LULZ

Morganton, NC

#21 May 5, 2013
Tammy wrote:
Most radical Christians in this area are like "God Fearing" They are vile.... seems like this is a mental disorder or something. I'm glad I was able to get away from it and not totally brainwashed. Being rid of religion is the best thing I ever done. I'm spiritual, just not religious. My beliefs are between me and who ever I believe in and none of anyone's business as I don't have to answer to any living soul on this world.
I agree Tammy. Like I said earlier, I DO believe in God. I consider myself a Christian. Not because I go to church "I don't" but because I try to treat everyone like I want to be treated. By being the nicest person I can be under any given circumstances. By being the type of person Jesus would want me to be. Not judging others for what they do. I sometimes am guilty of that. But at least I admit it. I am guilty of judging the religious folks who down me. But you have to draw a line somewhere. If someone likes to drink, doesn't harm anyone at all, leave them alone. I feel that way about gays, tattoo people, hell anyone who wants to do something I may not like or agree with. Live and let live. Don't try to force radical religion on me. I won't make you drink a beer.
Nasty

Marion, NC

#22 May 5, 2013
LULZ wrote:
<quoted text>What a great "CHRISTIAN" response.
Close your legs bitch your breath stinks!
Nasty

Marion, NC

#23 May 5, 2013
LULZ wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Tammy. Like I said earlier, I DO believe in God. I consider myself a Christian. Not because I go to church "I don't" but because I try to treat everyone like I want to be treated. By being the nicest person I can be under any given circumstances. By being the type of person Jesus would want me to be. Not judging others for what they do. I sometimes am guilty of that. But at least I admit it. I am guilty of judging the religious folks who down me. But you have to draw a line somewhere. If someone likes to drink, doesn't harm anyone at all, leave them alone. I feel that way about gays, tattoo people, hell anyone who wants to do something I may not like or agree with. Live and let live. Don't try to force radical religion on me. I won't make you drink a beer.
You really need to keep them black snakes out of your ars.
Tammy

Marion, NC

#24 May 5, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to keep them black snakes out of your ars.
Just ignore the trash. They have no interest in discussion or debate. Only here to call names and cause trouble.
LULZ

Morganton, NC

#25 May 5, 2013
Tammy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ignore the trash. They have no interest in discussion or debate. Only here to call names and cause trouble.
Yes, I know. I've been trying to educate folks here for a long time. It ain't working. They are so stupid no matter what you say or what you prove to them is true, they will say it isn't true. Sad, pitiful McDowell ignorance.
Nasty

Marion, NC

#27 May 5, 2013
LULZ wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I know. I've been trying to educate folks here for a long time. It ain't working. They are so stupid no matter what you say or what you prove to them is true, they will say it isn't true. Sad, pitiful McDowell ignorance.
LOL...Well stop trying to educate us about how much you love your daddys blackroot we dont care.
alo0403

Mooresville, NC

#28 May 5, 2013
God Fearing wrote:
Let me tel you people something Christians has been persecuted throughout history! I am sick of people a talkin about about me and my church family. Just cause u think that we are bashin gays when the bible says that these people are going to hell! People need to listen to the word of God! Why in my day you never heard of such a thing as gays and you did people would be shamed and they would not have publicly declared their perverted views. This hole town has gone down. I remember that before only prisioners and degenerates got tattoos. Now irresponsible parents are letting their children get these vile markings on their bodies. The bible planely states that you will not put the names of the dead on your body. These people who do this are no better than the vile homosexuals who pray upon our innocent children. This country is headed for revolution. The Christian people need to take back their counrty that there forefathers founded for them. You people who are in on this need to repent and get rite with God before he comes back and judges the hole world! Our preacher and our church is organizing a protest against all of this wickedness on the court house lawn on June 10. We are hoping that all of the true Christians will come out and support good moral family values and Christian biblical principals!
Your f*cking crazy!
mama says

Candler, NC

#29 May 5, 2013
God Fearing wrote:
Let me tel you people something Christians has been persecuted throughout history! I am sick of people a talkin about about me and my church family. Just cause u think that we are bashin gays when the bible says that these people are going to hell! People need to listen to the word of God! Why in my day you never heard of such a thing as gays and you did people would be shamed and they would not have publicly declared their perverted views. This hole town has gone down. I remember that before only prisioners and degenerates got tattoos. Now irresponsible parents are letting their children get these vile markings on their bodies. The bible planely states that you will not put the names of the dead on your body. These people who do this are no better than the vile homosexuals who pray upon our innocent children. This country is headed for revolution. The Christian people need to take back their counrty that there forefathers founded for them. You people who are in on this need to repent and get rite with God before he comes back and judges the hole world! Our preacher and our church is organizing a protest against all of this wickedness on the court house lawn on June 10. We are hoping that all of the true Christians will come out and support good moral family values and Christian biblical principals!
7 mispelled or misused words. Its not gays preying on our kids its good ol boys married go to church and wear masks in public but take them off when they are alone with kids and nobody's looking. true wolves in sheep's clothing Gods wrath will come down on them and false prophets...look how many white MEN have been arrested lately for lusting over and working jobs to give them easy access to our babies molesting them telling them if they tell they will hurt their families taking pictures of their little bodies shaming and degrading them I pray that Gods avenging angels come down with a vengeance and torment those white devils till they kill themselves in prison.
i am sin

Weaverville, NC

#30 May 5, 2013
God Fearing wrote:
what a nutcase. christians? persecuted? ever heard of the crusades? probably not. here's a brief summary: european christians of the middle ages were mass murderers. christians are far from persecuted, you fascist piece of garbage. stop stealing my taxes for your welfare so you can sit at home and foam at the mouth, waxing idiotically about a violent religion.
falling short again

Blacksburg, SC

#31 May 5, 2013
[ who i="God Fearing"]Let me tel you people something Christians has been persecuted throughout history! I am sick of people a talkin about about me and my church family. Just cause u think that we are bashin gays when the bible says that these people are going to hell! People need to listen to the word of God! Why in my day you never heard of such a thing as gays add you did people would be shamed and they would not have publicly declared their perverted views. This hole town has gone down. I remember that before only prisioners and degenerates got tattoos. Now irresponsible parents are letting their children get these vile markings on their bodies. The bible planely states that you will not put the names of the dead on your body. These people who do this are no better than the vile homosexuals who pray upon our innocent children. This country is headed for revolution. The Christian people need to take back their counrty that there forefathers founded for them. You people who are in on this need to repent and get rite with God before he comes back and judges the hole world! Our preacher and our church is organizing a protest against all of this wickedness on the court house lawn on June 10. We are hoping that all of the true Christians will come out and support good moral family values and Christian biblical principals![

QUOTE]...every time I want to post something about someone or something on here I can't..GOD STOPS ME.he wont me because its wrong.if you don't feel that in you're heart you need to check your salvation. Lift one another in prayer..do not year down your neighbor on thus e evil sight..a shouldn't even b4 on here..www looking for flood info
Bubba

Linden, NC

#32 May 6, 2013
God Fearing wrote:
All I can do is just shake my head in embarassment on the way some churches display their judgemental attitudes towards others as though they are better than the rest. Until you realize that sinners commit sin and to continually point out that in public is going to do nothing but push them farther away. Jesus loves everyone, even those that go to hell, those in hell just didn't accept him. Until you can open your arms and love those that commit the sin, and yes your church is full of those that you are so preaching against, there will be a place reserved in hell just for you as well. Anyone who causes a person to not accept Jesus christ as their saviour by their actions will have to answer for it at their judgement day and will have that persons blood on their hands.
Mercedes

Marion, NC

#33 May 6, 2013
I openly adore this whole thread. There are some wonderful remarks on here... people with common sense and a good heart. A few nutcases, too.. just to drive the point home that the people around here are kinda nutso. To the original poster, If you were here I'd shake your hand. Jesus died so that I could be forgiven for my sins.. He died and all he asked is that we love and respect one another, live in tolerance and regret our actions that harm others. Jesus is a homie, and I think that if he walked into any of these churches, yes, they WOULD throw him out, judging him as a dirty, liberal hippie. This county ought to be ashamed of its self.
Donnie

Marion, NC

#34 May 6, 2013
Mercedes wrote:
I openly adore this whole thread. There are some wonderful remarks on here... people with common sense and a good heart. A few nutcases, too.. just to drive the point home that the people around here are kinda nutso. To the original poster, If you were here I'd shake your hand. Jesus died so that I could be forgiven for my sins.. He died and all he asked is that we love and respect one another, live in tolerance and regret our actions that harm others. Jesus is a homie, and I think that if he walked into any of these churches, yes, they WOULD throw him out, judging him as a dirty, liberal hippie. This county ought to be ashamed of its self.
Exactly, Mercedes! I never understood how people can say this and say that about Jesus, talk about how great he was and how he saved them, then out of the other side of their mouth support the right-wing extremest of our society...these people have been brainwashed to believe something that just don't jive if they have read and understood that bible they claim to know all about.
Welcome

Marion, NC

#35 May 6, 2013
Marion - The most hypocritical Christianized bible belt you'll find in NC.
Jeff

Asheville, NC

#36 May 6, 2013
Mercedes, you'll have to shake my virtual hand. Thanks for the sentiment.

Since: Mar 13

Dunlap, TN

#37 May 7, 2013
David - I agree 100%, your reasoning is spot on. I myself have been to several churches in the county and it doesn't take long to figure out that all the do-gooders and bible beaters are among the worst. They declare that they live according to God's word but live like the devil. They justify their hypocritical lives by adding the part where they attend church every time the doors are open, or that they have been going to church all their life.
Most drink, do drugs, and commit adultery all while acting holier than thou while out in public or while amongst their church friends.

God fearing - Well, it is awful hard to get people to believe the BS your slinging when you live a double life, and it shows through in every thing you do. Life your life in accordance with God's word yes, that doesn't involve bashing other people, hatred, or involve the judging that you are doing. You will answer to God for your acts, and you will receive punishment, not praise.
Bubba

Linden, NC

#38 May 7, 2013
ZorgIndustries wrote:
David - I agree 100%, your reasoning is spot on. I myself have been to several churches in the county and it doesn't take long to figure out that all the do-gooders and bible beaters are among the worst. They declare that they live according to God's word but live like the devil. They justify their hypocritical lives by adding the part where they attend church every time the doors are open, or that they have been going to church all their life.
Most drink, do drugs, and commit adultery all while acting holier than thou while out in public or while amongst their church friends.
God fearing - Well, it is awful hard to get people to believe the BS your slinging when you live a double life, and it shows through in every thing you do. Life your life in accordance with God's word yes, that doesn't involve bashing other people, hatred, or involve the judging that you are doing. You will answer to God for your acts, and you will receive punishment, not praise.
You are correct that there are many that only put on a show and are only Sunday morning Christians but please don't put all Christians in the same category as God fearing. There are many very good people in all churches but sad to say they are outnumbered by those that only play church. Don't let those that stand out to get attention for themselves keep you from attending a church because we shouldnt go to see who is there or be concerned for how others act. The reason for attending a church is to worship God. We should not judge others on how they act, we only have to answer for our actions. When we do, we are judging and then we make ourselves no better than they are.
LULZ

Morganton, NC

#39 May 7, 2013
God Fearing wrote:
Maybe some of us "True Christians" who believe in tolerance and Love will be there too. To OPPOSE you radical hypocrites. Maybe if that were to happen, you "Christians" would just fade away and let real, tolerant believers in God have a voice around here. But, sadly I bet that would not happen. Instead, you "Radical Rancid Right Wingers" will just double down and become MORE vile and full of hate than you already are. And by any measure reflects the ignorance that is McDowell County.
ZiggLer

Charlotte, NC

#40 May 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Since I don't live in Marion anymore, I don't often bother to get onto Marion Topix, but I visited this morning out of morbid curiosity. I see nothing has changed. At the top of the list was a "Pierced up tattooed freaks!" thread. A few posts down in the thread, some foaming-at-the-mouth fundamentalist named "God Fearing" was spouting Bible verses and screamed that those who were tattooed or pierced were "on the road to Hell" and covered with "Devil marks." The shrieking lasted for two whole paragraphs.
Here's my word, as an Atheist, to that person and the rest of you:
The Bible clearly says everyone sins and has fallen short of the glory of God. Rather than get all frothy-mouthed as you loudly and hypocritically condemn others who sin like you do, you should just calm down. This is true regardless of who you condemn, be it the tattooed, homosexuals, Mexicans, etc. etc. What you should do is live your life the way you see fit. In any and all cases, how others choose to live their private lives simply isn't your problem or your responsibility. If God is really as worried about homosexuals and tattoos as you claim he is, then God will deal with those people after they die, right? Or don't you really believe that will happen?
Before you start screaming at other sinners, with spittle flying out of your mouth, remember what your Bible says:
1) Everyone is a sinner, including you.
2) Everyone falls short of the glory of God, including you.
3) When you type in BIG BOLD CAPS on Topix that someone's going to Hell because they're a sinner, you're a hypocrite because you're also a sinner.
4) The Bible clearly says judgment is reserved for the Lord.
5)*Most importantly*,If you judge others based upon their sins, especially since you are also personally full of sins, especially when God has commanded you not to judge others for their sins, you are willingly sinning against God.
Assuming God exists, He doesn't notice it when you do that.
In a way, I guess I should thank McDowell County. It was the Christians of McDowell County, through their extreme hatred, lack of tolerance, loudness, and (most importantly) sinful hypocrisy that started me down the path to realizing a Christian God didn't exist. Now I live my life free of all that ridiculousness.
Come to think of it, I don't know why I wrote all these words trying to discourage Christians from being hateful, hypocritical, judgmental types who shriek at others about what big sinning bastards they are. After all, Christianity as a percentage of the population is dropping through the floor in this country and they're the reason why. Kudos!
I agree with a lot of what you've said here, it makes a lot of sense. But it's worth asking this question: at best we as humans are gonna live 80-100 years, that's nothing compared to eternity. If your right with the atheist thing no big deal, we die and that's it. Now that doesn't make a lot of sense bc what is the purpose of life if that's true? But if Christians are right and there is a heaven and hell, we'll obviously an atheist or non believer would go straight there! That's a really big gamble. Doesn't seem worth it to me
Jeff

Asheville, NC

#41 May 8, 2013
Ziggler,

You make two interesting points:

1Q)You claim that if I'm right and this is the only life we have, then okay. However, you claim I'm possibly wasting eternity, and that if I'm wrong about the nonexistence of God, eternity will suck for me.

2Q)If there is no afterlife, what is the purpose of life?

Let me address both of them:

1A) Let's say for the sake of argument that I'm right and there is no Heaven or Hell and when you die, that's it: it's the end of Ziggler or Jeff forever. In short, eternity for you would actually be the 80 (average) years you live.

Wouldn't it also be a horrible waste to base your entire one and only life entirely on something that didn't exist (God)?

2A) Every person has to find meaning for their own lives. I truly believe God doesn't exist. You say that you have to have God to have meaning in life.

Again, let me go on the argument that God doesn't exist. If there is no God, wouldn't the person who bases his life on a God that doesn't exist be the one who is truly living the meaningless life?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dumba$$ 1 hr yup 1
Deacon Drive and Burma Road East 3 hr Burma Neighbor 1
Mountain Med (Warning) 18 hr Danger warning 7
terry hollifield 20 hr lie 14
Aaron Gilliland 20 hr lie 10
Jennifer Young 21 hr Kizzy 2
jobs hiring? Wed whoever 1
Marion Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web