Christians make great hypocrites.

Posted in the Marion Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of146
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jeff

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Since I don't live in Marion anymore, I don't often bother to get onto Marion Topix, but I visited this morning out of morbid curiosity. I see nothing has changed. At the top of the list was a "Pierced up tattooed freaks!" thread. A few posts down in the thread, some foaming-at-the-mouth fundamentalist named "God Fearing" was spouting Bible verses and screamed that those who were tattooed or pierced were "on the road to Hell" and covered with "Devil marks." The shrieking lasted for two whole paragraphs.

Here's my word, as an Atheist, to that person and the rest of you:

The Bible clearly says everyone sins and has fallen short of the glory of God. Rather than get all frothy-mouthed as you loudly and hypocritically condemn others who sin like you do, you should just calm down. This is true regardless of who you condemn, be it the tattooed, homosexuals, Mexicans, etc. etc. What you should do is live your life the way you see fit. In any and all cases, how others choose to live their private lives simply isn't your problem or your responsibility. If God is really as worried about homosexuals and tattoos as you claim he is, then God will deal with those people after they die, right? Or don't you really believe that will happen?

Before you start screaming at other sinners, with spittle flying out of your mouth, remember what your Bible says:

1) Everyone is a sinner, including you.
2) Everyone falls short of the glory of God, including you.
3) When you type in BIG BOLD CAPS on Topix that someone's going to Hell because they're a sinner, you're a hypocrite because you're also a sinner.
4) The Bible clearly says judgment is reserved for the Lord.
5)*Most importantly*,If you judge others based upon their sins, especially since you are also personally full of sins, especially when God has commanded you not to judge others for their sins, you are willingly sinning against God.

Assuming God exists, He doesn't notice it when you do that.

In a way, I guess I should thank McDowell County. It was the Christians of McDowell County, through their extreme hatred, lack of tolerance, loudness, and (most importantly) sinful hypocrisy that started me down the path to realizing a Christian God didn't exist. Now I live my life free of all that ridiculousness.

Come to think of it, I don't know why I wrote all these words trying to discourage Christians from being hateful, hypocritical, judgmental types who shriek at others about what big sinning bastards they are. After all, Christianity as a percentage of the population is dropping through the floor in this country and they're the reason why. Kudos!
LULZ

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I do believe in God. That said, great post. You hit the ball out of the park.
Amy

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 5, 2013
 
Jeff wrote:
Since I don't live in Marion anymore, I don't often bother to get onto Marion Topix, but I visited this morning out of morbid curiosity. I see nothing has changed. At the top of the list was a "Pierced up tattooed freaks!" thread. A few posts down in the thread, some foaming-at-the-mouth fundamentalist named "God Fearing" was spouting Bible verses and screamed that those who were tattooed or pierced were "on the road to Hell" and covered with "Devil marks." The shrieking lasted for two whole paragraphs.

Here's my word, as an Atheist, to that person and the rest of you:

The Bible clearly says everyone sins and has fallen short of the glory of God. Rather than get all frothy-mouthed as you loudly and hypocritically condemn others who sin like you do, you should just calm down. This is true regardless of who you condemn, be it the tattooed, homosexuals, Mexicans, etc. etc. What you should do is live your life the way you see fit. In any and all cases, how others choose to live their private lives simply isn't your problem or your responsibility. If God is really as worried about homosexuals and tattoos as you claim he is, then God will deal with those people after they die, right? Or don't you really believe that will happen?

Before you start screaming at other sinners, with spittle flying out of your mouth, remember what your Bible says:

1) Everyone is a sinner, including you.
2) Everyone falls short of the glory of God, including you.
3) When you type in BIG BOLD CAPS on Topix that someone's going to Hell because they're a sinner, you're a hypocrite because you're also a sinner.
4) The Bible clearly says judgment is reserved for the Lord.
5)*Most importantly*,If you judge others based upon their sins, especially since you are also personally full of sins, especially when God has commanded you not to judge others for their sins, you are willingly sinning against God.

Assuming God exists, He doesn't notice it when you do that.

In a way, I guess I should thank McDowell County. It was the Christians of McDowell County, through their extreme hatred, lack of tolerance, loudness, and (most importantly) sinful hypocrisy that started me down the path to realizing a Christian God didn't exist. Now I live my life free of all that ridiculousness.

Come to think of it, I don't know why I wrote all these words trying to discourage Christians from being hateful, hypocritical, judgmental types who shriek at others about what big sinning bastards they are. After all, Christianity as a percentage of the population is dropping through the floor in this country and they're the reason why. Kudos!
Not all Christians behave in that manner. I do appreciate your post as well, and some people do go to extremes. The Bible also says we are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Jesus reached people through love, and I expect that's how we all are supposed to reach others. We are supposed to go out into the highways and hedges and compel others to come to God. You are exactly right: screaming, ranting, and raving about what we perceive as others faults is not a compelling argument for God. I am truly sorry that you were a victim of that. Again, thank you for your post. Sadly, I don't think everyone will be as appreciative...
Bluebell

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I am a believer in a wonderful loving God and all that He stands for and to Jeff I just want to say "thank you"! The post that you put on here this morning was something that was long overdue in being said! Atheist or not, your words are dead on !
God Fearing

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Let me tel you people something Christians has been persecuted throughout history! I am sick of people a talkin about about me and my church family. Just cause u think that we are bashin gays when the bible says that these people are going to hell! People need to listen to the word of God! Why in my day you never heard of such a thing as gays and you did people would be shamed and they would not have publicly declared their perverted views. This hole town has gone down. I remember that before only prisioners and degenerates got tattoos. Now irresponsible parents are letting their children get these vile markings on their bodies. The bible planely states that you will not put the names of the dead on your body. These people who do this are no better than the vile homosexuals who pray upon our innocent children. This country is headed for revolution. The Christian people need to take back their counrty that there forefathers founded for them. You people who are in on this need to repent and get rite with God before he comes back and judges the hole world! Our preacher and our church is organizing a protest against all of this wickedness on the court house lawn on June 10. We are hoping that all of the true Christians will come out and support good moral family values and Christian biblical principals!
David Doken

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

God Fearing wrote:
Let me tel you people something Christians has been persecuted throughout history! I am sick of people a talkin about about me and my church family. Just cause u think that we are bashin gays when the bible says that these people are going to hell! People need to listen to the word of God! Why in my day you never heard of such a thing as gays and you did people would be shamed and they would not have publicly declared their perverted views. This hole town has gone down. I remember that before only prisioners and degenerates got tattoos. Now irresponsible parents are letting their children get these vile markings on their bodies. The bible planely states that you will not put the names of the dead on your body. These people who do this are no better than the vile homosexuals who pray upon our innocent children. This country is headed for revolution. The Christian people need to take back their counrty that there forefathers founded for them. You people who are in on this need to repent and get rite with God before he comes back and judges the hole world! Our preacher and our church is organizing a protest against all of this wickedness on the court house lawn on June 10. We are hoping that all of the true Christians will come out and support good moral family values and Christian biblical principals!
Please, you need to get over the idea you are being persecuted... For one, Christians are responsible for more deaths in this world than any other religion. That is a fact, the facts don't lie. Second, Christians make up the vast majority of believers in the USA, so this notion of you being "persecuted" is just total BS.

What the non-believers and atheists are sick of is Christians trying to ram their beliefs down everyone's throats. We do not care where you practice your faith and we are not trying to stop you or destroy Christianity, BUT we WILL stop your ability to discriminate in public or try to write biblical laws into public law that EVERYONE has to abide by.

BTW, here is a good read concerning the matter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/candida-moss/th...
David Doken

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

And one more thing... This country was never founded on Christianity... it was founded so people could have FREE religion and believe as they choose and to escape the religion of England. If the founders cared so much about Christianity, they would have wrote it into the Constitution...they did not!
MEE

Clyde, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

God Fearing wrote:
Let me tel you people something Christians has been persecuted throughout history! I am sick of people a talkin about about me and my church family. Just cause u think that we are bashin gays when the bible says that these people are going to hell! People need to listen to the word of God! Why in my day you never heard of such a thing as gays and you did people would be shamed and they would not have publicly declared their perverted views. This hole town has gone down. I remember that before only prisioners and degenerates got tattoos. Now irresponsible parents are letting their children get these vile markings on their bodies. The bible planely states that you will not put the names of the dead on your body. These people who do this are no better than the vile homosexuals who pray upon our innocent children. This country is headed for revolution. The Christian people need to take back their counrty that there forefathers founded for them. You people who are in on this need to repent and get rite with God before he comes back and judges the hole world! Our preacher and our church is organizing a protest against all of this wickedness on the court house lawn on June 10. We are hoping that all of the true Christians will come out and support good moral family values and Christian biblical principals!
Just because you and your so called church thinks your way is the best way for everyone, we'll that's doing nothing but judging and being a hypocrite, just a thought, but you all will probably bust hells gates wide open if you wait on your Christian beliefs to get you to heaven!!!
Tammy

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Wow, old god fearing sounds like the American Taliban. No one gives a shit about your "beliefs". No wonder these churches look like retirement communities these days. Nothing loving in his post. Just sounds like a bitter old man using God to tell others how to live.

Jesus never said anything about gays. You also need to re-read what it does say about it in the old testament because you certainly got that wrong too. Sounds to me you are just the typical backwoods brainwashed 'Christian" that never used his brain for a minute and let his "preacher" tell him what HE wanted him to believe without any oversight whatsoever.
Alex Randolph

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Free-Thinker here... and never been happier.
Danny Mace

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Hahhahaa!! If Jesus Christ walked into a church around here they would throw that "liberal bum" out in the street!...People around here support the Conservative Jesus... not the one in the bible who healed the sick and took care of the poor...The same Jesus that turned over the money changers... Oh no.. Conservatives are all about profit and capitalism...Personally I don't believe in any of this crap but if it were for real, a lot of people in this area are REALLY going to be surprised when they realize how different Jesus is from how their ideology is.
Bluebell

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

It's called "freedom of religion" for a reason! It's the freedom to worship a religious deity of your choosing whether it be the same God that I worship or not; choosing YOUR beliefs not the beliefs that someone is trying to shove down your throat. Just because one doesn't have the same beliefs as another doesn't mean they are automatically going to Hell! My God is the ONLY one that I need to worry about judging me! No one knows the soul of anyone so some of you people out there need to stop pretending that you do and take a good long hard look in the mirror! What you see looking back at you justify surprise you!
Tammy

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Bluebell wrote:
It's called "freedom of religion" for a reason! It's the freedom to worship a religious deity of your choosing whether it be the same God that I worship or not; choosing YOUR beliefs not the beliefs that someone is trying to shove down your throat. Just because one doesn't have the same beliefs as another doesn't mean they are automatically going to Hell! My God is the ONLY one that I need to worry about judging me! No one knows the soul of anyone so some of you people out there need to stop pretending that you do and take a good long hard look in the mirror! What you see looking back at you justify surprise you!
Exactly! It's people like "God fearing" that is destroying Christianity and running people away.
Jeff

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

God Fearing wrote:
Let me tel you people something Christians has been persecuted throughout history! I am sick of people a talkin about about me and my church family. Just cause u think that we are bashin gays when the bible says that these people are going to hell! People need to listen to the word of God! Why in my day you never heard of such a thing as gays and you did people would be shamed and they would not have publicly declared their perverted views. This hole town has gone down. I remember that before only prisioners and degenerates got tattoos. Now irresponsible parents are letting their children get these vile markings on their bodies. The bible planely states that you will not put the names of the dead on your body. These people who do this are no better than the vile homosexuals who pray upon our innocent children. This country is headed for revolution. The Christian people need to take back their counrty that there forefathers founded for them. You people who are in on this need to repent and get rite with God before he comes back and judges the hole world! Our preacher and our church is organizing a protest against all of this wickedness on the court house lawn on June 10. We are hoping that all of the true Christians will come out and support good moral family values and Christian biblical principals!
That was a very nice example of the foaming-at-the-mouth attitude I was talking about. Thank you for making my point for me.

Actually, the Bible doesn't say homosexuals are going to Hell. It says sinners who don't accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior are going to Hell. Homosexuality is simply a sin and you, God Fearing, are a sinner as well. You sin every single day, unless you actually want us to believe that you, like Jesus, are without sin.

The Bible is very clear that all sins are equal in the eyes of God and condemn an unforgiven soul to Hell. Therefore when you, God Fearing, sin by coming onto Topix and casting judgment on others, that's just as bad of a sin as being homosexual.

Also, the Bible is very clear that if God doesn't like something someone else is doing, such as homosexuality, He will deal with it after the sinner is dead. It's not your problem, unless you just like telling others what big jerks they are, which makes you the really big jerk.

Again, I thank you for your attitude, as it reminds me I made the right decision when I let people like you allow me to realize that your religion is a sham. It's full of those who would gleefully ignore commandments from their own nonexistent God in order to use their religion to attack others who, according to their religion, are all equally flawed.

Still, let me, the atheist, give you a couple of Bible verses that you clearly need. Pretty sad when I have to do that, huh?

Romans 3:23
John 8:7
Matthew 7:5

And, very importantly for your church and the whole courthouse lawn thing:

Matthew 6:1 and Matthew 6:5-6
LULZ

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 5, 2013
 
Bluebell wrote:
It's called "freedom of religion" for a reason! It's the freedom to worship a religious deity of your choosing whether it be the same God that I worship or not; choosing YOUR beliefs not the beliefs that someone is trying to shove down your throat. Just because one doesn't have the same beliefs as another doesn't mean they are automatically going to Hell! My God is the ONLY one that I need to worry about judging me! No one knows the soul of anyone so some of you people out there need to stop pretending that you do and take a good long hard look in the mirror! What you see looking back at you justify surprise you!
X2!
David Doken

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Well I was raised right here in McDowell County and went to the Cross Mill Church of God ever since I was a baby. The older I got the more I realized it was all a sham and total BS. I will let my kids make up their own minds but I would not make them go to any church and be brainwashed like a lot around here have. I want no part of any of it.
LULZ

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

A couple of years ago, I lost some "good friends" or who I thought were "good friends" from Marion because of their judge mental attitude. I like a drink or two and they didn't like it. So instead of bowing down to their wishes, my wife and I said BYE! Its almost like folks like that have a "Sickness" or are members of a cult of some sort. Do as I do or you are the devil...
Nasty

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

David Doken wrote:
Well I was raised right here in McDowell County and went to the Cross Mill Church of God ever since I was a baby. The older I got the more I realized it was all a sham and total BS. I will let my kids make up their own minds but I would not make them go to any church and be brainwashed like a lot around here have. I want no part of any of it.
Well then go to Hell and take your liberal gay kids with you!
LULZ

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then go to Hell and take your liberal gay kids with you!
What a great "CHRISTIAN" response.
Tammy

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Most radical Christians in this area are like "God Fearing" They are vile.... seems like this is a mental disorder or something. I'm glad I was able to get away from it and not totally brainwashed. Being rid of religion is the best thing I ever done. I'm spiritual, just not religious. My beliefs are between me and who ever I believe in and none of anyone's business as I don't have to answer to any living soul on this world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of146
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Marion Forum right now

Search the Marion Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
fake people 51 min nauseous 8
dirtiest meth ho.e 53 min nauseous 3
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 hr Red Square 54,810
Halley Bradshaw 11 hr Mymeemee 2
Brett Clontz 11 hr anonymous 3
Danny (Dj) Jimison (Mar '12) 12 hr Rachael 33
Democrats working for " Diversity. 14 hr Tupac 1
•••
•••
•••
Marion Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Marion Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Marion News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marion
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••