Jobs? Meth? Stupidity?

Jobs? Meth? Stupidity?

Posted in the Marion Forum

PublicDefender

Greenville, SC

#1 May 11, 2014
Recently I have noticed the escalating larceny and burglary, Obtaining Property by False Pretense and other mind numbing crimes in Mcdowell County. Being from Marion but since moved away, I am positing this question, What does everyone think it is related to?
Is it the lack of jobs, lack of outlets for family fun, uneducated social groups? I am at a loss. Having worked in law enforcement for many years, I knew that Marion wasnt perfect but it shined above Morganton, Asheville and Hickory relating to crime. It used to be a great place to live and somewhere I always wanted to return to raise my family. I am not attempting to look down on anyone or start an argument because I still believe in the people of Marion, good people!! I would love to hear thoughts on what it is that has made Mcdowell County a statistic in my field!!!
Dave

Marion, NC

#2 May 11, 2014
Marion is trash. Face it there are just some towns that have nothing but trashy people. Look how bad Nebo is. Every day someone is in the paper stealing and breaking and entering and the person is always from Nebo. There is no patrol out there. There is no law enforcement presence until after the fact. You would think by now the authorities would realize where the majority of crime is located and do something about it. Nope our police force is lazy and would rather wait until after the fact and let locals solve the crimes for them.

As far as your question is concerned its a combo of no jobs, drugs and over population. But even if there was enough jobs to go around the people in this town are too fat and lazy to work anyway.
Ken

Marion, NC

#3 May 11, 2014
Lets not forget all the bars and tattoo shops. Just lovely for a "friendly progressive" town
4real

Moore, SC

#4 May 11, 2014
I have lived in Marion my whole life, my grandparents and their grandparents are from here, I have over a century of family here I love my town but absolutely hate some of the people. It is true the drug addicts and drunks are taking over. I work in a restaurant and the WORST to wait on are the locals who complain and try to get everything for free, talk crap to out wait staff, and never tip. I understand there are good people here and I am not talking ab them it's the TRASH whom we avoid and just so yall know we remember those non tipping aholes and we actually argue ab who's turn it is to be "stiffed" (not be tipped) if you are willing to eat out and run your waitress to death and make her smell your unbearable body oder while talking your order from your toothless mouths then be willing to tip! We make 2.13 and hour which goes straight to taxes we literally love off tips, please quit wasting our time and take your fat a$$ to McDonalds

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#5 Jun 19, 2014
its common sense. Its what the people we pay to create jobs jobs are lacking,nothing here but crime,drugs and desperation.its a sad,sad
place.
Katie Kelly

Marion, NC

#6 Jun 19, 2014
Dave wrote:
Marion is trash. Face it there are just some towns that have nothing but trashy people. Look how bad Nebo is. Every day someone is in the paper stealing and breaking and entering and the person is always from Nebo. There is no patrol out there. There is no law enforcement presence until after the fact. You would think by now the authorities would realize where the majority of crime is located and do something about it. Nope our police force is lazy and would rather wait until after the fact and let locals solve the crimes for them.
As far as your question is concerned its a combo of no jobs, drugs and over population. But even if there was enough jobs to go around the people in this town are too fat and lazy to work anyway.
Every town/city has these kinds of problems. I find it offensive that you say some towns have nothing but trashy people. Doesn't every town. And as far as everyday someone being in the paper for stealing and breaking and entering..every community has these problems. and if you have such a problem with living in this town..THEN MOVE!!!
Shabba

Marion, NC

#7 Jun 19, 2014
^^ This coming from a meth head.
Katie Kelly

Marion, NC

#8 Jul 15, 2014
Nope.. sorry to disappoint you..Not a meth head..but sick of people putting down the town I live in...God Bless you!!
Love it

Asheville, NC

#9 Jul 15, 2014
4real wrote:
I have lived in Marion my whole life, my grandparents and their grandparents are from here, I have over a century of family here I love my town but absolutely hate some of the people. It is true the drug addicts and drunks are taking over. I work in a restaurant and the WORST to wait on are the locals who complain and try to get everything for free, talk crap to out wait staff, and never tip. I understand there are good people here and I am not talking ab them it's the TRASH whom we avoid and just so yall know we remember those non tipping aholes and we actually argue ab who's turn it is to be "stiffed" (not be tipped) if you are willing to eat out and run your waitress to death and make her smell your unbearable body oder while talking your order from your toothless mouths then be willing to tip! We make 2.13 and hour which goes straight to taxes we literally love off tips, please quit wasting our time and take your fat a$$ to McDonalds
I make sure to tip because I can only imagine what waiters/waitresses put up with from some patrons. For Pete's sake I've smelled the BO you speak of in grocery stores etc. It makes me want to vomit. Much less having to cater to these people. Soap is cheap and water if free. If you can eat out you can afford deodorant!
Love it

Asheville, NC

#10 Jul 15, 2014
PublicDefender wrote:
Recently I have noticed the escalating larceny and burglary, Obtaining Property by False Pretense and other mind numbing crimes in Mcdowell County. Being from Marion but since moved away, I am positing this question, What does everyone think it is related to?
Is it the lack of jobs, lack of outlets for family fun, uneducated social groups? I am at a loss. Having worked in law enforcement for many years, I knew that Marion wasnt perfect but it shined above Morganton, Asheville and Hickory relating to crime. It used to be a great place to live and somewhere I always wanted to return to raise my family. I am not attempting to look down on anyone or start an argument because I still believe in the people of Marion, good people!! I would love to hear thoughts on what it is that has made Mcdowell County a statistic in my field!!!
Clearly this person is trying to stir the proverbial pot. Duh dumbass these crimes are on the blotter everywhere. Bigger the city the worse it is! You can always move to Chicago so you can really be shocked by crimes/ statistics.
Love it

Asheville, NC

#11 Jul 15, 2014
Shabba wrote:
^^ This coming from a meth head.
Just because she has pride and loves her small town does NOT mean she's a meth head.It means she has a backbone. Which is more than I can say for you. Stupid parrot.
Love it

Asheville, NC

#12 Jul 15, 2014
Ken wrote:
Lets not forget all the bars and tattoo shops. Just lovely for a "friendly progressive" town
Come on now. Don't be ridiculous we have way more fast food restaurants (2of the same ones), dollar stores, car washes and churches. Talk about progressive?
Truth

Simpsonville, SC

#13 Jul 15, 2014
To answer your question without slinging mud the crime rate is reflective of the punishment. If our judges would give stiffer penalities and more jail time we would see a sharp decline in crime. Our vehicle was stolen and used on a burgulary spree. Did they go to jail? NOPE. Did they use a whole tank of our gas and not have to compensate us? YEP. So in essence we, the victims, were punished and they got a slap on the wrist.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#14 Jul 16, 2014
Ken wrote:
Lets not forget all the bars and tattoo shops. Just lovely for a "friendly progressive" town
Yes because those who have tattoos are whats wrong with MethDowell! LOL!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#15 Jul 16, 2014
4real wrote:
I have lived in Marion my whole life, my grandparents and their grandparents are from here, I have over a century of family here I love my town but absolutely hate some of the people. It is true the drug addicts and drunks are taking over. I work in a restaurant and the WORST to wait on are the locals who complain and try to get everything for free, talk crap to out wait staff, and never tip. I understand there are good people here and I am not talking ab them it's the TRASH whom we avoid and just so yall know we remember those non tipping aholes and we actually argue ab who's turn it is to be "stiffed" (not be tipped) if you are willing to eat out and run your waitress to death and make her smell your unbearable body oder while talking your order from your toothless mouths then be willing to tip! We make 2.13 and hour which goes straight to taxes we literally love off tips, please quit wasting our time and take your fat a$$ to McDonalds
I can't imagine having to wait on sweaty nasty a*s people who are too lazy to take a shower then get stiffed out of a tip. I have smelled it myself at restaurants and other businesses as well. That is one reason to go out of town to eat and the fact that MethDowell has 3 MAYBE 4 good places to eat in the entire county.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#16 Jul 16, 2014
2 more on the front page of the paper today arrested for meth! They don't call us MethDowell for nothing!
mcdowsux

Marion, NC

#17 Oct 14, 2014
Katie Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Every town/city has these kinds of problems. I find it offensive that you say some towns have nothing but trashy people. Doesn't every town. And as far as everyday someone being in the paper for stealing and breaking and entering..every community has these problems. and if you have such a problem with living in this town..THEN MOVE!!!
You just can't fix STUPID. If the people moved DUMMY , you would still have the same problems. And NO every town or county does not have the same degree of crime, drugs as Mcdowell. based on per capita of population. It is a money racket here for the county to keep the jails overflowing. It is evident you have never been out of McDowell county and compared how the rest of the world operates.

Since: Sep 14

Neither Here, Nor There

#18 Oct 19, 2014
People that use math and crack are the epitome of stupidity. I know someone that got rid of their married other half for using math...and then went on to use crack themselves. Hard drugs, except for the rare cases of nonviolent consensual use, is a major bane of our society....but "law enforcement" needs these people to keep propping up the prison industrial complex. In the rare case of nonviolent consensual users, where they do not lie/cheat/steal/drive while high et all and have the money to indulge, leave them be and save the prison space for a child molested.
Abby Normal

Sylva, NC

#19 Oct 20, 2014
Clinchfield OG wrote:
People that use math and crack are the epitome of stupidity. I know someone that got rid of their married other half for using math...and then went on to use crack themselves. Hard drugs, except for the rare cases of nonviolent consensual use, is a major bane of our society....but "law enforcement" needs these people to keep propping up the prison industrial complex. In the rare case of nonviolent consensual users, where they do not lie/cheat/steal/drive while high et all and have the money to indulge, leave them be and save the prison space for a child molested.
Yeah, that Math is a killer. Math. Not even once.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Bartlet 21 min Facts 9
Where is cherish gilliand? (Nov '13) 2 hr Just Saying 56
Jaime "lil penis" Russell 9 hr Susan 14
Janet Lewis 10 hr Courtney 10
Who are the best Titan Athletes to play at McDo... (Jun '10) 14 hr oldie but goodie 157
Wesley Lewis? 15 hr FresH 1
Eva Barlowe to be Released? (May '10) 20 hr Tina 146

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages