Religious nuts gather, mob looks for ...

Religious nuts gather, mob looks for someone to lynch.

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 30, 2012
"The Rev. Larry Grady, a retired minister, said this event was an opportunity for people in McDowell to make a public stand in support of God. He asked if the anonymous person who objected to the Nativity scene was present in the crowd. If so, that person should come forward and identify himself or herself, he said."

Mr. Grady, come on. You know they were there, but they never would have spoken up. You see, we all know the churches were secretly behind this whole thing. They wrote the letters, had the parents of the little girl write her poem, raised this whole mess so they could get in the news. How sad. I'm sure the pews and collection plates were full this year, though.

Anyone else think it would have been funny if someone set off a string of firecrackers during this. I bet half these nuts would have S&*t their pants then shot the other half.

Hey, lets look at the upside though. At least Jim Duncan, Jeff Dreibus and Janice Poteat Hensley finally found common ground, right? Who would have thought they would be bedfellows?(sorry for that image, I just had to.)

McDowell news rated this the top story of the year. I guess all the church ads and I love my pastor ads paid off, huh?

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/mcdowell_news/ne...
JackassIconoclas t2

Burnsville, NC

#2 Dec 30, 2012
You must be a real idiot or totally without a real cause.

Since: Dec 12

Ukraine

#3 Dec 30, 2012
JackassIconoclast2 wrote:
actually it is you who must be these things as well as being completely out of touch with reality. right now the christian religion is doing everything it can to be in the public eye because they know their days are numbered. in 2011 over 3.8 million christians either converted to other religious beliefs or walked away from religion entirely. also in 2011 islam grew by an astounding 14% or 4.3 million followers. christianity is struggling within it's self as it continues to contradict it's very own holy book and changes it to fit what mankind as a whole wants instead of following it as it is written. some of the very things christianity condemns islam for is talked about in the holy bible with rules of how to go about doing them. the days of christianity ruling this world have came to a close. jesus himself supposedly said that i will be with you until the end of the age. he did not say until the end of time as the church wants you to believe. the real translation is age which ended on 12/21. do your research and discover the lies you have been told all your life by the church and christianity. knowledge is power, and marion is lacking in both of those departments.

Location hidden

#4 Dec 30, 2012
JackassIconoclast2 wrote:
WOW, spoken like a true genius. We are in the presence of one of McDowell's greatest minds, folks. Care to stick to the topic? We adults were discussing something. Go sit at the kiddie table if you have nothing to add.
Hhhhmmm

Marion, NC

#5 Dec 30, 2012
Crusades, slavery, public hangings witch hunts and public burnings. Those Christians love their murder
oFortPreacher

Burnsville, NC

#6 Dec 30, 2012
Hhhhmmm wrote:
Crusades, slavery, public hangings witch hunts and public burnings. Those Christians love their murder
It seemed to be the bornagains that voted for mitt. The same ones that voted the teapartyrepubs into congress. Why do they want to run America in the ground by praising and supporting the rich?
Bull

Burnsville, NC

#7 Dec 30, 2012
Even without self righteous and self serving remarks all thinking people know that the USA has been going down hill for the past 20 years. We carry the burden of an increasing population of ignorant and Morales people. It really has nothing to do with religion. It has more to do with ignorance and corruption. Go ahead with your mindless dribble. It proves that your parents should have used contraceptives.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 30, 2012
Bull wrote:
Even without self righteous and self serving remarks all thinking people know that the USA has been going down hill for the past 20 years. We carry the burden of an increasing population of ignorant and Morales people. It really has nothing to do with religion. It has more to do with ignorance and corruption. Go ahead with your mindless dribble. It proves that your parents should have used contraceptives.
Why do you keep changing your name? What's up with that?

The USA is just fine,getting better all the time as the truly ignorant people die off and smarter thinking people continue to evolve. Just because you don't happen to agree does not matter one iota.

I must agree with you on the ignorance part. Ignorance is believing in a book of ancient history and fables in the face of scientific fact.

Morales? What do the mexicans have to do with it? stay on topic, man.

As for the contraceptives part, It's obvious you can't even create a logical argument and can only resort to insults. Mindless drivel indeed (the word is drivel, not dribble.) As i said before , go back to the kiddie table.
just want to say

Lyman, SC

#9 Jan 1, 2013
None of you idiots know what you are spewing. God is winning and His plan of salvation has been in motion forever. Your Devil is just trying to grab as many of you as he can before it is all over. The Bible, God's Word has prophesied all of this especially the persecution of His people, the Christians. Only a fool says in their heart there is no God. You LOSE, sorry.

Since: Dec 12

Kiev, Ukraine

#10 Jan 1, 2013
just want to say wrote:
None of you idiots know what you are spewing. God is winning and His plan of salvation has been in motion forever. Your Devil is just trying to grab as many of you as he can before it is all over. The Bible, God's Word has prophesied all of this especially the persecution of His people, the Christians. Only a fool says in their heart there is no God. You LOSE, sorry.
so what part of my previous statement do you believe is incorrect so i can supply you with the information and facts that you need?
Barry Soetoro

United States

#11 Jan 1, 2013
There is plenty of room on that courthouse lawn to burn at the stake all them evil heretics that oppose the Nativity scene. Don't ya'll agree?
DebtFree

Burnsville, NC

#14 Jan 1, 2013
I love being a christian. I can do all I want to all week. Rip off my employees, hire illegal immigrants, be a republican, rape, maim , kill, polish knobs , pollute the earth, then go to church on sunday and get forgiven and start all over again on monday. Praise gawd.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 2, 2013
The title of this post should be Athist Militants attempt to squash free speech and religious liberty.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 2, 2013
Barry Soetoro wrote:
There is plenty of room on that courthouse lawn to burn at the stake all them evil heretics that oppose the Nativity scene. Don't ya'll agree?
It's hard to tell whether you are just being sarcastic or are serious. In spite of your other posts on this forum, I'll hope for the former. Although many Christians are intolerant of any other beliefs than their own (including different variants of Christianity), I would venture to say that Jesus would not approve. It never stopped them before, I don't suppose it would now.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 2, 2013
OlFortpreacher wrote:
The title of this post should be Athist Militants attempt to squash free speech and religious liberty.
You are mistaken. The entire point I was trying to make with this post was that no atheists are involved with any of this. I could care less about a nativity scene on a courthouse lawn. It is nothing, a group of plastic figures. Like a cross, rosary beads or a statue of the virgin Mary, it has meaning to you, not to me.
I do hope that someone will ask for a Yule or kwanzaa display next year to see how the county commissioners respond. I doubt anyone will given the lynch mob mentality this has stirred up. I'm not sure that had an atheist spoken up, what Mr. Soretoe above or some variant might not have happened.
One of the churches or someone associated with this is responsible for both of these publicity stunts. The parents of the child admitted in front of the school board to writing the poem, she didn't even write it. I am sure as well that someone from one of the churches sent the letter about the nativity scene as well.
No one is trying to squash your free speech or religious liberty. This is just me stating my beliefs. You can do or say anything you want, I could care less. If you want to make a post on here with that title , go right ahead. If you see my beliefs as violating yours then says a lot about the situation, does it not?
Barry Soetoro

United States

#19 Jan 2, 2013
Iconoclast 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to tell whether you are just being sarcastic or are serious. In spite of your other posts on this forum, I'll hope for the former. Although many Christians are intolerant of any other beliefs than their own (including different variants of Christianity), I would venture to say that Jesus would not approve. It never stopped them before, I don't suppose it would now.
Wasn't the thread started as being sarcastic?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#20 Jan 2, 2013
Iconoclast 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken. The entire point I was trying to make with this post was that no atheists are involved with any of this. I could care less about a nativity scene on a courthouse lawn. It is nothing, a group of plastic figures. Like a cross, rosary beads or a statue of the virgin Mary, it has meaning to you, not to me.
I do hope that someone will ask for a Yule or kwanzaa display next year to see how the county commissioners respond. I doubt anyone will given the lynch mob mentality this has stirred up. I'm not sure that had an atheist spoken up, what Mr. Soretoe above or some variant might not have happened.
One of the churches or someone associated with this is responsible for both of these publicity stunts. The parents of the child admitted in front of the school board to writing the poem, she didn't even write it. I am sure as well that someone from one of the churches sent the letter about the nativity scene as well.
No one is trying to squash your free speech or religious liberty. This is just me stating my beliefs. You can do or say anything you want, I could care less. If you want to make a post on here with that title , go right ahead. If you see my beliefs as violating yours then says a lot about the situation, does it not?
If you honestly think this is a conspiracy you need to take your medication. In my experience most church goers fear opposition, and rarely stand up against it. I have a hard time believing a church goer would employ a lawyer to write a threat ing letter just to drum up false opposition.

Location hidden

#21 Jan 2, 2013
Barry Soetoro wrote:
<quoted text> Wasn't the thread started as being sarcastic?
Actually, no. I wanted to start a discussion about social engineering.

There are people out there who manipulate the less intelligent among us to their own purposes. This technique has been used by Christianity since the dark ages to "fleece the flock" so to speak. Careers and fortunes are made from force feeding people religion from birth. I grew up in this environment.
Now it has taken on a life of it's own and due to the 24 hour news cycle and the internet there are those that will manipulate the media for their purpose and profit. I am merely stating this is the case here. The fact is the little girl did not even write that poem. Her parents did. Whether they were helping her cheat on her homework or following an instigators instructions will probably never be known. As for the letter about the manger scene, have you ever heard of Occam's razor? Google that and think about it.

Location hidden

#22 Jan 2, 2013
OlFortpreacher wrote:
<quoted text>
If you honestly think this is a conspiracy you need to take your medication. In my experience most church goers fear opposition, and rarely stand up against it. I have a hard time believing a church goer would employ a lawyer to write a threat ing letter just to drum up false opposition.
See my reply to Barry above. More to came.

Location hidden

#24 Jan 2, 2013
Barry Soetoro wrote:
<quoted text> Wasn't the thread started as being sarcastic?
And, I guess to be truthful, the title was. Touche. The firecracker remark was pretty bad also. I'll stick by the part about the bedfellows though. That's just too good to lose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alexis Wiseman 3 hr Mascaraqueen 11
Looking for Contractor/Construction - Shawn Ree... 3 hr Wish 7
Is it legal 6 hr jlom 4
crimes 19 hr Steve 5
Favorite Restaurants???? 23 hr Hungry 6
Nathan owens drug charges Fri Get a life 17
Trump Voters Screwed Themselves & The Rest of Us Fri Sue 218

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance