Koloki

Marion, NC

#122 May 14, 2013
Jeff... Just stop already. Your posts are getting stupid and for you to try and lump all Christians in the same category is lame. You know I'm open minded and I don't care if you don't believe. Your posts just get angrier and I don't know why you care. Why are you attacking them? Trying to seem so much better and smarter? That to me is a hypocrite. You aren't going to change each others minds so I don't see the point. What do you do for other people that makes you so great? What do you do to help your fellow man? I just don't get it. At least these people are trying the only thing you seem to be doing is sitting back and pointing an accusatory finger at everyone else. For what?
Bubba

Linden, NC

#123 May 14, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing I clearly can say for sure that is that you know nothing about atheism.
One thing I can clearly say is that I know all I want to know. lol
LOVE GOD

Mars Hill, NC

#124 May 14, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing I clearly can say for sure that is that you know nothing about atheism.
LIKE I SAID NOTHING YOU CAN SAY TO ME ON HEAR TO CHANGE MY HEART AND NOTHING I CAN SAY TO CHANGE YOUR HEART BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE WE WILL SEE OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN SOME IT MAY BE A SHORT WHILE AND IM PRAYING I WILL GET TO STAY WITH HIM FOREVER I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW JEFF I AM STILL PRAYING FOR YOU ALL THANK YOU FOR READING MY POST
Bubba

Linden, NC

#125 May 14, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Now, I was raised in the church and have been the member of numerous churches, including a couple in Marion. In my experience, churches spend most of the money they collect via tithes to upkeep churches and pay staff. What's left over tends to go toward work sponsored by the church. What church do you go to, Bubba, that so much money is donated that only 25% is needed to maintain the church building and give the pastor a decent living wage?
I wonder if it's like most of the churches I pass on the way to various places Sunday mornings, where the cars in the parking lot are significantly nicer than the cars in the neighborhood where the church is located. And what of the Catholic Christian churches, which gleam with gold and polished marble? Too bad to get to those churches, parishioners have to drive through blighted neighborhoods where people require government assistance to eat and heat their homes in the winter.
In fact, if you were a Christian who actually followed Jesus' word, you and the other people at your church would give up every earthly possession, even the leave your family, your clothing, "even your staff," and depend on your Lord for your food and clothing, and spend your entire life on the road spreading God's Word, as in Matthew 19. But that's too uncomfortable for you, isn't it? You'd rather spend your life enjoying material possessions, a roof over your head, and internet than follow God's command, right?
So tell me, do you take Christianity seriously or not? Seems to me you're picking and choosing God's commands.
You're a hypocrite, like nearly all other Christians. No wonder Christianity per capita in this country is at an all-time low.
Wow Jeff, you are really losing ground here and beginning to show your true colors. My bible say that all I need to do to get to heaven is accept Jesus Christ as my saviour, ask forgiveness for my sins and believe that we will have an eternal life at his coming. So your perception of a Christian is that you have to give of all your worldly possesions and live as a hermit. The interpretation of Matthew 19:29 is simply that you do not put your worldly possesions which includes you home, money , family or anything before God. We are to take care of and care for the widow the, poor and our familys. How are we supposed to do that if we are poorer than the one we are commanded to help? You should go back to church and listen and read the bible and get help in understanding the interpretations of God's word. You are truly confused and misinformed. I think you can tell by my postings that I take Christianity seriously and try to be a true witness to God's word. I stay steady with my attitude towards others and don't get excited when people like you try to provoke me. That is what a christian is supposed to do. If your jealous of the cars in the church parking lot, try attending, pay your tithes at more than the ten percent, worship and give God praise for all you have and you will be blessed with more than you could ever imagine. You can not out give God, he's been very good to me.
Jeff

Asheville, NC

#127 May 15, 2013
Bubba,

The Bible does not say that "all you have to do is accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior." If that were the case, the Bible would be John 3:16. One of those things Jesus commands you to do is to sell your possessions so that you may give to the poor.

Nowhere in Matthew 19:29 does Jesus say "Don't put your possessions before Me." In Luke, Jesus says "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Instead, accumulate a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys."

He says it in Luke 12:33. In Matthew 19:21, Jesus commands to give you all of your possessions, just in case people think it means "some" possessions. He says it again in Mark 10:21.

That's three times Jesus has outright commanded in very plain speech that you are to sell all you own. There are small children literally starving to death in this world and, as the advertisement on television says, the amount you pay for internet every month could feed multiple children. You are very rich compared to them.

So tell me, Bubba, why do you ignore your Lord's very clear commandments to you?
Jeff

Asheville, NC

#128 May 15, 2013
This attitude of "All I have to do is accept Jesus as my Lord and nothing else" business is one of the main things that turned me away from Christianity. I saw so many Christians who smiled and shook hands in church on Sunday, comfortable I the knowledge that they had done all they had to (publicly admit they accepted Jesus as their Savior), and then freely acted like the most awful people when church was over. Like Bubba here, once they had taken the oath, then they felt free to ignore all the other instructions in the Bible. They always would take very plain biblical language and manage to find some say, like Bubba with Matt 19, to twist the meaning into something that made them more comfortable - a way to rationalize why they should be able to ignore God's more uncomfortable commandments. In short, they were hypocrites.

I've only met one person in my life who really tried to live like a real Christian, unlike Bubba here. He sold his house, his car, and his possessions, and lived in a homeless shelter full time so he could witness to those people. Last time I checked, he'd been doing it for eight years now.

But that's too uncomfortable. For the vast majority, following God's Word is only done if it's not inconvenient. The idea of giving all possessions away to do what God commands for a short time should be easy if you truly believe you're getting eternal reward in Heaven after your very short tenure on Earth. However, you don't do that and when others see that even so-called Christians don't act like they believe what's in the Bible, you can understand why church membership all over the country is going down.
Great

Weaverville, NC

#129 May 15, 2013
Good post Jeff! Well thought out and very true!
Bubba

Linden, NC

#130 May 15, 2013
Great wrote:
Good post Jeff! Well thought out and very true!
Jeff,Jeff,Jeff, You have truly dropped off the deep end haven't you. In your lifetime you have met, according to your standards, only one Christian? Why do you read and try to interpret a Bible of someone else's belief? You have become what you were so emphatically against at the beginning of this thread and that is people who try to force your belief upon others. Your interpretation of the Bible will always be different from others simply because you are not a believer. Are you a better man because you give nothing to those less fortunate than you, or am I that gives a portion of my possessions to make others lifes better?. Are you a better man because you always find fault in those not like you, or am I that tries to give hope to those that have none? Are you better man because you are envious of another mans possesions or am I that is glad to see others prosper and have things better than me? Is the man that sells all his possesions, abandons his family, goes on a eight year trek, is that being selfish or is the better man the one who stays and witnesses from his home, is faithful to his church family, does not shun his responsiblities of raising his children and supporting his wife, who is the better man? From where I'm sitting, I see a bitter man who is consumed by your hate for other people because they are different from you. Jesus taught us to love everyone, even those that are against us, so if Jeff and Great can't, are they a better man?
Koloki

Marion, NC

#131 May 15, 2013
I agree with Bubba. Jeff you seem very intolerant and have some kind of vendetta. It's ridiculous if you don't believe nobody cares. Just stop already. To each his own is my motto. You need to think about that seriously. I don't understand you as a person at all.
LOVE GOD

Burnsville, NC

#132 May 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> Jeff,Jeff,Jeff, You have truly dropped off the deep end haven't you. In your lifetime you have met, according to your standards, only one Christian? Why do you read and try to interpret a Bible of someone else's belief? You have become what you were so emphatically against at the beginning of this thread and that is people who try to force your belief upon others. Your interpretation of the Bible will always be different from others simply because you are not a believer. Are you a better man because you give nothing to those less fortunate than you, or am I that gives a portion of my possessions to make others lifes better?. Are you a better man because you always find fault in those not like you, or am I that tries to give hope to those that have none? Are you better man because you are envious of another mans possesions or am I that is glad to see others prosper and have things better than me? Is the man that sells all his possesions, abandons his family, goes on a eight year trek, is that being selfish or is the better man the one who stays and witnesses from his home, is faithful to his church family, does not shun his responsiblities of raising his children and supporting his wife, who is the better man? From where I'm sitting, I see a bitter man who is consumed by your hate for other people because they are different from you. Jesus taught us to love everyone, even those that are against us, so if Jeff and Great can't, are they a better man?
Well said Bubba, jeff just because we go to church and on sundays we shake each others hands and maybe even hug each others necks,yes you may see one of us church goers having a bad day or maybe even saying things we shouldnt that is where forgiveness comes in. As Christians we try our best to live by gods word but i know from experience we are not perfect we all make mistakes and have to ask for forgiveness and start over it is a battle every waking day to live right but we try i can tell you i ask God to forgive me so many times a day he probably gets tired of hearing from me..lol... just joking he never gets tried of hearing us all he wants us to do is to love him, each other,and spread his word so others can see his Glory in us. Jeff i believe someone has really hurt you and i am truly sorry.You have your right to believe how you want,and i as a christian may not think it is right doesnt mean i cant love you , i love everyone you gays lesbians ect....you are my brother and i can only account for what i do.We will find out oneday when this world is over, all said and done until next time, i will still be praying.. thanks

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#133 May 15, 2013
Omg. Seriously. Arguing over topix about this. The point was made, Jeff, you know how these people think. Don't let them rile you up, they're ignorant, and no matter what, you can't point out the obvious truth to them, because they aren't going to see it anyways. Just let it go and think about the people left here to rot with these morons in marion.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#134 May 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> Care to share your proof that the prisons are filled with more christians than non christians or are you just spreading more of your nonfactual lies and hopeing that someone will believe you? I don't see any of your atheist organizations reaching into third world countries and feeding these people that you're talking about, drilling wells so they can have clean drinking water, building shelters for those that don't have homes, providing medicine and doctors for the sick and paid for out of the pocket all these terrible Christian people. They truly must be a terrible lot.
Only a fool would announce "liar" before checking the facts for themselves. Why don't you try verifying the statistics for yourself? Just google it. Go ahead, check for yourself how many Christians are in the prison population compared with Atheist population. You also don't see secular non-profits reaching into third world nations because you don't want to see. Doctors without Borders, Invisible Children, Charity water, all go to third world countries to help those with less. How about The Red Cross, are you even aware that it is secular, and one of the largest charities in the world. The difference is that these organizations don't promote a religious agenda.They don't go into Africa and tell the locals that birth control and being gay is a sin, they don't condemn. These countries wouldn't even need charity if it wasn't for the Christian agenda. By the standards you've posted they must be a terrible lot. By the way, I'm going to guess at the Christian population in the U.S. prison system to be around eighty percent, what statistics do you find?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#135 May 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>I am aware of these programs and some of them are for a good cause but the majority are for the benefit and promotion of the atheist own cause. Because of my belief, I can and will not support. I prefer to support and help those that need the help the most and can in no way help me in return.
"Benefit and promotion of the Atheist own cause", Sir, you are clueless. Federal law states that non-religious charities "must work for the benefit of the community", churches however, do not have to adhere to this law, it's their own religious agenda that is promoted. Supporting those that can no way help you in return is a joke right? Although giving to charity is a selfless act, you are commanded by your dogma to do so, I would think you expect to get kudos for the act on your judgement day, in fact I would think you would be pissed if you didn't. Of course you expect something in return, who are you trying to kid here?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#136 May 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> I have no idea about what you just posted, change populations culture and religion? WHAT? And you're wrong, many do care about my belief. Its just that because of your non belief that you do not care about my beliefs.
Yes, Bubba, change in population and culture, pay attention to what is being said to you, or don't partake.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#137 May 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> Care, you may notice that I wont be upset, won't resort to name calling, will respect your right to believe or not to believe and most importantly will not allow anyone to put me in a place that I do not want to be in.
Well you have already called me a liar, so should we take everything you say with a grain of salt. And if Christianity respects my right to believe as I please, then quit sending missionaries to peoples doorstep.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#138 May 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> False, less than 25 % of the money that goes into our church goes to maintenance and salaries. Our excess monies are used for taking care of the widow, feeding and clothing the needy within our own community, building ramps and decks for the wheelchair bound, keeping the power on for those that have hit on hard times, to support a childrens home supported soley by our church denomination, to support ministries in Israel and India and the list goes on and on. Trust me, every penny is spent with accountability and none is wasted on trivial things. None of it is spent on things like supporting "there are no atheist in foxholes",NEA( against school vouchers), support Michael Meddow( his quest is to have under God removed from pledge of allegiance and our money,"Godless Americans " ( support political candidates that are like minded to the atheist community) and the list goes on a on. Just comparing the Christian cause list with the atheistic list, I would rather spend my money to help others in need than to a group that is soley out to support there own cause and fight angainst those that don't believe like they do.
Where did you come up with your less than twenty-five percent? Churches don't file financial information, and are under no obligation to do so, most don't pay property tax, or sales tax, thereby being subsidized by the taxpayer. And twenty-five percent seems like a lot, when an organization like Doctors without Borders only has about a six percent overhead. We know this because they have to disclose this information unlike your church. And once again I will remind you that by law, a secular charity must provide for the betterment of the community, unlike a church, that is able legally to promote their own agenda, which they do constantly. You'll have to prove that "every penny is spent with accountability", I see no reason to believe you know what you are talking about. But, I doubt you would want to do that, so what else do you have?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#139 May 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> One thing I can clearly say is that I know all I want to know. lol
Is that because ignorance really is bliss?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#140 May 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> Jeff,Jeff,Jeff, You have truly dropped off the deep end haven't you. In your lifetime you have met, according to your standards, only one Christian? Why do you read and try to interpret a Bible of someone else's belief? You have become what you were so emphatically against at the beginning of this thread and that is people who try to force your belief upon others. Your interpretation of the Bible will always be different from others simply because you are not a believer. Are you a better man because you give nothing to those less fortunate than you, or am I that gives a portion of my possessions to make others lifes better?. Are you a better man because you always find fault in those not like you, or am I that tries to give hope to those that have none? Are you better man because you are envious of another mans possesions or am I that is glad to see others prosper and have things better than me? Is the man that sells all his possesions, abandons his family, goes on a eight year trek, is that being selfish or is the better man the one who stays and witnesses from his home, is faithful to his church family, does not shun his responsiblities of raising his children and supporting his wife, who is the better man? From where I'm sitting, I see a bitter man who is consumed by your hate for other people because they are different from you. Jesus taught us to love everyone, even those that are against us, so if Jeff and Great can't, are they a better man?
Why do you assume that Jeff, as an Atheist gives nothing to those less fortunate? Secular charities take in quiet a bit of cash and time from their donors. You've made an incredible amount of assumptions in just a few days, could it be, it's your Christianity showing.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#141 May 15, 2013
I see I've made a spelling error, pardon me.
Bubba

Linden, NC

#142 May 15, 2013
pearl wrote:
I see I've made a spelling error, pardon me.
You made more errors than just spelling, but that's you. It doesn't matter what I post, you and a couple other your group will find some nonfactual reason to discount our religion. I have to prove nothing to you, You know nothing about me, my life my church or its financial status yet your the one making assumptions and just pulling Guesses out of the air with no facts to back up anything that you say. Just seeing the post that you and some of the others on here just reinforces and makes me appreciate my religion and my church all the more. "LOVE GOD" and "Koloki" thank you for your sensible post for they are far and few between on this thread. I have never seen so many cruel and hateful comments from anyone who claims that " I can be a good person without God" and say that we are the crazy people. This thread is done with, I'm thankful that my sins have been paid for yet sad to see that you will continue on to sin and live your "free thinking" life with no accountability but the end of your life will be here sooner than you think. We always keep people in our prayers and you will be no exception. One of the days, you will realize that "Bubba" was your friend and will regret not listening to what he had to say... "that's all folks"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone no Linda Jones 18 min monster watcher 2
Ivans/bowling alley 3 hr Immeee 4
America's Blood Suckers!!!!! 5 hr Cliven 47
Parking On The Side Of The Road At Baxters 7 hr heather 5
The end result of Liberal "Socialism". 8 hr Robert J Carpenter 1
Single gay men in McDowell 13 hr Ben 7
Gay guys in McDowell (Sep '12) 15 hr bitch 80
Marion Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web