Mark

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Anyone is a fool for sending their kids to one of these cult churches.
merry widow

Mars Hill, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Yes I know firsthand wrote:
<quoted text>
I, for one, do know firsthand. I attended New Manna Christian School for a few years for a few years before switching schools because the intense pressure and judgmental stares were too much.
Many see it as a good program due to the morals and cristianity that they force on the kids who go there. Which can work out well for the student, IF they are accepted. If you start going there and are labelled as an 'outsider' as I was, you will be severely judged. The teachers treat you differently, pointing you out for your different beliefs and turning the other kids who have went there for most of their lives against you. If you even suggest the probabibility of a different opinion or belief or opinion other than their own, you are shut down with no proof that their belief is right or even consideration of your own opinion.
Boys and girls have to stay 6 INCHES AWAY FROM EACHOTHER AT ALL TIMES! Seriously? As if a couple holding hands is going to cause them to start gyrating against each other in the middle of the hallway. Teenagers are generally not happy there. The rules are insane, making you wear a skirt or dress beneath the knee and a polo if you are a girl, or pants, belt, and polo if you are a guy.
Don't even get me started on the education. P.E. is so pathetic. There are no organized activities, you can basically sit down most of the time. Every class is focused around the bible, especially Science. It basically says that evolution is a lie and gives no proof of why. I, myself, do not believe in evolution, but I would have still liked to have learned the counterpoint of it all. Also, some of the teachers do not even have actual degrees! The current Spanish teacher can not speak a lick of Spanish. There are no extracurricular classes and very, very, few electives. I'm not even sure that they are a accredited school. That'll look great on college applications, huh. I could say so much more on this, but I won't.
The teachers treat you like absolute shit if they don't like you. One teacher in particular, whose name I won't mention out of respect, not that she deserves any. She is the epitome of a hateful, judgmental woman who makes fun of teenagers in front of their peers and gets away with it.
Many of the teenagers who attend feel trapped and like are being held under the looking glass, with the pressure of being perfect directly on them. Many rebel because of this and turn out worse than many of the kids who go to a public school.
There is so much more I could say, but I'll stop here.
I too know first hand.You are also correct in your accement of that evil place.
GlobalAgenda

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

I don't know if they have noticed, but sending your child to a christian school only indoctrinates their minds even more. Given the thought that the school can only run off of donations, it'd be a wise investment to indoctrinate the children so that their children will go there and donate to the church.

Sounds like what we have here is a cult.
go look it up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

My daughter had a friend that went there and she was a senior she found out that when she graduated she would only be recieving a G.E.D. She went to her parents and asked if she coukd go tovthe high school cause she wanted a dipolma. She went to regular school and then ended up going to some evening classes at tech to get enough credits to walk across stage. These people are blind and cheating their children. I think the school should be shut down. They are all crazy.
Kryms

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

I graduated from new manna a few years back. I got a diploma not a GED. The school is not perfect but like any school, if you pay attention and study, you learn. Those who don't, tend to blame teachers and school curriculum for their failures. I am not perfect. I have never claimed to be better than anyone. I agree that a lot of teachers and students tend to have a one track mind and can't see others points of view. There are also teachers and students in public schools with the same problem. I wasn't popular or have lots of friends, but, I did have a good time with the few friends I did have. I make mistakes daily and will never be even close to perfect. I drink on occasion, I go to concerts from time to time, I am temped with the same sins everyone is temped with. I know that no matter what I do, God still loves me. I know he's not always happy with my decisions. As a parent, I'm not always happy with the decisions my children make. That doesn't change the fact I will always love them.

Since: Jun 13

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Well I'm not gonna say any names or say mean things but they're just not so nice
Kryms

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Blonde bisexual chick wrote:
Well I'm not gonna say any names or say mean things but they're just not so nice
Like I said, you have those everywhere. Not just new manna. There are a lot that "judge" people throughout this whole town. Not everyone is that way. I give everyone a chance. Not all people are raised the same. Not all people have the same outlook on life. I agree that are several people with a holier than tho attitude, but, you can't judge a whole school, church, town..., by just a few people.

Since: Jun 13

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Kryms wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, you have those everywhere. Not just new manna. There are a lot that "judge" people throughout this whole town. Not everyone is that way. I give everyone a chance. Not all people are raised the same. Not all people have the same outlook on life. I agree that are several people with a holier than tho attitude, but, you can't judge a whole school, church, town..., by just a few people.
Ok I get it sorry

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Marion Forum right now

Search the Marion Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 min hole in the wall 55,898
Main Street Pub closing? 24 min e bank 30
meth girls 1 hr gagg 1
Woman charged with sex crimes against teen girl 1 hr roseladie 1
Anyone seen Ben Capps 1 hr Finally 21
Superintendent Garrett's contract 4 hr Right Said Fred 8
looking for a private trailer space 6 hr interested 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marion Jobs

•••