Socail Services in Crittenden County

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
plain tired

Slaughters, KY

#1 Jul 27, 2012
Any thoughts or discussion on this subject??
Ummm

United States

#2 Jul 29, 2012
they want to pick on the families that aren't doing anything wrong and not ever check in on calls about the families that are beating mistreating and not taking care if their kids
plain tired

Slaughters, KY

#3 Jul 30, 2012
I agree 110%. In my opinion the 1st thing they need to do is to start doing tubal's on these women that keep having kids they can't support and vasectomy's as well. Second if a person walks in to sign up for benifits with tattoo's, body pierecing's, smoking cig. and on a cell phone they should have to give up all those things in order to draw anything. those things a person can do without, next they should bedrug screened randomly, I have to be screened randomly to earn the money I pay taxes with to support them so why should they be any differnt. just saying......
Amy

Oak Grove, KY

#4 Jul 30, 2012
When there informed about a childs well being,they call ahead to tell them there coming to check on the kids,my friends child support is paying for her drug habit,yes they should make them take random drug testing but that might ruin the local economy
plain tired

Slaughters, KY

#5 Jul 31, 2012
look around the local economy is ruined already.. I'd say there are more drawing benifits than are working paying in. I feel like if you can't or won't support them stay off your back and stoping having more kids for the working people to support. They would save money by drug screening in the long run.There are to many good people out there that would love and be good to a child I say take these reports serously and if needed remove the child so he/she can have a better life and break the cycle. Alot of the kids don't stand a chance in this county. I could not lay down at night if I didn' try to help each and every child that was reported.... Sometimes guidelines have to be broken just saying........ If more people would take the time to call Frankfort and tell tehm what they think out Socail Services maybe something wold be done in this county,
Ummm

United States

#6 Jul 31, 2012
Ok first off this says social services that's not the same as the Dcbs office yes they r in the same building but have nothin to do wit the people that e gettin help. And how can u say about the tattoos and piercing those may have came before there was a need for help and a cell phone I would rather see them wit a cell phone if they have a kid because then that way if they are out somewhere they have away of getting their kid help if need be. But anyway back on subject I think if they get a call on someone that they should not inform them that they are headed there they should just show up catch the people in the act. And really it seems that they pick people they don't like and try to catch them doing something wrong when if they listened to people that called they could help get kids out of a bad home.
plain tired

Slaughters, KY

#7 Aug 1, 2012
There is a big difference in someone needing help for a short peroid of time and just plain sucking the system dry. and from what I see in this county the majority suck the system dry. Once they get a hand out it becomes a way of life. I think welfare was created to be a short term program not a long term way of life...... and as for the comments above it's one thing to walk in for 1st time help with the tattoo's etc... but the majority contuine to add more and more so if they can afford that they don't need my tax paying dollars to feed them, cloth them etc....
system

Oak Grove, KY

#8 Aug 2, 2012
Social Services does the best they can with the guidelines they are given. They do not have free reigns, although they probably wished they did. It is incredibly sad that some people cheat the system in order to receive more benefits, ultimately hurting someones chances of getting help who actually needs it. It isn't really social services fault, it's the people that contribute to it. Social services have guidelines from the state that they must follow. They can't just intervene in any situation when they deem necessary.
plain tired

Marion, KY

#9 Aug 3, 2012
I disagree I don't think social services does all they can do, I think they do what they want to do. I am more concerned about the children's welfare in this town than the benifits someone receives. and I know from experience that things are brought to the attention of social services and nothing is done. So how suffers the children.......
plain tired

Marion, KY

#10 Aug 3, 2012
Sorry this was misspelled.....So who suffers the children suffer that's who......
system

Oak Grove, KY

#11 Aug 6, 2012
Social Services can't pick and choose what they want to do. They do what they can with what the state allows them to do.
fed up

Marion, KY

#12 Aug 6, 2012
It is not only my opinion but I have heard the same comments made by others that more so than not socail services turns than heads according to it may be concerning. and again who suffers the CHILDREN. I know you can't save the world, but in this little town open your eyes to what's going on right under your noses and to the children it is affecting.
Annonn

Oak Grove, KY

#14 Aug 10, 2012
If you people cared even a bit about THE CHILDREN.... you'd report the 'crimes' or 'abuse' or whatever to Social Services or the police when you KNOW whats happening. Not when you think you know, like most people in Marion. If nothing is done about your complaint, move on up the chain of command. Go to a supervisor, then theyre supervisor. Don't complain about people not doing theyre jobs when you yourselvs don't want to stand up and say ' Yes, I saw that man hit that child!'
plain tired

Marion, KY

#15 Aug 10, 2012
I agree with you on that, but sometimes when there is only one complaint and there are others that as you said know its going on I feel like a deaf ear is turned to the one complaint.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#16 Aug 12, 2012
This entire thread is a generalization of opinions on "social services" in Crittenden County.

As a reader with no formed stance on the topic at hand, how do any of these statements made help a person make an informed opinion on this matter?

First of all, there is not one instance of a sourced incident and response taken or not taken by "social services."

That said, when speaking of matters of the social welfare of children - there is no way to in-fact point out a specific incident and the result without violating laws and protections afforded to them.

If those of you who agree upon the "lack there of" in regards to the help you have received, then take the matter out of a public forum, which cannot help you in any form (but does help those who enjoy Jerry Springer)- and find out the truth or make a difference.

Typing is rather easy. Opinions are the fallacy of man. Standing up or against a governmental service is better served using facts and in-person meetings.
plain tired

Slaughters, KY

#17 Aug 12, 2012
I certainly hope you never have a child in the situation we have one in and NO ONE when the facts are right in their face will help.

Location hidden

#18 Aug 13, 2012
plain tired wrote:
I certainly hope you never have a child in the situation we have one in and NO ONE when the facts are right in their face will help.
There is no way for a reader to understand what you are going through in terms of fact driven information - and if I were you, nor would I disclose it here.
Simply put, those of you who have issues with what has transpired, should get together in person and take those concerns as a group to the proper channels. If you have done these things and nothing changed, then I would feel as you do. That's all.
plain tired

Marion, KY

#19 Aug 13, 2012
have taken it to the proper channels nothing in this town seems to work.Hope those that have turned a deaf ear and blind eye can lay down and sleep at night.
Silvermaven

United States

#20 Aug 27, 2012
NO ONE should advocate for social services taking the rights of a parent caused by lies and failures to tell the public they are SICK and their failures to treat the real AIDS for over 30yrs.

plain tired you sound like an Israeli criminal who has been killing US families for fun and profits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The masses must seek Universal Healthcare for the real treatment we all need and get rid of the vectors of disease that are adding to the infections from vaccines with every single bite.

They have known all along what using spirochetal cells from a woman who had Syphilis was doing to the masses and did nothing to stop them from killing US on purpose.

So until you can offer some solution to help them other than crucifying parents for criminals lies, I would suggest you stay out of other people's business.

Location hidden

#21 Aug 27, 2012
Silvermaven wrote:
NO ONE should advocate for social services taking the rights of a parent caused by lies and failures to tell the public they are SICK and their failures to treat the real AIDS for over 30yrs.
plain tired you sound like an Israeli criminal who has been killing US families for fun and profits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The masses must seek Universal Healthcare for the real treatment we all need and get rid of the vectors of disease that are adding to the infections from vaccines with every single bite.
They have known all along what using spirochetal cells from a woman who had Syphilis was doing to the masses and did nothing to stop them from killing US on purpose.
So until you can offer some solution to help them other than crucifying parents for criminals lies, I would suggest you stay out of other people's business.
"plain tired you sound like an Israeli criminal who has been killing US families for fun and profits."

Are you sure you are on the right forum? Hezbollah is located a few thousand miles away, you know, past the home of aids in Africa, shoot up the Sinai...Go past ISRAEL (you probably call it Palestine), then enter Lebanon.

Idiot.

This topic is up for closure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear drug dealers and addicts 19 hr Shay Kinnis 6
Busted (Jun '17) 21 hr The Marion Menace 24
Uncut 21 hr The Marion Menace 12
Squirrel aka Jamie Sutton 21 hr The Marion Menace 3
Primered Econo van 21 hr The Marion Menace 2
Alan Dennis 21 hr The Marion Menace 2
james parks 21 hr The Marion Menace 3

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance