Cedarbrook suicide
Curious

Bennettsville, SC

#1 May 23, 2014
Anyone hear about the suicide at cedar brook rest home in nebo ?
Candi

United States

#2 May 23, 2014
no. never heard of that rest home. where in nebo is it?
nope

Charlotte, NC

#3 May 24, 2014
It's not a rest home it's a mental facility off of Pinnacle Rd at the end of Deer Park to the left. And you won't hear about it because that's not uncommon when working with the mentally ill.
whoa

Macon, GA

#4 May 25, 2014
That place needs to be closed down I am suprised one of the people that live there hasn't got hit by a car there always on the road even saw on man using the bathroom right at that big house arcross from it in there yard
Curious

United States

#5 May 25, 2014
Curious wrote:
Anyone hear about the suicide at cedar brook rest home in nebo ?
its an assisted living facility with patients who have some mental problems and yes a female hung herself just don't understand why it wasn't in the news
Lol

Asheville, NC

#6 May 25, 2014
Like talking to yourself? It's pretty obvious with all different locations on your posts. Not to mention your screen names. Stirring the pot? Doesn't your arm get tired?
Lol

Bennettsville, SC

#7 May 26, 2014
Why would you expect a suicide to be in the newspaper? That is the last thing the family needs.
Lol

Greer, SC

#8 May 27, 2014
Lol wrote:
Why would you expect a suicide to be in the newspaper? That is the last thing the family needs.
I think it's called "news". I guess they should just report all the good, positive stuff. Let's all just stay sheltered.
Candi

United States

#9 May 27, 2014
I agree it's none of noones business about a suicide unless there's others involved.
Stupid

Troy, NC

#10 May 27, 2014
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's called "news". I guess they should just report all the good, positive stuff. Let's all just stay sheltered.
The bad "news" is more reported than "good" news. How is a suicide news, so long as nobody else is involved?
Lol

Greer, SC

#11 May 27, 2014
Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
The bad "news" is more reported than "good" news. How is a suicide news, so long as nobody else is involved?
When it involves a "business" (yes, it is a business) then it is news and other people are involved.
Curious

Cowpens, SC

#12 May 28, 2014
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
When it involves a "business" (yes, it is a business) then it is news and other people are involved.
i agree it's a business and it should be reported on
nope

Lexington, NC

#13 May 28, 2014
Not news when it happens every month or two and the fact is that people DON'T want to hear how John or Jane Doe took their own life simply because that highlights the fact that people don't understand nor care!! Fact #1 you became concerned only AFTER a recent loss!#2 you cannot possibly understand the pain and/or repercussions that staff and family feels!#3 If a patient codes for ANY reason in said facility than the sheriff deputy on duty will more often than not, beat the ambulance to the scene! Quit being nosey because compassion trumps it every time!
What

Cowpens, SC

#14 May 29, 2014
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obviously a business, Captain Obvious. The real news should be the lack of sufficient mental health care and other factors involved in so many suicides. The fact that a suicide happened at a business, a business that is the polar opposite of a walk-in type business at that, should have minimal influence on it being reported.

If you are bent on having it reported, write the editor or middle management. Save that, for an extremely minimal startup cost, you can do your own reporting on your own jouranlistic blog or even a Facebook page.
Lol

Asheville, NC

#15 Jun 4, 2014
nope wrote:
Not news when it happens every month or two and the fact is that people DON'T want to hear how John or Jane Doe took their own life simply because that highlights the fact that people don't understand nor care!! Fact #1 you became concerned only AFTER a recent loss!#2 you cannot possibly understand the pain and/or repercussions that staff and family feels!#3 If a patient codes for ANY reason in said facility than the sheriff deputy on duty will more often than not, beat the ambulance to the scene! Quit being nosey because compassion trumps it every time!
Dang you must need money real bad huh? Sorry there have been plenty of suicides in newspaper. Someone killed themselves in Go Grocery parking lot and they put it in paper. I could tell you of more. You should go rest your arm. All the stirring you do. I don't see how you can have the strength to type.
Big Bertha

Marion, NC

#16 Jul 2, 2014
Too bad you can't fix stupid! All you people that are talking bull are on the outside looking in. Mental people need people too. Do you have a passar number? I'm sure they have room for you.
no one should ever this

Greer, SC

#17 Jul 8, 2014
I think they should send someone under cover in there and see how these people are really treated. I know first hand they are verbally abused daily by staff. The place is totally nasty. Unless dss is coming and the staff always has advanced notice of that. Like that makes sense.If Dss is investigating abuse of a child the parents don't get any warning. Residents abuse one another from rape to physical attacks.but none of this is taken serious. No charges. Just cover up. They honestly are pushed to suicide. They can't press charges for the sexual assaults or abuse because the staff from top to bottom will cover it up and they will be punished for saying it. Because they want money not problems. It's ashame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homewreckers, watch your husband 26 min B-RAD 10
Worst thieves around? 5 hr Rain Gurl 32
Anywhere hiring 7 hr Serious 9
Blue Ridge Outdoors 14 hr MEE 3
Club Fitness (Oct '09) Tue get a life 134
Moondoggys Jun 27 nobody 1
Janet Lewis Jun 27 Curious 1

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance