First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Huh

United States

#21 Sep 14, 2013
I'm sure that Ms. Gouge is happy to see the woman go as well. She was forced to take a high school principals job with zero secondary experience, then surrounded with new administration with zero experience at that level. All of those poor people have been put in an awful situation. It's not like they could turn it down even if they knew they were not ready. Martin is gone but the poor decisions made will linger in our system for some time.
McD Parent

United States

#22 Sep 14, 2013
Classy wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with directing the parent to the Principal? That is probably where the parent should have started in the first place. She can't undermine her Principals. No one gave this woman a chance. It doesn't matter who gets the position the people of McDowell County will not like them, and will treat them horrible just like they did her.
No wonder McDowell County can not improve. The people here SUCK!
News Flash: People everywhere SUCK.
Now I do agree there is not a thing wrong with not wanting to undermine your principal but as the super your job includes standing side by side with your principals to achieve a common goal and also offer support I may be stretching here but I do believe that lack of support and accountability is part of the reason employee moral is so low. We as parents ask alot of our teachers they have a huge weight on there shoulders not only from the state level but also on a professional level and due to so many "retirements" we have a huge influx of young teachers who have not yet weathered the storm and need extra support and guidance. Now please understand this is just my opinion.

My other thought on this is I have read comments from various sites of people standing up for Mrs. Martin on a personal level but not a single person stand up for her professionally that to me is very telling.
What we have to remember here is our Super on a personal level ie( has a good heart, really sweet etc.) Means absolutley nothing to us as parents in a professional setting. We want someone dedicated to the job,which is our children and this community not someone who goes home and hugs kittens.

I know my words are harsh and I will admit that but the time has come that the truth be spoken and the most important objective be brought to the fore front and that is our children and the education they receive surely everyone can agree that raising a more educated generation than the last should not just be words spoken but actions actually put into motion.

I truly wish Mrs Martin and her family the best as they move on to such a golden opportunity I hope she and her family thrive and succeed at all of the goals they set to accomplish however as much as I wish her and hers success I wish our children and community the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Married white woman...attracted to different ra... 1 hr Leolover89 39
Trump Voters Screwed Themselves & The Rest of Us 1 hr Chicagoan by birth 287
Faith Hensley (Mar '13) 3 hr Spacey1 36
Savannah Silver 12 hr Bby1000 4
Holly gouge 14 hr No name 10
Church pianist 15 hr whoseawhatit 11
Who is the best custody lawyer in Marion or Burke 15 hr Truth 5

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance