Texas Pizza, Marion NC
packfan

Candler, NC

#165 Nov 26, 2011
Patrick Willoughby wrote:
<quoted text>
If I recall correctly, all of the employee's shirts say "Bigger & Better Pizza". So yeah. Someone said it was the best. Or at least hinted at it. Village Inn Pizza in Morganton is the best I have ever had. Texas Pizza was just like any other pizza I have ever eaten. Nothing special about it but the higher price.
I think Village Inn at one time had the best thin crust buffet style pizza around. That being said the past few times I have been in there the pizza wasn't anything special and was very greasy (I know it is pizza and is supposed to be but this was excessive). I suggest you check out Geppeto's of Morganton on South Green Street. They have a wonderful selection of pizza as well as a very well stocked salad bar.

Since: May 11

United States

#166 Nov 27, 2011
Patrick Willoughby wrote:
<quoted text>
If I recall correctly, all of the employee's shirts say "Bigger & Better Pizza". So yeah. Someone said it was the best. Or at least hinted at it. Village Inn Pizza in Morganton is the best I have ever had. Texas Pizza was just like any other pizza I have ever eaten. Nothing special about it but the higher price.
Village Inn is the suckiest buffet I've ever been to. Pizza is so dried out....Geppettos is great! Texas Pizza may not be the best...but it is a different style is why I liked it.
Roni

United States

#167 Nov 27, 2011
Supreme pizza is supreme! Called ahead, picked up hot & tasty. The thin crust is really thin
Yum!
Amanda

Asheville, NC

#170 Nov 30, 2011
intheknow wrote:
First, the owners are NOT from Chow Time and their pizzas are really good. This is their first restaurant. Just give them a little time to work out the kinks... It'll be worth it!
The owners are the same as chowtime I know the owners Mike and Roger.
Rachel

Monroe, NC

#172 Dec 3, 2011
I love their food and I was just wondering how old the pll on here are cuz your acting like ur in high school lol if u dont like it don't eat there it's that simple !
CHI TOWN

Hoffman Forest, NC

#174 Dec 6, 2011
I come from where people know Pizza..The old lady and i went to Texas Pizza Over the weekend ..It was good..Not bad at all.
jafo

United States

#175 Dec 7, 2011
I ate there for the first and last time . It's to expensive for the same pizza you can get at little ceaser for $5 . For the price I was charged I expected a nice thick crust and.plentiful toppings , well I got none of that , so I won't be back

Prattville, AL

#176 Dec 7, 2011
jafo wrote:
I ate there for the first and last time . It's to expensive for the same pizza you can get at little ceaser for $5 . For the price I was charged I expected a nice thick crust and.plentiful toppings , well I got none of that , so I won't be back
Well...you should have ordered "thick crust" and more toppings...those $5 Little Caesars are crap.
jafo

Chattanooga, TN

#177 Dec 7, 2011
I just called it in . The girl didn't ask me what crust I wanted and I didn't know what they had . But if a medium thin trusted 3 topping pizza is $18 I don't want to know how much a thick crust with more topping would be . Don't get me wrong it isn't bad pizza . Just not worth what they are charging for it . They won't stay in business with the prices they are charging now ,maybe they should consider a reasonably priced buffet
CHI TOWN

Swansea, SC

#178 Dec 7, 2011
Jafo...You probably squeak when you walk..

United States

#179 Dec 8, 2011
jafo wrote:
I just called it in . The girl didn't ask me what crust I wanted and I didn't know what they had . But if a medium thin trusted 3 topping pizza is $18 I don't want to know how much a thick crust with more topping would be . Don't get me wrong it isn't bad pizza . Just not worth what they are charging for it . They won't stay in business with the prices they are charging now ,maybe they should consider a reasonably priced buffet
I all depends on what Pizza you ordered....places like Little Caesars and even Pizza Hut, yes, are offering these $5 pizzas, but they're crap and not worth taking home. If you want good quality pizza, you're going to pay a bit more. Just give this upstart time....too many want to write them off after only one visit. They may not be perfect, but I have gotten far worse service on more than one occasion at our local Pizza Hut. Have gotten my mean free a couple of times because of their screw-ups. They could shut it down as far as I'm concerned.
jafo

Spartanburg, SC

#180 Dec 8, 2011
CHI TOWN wrote:
Jafo...You probably squeak when you walk..
No I just like to get what I pay for . And a medium 3 topping pizza with minimal toppings and a thin crust isn't worth $18 to me .

I will give them one more chance and report back

Tishomingo, MS

#181 Dec 8, 2011
jafo wrote:
<quoted text>
No I just like to get what I pay for . And a medium 3 topping pizza with minimal toppings and a thin crust isn't worth $18 to me .
I will give them one more chance and report back
Are you so dumb that you didn't know the price before you ordered? I know the owner as well....if you'd voiced your concern, she'd probably discounted or gave it to you.
Agree

Asheville, NC

#182 Dec 19, 2011
the ziti is the same way, just sauce and noodles, no meat
jafo

United States

#183 Dec 22, 2011
Dawgy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you so dumb that you didn't know the price before you ordered? I know the owner as well....if you'd voiced your concern, she'd probably discounted or gave it to you.
I know the owner too , and it wasn't about the price , I don't mind paying for good pizza , it was about what I got for that price , so before you call someone else dumb , maybe you.should read the post before making yourself look like a moron
Christie

Asheville, NC

#184 Dec 27, 2011
Our first trip to Texas Pizza never really happened...we drove off after seeing what the pizzas looked like in the drive-up window (and yes, we sat there a while and no one ever saw us, so it was easy to drive off). We did, however, go back & try it -- and I am SO glad we did! I have had their 7" pepperoni pizza (like a personal pizza) and my husband always gets the Austin 12". I am from NY and I can tell you that this is the closest I've come to having pizza like I can get at home. I've also had their calzone and it was very good as well. We have noticed that there is some inconsistency in the way the 12" is made. Sometimes we get a good regular crust and other times its thin (even though we always order the same thing). I know they're new and it'll take time to get everything worked out. If you haven't tried it, don't be put off by the initial comments on this sight. Everyone has an ideal for pizza - you may not like it, but we certainly do (and go back often!).
Martha

Mars Hill, NC

#185 Dec 27, 2011
Eat flour or eat vegtables

Prattville, AL

#186 Dec 27, 2011
jafo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the owner too , and it wasn't about the price , I don't mind paying for good pizza , it was about what I got for that price , so before you call someone else dumb , maybe you.should read the post before making yourself look like a moron
I did read idiot...maybe you need to? Don't gripe about price when you know it before you order...I've not gotten a bad pizza there yet. Sure it costs a little more, but it's better pizza. I haven't had any problems with quantity of toppings...maybe it's just you?
BigTex

Asheville, NC

#187 Jan 4, 2012
I had me the Austin...prepared to be disappointed. I wasn't...it was really meaty and frikkin awesome!! Dawgy got him a good place this time!!
kdm

United States

#188 Jan 5, 2012
Awesome pizza!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Voters Screwed Themselves & The Rest of Us (Mar '17) 1 hr Alex 796
Jeff Williams 2 hr Angela 7
Jeff smith (Jul '12) 4 hr Tracy 13
Cherish Gilliland 12 hr Trashy 16
Transfiguration Tattoo Studio (May '13) 12 hr Rick 85
Christina Evans,fake as they come 13 hr Tina 2
Chad Bartley,rape of a kid 14 hr Tater 4

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance