.
The people who run Marion Tire have to make enough money to pay their overhead and still make a profit. That means payroll for all their employees, tools, materials, phone bill, equipment like lifts, repair trucks, etc. There is an electric bill, advertising, insurance , workman's comp, unemployment , taxes. They have to pay up front for all the tires, rims and parts to have them in stock to service their customers. There is building lease or upkeep if they own them. The list goes on and on. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the have over $300,000 invested their two locations.
Tell you what. Next time, try doing it yourself or find some shade tree mechanic who will let you buy your own parts,charge you $40 to put them on and see if he stands behind his work when something goes wrong. Even better yet, start your own business and see what it's like.
It's called a free market economy for a reason.
Somebody hit a nerve t
truth is

United States

#19 Jan 17, 2015
Bakers is the best, I've went to city tire for years so when bakers bought the city tire on east court I kept going there because they are really the most honest and fairly priced in town
1985 Chevytruck

United States

#20 Jan 17, 2015
truth is wrote:
Bakers is the best, I've went to city tire for years so when bakers bought the city tire on east court I kept going there because they are really the most honest and fairly priced in town
Baker's hasy vote, too. I used to go to Marion Tire when Max was there more often.
cheatin wife

Old Fort, NC

#21 Jan 17, 2015
eugene is hot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Married white woman...attracted to different ra... 18 min Thats right 28
april mathis 37 min No name 5
Holly gouge 46 min No name 1
Trump Voters Screwed Themselves & The Rest of Us 1 hr Old geezer 260
Faith Hensley (Mar '13) 2 hr Jenny 32
Michelle Bartlet 5 hr Nogood 3
Is god real im lost 8 hr toejam 109

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance