Community grieves over toddler's death

A mourning community on Wednesday remembered the rosy cheeks and easy smile of a 2-year-old girl killed while in the back of a car that collided with a sheriff's deputy's cruiser. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BrandonsAuntandK imsCousin

Kitty Hawk, NC

#25 Feb 11, 2007
We all need to let the investigators do their job and stop speculating, placing blame, condemning Brandon and acting like we know everything. The rumor mill is for sure up and running and these things are certain, Kim has lost one daughter and Brandon will have to live with this for the rest of his life whether if it was his fault or not. This accident IS a terrible thing... So it would be just wonderful if people here could just be a little more kind about this bad, bad situation. I am concerned about our family...and that's about all.
If you have nothing kind to say, maybe you should find something else to 'chat' about on a site for ignorant, angry people.
Kim & Brandon you are in my thoughts constantly.
Richard

Bedford, VA

#26 Feb 11, 2007
Nothing we can say ptobably will not ease the pain of losing a child.Lets just hope that the other victims will recover(including the deputy).
I do feel that local law enforcement needs better drivers ed and to use some common sense.Just because they can run emergency doesn't mean they have to.I know here where I live,the police or deputies will come through our neighborhood passing and running stop signs.Its a matter of priorities;do you kill or injure an innocent motorist to get to a bunch of drunks fighting or use some common sense to protect all of the public?Write your lawmakers and have them look at these tragic accidents that law enforcement are involved in.

Since: Feb 07

Asheville

#27 Feb 11, 2007
whatsup wrote:
Is it just me or is it that people from Asheville are the only bleeding heart liberals in here codeming law enforcement and then are the ones wanting to know why it took them so long to get there when they need them?
Not all of us from Asheville lie in wait for an officer to be involved in an incident we can use to condemn them. Some of us appreciate sleeping at night knowing someone else is keeping watch and putting their life on the line for the safety of us and our families.

I am very sorry for both sides in this accident...they will all suffer for the rest of their lives from that one moment in time when everything worked against them and this baby girl was killed.

I had a sibling killed in an accident and the quickness and violence of the death is devastating, it replays in my mind endlessly even 2 years later and I wasn't even at the scene. I can only imagine how horrifying the scenes in the minds of these people. My heart goes out to all involved.
Bakersville NC

United States

#28 Feb 11, 2007
My heart goes out to the Frye family. They will have a lot of support from everyone but this will not lessen the grief. Only strength from God will make the grief bearable.
As for the accident, it is unclear to me if someone other than law enforcement was involved if they likely would be charged with vehicular manslaughter, not vehiculat homicide, regardless of it being an accident. Maybe someone posting will have this information?
dwlr

Sanford, NC

#29 Feb 12, 2007
The correct term would be misdemeanor death by vehicle. That is an unintentional killing of a human being in a crash in which the driver was violation the law ( i.e. failure to yield at stop sign). Law Enforcement officers are not immune to this law. Im not sure why everyone holds that opinion.
Bakersville NC wrote:
My heart goes out to the Frye family. They will have a lot of support from everyone but this will not lessen the grief. Only strength from God will make the grief bearable.
As for the accident, it is unclear to me if someone other than law enforcement was involved if they likely would be charged with vehicular manslaughter, not vehiculat homicide, regardless of it being an accident. Maybe someone posting will have this information?
Tammy C

Peapack, NJ

#30 Feb 13, 2007
There is several site that has been doing so much bashing.I'm glad to find one that people are giving words of encourgement and prayers. We all are hurting from this great loss.The thing Kim,David,Richard,Emma,Kathrin e,Kathy,Brandon and everyone else involved needs right now is the love and prayers of everyone.We might not understand but God knows best and he is always in control.Lets keep the prayers going.God Bless
Shea Coates

Matthews, NC

#31 Jul 17, 2014
So sad. ):

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
National Geographic Photos OF Obama Family Tree 1 hr Nasty 3
Champions of the White Race, 2 hr RJC 1
Racists need a hug 3 hr Jew Lampshade 11
White voters, you DO have a choice. 3 hr RJC 1
Is Michelle Obama a Man? 5 hr RJC 6
Greasy Nigguh Chimps out and gets Tazered. 5 hr RJC 2
McKinney rd marion nc 5 hr William 2
•••
•••
•••