School Board Continues to Struggle Af...

School Board Continues to Struggle After Piercy Resignation!!

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Board Watch

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Apr 20, 2010
Brian Piercy tendered his resignation at last nights regularly scheduled school board meeting. During the open session of the school board meeting, Piercy admitted that for several months he has been living outside the Old Fort attendance area to which he was elected, He had moved into the PG attendance area, but had not notified the board until last night when he resigned.

I have a couple of questions here:

First and foremost, is whether or not the board will force Mr. Piercy to pay back the salary he received while living outside his attendance area, and who will the board appoint from Old Fort to serve out the remainder of Piercy's term.
Well Well Well

Morganton, NC

#2 Apr 20, 2010
Mr. Clean Cut himself is found out to be in the wrong?!?!

NO WAY.
Voice

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Apr 20, 2010
Brian has alot of issues. It will all come out soon.
McDowell Taxpayer

Lincolnton, NC

#4 Apr 20, 2010
Playing the other side for argument sake, what are the requirements for notifying the School Board upon your moving outside of an attendance area?

I am sure he had an alloted amount of time to do this and if so was he within his limits?

“Distrust Elected Officials ”

Since: Apr 08

Rutherfordton

#5 Apr 21, 2010
So we had a front page continued to page two story on the Board meeting but NO MENTION of Mr. Piercy's resignation in the McDowell News??? Another fine example of Mr. Combs reporting. I guess we can conclude that Trollinger was not distressed about this resignation or we would have had distressed part two headlines. Mr. Piercy had a duty and responsibility to step down when he moved from the district but did not do so. So the bigger question is who outed him? Anyone? Anyone? Now the positioning will begin. Anyone want to bet the "chair" will not line up somone for the seat she thinks can give her a big boost this fall?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#6 Apr 21, 2010
McDowell Taxpayer wrote:
Playing the other side for argument sake, what are the requirements for notifying the School Board upon your moving outside of an attendance area?
I am sure he had an alloted amount of time to do this and if so was he within his limits?
I think that's a relevant question. There would have to be policy and mechanisms in place to do so, but I can only assume that 3 or 4 months would be outside the limit for notification. I believe that 10 days would be ample, but it may be longer. This issue could be a moot point if he knowingly and willfully hid the fact in order to keep drawing his monthly salary.

Location hidden

#7 Apr 21, 2010
Question All Authority wrote:
So we had a front page continued to page two story on the Board meeting but NO MENTION of Mr. Piercy's resignation in the McDowell News??? Another fine example of Mr. Combs reporting. I guess we can conclude that Trollinger was not distressed about this resignation or we would have had distressed part two headlines. Mr. Piercy had a duty and responsibility to step down when he moved from the district but did not do so. So the bigger question is who outed him? Anyone? Anyone? Now the positioning will begin. Anyone want to bet the "chair" will not line up somone for the seat she thinks can give her a big boost this fall?
We all know by now how selective the McDowell News can be in their coverage. I agree with you that Piercy had a "duty to notify", But It appears that he was just laying low, and trying to figure a way around it, up and until someone probably ratted him out, and then he had no choice but to come forward.
So and So

Denver, NC

#8 Apr 21, 2010
Piercy's family is a family of entitlement. Just look at his mom. That is how she has raised him. She has always felt she was better than others and did not have to play by the same rules as everyone else. Any adult women that would talk about children because their clothes were ragged at church is not much in my book. When the church went on trips she would always roll her eyes and say I guess we will have to pay for so and so family you know they don't have the money to pay. How do I know all this. I was in the so and so family and my clothes were the one being made fun of !!!!!!! I am amazed she is in a profession working with children. I wonder how their self esteem is after being around her?
LIAR

Marion, NC

#9 Apr 21, 2010
So and So wrote:
Piercy's family is a family of entitlement. Just look at his mom. That is how she has raised him. She has always felt she was better than others and did not have to play by the same rules as everyone else. Any adult women that would talk about children because their clothes were ragged at church is not much in my book. When the church went on trips she would always roll her eyes and say I guess we will have to pay for so and so family you know they don't have the money to pay. How do I know all this. I was in the so and so family and my clothes were the one being made fun of !!!!!!! I am amazed she is in a profession working with children. I wonder how their self esteem is after being around her?
This remark could not be further from the truth. I won't defend Brian, or his actions...BUT his mother is one of the finest ladies I know. How do I know all this? Because I have known her for 25 years...because I have worked along side her...and as far as your accusations go...BECAUSE I ATTEND CHURCH WITH HER and what you have said here is the opposite of the truth. You should be ashamed.
Hey You

Denver, NC

#10 Apr 21, 2010
LIAR wrote:
<quoted text>
This remark could not be further from the truth. I won't defend Brian, or his actions...BUT his mother is one of the finest ladies I know. How do I know all this? Because I have known her for 25 years...because I have worked along side her...and as far as your accusations go...BECAUSE I ATTEND CHURCH WITH HER and what you have said here is the opposite of the truth. You should be ashamed.
This was long before 25 years ago. Get your story straight before you jump to defend people!!!!!!!!!
Hey You

Denver, NC

#11 Apr 21, 2010
Hey You wrote:
<quoted text>
This was long before 25 years ago. Get your story straight before you jump to defend people!!!!!!!!!
The reason I know this is because this happened to my mom. She still carries the scars from this today as an adult!
church lady

United States

#12 Apr 21, 2010
So and So wrote:
Your post did not do her justise.She is 10x worse.She is religous not a christian!

Since: Oct 08

Old Fort

#13 Apr 21, 2010
Well I dont post on this site but my name is Brian Piercy and I did resign my position from the board due to moving out of the district. I set out six years ago to be a voice for the people of Old Fort and Mcdowell County and to try to do the best I could for the kids of McDowell county.I have a child in the system so I have had a vested intrest.I felt like I was doing the right thing to give up the seat on the board. Just for the record I have never thought I was better than anyone else and I know that people on here are going to believe what they want. I am no where near perfect and never claimed to be.I will leave my email on here because I have tried to leave my phone number on here and it want take it, but if anyone has a problem with me I will be glad to talk. Since I have been on the board I have always tried to make myself available to the public.And to the ones who posted about my mother she has nothing to do with this so you can leave her out of this.This is the last time Will post on here because everyone here wants to hide. For those on here that have supported me in the past I want to thank each one of you and I have enjoyed serving McDowell County.Fill free to contact me [email protected]
PG Daddy

Morganton, NC

#14 Apr 21, 2010
Brian Piercy wrote:
Well I dont post on this site but my name is Brian Piercy and I did resign my position from the board due to moving out of the district. I set out six years ago to be a voice for the people of Old Fort and Mcdowell County and to try to do the best I could for the kids of McDowell county.I have a child in the system so I have had a vested intrest.I felt like I was doing the right thing to give up the seat on the board. Just for the record I have never thought I was better than anyone else and I know that people on here are going to believe what they want. I am no where near perfect and never claimed to be.I will leave my email on here because I have tried to leave my phone number on here and it want take it, but if anyone has a problem with me I will be glad to talk. Since I have been on the board I have always tried to make myself available to the public.And to the ones who posted about my mother she has nothing to do with this so you can leave her out of this.This is the last time Will post on here because everyone here wants to hide. For those on here that have supported me in the past I want to thank each one of you and I have enjoyed serving McDowell County.Fill free to contact me [email protected]
NICE JOB BRIAN. REAL NICE. SHEESH!!!!!
Board Watch

Lincolnton, NC

#15 Apr 21, 2010
Hopefully the board will replace you with someone who is an independent thinker with analytical capabilities, who can do their own research and then render an informed decision by voting their conscience, without looking around to see how the majority has voted. You were always considered a weak link and a yes man for trollinger, Miller and Owenby.

I hope you will repay the county all the salary money you took while living outside your district.

learn to spell interest, feel, and wont

I worry about anyones mental state that will actually post their email address in the Topix forum, unless you now want a fan club of freaks,and uneducated rednecks that will hound you day and night.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 21, 2010
It's a shame to see that the McDowell news wont cover this story, so Mr. Piercy has to come to the Topix forum to be heard.
par

Lincolnton, NC

#17 Apr 21, 2010
boomslang wrote:
It's a shame to see that the McDowell news wont cover this story, so Mr. Piercy has to come to the Topix forum to be heard.
http://www2.mcdowellnews.com/content/2010/apr...
PG Daddy

Morganton, NC

#18 Apr 21, 2010
par wrote:
"One of McDowell's most popular and widely respected members of the Board of Education will soon depart. Brian Piercy announced his resignation at Monday night's board meeting."

widely respected, huh? that's debatable.
LIAR

Lyman, SC

#19 Apr 21, 2010
Hey You wrote:
<quoted text>
good point. but ppl change in 25 years, IF that was true. get your story straight be u jump to accuse ppl.
So and So

Denver, NC

#20 Apr 21, 2010
LIAR wrote:
<quoted text>
good point. but ppl change in 25 years, IF that was true. get your story straight be u jump to accuse ppl.
My story is straight I lived through it. So did the rest of my family and other people who did not happen to be in the "cliche". I am not afraid to look her in the face, but she will not look me in the face. She turns her head every time she sees me. Is that change or shame or down right haughtiness!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cherish 32 min April Helms 1
Fitness man 34 min Frank B 5
Johny Banks Trailer Park (Jul '12) 35 min Heather Beam 19
Roy Moore is a pervert and a dirty old man 1 hr Roy 11
Dustin James fox 2 hr Teresa 2
Fire coach 3 hr Coach 3
Katie Whitson 8 hr Confident momma a... 13

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance