rusty shackelford

United States

#23 Oct 24, 2009
anywho_1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Justice's owned the skating rink and the pool. Hated to see the rink go and The Wave didn't last too much longer
i skated there every weekend ithink violet hall ran the rink .the jukebox was in the middle of the floor one night one of the mills boys hit it so hard it tipped over.
Old Times

Greer, SC

#24 Oct 24, 2009
I see Amy a lot. She is married to Donnie that owms T&D's towing. You talking about Jeff Plemmons? He had the blue and yellow 70 or 71 Camaro. Always heard it called the banana boat! It was a very cool car!
hubba

Maracaibo, Venezuela

#25 Oct 24, 2009
hubba

Since: Sep 09

Wellford, SC

#26 Oct 24, 2009
old times u remember well. jeff plemmoms was the one,but i think it was a 73 not 100% on that.
rusty shackelford

United States

#27 Oct 24, 2009
hey cowboy do you recall greg johnsons 69 blue mach 1 .

Wellford, SC

#28 Oct 24, 2009
did he live up 221-226. above where the gas house is now? didnt see it out much.
rusty shackelford

United States

#29 Oct 24, 2009
yes he still has it in the garage at the paving co .fastest thing i ever raced against on toms creek .
Old Times

Greer, SC

#30 Oct 24, 2009
COWBOY44 wrote:
old times u remember well. jeff plemmoms was the one,but i think it was a 73 not 100% on that.
My have been a 73, been a few days since I last saw it ;-) I also remember Greg's Boss. You remember Steve Strouds white Goat?
Old Times

Greer, SC

#31 Oct 24, 2009
rusty shackelford wrote:
<quoted text>i skated there every weekend ithink violet hall ran the rink .the jukebox was in the middle of the floor one night one of the mills boys hit it so hard it tipped over.
Id say that wasnt the only time it was tipped over. Never could understand why it was in the middle of the floor.
McDowell native 49

United States

#32 Oct 24, 2009
The 5 lane is where I always hanging out in the late 70s. Brings back a lot of memories. Sure do wish Hardees would bring back the roast beef. Keep it up

Wellford, SC

#33 Oct 24, 2009
cant say can i remember steves goat. must be getting old. lol do remember a gto i think sam or sammy had , 4 speed. my nefew could drive the hell out of.( he was hell on a 4 speed}.
native u may know some of my brothers. they was there inthe 70s to 80s.
Old Times

Greer, SC

#34 Oct 24, 2009
Steves Goat was a 65, and was tubbed. I think Rob Radford totaled it.
rusty shackelford

United States

#35 Oct 24, 2009
steve lived at the end of the straight .moose whitson had a nice mach 1 mark cunningham had a fast nova,wish gas was still that cheap.
blast from the past

Peosta, IA

#36 Oct 24, 2009
Mark Cunningham, had a red GTO.
rusty shackelford

United States

#37 Oct 25, 2009
blast from the past wrote:
Mark Cunningham, had a red GTO.
your right been a few years .
McDowell native 69

Morganton, NC

#38 Oct 25, 2009
I think Mary had a blue pinto.
sportsfan71

Holder, FL

#39 Oct 25, 2009
I remember when there was nothing on 70 but Wendys, actually I remember it before there was a Wendys. Anyone remember the big barn across from where Wal- Mart is now that spontaneously combusted?
McDowell native 69

Morganton, NC

#40 Oct 25, 2009
Bobby drove a yellow pacer.
Man, it was ugly.
McDowell native 49

United States

#41 Oct 25, 2009
I remember when their was no 5-lane
rusty shackelford

United States

#42 Oct 25, 2009
did any one else besides me get caught racing in the parking lot of roses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kerrigan Floyd 2 hr Interested 1
Stupid 2 hr Poppooo 7
5lane haiku 5 hr scruffy 4
Old and forgotten 5 hr scruffy 2
Michelle Gilliland 6 hr Oracle 5
Erin McElveen 11 hr Snickers 5
Kayla Hegler 14 hr Beware 1

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance