Titans football coaches

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hey now

Marion, NC

#1 Oct 4, 2013
Why on earth do they keep Gowan as the head coach? The homecoming game was just another embarrassment.
Joe Price

Round Lake, IL

#2 Oct 4, 2013
I have wonder that for years NB IS ONE OF THE WORST FOOTBALL TEAMS I HAVE EVER SEEN WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER GAME.
Kharma

Simpsonville, SC

#3 Oct 5, 2013
Last time I saw he wasn't the one dropping the passes and missing the tackles.
No talent this year at skilled positions.
Name one All Conference caliber player.

Since: Aug 13

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2013
He's always been a shitty coach. My brother use to play football for that team when he went there, and he even said Gowan doesn't know wtf he's doing!
Titan Fan

Marion, NC

#5 Oct 5, 2013
He is the responsible party to get the kids to All Conference Caliber. We are the largest school in Western Carolina. We should have very little competition until playoffs. And yes we have many all conference caliber kids that don't even play, they just walk the halls of our school. Why, because our Coach doesn't care.... We had many all conference caliber players last year! Look at schools our size throughout the state and look at football scholarships at their schools compared to ours! That's Coaching as well... Not only to be there on Friday night but to sell these schools on our kids! But if the Coaches can't get these kids shining, then we can't sell our kids to Colleges! Only the first round of tournament???? That's coaching! The penalties last night (at the end) were absolutely 100% coaching! The offense and defensive formations/plays are called by the coaching staff. Doesn't matter if Gowan isn't the one doing it! He is responsible for making sure he has Coaches that have the ability to Coach and not to make stupid mistakes like 12 players on the field in the final minutes of the game! And then with enough time on the clock to run two play we should have been thinking about field goal range and we bombed to the corner of the end zone which made us try another bomb to the end zone. We need 10 to 12 yards and let Trey Anderson try a winning field goal. We had just completed 4 passs to the side line, why we went away from something that was working when we just need a field goal not a touch down!!!! Absolutely an embarrassment! True Coaches understand the definition of Coaching: Over coming adversity and being able to adjust a game plan at any given minute! And especially understanding that you can't do the exact same thing from the start of the season to the end! Ever wonder why we get our butts kicked in most sports at the end of the season???? But we win at the first of the Seasons.... It's depressing, not only in Football, it happens in most all sports at McDowell.. Another teams coach can watch 1 game film from the very first of the year and understand what is going to take place when they play them in the first round of state tourney!!! It is time for a change!!!! Let's hire a Coach that has experience, track record for winning and one that's not from McDowell County. That way there is no "Oh we will let him play since he's my cousins boy. Even though he doesn't have the ability like others do!"
But I am sure, whomever that will make the decision will put us right back into the same position that we are in!!!! Let's start showing everyone what a powerhouse we can truly be!!!!
Hey now

Marion, NC

#6 Oct 5, 2013
Titan Fan, I think you said that perfectly. We have some horrible coaches in this town. Well, all except for the guy who keeps getting state wins with the wrestling team at West. The high school here really needs to have their athletic department wiped clean and to start fresh. Bob Bracket's kid is a perfect example of this good old boy system of corruption we have.
Bandwagon

United States

#7 Oct 5, 2013
Instead of putting these boys and the coaches down have you thought about standing up for them? Just a simple question. Unless you are willing to put the time into these young men our coaches do, unless you are willing or even able to put the pads on and face the line, unless you are a parent who encourages these young men to strive for greatness on and off the field. Then know your opinion means absolutely nothing to any of them!
If you can do it better than great, can't wait to see you Monday!
And if by chance you are busy and can't make it Monday that's ok we understand you have a busy schedule.
But know those coaches and young men will be there ready to continue to work and improve and when they succeed do us all a favor DO NOT be the first in line to say good job!
Let's all try something different for once let's be supporters till the bitter end regardless of the final score that shows true character.

"If you don't believe you don't belong"
Titan Fan

Marion, NC

#8 Oct 5, 2013
Bandwagon, you obviously can't read real well..... There is nothing in my article that downs the players... Matter of fact my article states that we have many all conference players that need more Coaches help!!!! By no means am I refering to the kids!!! We have an awesome group of kids at McDowell.... It's a shame that they drop there heads after graduation when asked about their sports careers in high school.... Now that's Coaching! And Hey Now you are correct.... The West wrestling Coach is awesome! He does a great job getting the kids ready for high school... As well as the varsity baseball coach does a fine job!!!! But can't find to many more....
Bandwagon

United States

#9 Oct 5, 2013
Titan Fan wrote:
Bandwagon, you obviously can't read real well..... There is nothing in my article that downs the players... Matter of fact my article states that we have many all conference players that need more Coaches help!!!! By no means am I refering to the kids!!! We have an awesome group of kids at McDowell.... It's a shame that they drop there heads after graduation when asked about their sports careers in high school.... Now that's Coaching! And Hey Now you are correct.... The West wrestling Coach is awesome! He does a great job getting the kids ready for high school... As well as the varsity baseball coach does a fine job!!!! But can't find to many more....
I read just fine. My response was a blanket response across the board it was not directed just towards your article. My apologies if you assumed so.
Hey now

Marion, NC

#10 Oct 5, 2013
Jesus Bandwagon, calm down! I am not slamming any of the kids. My argument is that our kids deserve better coaches. No need to flame man. McDowell has had some fantastic athletes that never got anywhere because our coaches have sucked. I don't claim to be able to do better at coaching but I will say that if I did my job at the same ability level that Titan's head coach does his job I WOULDN'T HAVE A JOB! That's all I am saying. The coach is a decent offensive lineman, but our kids have the talent to go places but the captain keeps steering them to the shore.

Since: Feb 12

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Oct 5, 2013
I was a Titan when I walked in that school many years ago and many years later I'm still a Titan, when our boys or girls are playing its time to support them, I don't care if Bozo the Clown is coaching them it's still the community's responsibility to support them win or lose and no ones responsibility to run their mouth of what Bozo should've done!!!
TitanFan

Asheville, NC

#12 Oct 6, 2013
Lady Cha Cha wrote:
I was a Titan when I walked in that school many years ago and many years later I'm still a Titan, when our boys or girls are playing its time to support them, I don't care if Bozo the Clown is coaching them it's still the community's responsibility to support them win or lose and no ones responsibility to run their mouth of what Bozo should've done!!!
We do support. We are every football,basketball, some baseball, some volleyball. How else would you think that we see what's going on so vividly. We support our kids like we support our troops even though the leader/coaches are terrible it's not the kids fault so we continue to pay to get in every game!
metal

Burnsville, NC

#13 Oct 6, 2013
Coach page is the best coach in the whole county always gettim state wins with the kids down at west
Roger Stacey

Fairview, NC

#14 Oct 6, 2013
Just a few points that need to be made. We have the same coaching staff this year that we had last year when we won eight games. Did they all of a sudden forget what they did or how they motivated the kids last year? I think the obvious answer to that question is no. Then what could it be? Well maybe the same thing that happens at all levels is happening at MHS this year and the talent level is just not the same as a year ago. Graduation, injuries, and suspensions change teams. Mike Tomlin has been to two Super Bowls and won one of those and averaged over 10 wins a season. Now they are 0-4, I guess the guy is an idiot and it doesn't have anything to do with the players. It's easy to come on a message board and bash a bunch of people that are practically giving away their time to help young people and give back to their school. And I am sure that this is nothing new to coaches, it's probably understood that it goes with the territory. Just like having to deal with crazy drunks if you work at the abc store. And to be honest two things are true without doubt. One, there are only a hand full of people like myself that are so bored that they even read this site. And two, the people that are so upset with the coaches on this site are either parents of the kids that don't play, people that wish they had been involved in athletics but couldn't cut it, or wish you could be the coach. It's very easy to sit in the stands on Friday night, eat a hot dog, and talk about how stupid the coaches are. And you have to be a little embarrassed by your words or you would put your name with them and own your opinion. That's the act of the type of cowards that we absolutely must keep away from our kids. I would be willing to bet that our coaches would be the first to admit they make mistakes and wish they could go back and have a mulligan. I know I feel that way in my job. But they put theirselves out there, and they attach their name to their work so simple minded fools can hide behind a screen name and bash them and make personal attacks. I say keep working boys and listen to your coaches. You are learning about handling adversity and that's a lesson that will come in handy for the rest of your life. Way more important than being all conference or your final record. The man that never takes a shot, never scores a point.
Bandwagon

United States

#15 Oct 6, 2013
Roger Stacey wrote:
Just a few points that need to be made. We have the same coaching staff this year that we had last year when we won eight games. Did they all of a sudden forget what they did or how they motivated the kids last year? I think the obvious answer to that question is no. Then what could it be? Well maybe the same thing that happens at all levels is happening at MHS this year and the talent level is just not the same as a year ago. Graduation, injuries, and suspensions change teams. Mike Tomlin has been to two Super Bowls and won one of those and averaged over 10 wins a season. Now they are 0-4, I guess the guy is an idiot and it doesn't have anything to do with the players. It's easy to come on a message board and bash a bunch of people that are practically giving away their time to help young people and give back to their school. And I am sure that this is nothing new to coaches, it's probably understood that it goes with the territory. Just like having to deal with crazy drunks if you work at the abc store. And to be honest two things are true without doubt. One, there are only a hand full of people like myself that are so bored that they even read this site. And two, the people that are so upset with the coaches on this site are either parents of the kids that don't play, people that wish they had been involved in athletics but couldn't cut it, or wish you could be the coach. It's very easy to sit in the stands on Friday night, eat a hot dog, and talk about how stupid the coaches are. And you have to be a little embarrassed by your words or you would put your name with them and own your opinion. That's the act of the type of cowards that we absolutely must keep away from our kids. I would be willing to bet that our coaches would be the first to admit they make mistakes and wish they could go back and have a mulligan. I know I feel that way in my job. But they put theirselves out there, and they attach their name to their work so simple minded fools can hide behind a screen name and bash them and make personal attacks. I say keep working boys and listen to your coaches. You are learning about handling adversity and that's a lesson that will come in handy for the rest of your life. Way more important than being all conference or your final record. The man that never takes a shot, never scores a point.
A wonderful response! Exactly the type of honesty and support I was referring to! Thank you.
Hey now

Marion, NC

#16 Oct 6, 2013
All I am saying is that if a person keeps screwing up on their job over and over and over, then they are not competent to do their job. Our students deserve better than the coaches we have now. We have winning kids. We should have winning coaches.
hokutoman

Burnsville, NC

#17 Oct 6, 2013
last decent football coach was anderson
I smell stupid

Asheville, NC

#18 Oct 6, 2013
Yes, I can see Hey Now and Hokutoman...the world famous armchair coaches.Belts about to pop on their waistes ,shirts tightly strected against against their round bellys (one with a chilli dog stain on the front).They have won a few games between them back in the good old days.....their glory days ....long since past.Now the two of them get winded going to the bathroom in their single wide trailers.Sitting side by side at the games nobody knows the former superstar Superbowl Champions are in their mists.Oh wait...thats because it never happened..."If coach had put me in the 4th quater I'd take state no doubt ...no doubt in my mind!" They are having their Uncle Leon moment (Napoleon Dynamite)Alas they are just bitter,bitter they are older, overweight and single with only each other on lonely nights ....to talk about about what should have been. So stop being so bitter and jealous I'm a supporter of gay marriage you two should just do it!!!!! Seriously Go Titans111 Fluck the haters let then be your motivaters!!!!
I smell stupid

Asheville, NC

#19 Oct 6, 2013
*Uncle Reco ...my bad I got cracked up.
hokutoman

Burnsville, NC

#20 Oct 7, 2013
if u smell stupid its prolly u man, cant smell over the web...btw 170 lbs here 6'1", dunno bout the other guy. never played the game, not even a fan, but i dug ur comments tho, from the zeal of ur reaction i take it u must be gowans fluffer or feltcher or something like that. u really got me good man, i am sittn here in tears over my wasted life,if only i had played hs football. o well i'll jus go back to the single wide and do ur wife, mom, sister, and daughter some more. o agony...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Janet Lewis (Jun '16) 39 min Crazy 36
Meth dealer 1 hr BIG T 1
Gloria Hensley ,twigging bad 1 hr Wondering 4
Justin "Paul" Randall 3 hr Donna 6
Mcdowell OBGYN 7 hr Jill 7
Rico Webb liar and thief 12 hr Disgusted 3
How to Write to the President of USA 12 hr Attention Seeker 3

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance